carat
color
clarity

Now I really did it :((

Sunstorm

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Hi Sarah great to see you :wavey: :appl:

Also I see we have some new people on board now.

Kelinas welcome but so very sorry about your mom, you need serious bling to make you feel better. :naughty:

Missy I love your setup and so enjoyed your pix. So now there are five kitties? Is there no way for them to use the shed once they are trapped and s/n? There is a chance that they will be ok indoors and then homes can be found for them. Ok, I know that way you would have to clean boxes and that is likely impossible now but perhaps they could use the shed and be indoor outdoor or Greg would not like that? I still think that this situation will resolve eventually. You are a great person helping them but I know I would try to do the same.

Junie sorry that your mom is unwell I think these infections are so common at this age, my grandma and my friends mom suffered from them too and had to take antibiotics to prevent them from coming back.

Hi to all my other lovely friends, some of you I talked to privately so no separate heys now as I am getting a bit tired.

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi all!

Missy, the shed looks great! It goes beautifully with the house, how nice for Greg to have the extra work space. And the feral cat shelter is looking good! I bet the kitties use it once the weather gets colder. And I know Greg is going to come up with something great. Oh boy, I am really hoping that one of the kitties isn't pregnant. Try not to stress about it, you don't know for sure. and yes, please keep in mind you are doing all you possibly can in a very hard situation so please try not to worry. I'm trying to take my own advice lol, and I know it's very hard but we have to at least try for our own health and well-being. ((((hugs)))))

And I'm so sorry about your eye! Having an eye issue is really, really uncomfortable, it just never lets up and wears you down over time. I'm hoping you're feeling better soon.

Jimmianne, thanks for the nice words, and your pic of Joy just blew me away, so beautiful :love: I agree that people on PS are genuinely eager to share in the excitement and joy of members who share their pieces, that is one really nice thing about this forum.

Oh my gosh Callie, snow already, yikes - seems too early!

Marcy, glad to hear that at least the spot doesn't look any worse but I hope the repair guys can get to you fairly soon. Glad you had a nice relaxing day off - but oh my gosh the weather sounds awful! Please be careful, icy roads make me so nervous. Corn bread, yum… my husband loves corn bread.

Sarah, it's great to hear from you! I'm so glad you have recovered and are feeling good. I'm sure you are so happy to be past those rough days; you plugged through and were a real trooper, that's for sure. Glad to hear your family is well, I hope you all have a great holiday and check in once in a while with us!

Sunstorm, thanks, yes, unfortunately these infections are pretty common with the elderly ;( So good to hear from you, hope you're doing ok!

Missy, Callie, Marcy - thanks for your support ladies! I appreciate your patience and kindness - for now I'm just focusing on getting through the holidays and seeing where we are then. I'm going to make an effort not to go on about my problems though, I'm getting tired of myself lol.

Goodnight all, and see you tomorrow!

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I must have missed it. Missy what is going on with your eye? Shed looks awesome! Is Greg excited?

Sarahb, glad you have healed well and are improving.

Catch you girls later. Gotta help with dinner.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good morning girls!

Jimmianne, thank you sweetie. I always know you are there for me supporting me all the way. Thank you and hugs. I am so glad you are enjoying having your DD home with you and that you are also looking forward to France. I cannot wait to hear about all your adventures and then some. Also looking forward to hearing any updates about your new gentleman friend. :appl:

Sunstorm I wish these cats would be amenable to being domesticated however they are truly feral. Basically that means they cannot be socialized and the best I can do is provide them with food and shelter and have them neutered so they don't procreate. They will not tolerate humans unfortunately. I sent pics of two of them yesterday via text to the NIRDIs but I don't think you got the pics so I am reposting here. This is Sprite and Squirt yesterday around 4PM or so when we got back to the beach house from our day of exploring the cute towns around us. They look so sweet. Bobby noticed them and was looking at them for quite the while. Let me tell you if it was possible Greg and I would do everything in our power to adopt them and make sure they had a good home and were safe. It is just not possible with ferals. That is what makes this situation so very challenging. The lifespan of a feral cat is less than 3 years and usually they are lucky to hit 2 years old. :blackeye:

June, I am sorry we text bombed you (is that a phrase?) yesterday. You are such a good sport and I hope you aren't sorry we have your number now LOL. But seriously if it is too much please let me know OK. I promise I won't be insulted and neither will the other girls. Group texting can be confusing haha.

Thanks for the shed and kitty condo compliments. Hoping we get what we need before it gets really cold so Greg can build the kitties a palace. Also really hoping the rescue person gets going with this and is able to successfully trap these cats and get them neutered, vaccinated, dewormed, etc so we can get them healthy and also unable to have babies. That food is going way faster than before and there is no raccoon getting inside so IDK what to think.

How is your mom feeling today? Listen, as usual my mind won't shut off and I have been thinking about your family situation. Just tell your mom when the time is right that you are both taking a trip to your sister's house and then just see how it goes. Don't give her an option to say no to just a visit at least. If I am right I think the change of scenery will do her wonders and do wonders for you too. You both need a break and don't let your sister change her mind. This is the best thing for everyone and it doesn't have to be forever. Just one day at a time and I bet it won't be as difficult to get your mom to agree to staying once she has been there for a while.

As for not going on about things and about getting tired of hearing yourself haha I feel you and welcome to the club because I think I am the queen of that club and not really a badge I want to be wearing. :oops: BUT I know I don't just speak for myself when I say please don't feel that way June. We are truly here for you however we can be and want to be a source of comfort and support for you. Share as much as you want to as much as you are comfortable sharing because that is a big purpose of this thread really. It started out with that purpose and it continues for that purpose at least in large part. And of course I and the other girls are always here for you offline so don't forget that either. Though I know we have been overzealously texting and emailing you I think lately haha. Sorry about that! Please don't feel we are tired of hearing anything you want to talk about because we are not tired of it and want to be here to help if only to listen. OK? (((HUGS))).

Are your kids spending Thanksgiving with you and your dh and mom this year? What are your plans? When are you going back to the beach house and any updates re the sale of your other house?

