shape
carat
color
clarity

What are you serving for Thanksgiving dinner tonight?

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
:))

ecf8503

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Turkey, stuffing, green bean casserole, mashed potatoes, praline sweet potato casserole, cranberries, rolls, and pumpkin pie. :)

diamondringlover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I caught a cold so we are staying at home instead of being with family :(( there is just 3 of us here...we are having a grilled turkey breast, ham, sweet potatoes, stuffing, mashed potatoes and gravy and probably green beans...pumpkin pie for dessert.

Q

Queenie60

We begin with appetizers for a few hours. We will have dinner at 5:30 - Turkey, stuffing, yams, mashed potatoes with gravy, salad, green beans garnished with slivered almonds. Dessert - chocolate cake, apple pie and pumpkin pie. Wishing all of you a warm and wonderful Thanksgiving. :wavey:

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
We decided to stay home because of icy roads and snow expected all day. So we made homemade dinner rolls, have some seasoned / sliced potatoes baking and will have some filet with them. I was providing cheesecake for Thanksgiving so we'll have that for dessert.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
marcy|1448570373|3954509 said:
We decided to stay home because of icy roads and snow expected all day. So we made homemade dinner rolls, have some seasoned / sliced potatoes baking and will have some filet with them. I was providing cheesecake for Thanksgiving so we'll have that for dessert.
Save me some please!... :lickout:

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
We had a late lunch Thanksgiving (1:30)...turkey, ham, dressing, mac&cheese, sweet potato casserole, mashed potatoes,
gravy, fresh green beans, rolls and ice tea. For dessert...pumpkin pie, apple-berry pie and some other pie my mom calls
"my sisters pie". It was all so good!!! We have enough leftovers to serve another Thanksgiving dinner.

azstonie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beef Lombardi, rolls, tossed green salad, Cabernet, apple pie with Tahitian vanilla gelato :D

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
We had (husband and I, kids did not come :( ) Duck, orange sauce, mashed potatoes, sweet potatoes mousseline, asparagus and stuffing. It was good, I've never made a duck before, came out great. Husband loved it.. I miss turkey and gravy though. Happy thanksgiving, Merry Christmas (or happy holiday etc.. choose) and peace!

ETA: homemade pumpkin pie for dessert

momhappy

Ideal_Rock
We do a late lunch (turkey, stuffing, mashed potatoes & gravy, green bean casserole, rolls, and champagne). Dinner is warm cherry pie and more champagne ;-)

december-fire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I shouldn't have read this thread. :nono:

I'm in Canada. We celebrated Thanksgiving on October 12.

Not a slice of turkey, scoop of stuffing, heap of sweet potato casserole, or sliver of pumpkin pie to be found in the kitchen. ;(

Thanksgiving and its wonderful leftovers are just a sweet memory.

Enjoy the rest of your Thanksgiving, and please have a second pie of pumpkin pie and think of me.

cflutist

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just the two of us this year, so turkey, gravy, roasted french green beans with bacon bits, mashed potatoes, and pumpkin pie.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dancing Fire come on by. We just had some cheesecake with cherry pie filling on top and whip cream. We've got more.

tuffyluvr

Brilliant_Rock
azstonie said:
Beef Lombardi, rolls, tossed green salad, Cabernet, apple pie with Tahitian vanilla gelato :D

What's beef Lombardi? I've never heard of it!

december-fire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
marcy said:
Dancing Fire come on by. We just had some cheesecake with cherry pie filling on top and whip cream. We've got more.

Marcy, may I join you as well? I have good table manners and always offer to help clean up after dinner. :angel:

tuffyluvr said:
azstonie said:

Azstonie, thanks for posting your menu! I, also, had never heard of Beef Lombardi. I googled it after reading your post, and it sounds wonderful!

tuffyluvr

Brilliant_Rock
december-fire said:
tuffyluvr said:
azstonie said:

Azstonie, thanks for posting your menu! I, also, had never heard of Beef Lombardi. I googled it after reading your post, and it sounds wonderful!

