shape
carat
color
clarity

New earrings!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/1/2005 7:16:47 PM
Author: Maxine

How do they feel? My baskets sometimes ''sag,'' at least on one ear....do you like the martini''s better????

36.gif
I think whether or not diamonds "sag" on the ear is a function of 2 things....the heaviness of the piece and the angle at which the ear was pierced.

When mine were pierced, I was a COMPLETE baby. They had all the time in the world to properly position my right-ear piercing....but BAM, they fired the gun thing and I had a hissy. (I was 8).

Needless to say, they are lucky they were able to pierce the left at all....and consequently, the angle was a bit different than on the first.

I honestly have found that the martini settings don''t show it as noticeably......and they make the diamonds look bigger. I really prefer them....all you see is stone, and it looks like they are floating on the ear. Lastly, they also sit lower against the ear, so you can go with larger stones without having doorknockers protruding off the ears.
9.gif

pqcollectibles

Ideal_Rock
Congrats, ALJD!!
36.gif

Gorgeous!! Simply Gorgeous!!
30.gif
18.gif
30.gif

After the pendant, is a bracelet on the "To Do" list??!!
31.gif

Maxine

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 6/1/2005 8:53:54 PM
Author: Dancing Fire
I don''t know,my ears aren''t pierce or else i''ll try them on and let you know.
2.gif

Ha HA, DF!!!!!!!
2.gif
9.gif

ALjdewey knew what I meant!! But if you DO try them, please show us pics!!!!

Meanwhile, they are beautiful!!!!!

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/2/2005 12:25:38 AM
Author: pqcollectibles

After the pendant, is a bracelet on the 'To Do' list??!!
31.gif

(in a small, guilty voice)......uh.....yes? At some point.

Ok, I WANT ONE OF THEM TOO!

It's ALL NOOBIE's fault! We need to kick him off here......his purchases just cause WAY too much trouble! Makes me want them all!

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 6/2/2005 10:55:14 AM
Author: aljdewey

It''s ALL NOOBIE''s fault! We need to kick him off here......his purchases just cause WAY too much trouble! Makes me want them all!
I concur. And all those dastardly folks to start the "show me your ___" threads. That''s where I got the notion that I needed a diamond tennis bracelet. I forget who I blamed for the compulsion to buy my Whiteflash ES studs but whoever it was, shame on you!

bluedawg

Shiny_Rock
Congrats on your new earrings. I''m sure they are just beautiful in person. Sounds like the whole process was fun and smooth, too.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Don''t be silly Al..I would never bump you off for your EARRINGS!!!
31.gif
I''m holding out for the 3 stone ring!
9.gif

NoonersMom

Shiny_Rock
Alj.....They are beautiful!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
I love the martini settings. LOL...Glad to hear they don''t look like knockers. Way to go Wink & WF for being so flexible...both in terms of payment & working together to create a great set of earrings!

I think that will be my next project....earrings. Although SO doesn''t know it yet. hehe.

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/2/2005 2:46:46 PM
Author: NoonersMom
Alj.....They are beautiful!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
I love the martini settings. LOL...Glad to hear they don''t look like knockers. Way to go Wink & WF for being so flexible...both in terms of payment & working together to create a great set of earrings!

I think that will be my next project....earrings. Although SO doesn''t know it yet. hehe.
Hehehe - and my next project is a halo pendant....which is why I was SOOOO interested in your recent acquisiiton!

Isn''t it sick how we all feed into each other''s addictions??!! Again, I think we should all just blame NOOBIE!

(kidding - we love ya, noob.)

fire&ice

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/2/2005 3:10:54 PM

Isn''t it sick how we all feed into each other''s addictions??!! Again, I think we should all just blame NOOBIE!

I really need to get my ears pierced.
11.gif

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
HAHHAHA- I woulda thought you already did. All hoochie-mamas do, yanno!
11.gif
11.gif
LMAO

Kidding aside, I think you SHOULD. It''s really painless, and nothing says girlie more than a nice pair of diamond studs.
9.gif
21.gif

NoonersMom

Shiny_Rock
LOL...that works for me. Yes, PS is a obsession/addition breeding ground! I melted over that WF braclet....Noobie, I tell you, I hope my SO learns by osmosis from you someday! hehe.