LLJsmom, nothing exciting to report re my eye. Basically being the Queen Klutz that I am I gave myself a black eye while searching for a Veuve Clicquot bottle of champagne I bought for Julio and put away in our storage closet. While searching for it a heavy glass jar in the closet fell hit me in the eye and face. Yeah not too bright of me. Oh well. I got a cut on top of the bruise that hurts me more than the black and purple eye. LOL what a sight I am. I guess no holiday pics of me this year haha. And I am getting together on Monday with 2 good girlfriends I haven't seen for a while and I guess I am not going to look my best but more importantly I don't want to scare them. :shock:

How is your DH doing this morning? How are your kids doing? Are they getting super excited for the holidays? What gifts do they want? And I forget what are you doing for Thanksgiving?

Callie, OMG 7 inches of snow. And you are courageous to brave the storm to save your trees. This is the face mask I use when cycling in cold weather and this might be helpful to you when you are doing things outside around your garden in the freezing temps. Check it out.
https://www.rei.com/product/725713/seirus-polar-scarf

Be safe and warm today and enjoy. I hope it is warming up by you.

Marcy, between you and Callie we have more than a foot of snow I think OMG. Did you finish that movie Spy last night? I have to check it out. Thanks for the rec. We are in the middle of still watching that scary Spanish movie but I am not impressed. I am sharpening up my Spanish skills so that is something. I love scary movies but why is it so hard to find good scary movies? I love the psychologically scary over the physically gory scary. The latter I don't care for at all. One of the best scary movies (saw it a long time ago so not sure my recollection would hold up to today's standards) was the "Butterfly Collector". I also enjoyed "The Vanishing"
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0096163/?ref_=tt_rec_tt
The 1988 foreign version. Not the American remake. The original was the only one worth watching IMO. Excellent.

What are your Sunday plans? I cannot wait to hear what you are making to bring to your sister's house for Thanksgiving.

Kristie, love all your bathroom remodel ideas. Looking forward to seeing it all completed and you pleased and happy with the results. Jealous of your 77 degree sunny weather but glad you and Bob and Finn and Maggie are getting to enjoy it! You deserve it after your brutally hot weather.

Hi Sarah!!! Thanks for stopping by and I am so glad to hear you are well and that life is good Big (((HUGS))) and happy holidays from your PS family to you and your family. :wavey:

Have a great Sunday girls. Next week is Thanksgiving. How fast did it get here this year. OMG but bring it. :lickout:

spritelookingatbobby.jpg

spriteandsquirtinbackyard.jpg

squirtandspritecheckingoutbobbyandviceversa.jpg

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Missy, the cats look very healthy!

I am going slightly crazy here trying to plan my trip. This is venting, so thank you in advance LOL.
By the time we arrive in France I will have taken care of all the animals on the farm, driven a half hour to pick up my dd, then an hour to the airport here in Raleigh, flown to NY, then France.
When we get to CDG, we have to take the shuttle into Paris to the train station, then take the high-speed train then the second local train, then find a taxi in the small town where we are staying. No rental car offices open on weekends. So, add jet-lag and language barrier and it feels like Mt. Everest. Last time I was so exhausted I was shaking by the time we got to dd's bf's house - and that even with being totally taken care of & just having to follow the host from train to train... It just feels so complicated and exhausting.
that's all : )

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Jimmianne, is it wrong of me that all I can see now is you are stopping over in NY on your way to France? :dance:
Alas I realize there is not enough time for a visit...is there? :cheeky:

Ok don't stress. You will make the trip like the champ you and your DD are! Before you know it you will be there. When are you traveling?

ETA:bring sleeping pills so you can get some rest on the plane if possible.

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
missy|1448202071|3952755 said:
Jimmianne, is it wrong of me that all I can see now is you are stopping over in NY on your way to France? :dance:
Alas I realize there is not enough time for a visit...is there? :cheeky:

Ok don't stress. You will make the trip like the champ you and your DD are! Before you know it you will be there. When are you traveling?

ETA:bring sleeping pills so you can get some rest on the plane if possible.

I know! I will be in your town on Dec.4th!
I thought about stopping on my way home on the 20th : ) but my farm & house sitter will want me to come straight home, darn it.
I still plan to visit! when there is time to relax.
And thanks for the vote of confidence. I know things always seem more complicated when you look at the whole thing at once.
Think...custom ring! for instance lol

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDIs

Jimmianne, I love NCIS and yes I remember David McCallum was on the Man from Uncle TV series. We watched the movie they released this year. Lakewood does has a great view of the mountains and looking back over the city. It has probably grown a lot since you lived there though. Have you been to visit your sister at Evergreen? It is a pretty area. That is kind of cool you can see what is going on in Paris. Yes, this is all very heart wrenching. You will have a very long day getting to your final destination but I know you will do fine. Maybe make a list on your watch and you’ll be excited to be able to cross things off as you go. Did you sleep on the plane last time?

Missy, cornbread is delicious isn’t it? LOL you love your popcorn and tequila straight. You are welcome on my critical observation about those earrings. I know if I bought something and then noticed they weren’t symmetrical it was drive me CRAZY. Not that it’s a long way to go. Wonky prongs are like a big black mark on a ring; I always “see” it. How is your eye doing? In a few days that bruise is going to be all sorts of nasty colors. I think bling shopping will help you feel better. Thanks for the advice not to watch Miss Julie. We did enjoy Spy. I rented it and was about 20 minutes in to it when Marty came upstairs and said he would watch it so we started it over. The shed turned out fabulous. Great job! The kitty condos are awesome. I am sure the kitties will be creative enough to figure out it’s a nice place for them to get in from the elements. LOL on textbombed. I finally put my phone on silent I think the chirp was distracting Marty while we were watching that movie. I quit watching scary movies; I always seemed to watch them right before Marty goes somewhere then I think about them and can’t fall asleep. We watched most of American Sniper (we’d seen it before) on Saturday and it made me cry at the end. Marty noticed I was crying and I said “it didn’t have a happy ending”. Too many other emotions going through my brain this week it was an easy outlet. I am taking little cheesecakes and watergate salad for Thanksgiving.

Sarahb, I am delighted to hear your hip recovery is coming along well. That is great you are enjoying swimming and you gait is good. I am glad to hear your family is doing good. I chuckled at your story about your son, yes I do remember my 20’s. Fun times. Stay safe and warm from the snow.

Sunstorm, how are you doing? I bet you are busy with making special orders for you customers for Christmas. What fun projects are in the works?

Junebug, I keep checking my ceiling and I don’t see any more water up there. The first night I found that spot I walked all around the house checking the ceiling and I swear about 1/2 way through I was getting dizzy. I was in a hurry and on a mission you know? The cornbread mix I used was Dave’s BBQ and it was a sweet cornbread. Not my favorite but hot cornbread and butter is always hard to pass up. I think focusing on one day at time during the holidays is a good idea. Never hesitate to post here or email / text me to vent or talk. I wish I had you ladies to talk to several years ago. It’s good to just get some things off your chest.

