shape
carat
color
clarity

(Cartier inspired) Cuprian Ring

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh awesome I see that fat side lip is gone. Are you going to approve these?

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Great iteration. It looks great. Do you love it?

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Approved! :wavey:

pinkjewel

Ideal_Rock
that looks great, Chrono!!!! On the home stretch, now! :appl:

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Chrono|1448917356|3955724 said:

I would have done the same!

Exciting. Now any idea about the pave?

Lady_Disdain

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Gorgeous! I love the flow of the petals now.

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
In case you wanted to play around with color options

picsart_12-01-08.jpg

gregchang35

Ideal_Rock
Chrono|1448917356|3955724 said:

Woo Hoo!!! now for the pave! has david given input?

gregchang35

Ideal_Rock
Niel|1448974996|3955958 said:

WOW- Niel.. you do great work!

I like the ring as it is with the rose gold band! But that is just me.. :)

I am interested to see this unfold with the choice of pave....

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you, Niel. It looks fabulous in rose gold, doesn't it?

No further news from David. He lost most of his staff due to the holidays and I haven't heard from him since I approved it a few days ago. I will ask him to lay the colours down together to get some idea of how they might work best together.

picante27

Shiny_Rock
I'm just have to chime in here to say that it would look FABULOUS in rose gold!

mochiko42

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is going to be a fabulous ring. I think either plat/white gold or rose gold would look great.

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It looks fabulous in RG!

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Chrono|1448999054|3956070 said:
Thank you, Niel. It looks fabulous in rose gold, doesn't it?

No further news from David. He lost most of his staff due to the holidays and I haven't heard from him since I approved it a few days ago. I will ask him to lay the colours down together to get some idea of how they might work best together.

Absolutely you're totally right to do it in rose gold. I just didn't have the time to put the colored pave options in, so I figured at least if you (or some other pser) felt so inclined they could make some test images. But, I guess if david is going to lay you out some mock images, all the better! Lol

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
David said the pink sapphires will arrive today and he'll take a picture or two of all the stones together. He thinks that the inner halo should be the 0.9 mm tourmalines, then pink sapphires and the outer spilling over the edge should be the 1 mm tourmalines. He asked whether I want the rows of stones to be even halos but I don't think I'd like that. It will create too much of a border and the ring will end up looking stripe-y.

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Chrono|1449843149|3960153 said:
David said the pink sapphires will arrive today and he'll take a picture or two of all the stones together. He thinks that the inner halo should be the 0.9 mm tourmalines, then pink sapphires and the outer spilling over the edge should be the 1 mm tourmalines. He asked whether I want the rows of stones to be even halos but I don't think I'd like that. It will create too much of a border and the ring will end up looking stripe-y.

CANNOT WAIT to see the pics.

I agree i would not want them to be even rows, the more chaotic, IMO, the better

Sphene

Brilliant_Rock
Another voting for chaotic placement and it would be yellow gold for me - but its going to look fab what ever gold color you opt for I am sure

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh just hurry up, will you, Chrono?! ;)) Every time the thread pops back up, I think that finally I'm going to see the masterpiece, but no. Just torture. :(sad

pinkjewel

Ideal_Rock
Looking forward to seeing the colors together!!

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock
Waiting too :appl: .

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Another who is eagerly waiting to see the finished ring.

DK :))

Rockinruby

Ideal_Rock
Another who is looking forward to seeing your new ring! :appl:

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good things come to people who wait. Is that how the saying goes? I doubt the ring will be done this year because we have yet to decide on the melee placement. But hey, I have a true update.

I think the pink sapphires are too dark, so I'll request lighter ones. Not only that, we are departing from the inner/outer discussion.

Quote:
We have more pink sapphires than small paraibas so we can get that spill effect. I have shown my setter your Cartier ring picture to give him an idea for a spilled out look. I am not presetting the ring, so he will be making each stone setting by hand with a microscope. I do not have to start all with blue stone we can mix the color a bit too?

I'm am SO excited about this ring in a way that I haven't been for a long while.

colours.png

gregchang35

Ideal_Rock
WOW!!!

exciting times!!!

:dance: :dance:

Lady_Disdain

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I like that!

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Greg and Lady D,
No further comments or details? Sapphire colour looks good with the tourmaline?

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Chrono,
If I remember correctly, those paraiba melee are lighter, in tone, than the picture shows. That means the sapphires must be lighter too right? Are you looking for a very pale pink?

gregchang35

Ideal_Rock
i am not sure what metal you are choosing to work with this ring.....

To me with the colours of the sapphires and paraibas that is present in the picture, i think white or yellow gold would work best, leaning more to yellow gold. HOWEVER, those stones are placed face down, adn i am not used to coloured stones.. so i am not sure of how they sparkle/ shine...
If it is rose gold band, i am not too sure if the colours work..... i cant visualise it, yet.. i am hoping that niel sees the update and she can work her magic on photoshop or similar.

I also really like the idea of the spill effect that you are going to get, very much like your inspiration cartier ring Vs the 2 rows that was in the original CAD. i feel that the colours will work nicely for the spill effect.

Just had an idea: would you consider some (3-5) single cut melee white diamonds dotted through the 'petals' to give it a bit of contrast???

hope that helps....

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
elle_71125|1450280012|3962265 said:
Chrono,
If I remember correctly, those paraiba melee are lighter, in tone, than the picture shows. That means the sapphires must be lighter too right? Are you looking for a very pale pink?

I am looking for pale pink, very much like pink diamonds, which would get amped up by the 18K rose gold setting.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Greg,

18K rose gold, so it is yellow with a touch of pink. CS doesn't typically have a lot of sparkle and shine, it's mostly colour but in melee sizes, it has a good bit of sparkle because each facet is so incredibly tiny and the light colouration helps the sparkle be more easily seen too.

I think the CAD's rose gold colour is a bit too strong. I did consider colourless diamonds but felt that it will compete too much with the coloured stones, hence I decided on the pale sapphires. However, your suggestion of just a few sprinkled here and there to make the spill transition smoother makes sense. Hmmm...I'll have to ask David whether he is able to source a few single cuts.

Thank you for your detailed comments. It is very helpful!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results