shape
carat
color
clarity

NEVER admit you don't want children ...

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
I live in NW Iowa. I know of which I speak, DF. We deal w/the fricken polar temps and wind chills every winter. I know what it's like to deal w/forty below zero during winter--not cry b/c it's only forty above zero and it's fuhreeeeezing. Stop. But whatever, don't listen to me, dude. It couldn't possible be that we've messed up the climate of the earth so that it's changing, thereby changing our temps/weather. Nah. It's all the same, everywhere, same's it's always been for millennia, there's no change that's happened, Iowa's been having four seasons since the dinosaurs stomped the earth and this was some random pile of dirt.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dancing Fire|1448930897|3955809 said:
My heating bill is gonna be sky high next month... ;( what global warming?.. :tongue:

Yeah, I guess that's why 195 countries and nearly 150 world leaders are now meeting in Paris to confront the facts of climate change and what to do about it.
But I'm sure the cons will fight any solutions so they can keep their investments secure. :blackeye:
Priorities, you know.

Climate change is not just it being warmer everywhere always, but I'm not sure whether Faux News spoon feeds this, because you might change the channel.

I don't have kids, so I guess I'm bending over backwards to minimize my carbon footprint for your kids DF ...

Ah, never mind.
Climate change won't affect republicans because ... science is just one opinion and all opinions are equal now. :roll:

screen_shot_2015-11-30_at_5.png

katharath

Ideal_Rock
kenny|1448931974|3955812 said:
Dancing Fire|1448930897|3955809 said:
My heating bill is gonna be sky high next month... ;( what global warming?.. :tongue:

Yeah, I guess that's why 195 countries and nearly 150 world leaders are now meeting in Paris to confront the facts of climate change and what to do about it.
But I'm sure the cons will fight any solutions so they can keep their investments secure. :blackeye:
Priorities, you know.

Climate change is not just it being warmer everywhere always, but I'm not sure whether Faux News tells you guys this.

I don't have kids, so I guess I'm bending over backwards to minimize my carbon footprint for your kids DF ...

Ah, never mind.
Climate change won't affect republicans because ... science is just one opinion and all opinions are equal now. :roll:

I've seen big changes in the weather where I live. They've been slow but steady; over the last 15 years they have become extremely noticeable to anyone that's paying attention. And (sadly) I'm not even that big of an "environmentalist" - I'm just stating that to point out that I don't have any reason to ignore or shape the evidence to suit my own views.

It's pretty scary. And the science is OVERWHELMING. Of course, a lot of people think dinosaurs were roaming just a few thousand years ago (if they believe in them at all). These are typically the same people who deny climate change.

december-fire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
random_thought|1448924760|3955765 said:
december- can we get booted for thread jacking? Thanks for the well wishes :))

I don't really think thread-jacking would result in anyone getting the boot. ;-)

But the topic of Climate Change has resulted in a threat from packrat (who seems like a Sweetie to me!) and some banter between Dancing Fire and Kenny.

packrat said:
...And the next time I hear there's no such thing as global warming b/c it's cold outside I'm going to shove a foot up someone's be-hind.
:-o

the_pancrastinae.jpg

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Climate change, YES! cause by humans, NO!

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
bhahahahah is that me giving you the whatfor there DF? Take that! And that! That doesn't really so much look like I'm shoving my foot up your be-hind tho..

and I am sweet, you're totally correct about that.

Just all the pictures posted on FB of people up to their eyeballs in snow and news channel temperature forecasts w/cold temps and captions "Uh huh, so much for global warming!" and "thanks a LOT global warming" and "where's that global warming when you need it?" type stuff make me want to pull my hair out. I just want to scream THAT'S NOT WHAT GLOBAL WARMING MEANS! Why does everyone have to be so stinking literal? Literal DF not liberal. Liberal in their interpretations of what global warming means, possibly.

If I could find a video of Claire Dunphy yelling AHHHHHHH! I would totally insert it b/c that's how I feel. :wall:

momhappy

Ideal_Rock
^Yup, I get it, packrat, and I get sooooooooo sick of people not understanding the true meaning of the term either :wall:

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
momhappy|1448938757|3955855 said:
^Yup, I get it, packrat, and I get sooooooooo sick of people not understanding the true meaning of the term either :wall:

Apparently this one's too complicated for them.

If it doesn't fit on a spoon then it ain't getting in.

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
kenny|1448939216|3955856 said:

make an airplane sound. that usually works.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don't believe anything coming out of Al Gore's mouth... :tongue:

chemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Dancing Fire|1448941322|3955870 said:

Man Bear Pig

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
packrat|1448940873|3955868 said:

Cons are that easy to con? :lol:

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
chemgirl|1448945301|3955877 said:

Man Bear Pig

HAHA I was going to post that earlier! :appl:
Excelsior!

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
kenny|1448946559|3955887 said:
packrat|1448940873|3955868 said:

Cons are that easy to con? :lol:

Worth a shot anyway!

ksinger

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Rhea

Ideal_Rock
Premium
momhappy|1448925602|3955773 said:
I would hope that most of us know that there are just certain things you don't ask - like "when's the baby due?" for example - I won't even ask that if a women looks like she's about to give birth any moment....