LLJsmom since you mentioned it - what was for dinner? How was the cake? Is your DH feeling better?

We got to the grocery store a little after 9. They were definitely busy. I made cheesecake for Thanksgiving this afternoon but made little ones in muffin size. I got 20 which works well because I would say that is about how many pieces of cheesecake my full cheesecake should be cut in; otherwise it is a lot of cheesecake. They are supposed to set up in the frig for 3 to 4 hours but that means we can't try one until after 8 pm today. I think we'll try one after 7. The few I couldn't get in my container are "samples" right?

Marty made himself chicken Marsala for lunch / dinner and made me a burger. We both had baked potatoes and some veggies.

I hope everyone had a great weekend.

Take care.
Marcy

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Those little muffin sized cheesecakes turned out great. I froze 15 of them for Thanksgiving so Marty and I had 5 left out for us to eat. I am not arm wrestling for that last one. I'll lose.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good morning girls!

Jimmianne, I am excited for your upcoming trip and I know it will all work out. Please consider not driving yourself from the airport to your host's home that day. Maybe look into sending your luggage ahead from your NC home and taking the trains or hiring someone to drive you the whole way from the airport. I know it will all work out well. Safety first OK?

Marcy!!! OMG those little cheesecakes sound so delicious. :appl: I might just need to get that recipe from you because it really sounds amazing. :lickout: Lucky Thnaksgiving day hosts!

Yes, I had to mute my phone for Greg after it got to be too much while we were watching the movies each day this weekend lol. Texting can be noisy haha. And distracting. :cheeky:

Any ceiling updates? I hope there are no more leaks and that your roofer attends to this issue soon.

We did a lot of our Thanksgiving Day shopping yesterday and OMG is our fridge full. So far it looks like it will be nice weather for us and I wish the same for all the NIRDIs. I think Greg is planning on the same menu this year with apple pie and pumpkin pie as the desserts and of course I asked my sister to bring her yummy chocolate peanut butter frozen brownies for me. :lickout: Greg plans on working from home Wed and cooking much of the menu that day and finishing up on Thursday morning.

I would love to hear everyone's plans for Thanksgiving. I know Marcy's but I am not sure of everyone else's for that day. Please share. :appl:

I have plans with 2 of my girlfriends today both of whom I haven't seen for a couple of months so looking forward to it. One is due to give birth in a week or 2 and I cannot wait to see her. And the other friend retired from where we used to work together while I was recovering from my surgery and she is much older so it is harder for her to get around and I am super excited to see her too. Can you tell I am excited to see them today. It is freezing here but that's OK as I don't mind braving the cold for these ladies. :appl:
LLJsmom, I am taking them to the same restaurant Greg and I took you too when you visited. I think you can figure out the dish I am ordering haha. Please keep us posted on what you think when you receive the earrings OK?

Short workweek for most of us I think. Enjoy your Monday girls. :wavey:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

azstonie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDIs! Its been awhile since I've done a good post. :wavey:

I am glad we are all in good health and good circumstances this Thanksgiving. We may not have everything at optimal operational standards but OTH...

Last year at this time, you all kept me pasted together when Finn had hurt his front paw and ended up unable to stand/eat/pee/walk. I'm happy to report he is doing GREAT and I look forward to this Thanksgiving now! Miss Maggie is doing well, it looks like I have successfully battled the canine colitis and diet change.

I got FitBits for Bob and me and they have made a big difference in our daily activity and diet. Yesterday Bob got 20,000 steps. I'm proud of him. We also got a standing desk for his office at work and I'm hoping the next purchase will be the treadmill for under his desk so he will do the slow trudge all day that burns a gajillion calories and keeps you in peak shape rather than sitting all day and having terrible health and early death. Ha, I'm always good for the CHEERY info :lol: I'm happy getting 10,000 per day. I feel a lot better and my leg is feeling different in a good way.

SarahB, so glad you're over the hump and are chugging along!!!! How is your adorbs doggie doing? I always notice when you've not been posting because I feel the lack of your avatar!

MIssy, I know you and your family will be dining well between the efforts of you and Greg. Those frozen peanut butter brownies sound good :lickout: Eat dessert first, life is uncertain :sun:

Callie, watch out for the ice, okay? Do you put snow tires on? I used to swear by them in Alaska. Traction is our friend this time of year. Keep everyone at your house reasonably not too cold bwahahahaha!! They can always put on a sweatshirt or drag out a blankie, but we can't exactly streak around the house all the time.

Junie, love your changing avatars and especially love seeing sweet tiny Zoe. Is your family having Thanksgiving at the beach?

Marcy, I'm thinking about you as we get closer to Thanksgiving and I know we are going to feel losses but also feel gratitude for the people we do have in our lives. Watch out for the ice just like Callie. Do you have your snow tires on yet?

Sunstorm, FCDs, that is what I am reminded of when I think of you :appl: Have you completed your moving?

LLJs, a hell of an end to 2015, right? Thank God this year is over for you and 2016 is going to be loaded with good news and bling. Your marathon-ing and training was a big inspiration for me to get the FitBits and get moving again. I saved all of the nutrition tips from you and Missy and I'm starting to employ those. Hello apples :lol:

Jimmianne, glad you're keeping your plans for France in December. It should be a magical visit!!!

azstonie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Missy, I found several OEC rings on Lang that would fit me and my budget but I'm holding off for you and Adam before i spend 1 cent. I love Lang. I would love to see us NIRDIs plan a San Francisco trip to include Lang's and the Wine Train to Napa. Maybe 2017? Its something to think about. Good airport that I believe all of us can conveniently get in and out of.

I'll be off to San Diego and La Jolla shortly and H. Moradi beckons (thank you, Callie, for turning us all on to them and their amazing stock) but I'm feeling like I won't make a stop there because I truly want an OEC and I don't want to buy one without you there at minimum and ideally buying from OWD also.

So because I am almost incapable of NOT buying something at a place like Moradi, I'm not planning a stop there. I also feel like a piker when I leave after trying on everything single thing they have and leaving without a purchase of any kind.

