shape
carat
color
clarity

The PP Vietnamese Pearl Sale

BWeaves

Shiny_Rock
OOOO, Lookie what I got today! Hisano sent me the most gorgeous dark blue strand of 6-7 mm Vietnamese akoyas. I'll give you a neck shot tomorrow.

Here they are next to my regular 10 mm baroque blue akoyas, my 9 mm Vietnamese baroque blue akoyas and The Swan (cause it's also bluish). The photo came out very pink. The background is actually grey. The blue doesn't show up very well in any of the pearls, but I think it was my camera or the light temperature. They are actually all very blue.

img_0319.jpg

Hisano's original photo shows the color better. It's the bottom two strands:

VQN-9.jpg

Hisano combined two strands to make an opera length rope for me. One of the original strands was darker and shinier, and one was a bit lighter, but they blended beautifully together. And I requested an orbit clasp because I'm just tired of fiddling with small clasps, and I want to be able to get my pearls on and off quickly and easily. Plus, I really like the look of the orbit clasp.

Tucs

Brilliant_Rock
Beautiful, BWeaves! Now we need natural light shots, and neck shots :)

pinkjewel

Ideal_Rock
beautiful- I'll look forward to more photos!!!! And LOVE the orbit clasp with them, too!!!

Mine were supposed to arrive yesterday, too. All day it said they were "out for delivery". But they never came :errrr:
This morning I checked tracking and it said "they were undeliverable as addressed" and would be "returned to the sender, IF POSSIBLE"!!!!!!!!! :(( After rechecking my order the address was correct- and they made it to my Post Office. I'm worried the PO carrier has either kept them or lost them... :cry: They didn't even get to our house until 8:30pm last night. Only reason I know is I was tracking another package, too. I did receive that one.

BWeaves

Shiny_Rock
Pinkjewel: That happened to me recently, too, with a different order, but they arrived the next day as if nothing had gone amiss. Fingers crossed. Mine were supposed to have arrived Saturday according to the post office but they didn't come until late Monday. The website said "Out for delivery" for several days, when they really weren't.

pinkjewel

Ideal_Rock
Unfortunately, I have called USPS and the label is damaged, so the full address is not readable. They would not handle it from there, but told me to contact the local PO. I am trying to get in touch with them to get them to hold the package and I'll pick it up but they won't answer the phone. Off to visit them in person in a few minutes.

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
pinkjewel|1448978218|3955969 said:
Unfortunately, I have called USPS and the label is damaged, so the full address is not readable. They would not handle it from there, but told me to contact the local PO. I am trying to get in touch with them to get them to hold the package and I'll pick it up but they won't answer the phone. Off to visit them in person in a few minutes.

Oh no! Good luck and hope you get the package!

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
BWeaves|1448932846|3955816 said:
OOOO, Lookie what I got today! Hisano sent me the most gorgeous dark blue strand of 6-7 mm Vietnamese akoyas. I'll give you a neck shot tomorrow.

Waiting!

BWeaves

Shiny_Rock
icy_jade|1448978696|3955971 said:
BWeaves|1448932846|3955816 said:

Waiting!

Impatient little pearl, aren't you?

I'm wearing them, but I'm still waiting for good light. It's raining outside and I wasn't able to get good photos outside, and my indoor lighting sucks. Besides, I can't upload photos until I get home from work.

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
pinkjewel|1448978218|3955969 said:
That happened to me recently when I was shipping a strand of pearls. The label could be damaged, but it seems that this is also what they code at the end of the day and they don't have time to deliver it. In my case, the package was safely delivered two days later.

BWeaves

Shiny_Rock
Oh, yeah. My Post Office said "Damaged Label / Unreadable address," too, but when the package finally arrived, there was nothing wrong with the label.

pinkjewel

Ideal_Rock
thanks everyone!! I went to the Post Office and after they searched for 20 minutes they found my package- label intact. :rolleyes: They said it was a temp Postal delivery person yesterday and I guess he/she can't read-lol. What was kind of funny is a lady in line behind me stood in line for about 25 minutes to see a supervisor because she wanted to complain about her Postal Delivery person who had made numerous errors, and yup- you guessed it- same delivery person as me!

So, I have opened the box and it is a grey and dismal day here, so I will wait to look at them more tomorrow although not sure the weather will be better then, but my first impression is they are not bowling me over. Since that was my first impression with my larger Vietnamese blues and I now love those, I will wait a few days to see whether I will keep them or send them back. Pictures will need to wait until I have better light.

BWeaves

Shiny_Rock
Pinkjewel: I'm glad the package finally arrived safely.

What size did you get? The 5-6 mm or the 6-7 mm?