I broke down and looked it up. My mouth is watering. I'm sooooo hungryyyyy! My dad's wife cooked and she's not a good cook. She cooks exactly twice a year, and it's never good. I did have a big piece of pecan pie. It was delicious! Maybe the best I've ever eaten (it was purchased from a wonderful bakery [emoji13])!

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Low carb Thanksgiving was a hit. No one could tell the difference in the substitutions I made. And the cheesecake was out of this world (I added a sourcream toppping).

img_20151126_153259373.jpg

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock

img_20151126_153406002.jpg

momhappy

Ideal_Rock
Our Thanksgiving Round 2 (lunch today) was stuffing made into waffles in our waffle maker - garnished with freshly warmed turkey and garnished with gravy and cranberry sauce. Yum!

Jambalaya

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I made a 12 lb turkey, roast potatoes, stuffing, bread sauce, peas, green beans, carrots, a homemade apple pie with a lattice top, and a homemade marble cake that I gave to the firemen on duty here. Others contributed mashed potatoes, pecan pie, pumpkin pie, vegetarian split pea bake, chestnut stuffing, and sweet potatoes with sour cream. The turkey gravy and vegetarian gravy were kept separate. (We had three vegetarians with us.) Today I'm having turkey sandwiches for lunch and dinner. We gave the rest of our leftovers to our guests.

Q

Queenie60

momhappy|1448644347|3954684 said:
Our Thanksgiving Round 2 (lunch today) was stuffing made into waffles in our waffle maker - garnished with freshly warmed turkey and garnished with gravy and cranberry sauce. Yum!

Momhappy: Tell me about these waffles? Are they easy to make? Would love to try this. :wavey:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
We had the usual. I took some pics. Have to start with dessert first but don't worry I'll end with some dessert too. :lickout:

img_9947.jpg

img_9948.jpg

img_9949.jpg

img_9950.jpg

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Can you tell I like dessert? :cheeky:
Everything I posted here was cooked or baked by my dh with the exception of the PB frozen brownies which my sister graciously made for us. I love pb frozen brownies. They are delicious. But nothing beats my dh's apple pie. :lickout:

I forgot to get a pic of our 20 lb turkey. Well actually I didn't forget but since I felt badly about the turkey I didn't want to take a pic. It's the only thing on the table I did not/do not eat.

Gypsy, your table looks delicious. My dh didn't try your low carb recipe this time but he said when he is not cooking for guests and it is just us he will give it a go. He doesn't want to experiment on our family until he knows it will be delicious. Thanks and I will def let you know when we try it how it comes out. Glad yours was a success!

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

img_9951.jpg

img_9952.jpg

frenchbeansandfreshcornonthecob.jpg

_35388.jpg

momhappy

Ideal_Rock
Queenie60|1448647965|3954700 said:
momhappy|1448644347|3954684 said:

Momhappy: Tell me about these waffles? Are they easy to make? Would love to try this. :wavey:

You just whisk an egg and mix it into a bowl of leftover stuffing, place the mixture in a waffle maker, and wa-la! Stuffing waffles :D Our waffle maker beeps when done, so there's no guess work involved.

Q

Queenie60

Thank you Momhapy - going to try this. :dance:

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I made corn spoon bread as its not thanksgiving to me without it. I wanted to make the smashed sweet potato recipe I make often but someone else was already bringing some. I was sad about this as I find most smasged sweet potato dishes too sweet and the one I make isn't. So instead in made a baked mac and cheese.

My husband made challah bread and a gingersnap crust pumpkin pie.

Besides those things there was your basic turkey (I don't eat) stuffing (again I couldn't eat) bsmashed potatoes with gravy I couldn't eat and a cranberry sauce with entirely too much orange. Lol. It's my father in laws recipe he makes every year so I keep my mouth shut. You must have to grow up with it, because I just can't get behind it but others love it.

My mother in law made a coconut pie that really didn't turn out, but she knew it :lol: :knockout:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results