shape
carat
color
clarity

40th Birthday/10 Year Anniversary Gift for Husband??

mns12

Shiny_Rock
Hello,
My husband is turning 40 soon and our 10 year is in June. I would like to get him something more special than the typical bday gifts I get him. Kind of stumped as he is low maintenance (lucky me) while I can be a "tad" high maintenance (not so lucky him) LOL. Last year I lost my ER and WB and hubby allowed me to upgrade the stone and pick a setting of my choice for my upcoming 40th and our 10 year. I got him a Baume & Mercier watch after we were engaged and a couple years ago a sporty Movado watch for xmas. Other then a watch and a small, gold cross necklace he has worn since he was a teenager he doesn't wear any other jewelery. He enjoys golf but unfortunately b/w work and 3 small children there isn't too much time for that.

Any suggestions??
We are going to Bermuda this summer as a celebration of our 10 year and bday milestone.

momhappy

Ideal_Rock
What about some sort of experience? For example, for guys who are into fast cars, they have race car driving experiences. Or what about some sort of classes, lessons, etc. (that relates to a hobby of his)?
Is there some sort of excursion or something that you could set up for him while you are in Bermuda?

NOYFB

Ideal_Rock
I'm taking my DH to Maui in November for his 40th. You mean I have to get him another gift on top of the trip? I figured the trip WAS the gift. :lol: :lol:

mns12

Shiny_Rock
momhappy|1428597333|3859318 said:
What about some sort of experience? For example, for guys who are into fast cars, they have race car driving experiences. Or what about some sort of classes, lessons, etc. (that relates to a hobby of his)?
Is there some sort of excursion or something that you could set up for him while you are in Bermuda?

I did get him golf lessons for his bday one year. I'll have to look into possibilities in Bermuda.

mns12

Shiny_Rock
Lil Misfit|1428600578|3859337 said:
I'm taking my DH to Maui in November for his 40th. You mean I have to get him another gift on top of the trip? I figured the trip WAS the gift. :lol: :lol:

Awesome gift! We'll since we are both turning 40 this year and it's our 10-year I don't think I can pass off the Bermuda trip as just for him:)

momhappy

Ideal_Rock
Maui and Bermuda?!?! I'm jealous of you ladies!!!! They both sound like fabulous trips - I've never been to either place. And yes, Lil Misfit, a trip to Maui is certainly a gift all by itself!!!! :D

hay joe

Shiny_Rock
A solo parachute jump. One four hour class and one plane ride up 4,000 feet or so. He'll scoot himself towards the open door, look down and push himself out. He will have created a memory that will last a life time. The gift he will never forget. Shoot! You both could do it!

NOYFB

Ideal_Rock
hay joe|1428626327|3859561 said:
A solo parachute jump. One four hour class and one plane ride up 4,000 feet or so. He'll scoot himself towards the open door, look down and push himself out. He will have created a memory that will last a life time. The gift he will never forget. Shoot! You both could do it!

As much as I think I want to do this before I die I'm so afraid that I'd sh!t my pants and/or have a heart attack that I don't think it will ever happen. LOL

But hey, OP, if your DH is up for it I think it would be a great gift!

mns12

Shiny_Rock
Lil Misfit|1428626901|3859566 said:

As much as I think I want to do this before I die I'm so afraid that I'd sh!t my pants and/or have a heart attack that I don't think it will ever happen. LOL

LMAO!!
+10

partgypsy

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lil Misfit|1428626901|3859566 said:

Yes! If you have a heart attack or s*t in your pants you def won't forget that! :lol:
Many many more experiences I'd rather have than jumping out an airplane. No thanks! I couldn't even live watch the tv airing of the guy who jumped out of the tallest balloon jump, was so sure he was going to die.

SapphireStyle

Shiny_Rock
For our recent 10th Anniversary I had a gold dog tag made for the chain my husband always wears. On one side I had it engraved with the date he proposed, the date we married, the date our twins were born and the 10th Anni date. On the back I had it engraved with "Our Adventure Continues". He hasn't taken it off since I gave it to him. Other than watches, he's not a big jewellery person either, but the sentimentality got him.

ccuheartnurse

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Hi There,

There are some nice beaded aka spiritual bead bracelets , also there are some good companies i.e.: FIbo that makes some nice Italian stainless steel products, as well of course as the more well known David Yurman or Scott Kay (makes both beaded & sterling silver) around for men now. I just bought a blue beaded Apatite one that was received very well.

All the best...Congratulations ahead for all the festivities. :clap:

CRYSTAL24K

Brilliant_Rock
SapphireStyle|1428956565|3861411 said:
For our recent 10th Anniversary I had a gold dog tag made for the chain my husband always wears. On one side I had it engraved with the date he proposed, the date we married, the date our twins were born and the 10th Anni date. On the back I had it engraved with "Our Adventure Continues". He hasn't taken it off since I gave it to him. Other than watches, he's not a big jewellery person either, but the sentimentality got him.

I love this idea!

Rose21

Rough_Rock
I can give you a very lovely idea. Make a "scrap book" for your husband. Fill it with memories of your photos, wishes, etc.
Me and my husband also celebrated our anniversary last month. He presented me a beautiful card with our first clicked pic. I was surprised by seeing that old pic. I presented him "scrap book". It was really awesome moment of our life. I take help from http://www.pureessencegreetings.co.uk/personalised-wedding-anniversary-gifts/personalised-gifts-for-couples
You can also take help online for anniversary ideas.

Q

Queenie60

Since he's a golfer I would set up a few rounds of golf at the nicest courses while on your trip. My husband is a golfer and that's the best gift I could give to him! Congratulations on your 10th anniversary.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
mns12|1428597076|3859316 said:
Hello,
My husband is turning 40 soon and our 10 year is in June. I would like to get him something more special than the typical bday gifts I get him. Kind of stumped as he is low maintenance (lucky me) while I can be a "tad" high maintenance (not so lucky him) LOL. Last year I lost my ER and WB and hubby allowed me to upgrade the stone and pick a setting of my choice for my upcoming 40th and our 10 year. I got him a Baume & Mercier watch after we were engaged and a couple years ago a sporty Movado watch for xmas. Other then a watch and a small, gold cross necklace he has worn since he was a teenager he doesn't wear any other jewelery. He enjoys golf but unfortunately b/w work and 3 small children there isn't too much time for that.

Any suggestions??
We are going to Bermuda this summer as a celebration of our 10 year and bday milestone.

You should give him a fine half-carat asscher or emerald cut Fancy Intense Yellow FCD in a tension setting.

azstonie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
SapphireStyle|1428956565|3861411 said:

You *do* have style, great gift :appl:

telephone89

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This birthday/anni passed in June. Bumping old threads

tuffyluvr

Brilliant_Rock
Do you have scuba certifications? Would that be something you would be interested in doing? DH and I got scuba certified and bought some gear as our Xmas gift. It's become a really fun hobby we can enjoy together. I know it's not for everyone, but it could be really fun for your anniversary trip!

tuffyluvr

Brilliant_Rock
Omg. Just realized the dates on this thread!!! [emoji15]

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results