shape
carat
color
clarity

PriceScope 2015 $5,000 Holiday Giveaway

userangl28212003

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
This is my special bling because first ruby is my birthstone. This is also special because the ruby was my first ever separate stone purchase that after reading the forums on here about what to look for in stones. I love settings that are nature like/antique and different so the setting is special because it shows off my style. I ware my ruby ring almost everyday and love it especially for the holiday season. Every time I look at it, it reminds me on how far i've come in learning about gemstones :).

ru9.jpg
ru17.jpg
ru8.jpg
dsc01033_-_edited.jpg

digdeep

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
My spinel stone in tension "look" setting............it was only after noticing that the color seemed to shift more than a little--that I consulted with this crew. With the help of contributors on Pricescope I discovered my stone is a color change spinel! Thank you Pricescope.......experts, contributors, trade people. You are great! (This is the lighter pink/orangy color)

2014-11-02_001_2014-11-02_1.jpg

blackprophet

Brilliant_Rock
img_0923.jpg

My special bling is this Pendant. I gave this to my wife on our wedding day as a wedding gift. It is a perfect representation of the two of us and the meaning of that day. My wife always says that gifts are like a mathematical equation. This one is no different, when I gave it to her, I had to give her a diagram with it to decipher them all LOL.

My wife now wears it every day, and I never get tired staring at it around her neck.

december-fire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This ring has been in my family for about 110 years. With its one small diamond and two small rubies, it wouldn't command a high monetary value. But its significant and meaning to me is priceless. I've worn it since I was 11 years old and just celebrated my 58th Birthday. Over 47 years, the ring has gone from being too loose when I was young, to snug when I was pregnant, to just right as it sits on my finger now. I have always considered it something for me to cherish and safeguard before passing it on to one of my children. Looking at it on my hand, I think of the strong, intelligent and capable women from whom I'm descended. It gives me a feeling of connection with them and strength to overcome life's difficulties.

dscf0244.jpg

jeweln

Brilliant_Rock
My special bling is my five stone diamond ring because these are the first ideal cut diamonds I bought after learning from Pricescope .I joined PS in 2011 but for two years before that I was a lurker . I learned a lot about diamonds and found out that cut was king . in those days lots of people on PS were buying five stone rings . I fell in love and spent hours searching for all related threads . finally ordered mine in 2010 from Bluenile . . I went as low as I could on clarity and color : 2 ctw ,J/SI1, ideal cut .people always comment how sparkly and beautiful my ring is .

dsc02562.jpg

dsc02563.jpg

UrsTx

Brilliant_Rock
My new special piece is a Henri Daussi eternity band in platinum, customized to remove the millgraine edging. It's sections of quasi-rectangles that contain 5 tiny diamonds each and then a single shared prong stand-alone diamond, etc. I'm currently wearing it in a stack.

_1139.jpeg

lovemybling

Brilliant_Rock
What a generous way to spend the holiday's, sharing all our favorite items with each other!

My favorite BLING, is what I consider my Mother's ring. My husband had it made for me after my LAST child nearly killed me trying to get here. My ring is made up of 3 white diamond bands set in platinum and 2 pink diamond bands set in rose gold. They represent my 3 boys and two girls. I have always loved the idea of a mother's ring but with my kids birth stones not really working together I never thought I would have one. Lucky for me I have a friend who helped me think outside the box to have a Mother's ring that was more me even if it isn't a traditional one.

I wear this as an alternate wedding ring, it probably actually gets more time on my hand then my "big" bling.

thanks for letting me share.

:bigsmile:

img_10178.jpg

bunny20

Rough_Rock
I just want to start out by saying I love PS! What a great group of people being positive and supportive in the hunt for the perfect gems :) I've been lurking for a couple months and finally decided to make an account and contribute to the forums.

Here is a photo of diamond earrings that are really special to me. They were given to me a couple years ago on the first Valentine's Day I shared with my boyfriend. He enlisted the help of his sister and one of my best friends to find the perfect diamond twins for my ears, and he did a fantastic job!

