carat
color
clarity

#JOTW Acinom's colors

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you for your kind words Arkieb :wavey:

I find custom cut projects so exciting because the outcome can be such a (hopefully pleasant) surprise.
In this case the rough was blue/green while the cut gem is green/almost colorless green. I love the outcome.
The origin is Afghanistan. The stone has an open C-axis.
According to Doug the gem has just a tiny little veil/inclusion at one point along the edge of the girdle but it is very hard to see and doesn't detract from the overall beauty of the gem at all. I have not detected it in the pics yet.

S

SparkliesLuver

Acinom, you've been an extremely busy bee! How exciting. And you know I'm all for postponing the ban. :naughty: ;-) I love how you redid your wedding band. It turned out really, really well. And seeing it paired with your sapphire ... :love: :love: Sorry if I missed this part, but did you decide on an accent stone for your peacock ring? And more zircon - yum! I need to visit this thread more often as I'm so out of the loop.

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you for your kind words Sparkliesluver :wavey: I did not even think about matching my wedding band with my sapphire so I did not match the sapphire colours on purpose. But they have actually the same hue, tone and saturation. It's such fun wearing them together.
We have both been busy bees, haven't we? :naughty: I love your new acquisitions and I am looking forward to hear about your setting ideas.

For my peacock ring I have chosen emerald accent stones! I think... :lol: Not sure yet about the metal though so I will take my time before I will have it set.

S

SparkliesLuver

I remember you saying you didn't match them on purpose, but maybe your subconscious had some input. ;-) Regardless, they're lovely together! haha Indeed we have. I plan to set my red and pink-red spinels first. Hopefully Elle and I can square away the details in the next couple months since I have strong inspiration/ideas for both rings.

Oooo, lovely! :D haha You'll know the right decision for you when the time comes. Knowing you it'll end up a stunner! Can't wait to see all your projects come to fruition.

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sparkliesluver: how exciting that you will work with Elle again for designs! Elle, David and you together are a key to success.
And yes, I probably have a preference for a specific kind of Sapphire blue?

Doug has just confirmed my payment and will send the tourmaline to jeweller Alistair Kelsey. Yay!!

_874.jpeg

_875.jpeg

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That is a very nice tourmaline, thanks for sharing!

DK :love:

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Aww, thank you DK! Doug Menadue did such a great job.

Tourmaline setting design
Alistair recommended this shank design for the 'Floret' ring. I love it!!
I love how he added volume to the sides, while keeping in line with the flowing lines of the head.

_876.jpeg

_877.jpeg

_878.jpeg

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow that sketch is amazing, I love that pendant design & I think the new ring design is going to be stunning too!!!!

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you arkieb! I am really happy with the sketch.

blue zircon update
Chris received the stones back and I love my blue!!
5.61ct 10.14x8.78mm

Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CTUJAeA-dhQ

A sibling blue (different cut) is available on Chris' FB

Thank you Chris Auletta!!!

_897.jpeg

_898.jpeg

_899.jpeg

_762.png

theredspinel

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
OMG I'm going to cry....those zircons are just so beautiful! If only I wasn't terrified of buying a lose stone and going through the process of setting it...

apacherose

Brilliant_Rock
Acinom that green is mesmerizing. :love: :love: :love:

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
LOVE those zircon pics! And the sketch from Alastair is so flow-y and elegant--it's perfection! He's so talented! Thrilled for you with all of these awesome new pieces!

picante27

Shiny_Rock
Gorgeous zircons Acinom! I am soooo jealous! :love:

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock
I like the ring sketch and the depth of colour in your new Zircon, it will catch the light beautifully one set. New year is coming so your ban should officially be over soon. :bigsmile:

lilmosun

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wondering if my 2016 ban will be as productive as yours has been this year :love:

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
lilmosun|1448752661|3955087 said:
Wondering if my 2016 ban will be as productive as yours has been this year :love:
Snort!

Siameseroo

Brilliant_Rock
Gorgeous new additions Acinom. You have been on a roll lately!

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you theredspinel, apacherose, lovedogs, picante, lovinggems, lilmosun, minousbijoux and ricezo ! :wavey:

Alistair was so kind to snap a photo of Doug's tourmaline. It's quite informative to see photo's in different lighting and by different people. In this case the stone seems to look similar in Doug's and Alistair's pics? I love it!!

_941.jpeg

partgypsy

Ideal_Rock
Premium
mmm I really like that green zircon. :appl:

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I still like that tourmaline, even with its different looks from different cameras. I think the faceting really makes it interesting.

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you part gypsy and chrono :wavey: :wavey: :wavey:

Zircon update
My zircons from Chris Auletta have arrived safely in Australia. Yay!!!
According to Jeweller Alistair Kelsey the colour of the blue zircon is quite striking. I am so looking forward to see it in real life.

Here is the pic Alistair made for me:

_1023.jpeg

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock
Any updates Acinom? Or any new purchases that you would like to share with us?

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lovinggems said:
Any updates Acinom? Or any new purchases that you would like to share with us?

Hi Lovinggems :wavey:
Alistair has just finished my ring with the elongated bi-color tourmaline and I love the result!!

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
How is the Greenlake Phoenix ring coming along?

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Chrono|1450707973|3964203 said:
How is the Greenlake Phoenix ring coming along?

I will pursue with the Greenlake peacock ring in 2016.
Alistair has finalised the tourmaline Floret ring and will now start with a simple solitaire design for the green zircon from Chris Auletta.

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock
I'm looking forward to viewing your Alistair rings.
Update on my zircons I am waiting for the right huggies before I start thinking about getting them set.

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lovinggems|1450785077|3964732 said:
I'm looking forward to viewing your Alistair rings.
Update on my zircons I am waiting for the right huggies before I start thinking about getting them set.

Ooh! Hoping for those huggies to drop by quite soon!

Here some stills of ring one:

_1161.jpeg

_1162.jpeg

_1163.jpeg

_1164.jpeg

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The green tourmaline ring is lovely, thanks for sharing!

DK :love:

Sungura

Brilliant_Rock
Acinom. That tourmaline ring is captivating. I have not been able to stop looking at it so I've been 'held captive' ;-). I've been a bit lazy to post the past couple of weeks. I'm reading but not posting. But this ring woke me up. I cannot wait to see it on your hand

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results