LLJs, please keep us informed when the huggies get there, okay? I want to hear your evaluation of them. The diamonds from that vendor looked good to me when I browsed them recently BUT I did not have my loupe on hand and I didn't get to take any outside :devil: to see in sunlight.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDIs!

Missy, too funny about silencing our phones. Marty thought it was work at first but he finally said it can’t be work it isn’t irritating you. Marty was going to call the roofer today but got too busy. I’ll bug him about 9 am tomorrow. So far no new leaks. Greg’s pies sound delicious but I really perked up at peanut butter brownies. They all sound delicious. I love those blue zircon earrings. The other ones are pretty but of course the pretty blue got my attention. Does Greg have a truck you can sell? Remember to start your ad “if a man answers hang up”.

Kristie, I am delighted to hear Finn and Maggie are so much better than last year at this time. That is awesome you and Bob got Fitbits. If you shop at Walgreens you can signed up with them and get points for the steps on your Fitbit. I don’t remember how many points you need for a $1.00 credit but hey every “bit” helps. Marty’s figured the “steps” between here and Atlanta one time. That was pretty funny. That is great you are feeling better and so is your leg. I got my all season Michelin a few months ago. They have been good in the snow and ice. You have a lot of fun travel and shopping in your future.

I sadly went back to work today and since we are going through a week every day this short week it was a busy day. My boss is on vacation and I guess was supposed to ask me to attend some of his meetings. He never relayed that info to me so my old boss went to the meetings instead. I don't mind either way but I get pretty bored in meetings.

We had some cherry pie filling and whipped cream on our little muffin cheesecakes tonight. :lickout: It's going to be a brawl tomorrow night who gets the one more that is left. Ha!

Have a great evening and day tomorrow.

Marcy

azstonie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love anything cherry, that sounds delish Marcy!!!!

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi everyone,

Just checking in. General stuff. Will let you all know when the earrings arrive. I think I'll get them this week. You know how stressed I was about buying them, but I feel better today. If they turn out to be good earrings, that is good and bad. Good cause my mom can have a gorgeous pair of earrings. Bad cause I am stressed about the money. But in the big picture, I would rather have them than not. And my mom isn't going to have another 70th, so this one has to count. I am gonna have a tough time figuring out how to use that idealscope when I get it. I will probably be sending out an SOS. But it just occurred to me that it is a good thing I ordered this early b/c I can decide if I like it in case some more black friday deals pop up by the end of the week.

Missy, I hope your eye is improving. I sure could not see anything in the pic today. And are the kitties taking full advantage of their new condo? Btw, I like the second pair.

AZ, thank you so much for all the "being there". You calmed my fears a lot, and I really appreciate your reinforcing my gut feeling about my dad and whether he should have another procedure. The GI specialist wants another CT scan, but not urgent. We will get one soon, before the end of the year. But you have given me courage to not just "go along" with the GI surgeon if he wants to start cutting. So glad the Maggie and Finn and doing well. It's so stressful cause you just don't know for sure. Good health is not something I, we any of us or our loved ones or our fur babies should take for granted. Congrats on the fitbit, and an AWESOME standing desk. Those are sooooooooooo cooooooooool. Some schools in CA are using them for middle school kids. They are finding that the kids are much better at staying focused and concentrating with these!!

Marcy, I'm sorry about sharing the Bluenile 50% off. You are the queen of bands, well, maybe you and Jimmianne, and hopefully this won't derail you. :) My dearest hubby broiled ribeye for my son's bday dinner, and made garlic noodles. It was yummy. He hasn't cooked in a long time. He made stuffing for no reason tonight. He's getting cabin fever, cause he can't do much until he heals up some.

Jimmianne, hope you and your DD are enjoying each other.

Callie, how are you...

Junebug, sending healing thoughts your way for your mom. You deserve your time away at the beach house. Maybe some 50% off bling can cheer you up. We will have to keep checking for any new black friday deals. I am pretty sure BGD will come up with something.

Ok, girls, I'm outtie for now. Gotta go clean up....

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
AZ, as dangerous as it sounds, a trip to Lang's would be fabulous! If love SF and all the other things there [even aside from Lang's]. It's a magical place.
I agree that a visit to OWD would be a good plan. Has anyone asked Adam to find 8 pair of pears yet???

LLJsmom - - -Sharing the Blue Nile - criminal I say! :lol: They have an Asscher band TDF and during the sale it's 9k-something. That would buy a lot of serpent rings! Must keep priorities straight, and I'm starting a budget right now for NYC.

Marcy! Cherry pie filling on cheese cake :appl: You guys know how to live. Send the last one to TO ME.
Hey - maybe we could have a PS bake sale to raise funds for bling. I can't bake, but could be the taster :lickout:

I want to thank you guys for your input about my trip. I want to be courageous, yet practical, and appreciate getting both side of the coin from you.

There was finally some movement in the deal for the old house property next to me. It became a short sale through the sellers' bank and I signed the papers last night. I had second thoughts because it's going to be a real project to clean up, but still it is the right thing to do.
The vet was here for the horses yesterday - $965. She did dental work on three horses and gave them their Fall shots. She is worth every penny, really takes care of them thoroughly - her true mission in life. I am so lucky to have her.
Today a visit to my dd. We are going to frame two of her paintings for a show and discuss "car vs. train" and get THAT settled.

Missy, I love the blue earrings. Maybe it's time for color for a change? [ I am suddenly into yellow gold & enjoying seeing something different]. I think that shade of blue would look beautiful with your hair. Lang's is expensive - worth it, but no deals there that I have ever seen.

Going to post this ramble before It gets lost. Off to find out what Fitbits is/are.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good morning girls!

Haha LLJSmom, you did not see my black eye in the picture I texted all you girls because, if you look closely, I am wearing sunglasses haha. That's right. I couldn't go bare for the pic with that eye now could I? I am actually proud of myself because I didn't even think of it at all with my girlfriends yesterday. It is feeling better so that's good. The cut is still taking its sweet time to heal however so no eye makeup for me probably at least for the rest of the week and that includes tomorrow at work where I usually like to wear a bit of eye makeup and thanksgiving when we are having our gathering. Not a big deal. I realized the pics I shared with you girls last night have 3 generations of women. Z is 73, I am 50 and R is 30. IDK it makes me tear up thinking how we are such dear friends despite being each a generation (or more) apart. Of course I am right in between the 2 in age and I do have more in common with each but still. I love that we have such a bond despite the years. I am reposting the pic here for those (Sunstorm and Jimmianne) I did not get to share the 3 generation plc with as I checked with my girlfriends and they are OK with me sharing it here. They appreciate good bling too. :bigsmile:

Don't worry about sharing that Blue Nile link as I am guessing we already had it in our inbox LOL. Right now there is nothing that tempts me because their diamond hoop earrings while lovely are way too heavy for me. OMG the 1.75 inch hoops weigh over 10 grams if I remember correctly. That is more than double my tolerance. Oh I so wanted blingy hoops bigger than all the hoops I currently wear but it is looking like that is not going to work out.