Much of our relationship has been in distance, so being able to look at my earrings in the mirror or touch them whenever I miss my fiance (he recently proposed!) has been a comfort and a joy. We will pass these earrings on to our future daughter one day :)

snapchat-1757845991289016036.jpg

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm lucky enough to have a few diamond pieces that I really enjoy wearing. When it comes to choosing the "most special" to me right now, however, I keep turning to the humblest and simplest: the ~.46ctw diamond earrings that I bought as a treat to myself earlier this year. They have a true PS faithful pedigree: the diamonds came from Brian Gavin, and they were set by Whiteflash. I think I've worn them at least five days every week since I got them. I love that they're small and not flashy, and that they allow me to wear my little bit of girly bling in absolutely any circumstances. And I love knowing that they're doing their light show thing even if I can't see it.

I'm stuck in a hotel room with no "props" to speak of, so I hope you'll accept a (cropped) vendor photo and excuse a horrible substitute for an "ear shot."

8-prong_diamond_earrings.jpg 8-prong.jpg

susimoo

Brilliant_Rock
Here is my Holiday Bling.

I received this for Christmas two years ago having bought it from a wonderful pricescoper, Demelza.
Whilst lots of bling comes and goes rom my collection, this ring will never leave me. I always feel it was meant to be mine. I adored this when Demelza shared it on here. Then she decided to sell. I hesitated and the post disappeared. Gutted I emailed and said that if the sale fell through I'd love to buy it.
Demelza had withdrawn the post as she was having second thoughts. She was just so lovely though, replying that if she ever did decide to sell I'd be the first to know.
Such is the way, I had just purchased an antique cushion from OWD when the email came through to say that it was for sale and was I interested.
Demelza went out of her way to facilitate the sale and waited until I got the funds together and it was on my finger less than two months later. I was and continue to be, over the moon with this beauty.
Grace from Jewels by Grace did the shipping for us and that also started another beautiful friendship and I now own three of Grace's beautiful pieces.

This ring represents all that is good with Pricescope. The camaraderie, the fairness, the great taste in jewellery, the love for antique pieces, the appreciation of art.
My ring talks to me. I hope it's passed down my daughters family line for generations to come.

Now for the good bit. The pictures. :love: :love: :love:

_1142.jpeg

_1143.jpeg

_1144.jpeg

_1145.jpeg

pinkjewel

Ideal_Rock
It is hard for me to pick just one special bling as I've found so many wonderful vendors here on Pricescope and have many pieces that are special to me. But, since I have to select just one- it would have to be my fancy pink diamond orchid ring by RDG Designs. Watching the step by step progress of this ring being completed and the incredible hard work and long hours that went into making it- it holds a very special place in my heart.

Thank you, Pricescope for another generous giveaway. Happy Holidays to all!

orchid_ring_by_the_0.jpg

diamondhoarder

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
This is last year's "holiday bling". Its a fancy light pinkish brown cushion from Leibish. Its special because I hunted high and low for a very long time to find a champagne diamond with some pink to it, which could be made into my version of a pink(ish) diamond ring. :)

pink_champagne_diamond_ring2.jpg

pink_champagne_diamond_ring3.jpg

thecat

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I actually submitted this entry but asked for it to be deleted since there was an error. Here is the abridged version since I didn't save my original post. :wall:

This is my special bling to celebrate a milestone birthday cum achievement of several goals. While I usually buy in house stones, I somehow decided to use the virtual search that day and love the numbers on this diamond. I had Jon of GOG call it in and he assured me that it is an excellent performer.

