shape
carat
color
clarity

Bought a Brian Gavin hearts and arrows cushion cut.Opinions?

njs86

Rough_Rock
I bought a Brian Gavin cushion cut tonight. See attached pictures. I'm confident it is a solid stone. It's a Gavin signature. Size is what it is. It's within my Budget and I am planning on setting it in a halo pave band setting which should help fill it out.. I'm in Vancouver BC, Canada. Does anyone have a suggestion of where to get a beautiful setting? Comments of the stone?

_35381.jpg

_35382.jpg

_35383.jpg

_35384.jpg

njs86

Rough_Rock
Re: Bought a Brian Gavin hearts and arrows cushion cut.Opini

?

sharonyanddave

Rough_Rock

njs86|1448604359|3954593 said:
I bought a Brian Gavin cushion cut tonight. See attached pictures. I'm confident it is a solid stone. It's a Gavin signature. Size is what it is. It's within my Budget and I am planning on setting it in a halo pave band setting which should help fill it out.. I'm in Vancouver BC, Canada. Does anyone have a suggestion of where to get a beautiful setting? Comments of the stone?

The BGD cushions are nice, I would get it set by them as well. As for pricing I would check it against Bluenile Signature cushions which are very similar.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

What's not to like? It will/should be a beautiful stone. James Allen is having a 25% off sale on their settings right now.
Might be worth taking a look. What is your budget? That might help us to direct you to a vendor/store.

http://www.jamesallen.com/engagement-rings/halo/

njs86

Rough_Rock

From the reviews I've read on blue Nile signature and bgd signature I feel more comfortable with the consistency and quality of bgd. I spent a LOT of time researching stones, viewing stones, and going back and forth. The price in this stone was actually less then what I was planning on spending but compared to spence it was cheaper for a bigger stone with an actual lab cert and the extra $1000 fora .714 carat bgd that was less than .4mm bigger didn't seam worth it. I feel a good setting will make this stone shine.

I would like to stay around $2000 for a setting but could go up a bit if needed. I wasn't too fond of bgd settings that I saw. Can you buy a James Allen setting and then have a local jeweler mount it?

I do worry about the size of the stone but I think I got a fair price on it and the setting will help fill out her finger I hope. She's a size 6

njs86

Rough_Rock

So james allen will mount a loose diamond but it needs to be from within the USA and I am in Canada. Also, since its a cushion they only make fittings if they can have the stone in hand which is too bad because they have a fitting I like quite a bit. There are some decent ones at BGD but they are $1000 more than the james allen one with sale and not as nice.

sharonyanddave

Rough_Rock

njs86|1448671795|3954810 said:
So james allen will mount a loose diamond but it needs to be from within the USA and I am in Canada. Also, since its a cushion they only make fittings if they can have the stone in hand which is too bad because they have a fitting I like quite a bit. There are some decent ones at BGD but they are $1000 more than the james allen one with sale and not as nice.

BGD should be able to send the diamond to JamesAllen I would ask.

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Minimize your own headaches especially since you are on Canada. I would choose a setting from BGD since you are buying your stone from them. Is there something BGD can do to modify one of their existing settings to make it more to your liking? Your diamond will be stunning. I would definitely choose BGD over BN, like you. Congratulations on choosing a gorgeous stone.

njs86

Rough_Rock

I will probably go with BGD like you said to save the headache. I really like this design http://www.jamesallen.com/engagement-rings/halo/14k-white-gold-hand-engraved-cushion-shape-halo-engagement-ring-item-49480 from JA but it won't fit a cushion. To have BGD do something like that though the setting is $3000 CAD and the extra for the dimpling and engraving/scroll work on the bottom of the band. Might just have to bite the bullet to get the ring I want for my lady

njs86

Rough_Rock

That is the setting I will probably get but I want to add some detailing to it

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock

Handengraving?

njs86

Rough_Rock

So i went with the Anita setting in 18k white gold from Brian Gavin Diamonds. its nice because all the stones in the halo and pave are hearts and arrows to match the centre stone and the extra carat weight brings it up to almost 1.2 carats total carat weight which feels like a good number to me. Thanks for all the advise. Ill post pics when i receive it if you guys are interested in seeing the finished product.

JDDN

Ideal_Rock
Premium

That sounds like it'll be gorgeous. Definitely post pictures when you get it and of course hand shots!!

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

It will be very beautiful. I cannot wait to see it! Congratulations!!

njs86

Rough_Rock

So here are the photos of the actual stone itself. I'll post the final glamour shots when I get them of the completed ring

_35452.jpg

_35453.jpg

_35454.jpg

_35455.jpg

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Beautiful! yes, photos when it is set, please.

njs86

Rough_Rock

Here are the glamour shots I received from BGD today. It ships today and should arrive in Canada by tomorrow so they say. Looks like it will be Christmas Eve proposal. I'll post again when I have it in hand.

Ps- bloody exchange rate

_35649.jpg

_35650.jpg

_35651.jpg

telephone89

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Very beautiful. I looove the heart!
I hope you post some real life shots and hand shots too!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

njs86|1450394524|3962819 said:
Here are the glamour shots I received from BGD today. It ships today and should arrive in Canada by tomorrow so they say. Looks like it will be Christmas Eve proposal. I'll post again when I have it in hand.

Ps- bloody exchange rate

I hear ya on the exchange rate :(sad

But bloody nice ring! :bigsmile: :appl: :love:

cheers--Sharon

16ocean

Brilliant_Rock

glad you got the stone and the setting from the same vendor.
You saved yourself a big headache & everything I have read here on PS points to Brian Gavin doing great work. The photos look gorgeous!!

njs86

Rough_Rock

Done

_35741.jpg

_35742.jpg

_35743.jpg

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock

Congratulations!

Shannon74

Rough_Rock

Ahh, I love seeing proposal pics! My husband didn't officially propose, so I live vicariously through proposal stories and pics.

Congrats on the beautiful ring and beautiful fiancé! You did great!

Sphene

Brilliant_Rock

Congratulations beautiful choice :appl:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results