Sounds like a sensible plan you have for your dad's treatment. I am so glad the men in your life are coming along well and I am continuing to keep my fingers crossed for them and send healing vibes their way.

And thank you again LLJsmom. You are so thoughtful and just wanted to let you know Greg really loved it too. (((HUGS))).

Kristie, you know you can count on me with helping find your dream OEC(s). I am in with you all the way and I am treating this project as if it is my own because that is exactly how it feels. I will not let you down! Now you also have some extra time to think about do you want one or two and perhaps you decide that depending on inventory and the sizes you find and what you fall in love with. It is good nonetheless to have some space and time to ponder it all. Hey a good part of the fun is in the dreaming is it not? But oh the hunt and then the capture of the perfect stone is sweet like nothing else. :love:

Thank you again too for the mailing yesterday. I didn't try it yet because I am saving it for when I really need it but I have a feeling that will be very soon. Unfortunately. ::)

Marcy, I love the collage. You are so talented! I loved waking up to the beautiful and bright blingy pics. Thank you!
Haha I love what Marty said how he thought it was work contacting you at first and then he realized it couldn't be because it didn't irritate you. LOL. Almost spit out coffee laughing. :lol:

Your cherry pie filling on the cheesecake muffins brings me back to when I was a little girl because my mom used to bake cherry cheesecake. It was quite delicious. She would bake an amazing cream cheese cake and then put cherry filling on top. What a great combo. OK you have done it again girlfriend. You have me craving cherry cheesecake at 7:10AM in the morning. Grrrr. :bigsmile:

Jimmianne, that is wonderful news about the short sale finally going through. You must be so relieved. Finally. I am sorry that vet bill was pricey but I know you now have peace of mind and can enjoy your France trip without worrying about them. Your post reminds me I am overdue to see the dentist this year and it might be too late as it is already end of November. Oh well, there is always 2016 right? :cheeky:

Quick question about your travel issue-is there a shuttle flight you can take to get closer to your final destination? Any closer airport to make it an shorter drive to where you need to be?

Can I be the PS taster with you Jimmianne? I think we need 2 opinions on each baked goody don't you agree? :lickout:
And I am valuable because I can keep eating and eating. Greg is amazed but it takes me a while to really get full so bring it on. :appl:

Enjoy the framing with your DD and also good luck with your decision train vs car. I see it is complex and there is no straightforward answer but will just chime in with though who posted in your thread seem OK with driving immediately after a long flight I caution you. Just because they never had any issues doesn't make it a no brainer. I never shared this here but my sister demolished her car when she was in vet school driving home from clinic that night to her apartment. She fell asleep because she was sleep deprived after doing over 18 hours of rotation. The car was completely destroyed but somehow thank goodness she came out of it without a scratch. The firemen (who had to get her out of her car) were amazed. Someone was watching over her I feel but never mind that. I share it with you just to help you make the best decision for you. I agree all those trains etc sound like a huge pain. Ugh wish we could figure out another way. But I know it will all work out either way!

Haha great idea asking Adam to find 8 pair of pears. Is it 8 or 7 I lost count. 8-)

Fitbit-monitors all activities/steps you take/calories burned?/sleep activity too. Something like that. I know many people love it and are addicted to it. That is why I am staying away. Plus I don't care for having stuff on my person so that in addition to not wanting to become OCD about activity I am not joining the Fitbit craze but people love it Jimmianne. Interested to see what you think.

June, hope the cleaning is going well. I feel for you and I know I have to get started too. That's the worse part of having company over IMO. The cleanup before and then the clean up after. I do not like the cleaning part at all. :!:

Callie, looking forward to later with you and hearing about any new developments. Hope your darling nieces are enjoying their new bling. :appl:

Sunstorm, how is your week going? Thinking of you.

Have a good day everyone! Only 2 more days till Thanksgiving woohoo!

missyzandrnov2015.jpg

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi ladies!

Missy, thanks for the support, and for being so willing to listen to my tales of woe; taking care of an elderly parent has thrown me for a loop. I laughed when I read not to let my sister off the hook - when she made her comments that's exactly how I felt lol, and I said that the only way it will work is if we just pick a date and tell mom she's going - my sister wasn't expecting that ha - Honestly, I'll probably let her off the hook at some point because I just don't think it's going to work out, for several reasons, but we'll see. As I mentioned, my sister is staying with my mother now and I have a feeling she might have even more second thoughts after this visit lol. I feel like we're in a holding pattern of sorts here - my mother just doesn't seem to be doing that great in general, just going to see how she does this next month and then take it from there.

The texting was fun - As long as you girls don't mind my jumping in when I can, I'm up for it!

Love the pic of you and your friends! You look fabulous! It must have been so fun to spend some time with such good friends.

Hope your eye is improving with each day and that it's feeling a little better.

And hubba hubba to the earrings you posted! :love: the Edwardian earrings (second pair) are gorgeous, are they a contender right now?

Marcy, thanks for your offer for me to vent if I feel the need, I hope you don't regret that offer ha! You're right though, having a little support does make a difference and makes you feel less alone. I wish we could have been there for you a few years ago too, I can only imagine how hard it was for you. You've been through so much and I know it's still not easy for you, so I'm glad we can be here for you now if you need us. (((hugs)))

Hope things are going ok with that Wyoming winter weather, please take care! I'm glad you're not seeing any more leaks. Your little cheesecakes sound SO good, I love cheesecake!

Kristie, kudos to you and Bob for getting in some extra walking! I'm so glad to hear it seems to be helping your knee. I was doing a lot of sitting when my mother was in the hospital/rehab center 5 years ago and I noticed my knees were starting to hurt really badly. I even bought a supplement for joint pain - then I got myself on the treadmill and my knees felt so much better; I never even used the supplement.

No, we're not going to the beach but my sister is staying with my mother this week so I'll be home - dh's brother and wife are supposed to come for dinner and I have my brother staying with me.

