shape
carat
color
clarity

Opinions on this JA marquise

artdecolover71

Brilliant_Rock
Oops Niel meamt this one- where I show my loose- 10.8 x 4.13 mq next to cvb ring

_35408.jpg

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Artcecolover, thank you for taking the time to post the pics, I appreciate it and it's very helpful. Your marquise is beautiful! The setting you posted is gorgeous too. I'm looking forward to seeing how you set it.

Lambskin, thanks for weighing in. I'll look around for cyber sales, if anyone knows of one let me know!

Apparently JA's settings are going back to regular prices after today, so I feel a bit of pressure to decide, which I don't like lol. The 25% savings is nice but I don't want to rush into anything because of that. Still a little on the fence about the shape of the .62 so I will just take today to think it over.

Thanks so much to everyone for their help!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
canuk-gal|1448915854|3955696 said:
junebug17|1448915190|3955685 said:
canuk-gal|1448914275|3955681 said:

I hadn't seen that one Sharon, thanks! I don't see it on the website, I'll contact Grace as to price and availability.

Good idea JB--I just saw it in today's newsletter…..

Ah ok Sharon! I'll check it out!

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just wanted to give a quick update -

First of all, I want to thank everyone who took the time to help me and offer advice, I truly appreciate it -

After obsessively clicking back and forth between the 2 diamonds for 10 hours yesterday I decided to go with the J - I just prefer the shape of it, and I think I'll be ok with the color, and if not I can return it. And after looking at settings online all day, I decided to go with the 2 mm comfort solitaire in rose gold. The bezel setting is really nice but it's a similar look to the yellow pear ring I have and I wanted something a bit different.

I know I'm all over the place in this thread but I went with my gut on this and hopefully I'll like the ring. Again, thanks everyone and I will post a pic of the ring when I get it!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Cool! Look forward to seeing pictures of it! :appl:

cheers--Sharon

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
June, I completely missed this thread till just now and want to say woohoo and congratulations on your new purchase! Good luck and I hope it is GORGEOUS and that you love it. Fingers crossed for you! :appl:

Rockinruby

Ideal_Rock
junebug17|1448988578|3956013 said:

First of all, I want to thank everyone who took the time to help me and offer advice, I truly appreciate it -

After obsessively clicking back and forth between the 2 diamonds for 10 hours yesterday I decided to go with the J - I just prefer the shape of it, and I think I'll be ok with the color, and if not I can return it. And after looking at settings online all day, I decided to go with the 2 mm comfort solitaire in rose gold. The bezel setting is really nice but it's a similar look to the yellow pear ring I have and I wanted something a bit different.

I know I'm all over the place in this thread but I went with my gut on this and hopefully I'll like the ring. Again, thanks everyone and I will post a pic of the ring when I get it!

Congratulations on your new stone & setting choice! :appl:

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks sharon, missy, and rockinruby! Hopefully I'll like it :pray:

Rockinruby

Ideal_Rock
junebug17|1448988578|3956013 said:

Congratulations on your new stone & setting choice! :appl:

Natylad

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Junebug I am very excited about this new ring :appl: Lately, I've come to love Marquise diamonds so much and I like the look of them set in plain solitaire settings, which allow the diamond to be the center of attention. I'm looking forward to seeing the ring on your beautiful hand :appl: Huge congrats...

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I can't wait to see it. Congratulations! :wavey:

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm in the same boat loving MQ solitaires!

artdecolover71

Brilliant_Rock
Oooh fun! When will it arrive?

pearaffair

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Can't wait to see the result! Great suggestions from all the PS'ers!

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks artdecolover, marcy, motownmama, pearaffair, and natyLad! It should be here sometime next week, around the 9th.

Motownmama and naty, the idea of a marquise solitaire is really appealing to me too…and that surprises me because I really love halos lol. I've been looking at tons of pics since ordering this ring, and honestly I think I prefer the look of a somewhat smaller marquise in a solitaire as opposed to a larger marquise or a haloed one. I reserve the right to change my mind and I might end up doing a halo at some point :cheeky: , but at this point I'm pretty psyched about the solitaire.

Naty, it' so good to hear from you! Have you decided anything with regard to your 3 stone reset? I didn't respond in your thread because I felt I didn't have anything useful to contribute, but I love 3 stone rings and think it would look fabulous on you!

Natylad

Ideal_Rock
Premium
junebug17|1449154859|3956884 said:
Thanks artdecolover, marcy, motownmama, pearaffair, and natyLad! It should be here sometime next week, around the 9th.

Motownmama and naty, the idea of a marquise solitaire is really appealing to me too…and that surprises me because I really love halos lol. I've been looking at tons of pics since ordering this ring, and honestly I think I prefer the look of a somewhat smaller marquise in a solitaire as opposed to a larger marquise or a haloed one. I reserve the right to change my mind and I might end up doing a halo at some point :cheeky: , but at this point I'm pretty psyched about the solitaire.

Naty, it' so good to hear from you! Have you decided anything with regard to your 3 stone reset? I didn't respond in your thread because I felt I didn't have anything useful to contribute, but I love 3 stone rings and think it would look fabulous on you![/quot

Junebug, I am honestly obsessed with the marquise solitaire idea. As far as I can remember myself, I never liked the marquise cut diamonds and then, all of a sudden, approximately a year ago, I fell in love with them. I'm very excited to see your new ring. I am absolutely certain that it will be stunning.

As far as the three stone reset is concerned: I am contemplating using pears as side stones and I'm patiently searching for the perfect diamonds! :wavey:

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Fess up who bought that F??

Junebugs I can't wait to see it!!

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Niel|1449177218|3957059 said:
Fess up who bought that F??

Junebugs I can't wait to see it!!

Not me...but I would have liked to!

Lots of pictures Junebug!

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well, that F stone didn't last long lol! Wonder if it was a PS'er -

I'll post pics as soon as I get it! Can't officially wear it until Christmas but I can play with it :cheeky: !

Naty, pear sidestones would be beautiful, I love that look! :love:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results