However, I haven't been wearing it much as the stems of the setting is slightly crooked (no, it wasn't set by GOG). We all know how frequently we see the profile view of a ring :blackeye: Due to sentimental value of the piece, I find it hard to move forward with reset. I hope that winning this contest is PS's way of telling me to reset my diamond and rock it :naughty:

My photography skill doesn't capture the beauty of this diamond but it throws off colorful pastels irl. Thank you PS for this contest. :))

inheritedring1234

Rough_Rock
This ring was my grandmother's - and given to me only recently after she died. It was, by far, her favorite piece of jewelry. It was her "special occasion" ring. But she had a pretty broad definition of special occasion. :)
As a little girl, I always asked if I could put it on when we visited - and she always let me.
I had no idea that I'd be given this ring in her will. And so obviously burst into tears the day my dad gave it to me.

It has 7 small diamonds, 10 small opals and 9 small rubies. And is, quite frankly, commanding when you put it on. You really can't hide it when you wear it. I think its from the 1940s - and has survived these last 70 years with minimal damage. One of the opals has a slight crack but otherwise its in great shape.

Below are a few pictures of the ring - and a picture of grandma well before I entered this world.

Thanks to Pricescope, the people who make up this community, and the vendors. I'm mostly a lurker - but have learned so much from this forum!

img_10179.jpg

img_10180.jpg

_35714.jpg

pearaffair

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you pricescope, for giving me sweet dreams and a chance for them to come true!

My favourite holiday bling is this amethyst and diamond white gold ring that my grandmother gave me when I graduated university. We went to the mall together and checked out every single jewellery store because she wanted me to pick out this gift from her. I have such fond memories of that day. She passed away this year (at 95!) and was one of my best friends, so this ring is extra special now.

It's nice to have those memories come to mind every time I look at my hand!

imageuploadedbytapatalk1450717813.jpg

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
inheritedring1234|1450712225|3964246 said:
This ring was my grandmother's - and given to me only recently after she died. It was, by far, her favorite piece of jewelry. It was her "special occasion" ring. But she had a pretty broad definition of special occasion. :)
As a little girl, I always asked if I could put it on when we visited - and she always let me.
I had no idea that I'd be given this ring in her will. And so obviously burst into tears the day my dad gave it to me.

It has 7 small diamonds, 10 small opals and 9 small rubies. And is, quite frankly, commanding when you put it on. You really can't hide it when you wear it. I think its from the 1940s - and has survived these last 70 years with minimal damage. One of the opals has a slight crack but otherwise its in great shape.

Below are a few pictures of the ring - and a picture of grandma well before I entered this world.

Thanks to Pricescope, the people who make up this community, and the vendors. I'm mostly a lurker - but have learned so much from this forum!
:wavey: Lovely post!!! She was quite a firecracker, if that photo is any indication!

LollyBear

Brilliant_Rock
This is a reset of my engagement diamond that my hubby gave to me on our 10th anniversary in September. While I have always loved my original engagement ring, we weren't able to find a wedding band that worked with it. I've been wearing a wedding band alone for 10 years ,only taking out my e-ring on special occasions to wear as a RHR. After 10 years and 3 kids, I'm so happy to get to wear all my bling daily.
This set is special because it represents 10 years of love and commitment. I'm so proud of the family we've created and this is my daily reminder of how blessed I am.

_35716.jpg

Sparkle_ruckle

Shiny_Rock
Premium
This snowflake pendant was gifted to me last Christmas by my husband. I fell very ill during that period of time and was unable to fulfill some duties due to my health as well, hence my husband had to step up on his end instead. So, when he asked me to pick a gift last Christmas, I decided to get this inexpensive and less-than-perfect pendant as the perfect reminder and encouragement to myself to embrace the imperfections in life. "Snow" is also my husband's nickname for me, so this humble pendant reminds me of the support he gave me during the difficult time.

Thanks for looking and Merry Christmas to all!

snowflake_pendant.jpg

star sparkle

Brilliant_Rock
My special bling has to be my moonstone ring - a gorgeous cabochon moonstone set in a diamond halo. I love the ethereal quality of moonstone and how utterly magical it appears to be. I was delighted to learn that moonstone is considered to be one of June's birthstones, as my DH was born in June. I'm an April baby so diamond is my birthstone, and after we were married I aspired to make a ring symbolizing the union of the two of us as individuals. It turned out better than I ever could have imagined, and it's one of my most treasured pieces!