Thanks for noticing Zoe the cat lol! She's cuter IRL!

Lucky you to be going to San Diego and La Jolla - and I'm excited about your plans to buy an OEC, woo-hoo! :dance: I hear you on not going to a store that is going to just be too hard to resist, the temptation is just too great! But for quality and price, I think Adam is the way to go. I bought my OEC from Grace when it was still JbEG and she was great to deal with too and she has some lovely stones.

Very relieved to hear Finn and Maggie are doing well, now you can relax and enjoy the holiday. :clap:

Jimmianne, so glad things are falling into place with the adjoining property! I'm sorry to read about your travel worries - I would take the train, it will be a hassle but at least all you have to do is sit there! Although I know you have to make several changes and it's going to be a pain. It's just hard predicting how you and DD will be feeling at that point. Hopefully you and dd can brainstorm today and figure out the best way to go about this. What are her thoughts about it?

LLJsmom, sounds like your father is feeling better and I'm so glad. Also sounds like you have a better handle on his treatment - I'm continuing to keep him in my thoughts, I know this is stressful for you. Looking forward to hearing what you think about the earrings, I hope they turn out to be good quality and that you love them. Sounds like dh is recovering from surgery and doing ok, that's great! Thanks for the heads-up about the BN sale, wow, those are great prices.

Guess I'll sign off for now, still a little more cleaning to do but I think I'm in the homestretch here - see you all later!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDIs!

Kristie, I agree anything with cherries on top has got to be good.

LLJsmom, I am anxious to hear what you think of the earrings for your mom. A few people where I work have standing desks then they started getting a lot of requests so now there is actually a committee that have to approve it and you need a doctor’s not which doesn’t assure you’ll get it. I was honestly considering getting an EC band like that instead of my ACA diamond but Marty pointed out to me since it was a special purchase I should get the ACA diamond because I would wear it every day. I can’t say I’m sorry but one of those EC bands are definitely on my wish list. Your supper sounds good and that is great DH felt up to cooking.

Jimmianne, I was drooling over that asscher band as well. I keep hoping I’ll win the lottery. I NIRDI bake sale is a great idea. You and Missy can be the tasters. We could find diamond shaped cookie cutters. Congratulations for signing last night to buy the property next door. I think it sounds like a good idea for you. Are you still enjoying your Apple watch? I am delighted to hear you have a good vet that you trust and takes such good care of your horses.

Missy, I looked to see if your banged up eye showed. Is it better? Yes, it’s true. When I am getting text from my employees I usually start with “What now?” Cheesecake and cherries work for breakfast. It has eggs, cheese and fruit. That is great you have friends of different ages; I do too. Sometimes you just click with people regardless of their age.

Junebug, I sure wish I had an easy answer about taking care of your mom; I can only offer my ear and unsolicited advice of “here this is what I’d do”. Vent away! I hate to hear your mom isn’t doing great overall. You guys have actually helped me out this year; it is nice to have someone to talk to when I am having a rough time. Enjoy your week at home and having some of both of your families in for Thanksgiving.

My busy day at the office zipped by. I went out at lunch and turned in 2 fleece jackets to have a Killer Rabbit Casino poker chip image embroidered on them. He can’t guarantee they’ll be done by Christmas. Rats. If they turn out well I will get a hat and golf shirt done as well.

We went out for supper since this might the last nice day we have for awhile. More snow and freezing drizzle is coming tomorrow. Boo!

Have a great evening and day tomorrow.

Marcy

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Marcy, those jackets sound wonderful. I hope they turn out great just the way you want them.

So, I found some happy antique pear earrings for us...
we could get these if eveyone on PS chipped in :roll:
shopping__1_.jpg

and... Would be happy with any of these!

1387754803_20_1_5148__1_of_2_.jpg

il_570xn_158.jpg

images_29.jpg

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good morning girls! Happy Thanksgiving Day Eve!

Junie, I'm hoping your sister is having a good visit with your mom and getting her nearer to the idea of changing scenery at least for a while by going to stay with her. It's nice that they are spending time together right now and giving you a bit of a breather getting ready for the holidays and all. I am so sorry your mother is not doing great health wise and I am keeping her in my thoughts and sending lots of healing vibes and good wishes her way. Don't worry about keeping up re texting-I cannot keep up either LOL and frequently have to go offline just to come back to over 100 texts. Literally I woke up to 104 text messages I missed the other night LOL. And FWIW your "new" avatar is my favorite to date. Zoe is a beautiful baby!

Hope you are done cleaning. I barely started LOL. My eye is feeling much better thank you for asking! Still cannot wear eye makeup but that's OK. I am happy it looks like it is finally getting better.

It seems the NIRDIs are split on which pair of earrings that I posted are the prettiest. The Edwardian pair is very lovely but I wonder if it is to similar to my other earrings. I have so many similar earrings because I like what I like. How's that for making sense. 8)

Always here for you to listen Junie and offer advice if I can. Sending you big holiday hugs!

Marcy, I am glad yesterday went quickly and smoothly for you at work. I'm with you re the bad weather coming your way Boo! We are supposed to have decent weather tomorrow and Friday and I hope your weather behaves itself too. Lucky for you the truck didn't sell for that EC band or Marty might be in a bad mood for the holidays. We'll see what comes up next in the bling sales as you never know... :naughty: It's funny when I was younger many of my friends were older and now that I am older many of my friends are younger though I certainly have a good mix of all ages I would say. Remember when we used to be the youngest people in the room? LOL those days are gone. Soon we might be the oldest. With any luck with age comes wisdom. Still waiting to feel like an adult. :bigsmile:

Just realized that in that photo I posted yesterday it is almost 4 generations as R is 9 months pregnant. Haha love that.

Jimmianne, that first pair you posted is gorgeous though probably too heavy weight wise and I know too expensive for my pocketbook. And we couldn't all share because our own Ms Kristie does not have pierced ears! I am not a big fan of rose cut diamonds except as accents and then only small accents. While I appreciate their beauty in their own right I still prefer the sparkle and brightness of the other cuts over the rose cut if that makes sense. I do appreciate the romantic feel of the rose cut diamond but it looks (to me) too much like glass and is too expensive to pay for diamond glass. IMO only. I have seen lovely rose cut diamonds but again prefer it as the accent vs the main attraction. Those last earrings you posted though are really lovely and are tempting despite being rose cut OMG. Jimmianne, I cannot fall in love with another diamond cut no no no. :lol:

I am glad you made your decision re the traveling plan and I am sure it will work out well. I know you and your DD will be super careful and I am confident you will remain safe and alert. It was a no win decision really and you made the smartest one for you both. Now you can sit back and relax and enjoy Thanksgiving. What are your plans for Thanksgiving?

