• A. Yes

Votes: 4 14.3%
  • B.No

Votes: 24 85.7%

• Total voters

nala

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love both of these bands, but I prefer more bling. I want to wear them together, but I know I would have to wear a spacer, and I don't like the look. Would it be a good idea to solder these? Open to suggestions.
image_4049.jpg
ETA: The round 5 stone is a 1.2 tcw and the asscher cut band is .75 tcw. I don't mind wearing them separately, but I've been craving a wide diamond band for my right hand.

Rockdiamond

Ideal_Rock
Trade
As a jeweler I vote to solder them. The alternatives will cause damage to the rings

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I would not because I value the versatility of having two separate rings. Of course if you always and only wear them together, then that's a different story.

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
No, I'm not a fan of soldering but unfortunately, you would probably need to wear something between them.

UrsTx

Brilliant_Rock
I voted no and suggest you wear them together with a thin spacer (lots of options on Etsy). Pretty stack!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I would not. I like having my rings separate.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Never!

Rockdiamond

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I totally get why people want to wear the rings separately- my wife loves to stack rings as well.
If that's a given of course, keep them separate.

I use a car analogy- it's like tires- you use your car knowing it's degrading a bit over time.
Metal will wear when it's rubbed against metal far more quickly than if it was worn alone- and for many people that is an acceptable cost/risk.
If someone does solder the rings together, they won't be subject to the friction between them. But they loose versatility.

About the spacers...I've never done a lot of research on them- it looks like they are metal- are there other types?

denverappraiser

Ideal_Rock
Trade
If you wear them together, solder them. The wear from the edge of those rounds is going to waste your prongs on the other ring in a hurry. Then the girdles of the stones are going to start rubbing and you risk damage on both rings.

I don't like the spacers either because they cause complaints from customers for being uncomfortable and, if they're not tight, they screw up the shanks. The plastic ones are a little better in terms of causing damage themselves, but they don't really work very well.

heididdl

Ideal_Rock
never I play around with my stackabbles all the time. You want choices

Sphene

Brilliant_Rock
To me they do not look good enough together to make it permanent :naughty:

cinnamonstick

Brilliant_Rock
Years ago (first setting) one of the best choices I made was to solder two rings together (diamond wedding band and engagement ring). No more flipping and spinning. Drove me nuts. My mother said the same thing with her engagement ring when I asked. I knew I would never, ever ever, wear them apart. No regrets (that setting is long gone). No regrets on that either. Lol :)

With that said, I think I agree with PP. These two rings are beautiful on their own. You may wish to stack them differently in the future. I am voting no, unless there is a million percent zero doubt that you will never wear them appart and they are spinning on ur finger.
GL

cinnamonstick

Brilliant_Rock
BTW- Nice sized diamond bands :) Pretty!

Sphene

Brilliant_Rock
Sphene|1448712451|3954899 said:
To me they do not look good enough together to make it permanent :naughty:

They do look very beautiful individually :love:

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
If you know for sure you will never want to wear them separately, I vote for solder. I have a couple of rings that I want to solder bc of spinning. They are half eternities and I HATE the spinning. The fatter the bands, the less they spin. :). Good luck!

swingirl

Ideal_Rock
All the pros and cons stated are valid. But I don't think the rows of rounds and asschers go well together and the uneven spaces between the different shapes would bother me. Have you considered putting all the stones together in a design that gives you the bling factor you are looking for?

nala

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks for all of your input. I had them soldered and added a plain band in the center. I actually like the way it looks and feels. The rings do not spin and there is no danger when wearing them. Plus the soldering does not have to be permanent. I can separate them if I get tired of the look. I'm reluctant to post a picture BC I realize the comments will not be very positive since by the poll, it seems this look is not to everyone's taste. :wavey:
ETA: my favorite part is how substantial it feels together.

cinnamonstick

Brilliant_Rock
Ultimately need to do what ur gut says :)
Enjoy! :)

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
nala|1448829679|3955343 said:
Thanks for all of your input. I had them soldered and added a plain band in the center. I actually like the way it looks and feels. The rings do not spin and there is no danger when wearing them. Plus the soldering does not have to be permanent. I can separate them if I get tired of the look. I'm reluctant to post a picture BC I realize the comments will not be very positive since by the poll, it seems this look is not to everyone's taste. :wavey:
ETA: my favorite part is how substantial it feels together.

Don't let the votes discourage you! I voted no because I like variety, not because it would be ugly. Please post a photo with the plain band. I bet it's gorgeous!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What April Baby said. I voted no because I like switching bands around. I had my wedding rings soldered together for 22 years before I went with a solitaire and anniversary band. I'd love to see a picture as well.

purplesparklies

Brilliant_Rock
People voted based only on how they wear their rings. Only you can decide what works best for you. My engagement ring, wedding band and a spacer are soldered together and I am much happier with the set since having it done. So much more comfortable when things are staying out and not spinning or rubbing. Enjoy your set!

nala

Ideal_Rock
Premium
marcy said:
What April Baby said. I voted no because I like switching bands around. I had my wedding rings soldered together for 22 years before I went with a solitaire and anniversary band. I'd love to see a picture as well.
Thanks for the encouragement. I will post a few pictures!

image_4060.jpg
image_4061.jpg

purplesparklies

Brilliant_Rock
I think it looks beautiful as a set!

swingirl

Ideal_Rock
I like it with the spacer. Good finger coverage. Enjoy your bling!!

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Nala, I think it looks great with the spacer! Love the blingy look! :dance:

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
swingirl|1448854088|3955485 said:
I like it with the spacer. Good finger coverage. Enjoy your bling!!

Ditto! The middle band makes all the difference!

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Late to this thread, but I think the spacer makes a huge difference in terms of how well they go together. When I started at the top of the thread my instinct was "no! don't solder!", but now seeing the updated pics I think it's a great combo! :appl: Good for you for sticking with your "gut" feeling. Enjoy the blingy stack!

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful! Thanks for posting!!!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results