shape
carat
color
clarity

1.678 F VS2 Victor Canera H&A - did i make right decision ??

Kayonline

Rough_Rock
Hello,

New user and first post on Pricescope. I have been reading this forum for over a year, researching and in search of my Engagement ring upgrade and matching wedding band inspirations.
A little background. we have been engaged for over 4 years, and with 2 kids after that we decided to get married in 2016. Along with that decision the MR decided to upgrade my ring as my wedding present.
my current ring is .82ct I VVS2 solitaire.

I have been looking for the perfect diamond for over a year and no luck as i am SOOOO indecisive.
with the wedding fast approaching, i decided to contact victor this week for the second time (first being a year ago) for a quote and he responded within a few hours for the setting quote along with option of available diamonds in his inventory.

Ideally I was searching for a 2ct diamond. However with such bad exchange rates, the two diamond below were the ones that fits around our budget.

1.72 H vs2 canera ideal hearts (fits budget)
1.708 ct G Si1 canera ideal hearts (a little bit over budget)

I was deciding between the two over the weekend and then the 1.72 G Vs2 was sold. =(

I then looked into the 1.708 (eye clean i may add) however mr was adamant he wanted colour in range DEF with clarity no lower then VS2 - he was quite sensitive to this. I am more into the cut, colour, ct (as long as eye clean i am happy)

so we looked at his 1.678 F VS2 which meant we had to increase our budget quite abit.

seeing as the first diamond sold so quick we decided to go full steam ahead and purchased the 1.678 F VS2 Hearts and Arrows. (2 day decision)

I read on Victors website that the appearance of a Hearts and Arrow diamond can makes it appear larger and whiter than other fine cut diamonds of the same size. This was what assisted in my purchase and my sacrifice for ct (hoping that a nicely cut diamond would appear larger).

sorry for the long post. so much going on in my head i have no idea where to start so i just type away... >_<

i might add: i am not an expert at understanding the report... my decision was based on "victor canera hearts and arrow (tick)+ F (tick) + vs2 (tick)"= cant go wrong?..

I am wondering if i made the right decision with the purchase. or is it just my mind wanting a 2ct that is screwing with me?
AGS: 104081859011

my Finger size is H (Australian sizing). I am not sure how a 1.7 would look in a halo on a size H finger or should i have gone with a 2ct in lower specs. indecisiveness has hit back.
Is there MUCH difference between a 1.7 and a 2ct?

I have been in love with frankiextah and Susimoo Victor Canera Emila halo ever since i first saw their posts awhile back, but that would be another indecisive question... to halo or not halo?.

xx

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Re: 1.678 F VS2 Victor Canera H&A - did i make right decisio

That is a great stone! I would differ with your future husband, though, in that I'd rather have G or H color in a larger stone (and truthfully, he should get you what YOU want, not what he wants). But, that is a beautiful stone if it is what you want! I think since you were wanting 2 cts, the halo makes the most sense.

I have a lot of pictures of 7.6mm stones set in a solitaire.

leonmemoire1.jpg

new_rings_4.jpg

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Your diamond will be stunning. I'm so jealous! I have a Gia 3x F Vs1. But I know a Canera h&a will be much more beautiful, to me anyway. Color is so personal. I love high colors for an MRB. I think you will be stunned by how beautiful it is. I vote for non halo for now. I wouldn't want anything to compete with that gorgeous MRB. Save the halo for an anniversary reset. Just IMHO. :). So excited for you!!

Kayonline

Rough_Rock

thank you diamondseeker2006 and LLJsmom for your opinions.

I do hope the stone will be amazing.

here is a video that Victor just sent me: https://youtu.be/vvmLLYxFJ4s

I might go try on some 1.7 - 2 ct in stores, halo and solitaire and see if it really affects me.

can always hint to my fiancée for another upgrade to a 2.5ct in the future.. =)

everyone seems to be upgrading here on the blogs, so I guess this diamond is a great start.

xx

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Just saw the video. I LOVE YOUR STONE. LOVE. THAT IS ONE PRECISELY CUT DIAMOND. YUP LOVE THE ARROWS. Cannot wait to see it!! Congratulations for starting with such a stunner! You have an awesome fiancé. What a keeper.

apacherose

Brilliant_Rock

Your diamond is amazing.

I think you will love it, but I am glad you are going to the store to check out the size differences.

I think 'F' color is quite special, so, hope you get some enjoyment out of that aspect, in addition to the twinkling arrows and blazing glory of the cut :love:

What solitaire setting are you envisioning if you don't halo?

What is your finger size? Okay I read you posted 'H' but I have no idea what that is , haha, I'll have to look that up.

I might vote to halo if you are finding yourself wishing for more size. Victors halo's are such perfection, like wearing a work of art on your finger.

Kayonline

Rough_Rock

Thanks apacherose & LLJsmom

Been ring shopping hence the delay in reply.

