shape
carat
color
clarity

I finally set my concave cut garnet!

ECUTwinMama

Rough_Rock
I posted ages ago (it felt like ages, I kept this stone loose so long) looking for some direction on how to set a unique concave cut garnet that I purchased. I have *finally* set it and I AM IN LOVE!

image_200.jpg

image_201.jpg

image_202.jpg

image_203.jpg

image_204.jpg

image_206.jpg

It's definitely a "statement" right hand ring, but I adore everything about it!

And let's all pretend I have hands and nails worthy of great rings! :shifty:

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow! Such a great setting for your stone :love: I love the combination! May I ask who the vendor is? They did a great job with such a unique stone. Enjoy it!

ECUTwinMama

Rough_Rock
I found the garnet in a small jewelry store in Wilmington, NC (TS Brown Jeweler). He never gave me much info on the origin of the stone- and I pushed hard! Mine was the only one that has this rose undertone- we spread out his entire inventory to look for a comparable one to surprise my sister with.

I would love to know more about his source so I can run down more unique sparklers if anybody has any clue!

Edit: Any the mounting is yet another ebay find. I cannot believe what a complimentary setting it is! I worked with my local guy through several sketches and we just never gelled on anything worth taking further. When I brought him the specs on this mounting, he told me to jump!

Rockinruby

Ideal_Rock
Wow! I can't believe how complimentary the stone & setting are! :clap: What a great eBay find! :appl: Your new ring is beautiful! I really like the profile too. Congrats! :appl:

ECUTwinMama

Rough_Rock
Okay, okay, last one. I'm sitting here with only two lamps on and this garnet is still winking at me!

image_207.jpg

freezing_in_MO

Shiny_Rock
The setting and stone are perfectly matched. I never would have guessed that it is anything but custom.

More pictures please!

Sphene

Brilliant_Rock
wow what a perfect match stone and setting you have quite an eye for design :love:

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, so gorgeous and fitting!

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a stunning stone and setting :love: :love: :roll:
The setting you have chosen is such a beautiful match with the stone.
Enjoy wearing your ring :wavey:

digdeep

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
You have a GORGEOUS ring! :appl: :love: :appl: You did a great job!

indigoblue

Shiny_Rock
You were so lucky to find a setting that complements your stone perfectly. What are the odds of that?? Lovely!!!

iluvshinythings

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
It's spectacular! That color is yummy and the setting is beautiful and makes quite a statement.

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thats a beautiful combination! :love:

Ariadne_Theia

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Wow! That ring is gorgeous! The setting and stone match so perfectly, I can't believe you didn't have them custom made like that.

eastjavaman

Shiny_Rock
Too bad, we cant concave cut the nails :appl:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful stone and setting. :love: Looks amazing on your hand!

ECUTwinMama

Rough_Rock
I laughed so hard, I snorted. There's no helping these beat up hands! Ha ha!

_lovesvintage_

Brilliant_Rock
Wow! I love how this came together for you. Beautiful!!! :love:

ECUTwinMama

Rough_Rock
Thanks, y'all! I've dressed around my ring every day this week. :D I'm just thrilled with how it turned out and I'm so glad I was patient with my mounting hunt. What I arrived at was a huge departure from the styles my jeweler and I were working on- I guess this one was just meant to be as it turned out!

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lovely stone and setting, thanks for sharing! :love:

DK :))

lilmosun

Ideal_Rock
Premium
What an incredible combination :love: .....you must've felt like the jackpot when you found such a perfect setting for such a unique beautifully cut stone!

nojs

Shiny_Rock
Wow, such a unique ring, very nice! I would stare at it all the time :) Would you mind sharing the name of the eBay vendor or was it a private seller? Enjoy your ring!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results