Kristie and Callie, so sorry about my stupid allergy attack yesterday. OMG it lasted for 5 hours. I took a claritin and an allegra and added a chlortrimeton right before bed and finally it calmed down. So sorry about my blowing my nose yesterday all during the conversation and my stuffed up self. I was so uncomfortable and never had an allergy attack last so long during one stretch before. I cannot imagine what set it off. I am feeling a bit uncomfortable right now as I type this and sure hope it doesn't start again as I have to go to work today and cannot be blowing my nose and sneezing all day. WTH. The good news is I slept hard because I was so exhausted from all the energy devoted to breathing yesterday haha so I didn't need to take anything else to help me sleep. Will keep you posted re that Kristie. Thanks again.

Kristie, who's working more steps as monitored by the Fitbit? You or Bob so far? OMG so wish Greg and I could join you and Bob in California! That is the best place to go during our winter time IMO. You will have a great time!

Did you find that link I sent you helpful at all? I haven't had time to reread it and it has been years since I last read it so I don't remember if there is much useful info in it but I hope you found it interesting at least and maybe a little bit helpful.

What did (if anything) you buy last night Kristie?! Don't leave a NIRDI hanging. :rodent: Spill the beans or in this case the bling pretty please. :appl:

Callie, I know you are excited about watching your sweet grandniece this weekend and I hope she continues to get much better!
Enjoy that nice weather you are having right now.

LLJsmom, hoping your dh and dad continue improving. Please keep us posted. Thinking of you guys.

OK girls enjoy a great Thanksgiving Day Eve!

azstonie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
HA! Peggy talked me and my VISA off the buying ledge. I was really wanting some Blue Nile sale bling :lol:

Bob has been beating me with the FitBit which is really annoying because he works all day and I'm here at home! I get out and powerwalk 4000 steps first thing in the morning; my goal is to work that up gradually: 4500, 5000, 5500, etc. He really likes his standing desk. I'm going to get him the treadmill for it, you walk at a slow trudge but you burn an amazing amount of calories, I guess its like a controlled fidget (people who fidget have better metabolisms than comatose couch potatoes like me!).

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Thanksgiving. I am being extorted.

imageuploadedbytapatalkhd1448514800.jpg

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm glad the first pair of earrings I posted look too heavy. With that in mind I will not be getting them. Yes, too heavy... they weighed in at $650,000.

Happy Thanksgiving everyone! May we all have a great day.
Missy, My dd and I are going to a Thanksgiving dinner at a local pub that does a very good job of serving up a home-cooked style dinner. Up until yesterday we didn't have a plan as she is recovering from the flu. We spent the afternoon yesterday lying on her couches watching sit-coms : ) It's an amazing luxury to have her home.

What's up with those pesky rabbits?! Isn't there some kind of boot-camp they can be sent to to get them out of your hair over the holiday?

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HAPPY THANKSGIVING GIRLS!!!

Jimmianne, I am glad your DD is feeling better. The flu really knocks you out and glad she is almost all well again. Just out of curiosity did she get the flu vaccination this year? I am wondering if they got it all wrong again. No matter now she is well enough to enjoy a lovely pub thanksgiving with her mother. :appl: :appl: :appl:

Those earrings are 650K OMG. Well you can console yourself knowing they are way too heavy for our earlobes. Not worth it! Do you like that second pair (Edwardian) I posted the other day from Lang's? I am debating it but it is more than I wanted to spend. What do you think? Worth the $$$ or too similar to what I already have? Once I buy earrings that will be it for a long while if they are at that price point which is OK with me but not sure it is worth the money. Girls, feel free to weigh in. I know June said she loved the Edwardian pair and I think LLJsmom did too. But Kristie, Callie, Jimmianne, Sunstorm (would save you trying to find me a pair of pears haha) what are your thoughts? Will repost here.

Kristie, please read what I texted you this morning when you wake up. I think that is the best way to go. Fingers crossed.

Callie, how are your allergies doing this morning? So far I am OK. That was the weirdest thing.

LLJsmom, love all the bling and love that necklace. Please repost on the bigger screen if you are OK with that as I would love to share it with all the NIRDIs and also see it on the bigger screen. What a great deal for the necklace and those huggie earrings are nice. :love:

Are you spending Thanksgiving at home this year with your family? Or going to friends to celebrate? What is on the menu? Do you guys have holiday plans to go anywhere when the kids are home from school? I cannot believe the winter holidays are almost upon us. Wow it goes super fast. One more week till your full marathon I think. I bet you are getting excited about that and breaking your record. :appl:

Marcy, I know I have said this before but I cherish you and your wonderful sense of humor. You make me laugh so hard (you and Ms Kristie) and I love you girls for it. No matter the mood you can lift it for me. Thank you! And like I said sell your house, buy the bling and you and Marty can come stay with us at our beach house. My home is your home and I am sure Greg wouldn't mind the help cooking and baking. :lickout: :lickout: :lickout: And even those money extorting killer bunnies are welcome. We will keep them in line no worries. I know I seem sweet but I can be quite the strict disciplinarian if it is needed. :devil:

Sunstorm, I know you are not celebrating thanksgiving but wishing you a good holiday season and sending hugs your way.

June, are you all ready for thanksgiving? I cannot wait but lots to do and I slept really late this AM. Greg is such a sweetie. He has done all the cooking and baking and now he is cleaning all the windows and vacuuming. Not sure how I got so lucky. I really don't and I am so grateful and thankful which are appropriate thoughts for the holidays.

Sending you, your mom, your dh and your children and all the NIRDIs and their families much love and many hugs and good wishes for a happy and healthy year ahead!!!

Rainwood, sending pie your (and Nina's) way. :wavey: Happy holidays!

FYI the pics are from last night with the pies taken right from the oven. The pumpkin pie pic is still shiny/wet looking because it had just come out of the oven. Looks better now and I will try to remember to take a pic later. Bling and pie. A delicious combination. :lickout: :love:

appleandpumpkinfreshoutofovenlastnight.jpg

appleandminiapplepie.jpg

langedwardiandangleearrings.jpg

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

Missy, yes, I finally wrapped up the cleaning, although I guess I could have kept going lol. But at least the house looks better than it did. I'm determined to keep up with it, at least until Christmas ha!