Went to Tiff & co and got sized to be a US size 4. =)

I tried their Halo and solitaire in the 1.7 and size wise both are amazing. (but the halo was not as delicate as VC, bit chunky for my likings)

I love the solitaire on its own but love the Halo when paired with the band.
Since I have been wearing my current solitaire for over 4 years I have decided to go with the Halo.

Just signed off the Work Order with Victor ... locked in and super excited. I am sure his Halo will be AMAZING. Cant wait for it to come in January and will def post pictures.

thank you for all your time and reassurance on the diamond.

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium

You made a wonderful choice!!! I looked at the video and it's a beautiful stone and Victor's halos are far more delicate and better looking than the Tiffany ones (I went into Tiffany and compared) and even the Tiffany staff here commented how well made his halos are. You have a tiny ring size I am a J to a J and a half and I wear a 4 3/4s US size one hand and a size 5 on the other. A halo with that stone on your tiny finger should look completely amazing!!!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

It will be gorgeous! That halo will make it look like a 2-3 carat stone for sure!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

HI:

Your ring will. be. stunning :love:

cheers--Sharon

Kayonline

Rough_Rock

thanks !

victor just emailed me in regards to sizing.

He asked if i was wearing all 3 rings (ER, spacer + band) together as it may be quite tight when stacked and suggested to size up to 4.25

I was sized as a 4 .. Tiffany & co mentioned to size to a 3.75 if the ring is quite thin.

I haven't worn stacked rings before so i wouldn't have any idea how "tight" it would be.

would you suggest sticking to the 4 or size up 4.25 to allow for stacking? any experience with thiS?

thanks again!

Love, Kayonline

FancyIntense

Shiny_Rock

Victor Canera is a jewelry professional and has years of experience with this and they are his rings, why wouldn't you take his advice?

Kayonline

Rough_Rock

I was asking for personal experience in terms of ring size and tightness when stacking, I wasn't doubting Victors advice or suggestion. Just merely want to see if anyone went up .25 for the purpose of stacking.

Technically I would fit a 3.75 ring finger quite perfect. A size 4 goes over my knuckles with a little push but once over its quite loose. (knuckles are bigger then my finger). A 4.25 would go over my knuckles without a big push but will still remain secure.

JDDN

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Oh I'm so glad you went with a Victor halo!! I think it's going to be fabulous!

As far as sizing, how wide is the wedding band that you'll wear with your e-ring? I think that matters. Also, were you a tight size 4 or a loose 4? I think that matters too. And....if you are stacking 3 rings, will the e-ring be closest to your hand? That's the smallest portion of your finger, so you may want to stick to a 4.

By the sound of it, I may go with a 4. Maybe let Victor know about the sizing with your knuckle and where you will wear the e-ring on your finger and he can advise.

FancyIntense

Shiny_Rock

Some people like to wear their ring tight and call it fitting. Then adding two more rings makes muffin top finger and bends the pave band over time.

I don't think tight rings look good on the finger, but it has to be snug enough to grab your finger a bit. When all the flesh on the finger is displaced 3 times the rings get snugger. Check how the size 4 fits again and see if when you press the bottom of the shank up against the bottom of your finger see how much air space you have between ring and top of the finger. That will tell you a lot.

You said you could wear a 3.75 did you mean it's on the tight side, but fits? You said you were a size 4.

Thin shanks are more forgiving, but too tight with pave can bend and loosen stones. It's probably harder for you given the fact your knuckles are bigger because it has to be big enough to fit over them, but small enough that the ring isn't spinning.

You can always get the balls added in the shank to custom fit. Here is an example of that.
http://www.diamondsbylauren.com/index.php/jewelry/diamond-ring-55cts-e-f-vs-round-brilliant-pav-diamond-wedding-ring-special-price-r5238

Go to a store and try three rings on together to get an idea of sizing. Unless, you live near Victor or have 3 to stack as an example.

Definitely tell Victor about your dilemma with sizing.

Kayonline

Rough_Rock

Thanks JDDN and FancyIntense.

I haven't tried on a 3.75 but Tiff & co just suggested it. I tried on a size 4 (only the ring sizers - not the actual diamond rings) Tiff & co didn't have any in stock.

I live in Australia so sizing is abit different in terms of conversions (size H AUSTRALIA). Tiffany seems to be only one using the US number system. So I might just pop back, try to stack a few rings on and double check the amount of air space with a 4.

I might also email Victor to see if I went with the 4.25 as he suggested to avoid the "tightness when stacked" and see if there is an option to resize the "Emilya ER" when I fly there to pick it up, if need be. I don't mind the eternity being slightly loose as its diamonds all the way around but my main concern is the ER rotating. (d*mn you knuckles).
I will be wearing the band - spacer - ER last, so the ER will be the ring making sure nothing slips off my finger =)

I am not too sure with the shank size as yet, we haven't got to that stage with Victor...

I too don't like tight rings and the whole muffin top on my finger look. So will definitely go back to a store and try on more sizes as per your suggestion before I make the final decision.

thank you again !

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results