I''ll let you know what I think of the ring once I see the finished product. We''re going to NYC this week-end & he splurged for the Waldorf (I believe). It''s completely out of his character as he''s very practical. So who knows....I hope to show pictures after this week-end! hehe.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
That''s right F&I...Jlim wants you to get a big pair of diamond studs. D IF of course.
11.gif

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 6/2/2005 3:32:10 PM
HAHHAHA- I woulda thought you already did. All hoochie-mamas do, yanno!
11.gif
11.gif
LMAO

Kidding aside, I think you SHOULD. It's really painless, and nothing says girlie more than a nice pair of diamond studs.
9.gif
21.gif

Go for it!!!

Deb :)

PS-I went to the dermatologist. She did it the same way they do it at jewelry stores in a mall-with a punch-but I felt safer :). It is LITERALLY instantaneous and the earrings she punches in stay in, needing no care, for a few weeks while you feel amazed that now *YOU* have pierced ears, too!

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
...and congratulations, Al. The stones in your new earrings are very similar to the stones in the pair of mine that I actually *wear*. I very much envy you the martini settings, however, (now that I finally know what those *are*!!!). I *hate* stud earrings that hang from my earlobes. The martini settings are a brilliant idea!

Deb :)

icekid

Ideal_Rock
they look great alj! hmmmmm, my next project after the e-ring...
11.gif
my bf is soooooo sorry that i ever found this website hehe

hoorray

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/2/2005 3:26:10 PM
Author: fire&ice

11.gif
Haven''t I been saying that for a while now!?!
9.gif

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 6/2/2005 3:26:10 PM
Author: fire&ice

11.gif
yeah.....if F&I do it then, i''ll do it.
31.gif
J/K

Rhino

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Date: 6/2/2005 1:17:23 PM
Author: Mara
31.gif
9.gif
LOL... you never cease to crack me up Mara.

Al!!! Congrats girl!!! I think the size looks good on you too. Enjoy!

pqcollectibles

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/2/2005 1:17:23 PM
Author: Mara
31.gif
9.gif
Thumb wrestle you for it!!
31.gif
31.gif

yeewl

Shiny_Rock
Hello,
Saw the 2 stones that you had chosen as a pair of earring.

It''s not easy to come by two stones that are closely matched in terms of cut, color and clarity...It''s looks so beautiful on you when you are wearing them. A perfect size.

may i ask how much did you spend on them plus setting?

Regards.

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock

Date:
6/3/2005 1:54:08 AM
Author: yeewl

may i ask how much did you spend on them plus setting?
Sure, you can ask. I won''t answer the question directly....but I will provide some information.

The price stats here can give you a fairly good idea of how much my stones run. One is a .55 J, SI1; the other is a .57 J, SI2 with strong blue fluor.

Most of the standard vendors can provide comparable WG martini settings in the $100-125 range.

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
Here are the specs, by the way.....forgot I hadn't posted them!

0.55, J, SI1 0.57, J, SI2
Depth: 60.3 61.5
Table: 55 56
Crown Angle: 34.8 34.9
Crown %: 15.4 15.3
Pavilion Angle: 40.9 40.8
Pavilion %: 43.2 43.0
Girdle: 0.9-1.3%, faceted 0.9-1.7, faceted
Polish: EX VG
Symmetry: EX EX
Culet: None None
Fluorescence: No Strong Blue
Measurements: 5.36-5.39X3.24 5.34-5.36x3.29

NoonersMom

Shiny_Rock
Alj.....WOW...talk about well matched specs!!! Great eye!

noobie

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 6/2/2005 2:46:46 PM

Hee hee al, That''s OK, I just blame PQ for the pendant idea and of course Jennifer for everything else.
9.gif

Although I am on a hiatus for a while. My wife added up the carats purchased in the in the last year or so and it was something like 16 or 17 and I went really
23.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results