You know what, it did cross my mind a little that the earrings are a similar style to ones you have, but IMO they are still different and that is what you like lol. I have realized that I'm not good at being objective about bling and if someone loves something I think they should get it! I am such an enabler. But I stand by my opinion that they are beautiful and if you really love them you should get them :cheeky: BUT if you are having any reservations then hold off, I learned that lesson last Christmas. :nono:

SO sweet of Greg to do the cleaning and cooking, my goodness, the man's a prince! He is a great guy, and you deserve a great guy because you are so wonderful too. The pies look amazing!

Marcy, thanks for the comforting words, it's nice to know there's a place we can go to vent when we need to. I'm keeping my fingers crossed Marty's present is ready in time for Christmas, it's such a good idea. Can't lie, I'm enjoying spending some extra time at home. The pic of the rabbits made me actually laugh out loud! They are such bad bunnies.

Jimmianne, I'm glad to hear you've come to a decision about your transportation issue - yeah, sounds like the train would be a big hassle. No perfect answer but sounds like you are doing the best thing. I love all the earrings you posted, although I'm with missy in that I think I prefer more of a sparkle in diamonds. They're amazing eye candy though, that's for sure. And boo to bling being so darn expensive! Happens to me all the time - I'll see a pic and say ooooh pretty and then look at the price and do this ;( But I agree that those earrings would be too heavy anyway! :Up_to_something: I'm glad dd is feeling better and I love your plans - I'm a fan of keeping things simple these days. So glad you're having a good visit with dd.

Kristie, I just want to tell you I think it's so awesome that you and Bob are doing so well with being more active. I just know it's really hard, my favorite thing to do is sit lol. It's a good thing Callie was advising you and not me re the bling purchase…going by my above comments, I would have said to buy the bling! I know, I'm awful :oops: I just love all things sparkly and I want my nirdis to be happy :halo: But I'm glad she was the voice of reason and was able to help you make the right decision!

LLJsmom, hope you have a wonderful day with your family!

Sunstorm, hope all is well, I'm thinking of you!

Have a great day everyone!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Thanksgiving NIRDIs!

I am thankful I have you wonderful ladies to visit with about bling and life.

Jimmianne, the earrings you found are fabulous. I think that first pair looks heavy but WOW! And now that I see the price I am glad you decided to pass on us buying them. They are pretty though. It sounds like you and your DD are having a great time while she is home. Enjoy your dinner out. Good idea to send those pesky and ill mannered rabbits to boot camp. I am glad your daughter is feeling better.

Missy, LOL you woke up to 104 text messages. I am delighted to hear your eye is getting better. Yes I think Marty would be upset with me if I sold the truck or house to buy a stunning, gorgeous, well deserved EC ring but then where would my bears live and how could Marty drive me to work in the truck on snowy days? I am definitely most often the oldest person in the room but people thing I am younger than I am; must be my maturity level. Glad to hear you’d put those money extorting rabbits in their place. I’m out $28 so far and 4 rabbits have money from me.

Kristie, LOL at being talked off the bling ledge. I almost can’t walk out of a jewelry store without buying something. A fool and their money - need I say more? Rats that Bob is whining with his Fitbit. Marty’s Apple watch records all of his fitness stuff. Glad I don’t have one to compare with him; I’d lose.

Junebug, the best part about house work; it will wait for you. I know it’s always a nice sense of accomplishment to get some of it done though. I hope they get the jackets done for us by Christmas too. I am so bad I usually blab half of Marty’s surprises to him before Christmas. I think I’ll get some customized golf balls for him. I ordered him some dark chocolate covered cherries and some Guinness potato chips today for his stocking. I am delighted to hear the picture of the extortion rabbits made you laugh. Marty says they are saving money for a bear trap.

Marty got up about 6 and decided it looked pretty nasty out there so when I got up he said we weren’t going to Denver. I’m not going to lie; it didn’t break my heart. We made homemade dinner rolls, we have some sliced / seasoned baked potatoes baking now (you slice them think and put oil, seasonings and whatever else you want inside then bake). We’ll have some filet with them. Since we have 15 cheesecakes in the freezer I think we are good on desserts. Ha!

We both devoured a few hot rolls when they came out of the oven. They always sound like a pain to bake but they really aren’t that hard. We did butter horn style and let’s say I should cut the little circle of dough up next time, the rolls range in size from mini loaves to gumdrops. They all taste the same though.

Hi to Callie, Sunstorm, LLSsmom, Sharon and other NIRDI regulars and pop-ins.

Take care.
Marcy

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I hope everyone had a REALLY good Thanksgiving!

We had a memorable pub dinner outside near a fountain and a fireplace under the stars with a big moon rising. We practiced our French and I am happy to report that my dd is now good enough to make me feel confident that we can navigate the smallest non-English-speaking village. I was driving a long way home, so I took my glass of wine home [stole the glass, must return] and had wine & pumpkin pie while watching NCIS.

Marcy, thank you again so much for the collages. You made a beautiful thing for us.

Missy, I am going to be bad, so you may not want to read any further :naughty:
I think if you find some earrings you really love, even if they feel over-bud you should get them. I hear what you are saying about buying things that are similar, so maybe get something a little different? Although I can also see that having a collection of vintage earrings of a certain era is also an appealing way to go. Please keep posting photos. :appl: It's the bling that makes us sing haha

ps.I got a little vintage rose-cut band online which I think is arriving today. Now I can see if I like rose-cuts. They always look so wonderful in vendor photos, but maybe IRL they are an aquired taste.

I am thinking of you all this morning with gratitude that you are in my life! "Rock" on NIRDIs!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good morning girls! I hope everyone enjoyed a marvelous holiday yesterday.

Marcy, your day worked out perfectly! Yay spending the holiday just the 2 of you enjoying yummy food and cheesecake minis. And double yay for not having to travel under inclement conditions.

Jimmianne, so glad you had a lovely time with your DD. Another perfect Thanksgiving.

Hoping to hear from everyone else about how their day went.

We had a good time and ate too much. It was great weather so first we took a short walk when family arrived and then we went back to eat hot d'oeuvres while the turkey was cooking. Talking about thanksgiving cries out for pics so here they are. First the food and then the people.

img_9935.jpg

img_9936.jpg

img_9940.jpg

img_9941.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results