1463759_10205403994362260_1691313762912812676_n.jpg

10171013_10205403783236982_5421013458262508438_n.jpg

_24062.jpg

cloreene

Rough_Rock
My engagement ring and wedding bands signify my Hmong upbringing to mimic the sash on our tradtioinal headpieces that we wear. I am in love with my ring that my husband and I pieced together from ebay. 20151209_082401.jpg

Takemetothepub

Rough_Rock
This is my special diamond.

Its a 0.9ct, F, VS1, Ideal cut, Ex Polish, Ex Symmetry, no fluorescence.

Why is it special?

1st, it's the first diamond I've ever bought and I spent a long time researching and making sure I got the best I could with the funds available to me.

2nd, my girlfriend doesn't know I have it in my possession yet and will be her gift on Christmas morning when I can stop calling her my girlfriend and start calling her my fiancee :love:

dsc086033.jpg

23565845031_aa31f6e00b_o.jpg

23280334909_9ab46658c9_o.jpg

Missykoo

Rough_Rock
My special bling is this ruby and diamond ring and pendant set I received from my mother for my first Mother's Day as a mom!
I always loved the intense red color of rubies but only had diamonds and pearls in my collection. My mother wanted to add some " color" to my collection to celebrate the new little princess in my life!
Happy holidays!

_35727.jpg

_35728.jpg

_35729.jpg

_35730.jpg

ooeemusic

Shiny_Rock
My special bling is what I call my engagement ring. It's special to me because it's really my wedding band, but no one knows but my hubby (who picked it out all on his own!). You see, we eloped a couple of months before our wedding and we never told anyone. We had our actual wedding a few months later and I added a "wedding band" at that time, but, it just doesn't have the same meaning to me as my "engagement ring". It's had a bit of a rough life since I got it, I'm sure everyone who has been around for a while remembers how it was damage and eventually remade by David Klass. I have to say I love my David Klass version just as much as the original, and to me it is more special because it's now truly one of a kind.

The first pick is my original just after we were married (I mean like 15 minutes :) ) The 2nd is my David Klass remake. 1130.jpg

attach0.jpg

newring5.jpg

Bella_mezzo

Ideal_Rock
I love this thread! What amazing stories and incredible people we have in the PS community!

Thank you so much to the mods for this generous and inspiring giveaway.

My collection is very modest by PS standards but each piece has meaning to me and illustrates the deep sense of community I have experienced over the six years I have been on PS and the few years before that when I was a lurker--from the ering that my DH sacrificed to buy and designed on his own based on my commentary from PS, to the custom HOW lotus bezel pendant that is made with an amazing OEC that Dreamer spent months helping me find on ebay, to the five stone Bliss helped me find that makes me feel blingy in board meetings, to the glowy spess I bought from Minousbijoux that is being set in January (into the setting that the ebay OEC originally lived in:), to my new spinel that Freke helped me find and will be set in 2016...but one of the most sentimental are my "wedding dress" earrings.

Living in NYC does not allow for much space to store a wedding dress, so I sold mine and put those funds (plus some others) into these earrings. They are the most comfy, 24/7 earrings and I wear them nearly everyday.

I started looking for WF baby bezel earrings, but realized I pretty much only wear hoops or dangly earrings. I did not think it would be possible to get either of those on my modest budget. These earrings would not have been possible without countless emails to Sheerah, a tip from her to stick with .25 ct H&A melee instead of ACA diamonds, and a discount that helped to bridge the gap between my budget and the cost. So, these are my special bling. Special because they illustrate some of the best qualities of PS members and vendors, special because they were purchased with my wedding dress, special because they were my first bling purchase, and special because they are pretty and practical.

If I ever manage to upgrade these or to get diamond hoops, these will stay in the family and go to my mom who loves them as well. if I ever have a daughter I hope to pass them along to her.