This is such a hard one! You're not supposed to ask or assume, but yet we're supposed to give up to pregnant women on the subway. I've had offering my seat to a woman I thought was pregnant bite me in the ass once. Now I'm just rude and stay seated. No way am I doing that again.

random_thought

Brilliant_Rock
packrat|1448980079|3955980 said:
chemgirl|1448945301|3955877 said:

Man Bear Pig

HAHA I was going to post that earlier! :appl:
Excelsior!

Bahhaha! This made my day :bigsmile:

456e3cfa95555b319f54f6c8a46318b4.jpg

smitcompton

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi,

DF, I think you are an intelligent man. It is not the outside temperature that should be your gauge to decide on the truth of global warming. It has to do with the currents under the ocean. Those currents are what effects our weather. I know you have heard of El Nino and El Nina which hit your coast often. They bring with them all sorts of stormy or unusual weather. The temperature of those currents can bring another ice age or cause melting of the ice caps in the Arctic, which is already happening. Once the temperature of those currents changes past a certain point, we humans will no longer be able to stop the change. We know the causes of these changes, but it must be a worldwide effort to reverse the changes that have occurred.

I'm going to take a softer view of people who ask supposedly rude questions about having children. The large majority of people do want kids, and I don't think its awfully rude to ask if or when they plan to start a family. What I think is rude is when the same people ask that question over and over. Like mothers. If someone says they don't want kids that should be the end of it.

I have made the mistake of asking when a person was due and she said she wasn't pregnant. I looked embarrassed, which I was, but she was good natured and said, "Oh, I get that all the time". She had a lot of belly fat.

I think the not having children as a choice has become more usual than it was in decades past. People are making their choices known. I think its a good thing. Other women or men will feel more secure in making that choice.

Don't be too sensitive. The only one to be sensitive for is a woman who would like children but is unable to have them.

Annette

Sky56

Brilliant_Rock
Yes, true..."People vary," as kenny says, and the sooner people digest that sage, simple piece of information, the better we'd all get along.

As for global warming, take time to read scientific articles about it. I believe it is happening and in a quite accelerated manner.

I've traveled a lot this past year. This is just anecdotal, but I saw a lot of flooding in the coastal streets of Cartagena, Columbia and glacial melting in Alaska. Polar bears and walruses are currently being displaced by the melt.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
smitcompton|1448992338|3956038 said:
Hi,

DF, I think you are an intelligent man. It is not the outside temperature that should be your gauge to decide on the truth of global warming. It has to do with the currents under the ocean. Those currents are what effects our weather. I know you have heard of El Nino and El Nina which hit your coast often. They bring with them all sorts of stormy or unusual weather. The temperature of those currents can bring another ice age or cause melting of the ice caps in the Arctic, which is already happening. Once the temperature of those currents changes past a certain point, we humans will no longer be able to stop the change. We know the causes of these changes, but it must be a worldwide effort to reverse the changes that have occurred.

Annette
If the liberals think they can control the climate then tell them to bring some rain to Ca. Mother Nature will do what she wants to do. There will always be floods and droughts somewhere on our planet.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
kenny|1448904839|3955631 said:
We first-worlders have carbon footprints much higher than world average.
When we think of overpopulation we think of places like China and India ...
But not many of them are living in 5000 sq ft homes and driving CO2-belching SUVs.
Nor do many have FCD collections. :oops:
Kenny , If we have it your way then there will not be any human left on earth within the next 100 yrs, so why worry about climate change? lunch time!

december-fire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Perhaps this thread should be renamed 'NEVER admit you don't believe in climate change'. :lol:

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dancing Fire|1449000154|3956083 said:
But not many of them are living in 5000 sq ft homes and driving CO2-belching SUVs.
Kenny , If we have it your way then there will not be any human left on earth within the next 100 yrs, so why worry about climate change? lunch time!

Yes, you're right.
I'm advocating for the end of the human race.

:roll:

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
kenny|1449001729|3956098 said:
Dancing Fire|1449000154|3956083 said:

Yes, you're right.
I'm advocating for the end of the human race.

:roll:
Sure sound like it.. :bigsmile:

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
I'm under the impression Kenny is advocating for paying attention to what we're doing to the earth. We live on this planet and far as I know it's the only one we've got. For whatever reason we seem to have this idea in our (numb)skulls that we are IT and that means we have domain over the planet in every way shape and form, therefore we are completely entitled to treating it however we darn well please. Respect is *really* hard for humans. Seriously and tremendously, hard. We are so insanely arrogant about our importance and place here. We're the worst things that've ever happened to this planet.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
packrat|1449025061|3956261 said:
I'm under the impression Kenny is advocating for paying attention to what we're doing to the earth.

Not just Kenny, anyone with eyes that see and ears that hear.

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
nitpicker

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

screen_shot_2015-12-01_at_0.png

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Awww. :love: Nothing beats a mother's love for her child. That is precious.

_774.png

Paz

Rough_Rock
missy|1449061648|3956380 said:
Awww. :love: Nothing beats a mother's love for her child. That is precious.

That's really offensive to post in this thread. Not everyone can/wants to be a mother. Seriously?! :wall: :rolleyes: :nono:

ROTFL!!! :lol: :tongue: :mrgreen: Sorry, I couldn't help myself. :devil:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results