shape
carat
color
clarity

Vacation Cleaning Question

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

AChiOAlumna

Brilliant_Rock
Hi everyone! From everyone''s posts, it''s easy to see that we are cleaning fanatics to keep our "*BLING** super sparkly so I have a question....

I tend to clean my rings every 2 or 3 days. i''m going on a 3 week vacation in August and won''t be able to pack away my steamer (LOL!!) so I''m wondering what would be a good alternate that would be easy to access or pack? What have some of you used??

Thanks in advance!!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Sparkle Sparkle!

Or barring that, Windex...I keep it in a small jar with the tiny brush when I travel, but now that I use SS, I just pack the spray bottle and even if I forget the brush, I can at least spray onto the diamond and then let it sit for a while.

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
i second that. you can buy a small travel size spray bottle for the windex......very handy!
2.gif

AChiOAlumna

Brilliant_Rock
I forgot all about SS...I''ll have to look into that one!!

As for the Windex, what about a brush?? What would you use?

Thanks so much for these suggestions!!

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
a wee baby toothbrush
2.gif
soo small and soft...very diamond cleaning friendly!
2.gif

Momoftwo

Brilliant_Rock
I''ve used shampoo and dishwashing liquid (for hand washing, not dishwashers) before. As long as your shampoo doesnt'' have conditioner in it to leave a film, it cleans really well. Clarifying shampoo works the best.

Libster

Brilliant_Rock
I can relate...I obsess over my jewelry daily and steam quite frequently. I must try the Sparkle Sparkle. What I have been doing is taking the stuff in the red jar that I bought at Target. I can''t remember the name, but it is a gel like substance with a brush included and about the size of a large lipstick case. Works great everytime
35.gif

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/1/2005 7:31:12 AM
Author: Libster
I can relate...I obsess over my jewelry daily and steam quite frequently. I must try the Sparkle Sparkle. What I have been doing is taking the stuff in the red jar that I bought at Target. I can''t remember the name, but it is a gel like substance with a brush included and about the size of a large lipstick case. Works great everytime
35.gif
I used to use that too, Libster....the Connoisseurs gel.

Now, though, I just bring the sparkle sparkle and a baby toothbrush. It works far better than anything else I''ve used, and the ring stays clean. The bottles are small anyway, so perfect travel size for me.

NoonersMom

Shiny_Rock
What is sparkle sparkle? (Hey, no wise cracks about it being a jewelry cleaner...lol). Where can one purchase it? Have you found that it''s the best for cleaning?

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/1/2005 1:31:21 PM
Author: NoonersMom
What is sparkle sparkle? (Hey, no wise cracks about it being a jewelry cleaner...lol). Where can one purchase it? Have you found that it''s the best for cleaning?
i know wf sells it. i haven''t checked to see if nventa has a website.

AChiOAlumna

Brilliant_Rock
I looked it up online last night before I went to bed....the link is at www.sparklesparkle.com

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
I buy mine from WF ... they also do free 2 day shipping and it''s cheaper than on the SS website. A better deal IMO.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Mara,
I didn''t know that, thanks.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock

AChiOAlumna

Brilliant_Rock
Good to know...thanks Mara and mrssalvo! Thanks for the link!

jennyann2

Shiny_Rock
I have SparkleSparkle and this stuff called Brilliant. I actually prefer the Brilliant when I don''t have a brush handy. I don''t remember where I saw some one rave about it first but I found it at this website: www.gtgdiamonds.com

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results