I got the 6-7 mm.

pinkjewel

Ideal_Rock
5-6mm

BWeaves

Shiny_Rock
And here's my new blue Vietnamese akoyas. 6-7 mm. I decided to throw on my natural white Hanadama 8 mm akoyas, and my very first pearl necklace of 5-6 mm pinked white akoyas from 1982, just as a comparison. I liked how they nested, so I left them on. I don't really think they go together, but I liked the feel of all the ropes bouncing over my boobs when I walked.

img_0339.jpg

Look at the color on those blues. I love it. I think I can tell which pearls came from which 18" strand, since one strand was dark and shiny and the other was lighter and not quite as shiny.

img_0327.jpg

Also, the necklaces didn't nestle in my cleavage like that in real life. The cleavage look was caused by how I held my arms when I was taking the selfies.

img_0345.jpg

I didn't think it was really fair to have my old akoya strand in there. It comes off looking like a poor 3rd cousin. However, I've grown to appreciate how well matched the pearls are, even if the orient cannot compare to the Hanadamas or the Blues. I don't think I realized at the time what a good strand of pearls I got back in 1982. My parents owned a small Mom and Pop department store, and my mother picked them up for me at a jewelry show. I was disappointed that they were so small, but I've worn them to death and they still look great when they're not sitting next to a strand of Hanadamas.

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
They are so blue and gorgeous! :appl:

Tucs

Brilliant_Rock
pinkjewel, that sucks about the post service. Glad you ended up finding your package! Weird things happen with the mail some times. Looking forward to seeing photos of your new Vietnamese pearls.

mtsapphirelovingannie

Shiny_Rock
Premium
BWeaves, I love your new blue akoya necklace! It looks like it is very blue! :love:

Bailey1856

Shiny_Rock
Mine arrived today and although very small (5-6mm) they are are crazy shiny, like little silver ball bearings :love: . I have 8 left and will make into tin cup layered with the strand. Will post pictures soon

20151203_120335.jpg

BWeaves

Shiny_Rock
Bailey, those are gorgeous. Please post neck shots.

mtsapphirelovingannie

Shiny_Rock
Premium
The blue rope and multi rope I ordered came tonight. The blue is 5-6 mm baroque and it is a near identical match in color to the silver-blue akoya necklace I own. I am disappointed that the color isn't as blue or intense as I hoped.

It is great to have a rope that is light weight! The multi is a nice color mix.

img_10002.jpg

BWeaves

Shiny_Rock
I love your photo and think your strands are Gorgeous.
On the plus side, it's a good match to your other strand, so you can wear them together easily.

mtsapphirelovingannie

Shiny_Rock
Premium
BWeaves|1449247063|3957444 said:
I love your photo and think your strands are Gorgeous.
On the plus side, it's a good match to your other strand, so you can wear them together easily.

Very true.

I am loving the smaller pearls. :love: I love the options the rope offers. I also like being able to look and play with my pearls while wearing them.

I think that a single shorter strand of pearls this small won't look good on me because of my age and size. However, I can double or triple them up when not wearing them long and they look very good. Whether long or shorter, the smaller pearls seem more casual to me which fits into my office attire.

BWeaves

Shiny_Rock
mtsapphirelovingannie|1449205299|3957296 said:
The blue rope and multi rope I ordered came tonight. The blue is 5-6 mm baroque and it is a near identical match in color to the silver-blue akoya necklace I own. I am disappointed that the color isn't as blue or intense as I hoped.

If you'd prefer a darker blue, contact PP and get on a waiting list. Someone might return a strand. Or they might get more during a future buying trip. I confess, that mine are so dark blue because I've been on a waiting list, and they offered me 2 strands that never hit the website.

I happen to love both the silver blues and the dark blues.

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
I didn't get any pearls from the recent sale dos I already have a triple that I got from PP a while back. After seeing all of your beautiful blues, couldn't help taking out my blues to play...

image_196.jpg

image_197.jpg

image_198.jpg

I was also inspired by this torsade in the recent BF sale:

image_191.jpg

NacreLover

Brilliant_Rock
Apparently some dark blue akoya's came back into the system and Hisano thought they looked better with 4 ranch girls project.

cynde-5.jpg

cynde-6.jpg

NacreLover

Brilliant_Rock
Loving all these blue akoya photo's ladies. Congrats... NL

mtsapphirelovingannie

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Did anyone order the medium or deep gold? I'd like to see a picture of them. :)

I'm wondering how they compare to the colors in my multi strand.

NacreLover

Brilliant_Rock
Are talking about comparing the dark golden south sea pearls to your multi color Vietnamese akoya's? I have both if you want a photo.

img_2639__1_.jpg

mtsapphirelovingannie

Shiny_Rock
Premium
NacreLover|1449434148|3958299 said:
Are talking about comparing the dark golden south sea pearls to your multi color Vietnamese akoya's? I have both if you want a photo.

Yes. I would appreciate a photo. :)

marymm

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I couldn't resist the 5-6mm deep gold Vietnamese Akoyas (#VRNA00-DG) after all, and just ordered a strand - when I receive them, I'll be sure to post IRL photos here too.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results