_35737.jpg

Resonance.Of.Life

Brilliant_Rock
My special bling would be the Jewels by Grace rose gold bangle I won at the JCK GTG in June 2014. It's special because I made many good PS friends that year and the bangle even made an appearance in a fellow PSer's wedding as her something borrowed :) It is my favorite piece of bling and it reminds me of many good memories that were made that year.

photogrid_1401612682540.jpg

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Bella I remember when you got those earrings! :love: It was right after my birthday and a couple of months before my own wedding, and I LOVED the way they came out - and was thinking of doing awfully similar :bigsmile:

What a generous giveaway, thank you PS!!

I feel very lucky to have many pieces that I consider special :)) In the Christmas spirit I'll choose my baby chrome diopside studs.

DH and I met in my last year of college. Well, actually, we met in my third year of college, and I wanted nothing to do with him... but it was, as he often states assuredly, inevitable that he won me over within a few months :bigsmile:

He'd moved to California for grad school and I was finishing up my undergrad on the other side of the country; he came East once a month or so. The first time I went to see him I was greeted at the airport with a bear in a wedding dress and these stuck in its ears ::)

1-Bear%20JPEG.jpg

2-CDStuds%20JPEG.jpg

4-CDStuds%20JPEG.jpg

december-fire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Takemetothepub said:
This is my special diamond.

Its a 0.9ct, F, VS1, Ideal cut, Ex Polish, Ex Symmetry, no fluorescence.

Why is it special?

1st, it's the first diamond I've ever bought and I spent a long time researching and making sure I got the best I could with the funds available to me.

2nd, my girlfriend doesn't know I have it in my possession yet and will be her gift on Christmas morning when I can stop calling her my girlfriend and start calling her my fiancee :love:

I love reading all these wonderful posts!

Takemetothepub,
Congratulations on your upcoming engagement! You've selected a beautiful ring with which to propose! :appl:

Mayk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My Imogen Band by Erika Winters, now paired with my Viola to create my EW short stack. My DH bought the Imogen for me after surgery for Breast Cancer. This year has been a roller coaster ride but shiny objects help make the bumps a little easier. I told him it could be for Christmas too but I noticed a few extra packages under the tree. :Up_to_something: :naughty:

_35738.jpg

yasssss

Shiny_Rock
Thank you Pricescope!

My "special" bling....

my beautiful engagement ring! In our culture, jewelry is very important- I have soo much gold jewelry that I have received on every special occasion since my birth! I especially received a lot of jewelry during my wedding, but my engagement ring is so special because it is the first piece of fine jewelry I was able to pick myself! Every last detail! Plus, it obviously commemorates the most "special" relationship in my life :love:

20140527_174817.jpg

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My upgraded e-ring set by Victor Canera is the most meaningful piece of jewelry I own. I love it and stare at it every day. It reminds me to take risks in life and to have the courage to go after what I want. I had been married for 15 years, had two kids and worked full time the whole time. I never wore any jewelry other than a plain platinum band. All my earnings went into the family pot. It never occurred to me to spend money on myself. Then my DH got me a Tiffany soleste with an aquamarine for our 15th, and that blew the gates wide open. I realized I had always admired and envied women with gorgeous diamond e-rings but never thought I deserved to have one.

Anyway, the hunt was on. When I bought this beautiful stone, I think I was a little possessed. I didn't really discuss it with my DH. I just spent the money and told him to basically "figure it out". You could say I had a Britney Spears Shaving her head moment. After a couple of years and several missteps, I found the courage to take a risk and splurge on an expensive setting by an artist with whose aesthetic I connected. I went to LA to meet Victor Canera, who I of course learned about via Pricescope. He is a lovely person that has integrity and is committed to his craft. I knew I could trust him and thus left my treasured stone and walked away with a post it with his scribbles on it. When I received this completed ring, I was flabbergasted. Never had my diamond looked this beautiful.

It's been a long personal journey. I know it's only jewelry but it reminds me to make myself a priority in my own life, to live life and take risks.

_1171.jpeg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results