color
clarity

#JOTW Acinom's colors

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Acinom|1446912408|3946629 said:
Whahahaha!
picante: I have decided to postpone the start of my stone buying ban until the end of this year. I am working on some more blue-green temptation before the ban begins. Alas, it also means the start of my setting-ban and thus BIG BAN will postponed a little.

Mmm, what you said in your post resonates with me: I can totally see the stone in yellow gold. I just cannot envision this particular setting in YG. Perhaps because I love it so much in platinum.
Thanks for sharing your insights!
All these insights and visions are so helpful in this process. I think I can make a decision this weekend.

You know your ban might be more successful if you turned it into a "cutback"

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
hooray for band postponing! :appl: I love seeing your amazing projects and following along :)

Also, this ring I found on Lang's made me think of you immediately with your gorgeous bypass ring.

1445885554_30_1_7238__1_of_5__hires.jpg 1445885556_30_1_7238__5_of_5__hires.jpg

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
niel, lovinggems and lovedogs :lol:
Gorgous rings lovedogs! Great inspiration. It indeed reminds me of my own blue and pink sapphire set.

BAN BREAKING EPISODE -beautiful blue zircon by Chris Auletta
Whoops! Did it again!
Chris Auletta posted beautiful zircons on FB. And one will be mine! Dan Stair has just finished recutting the pavilions and Chris will receive the stones on Monday. He has not received any post-recut pics yet.

_812.jpeg

_813.jpeg

_814.jpeg

_815.jpeg

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The zircon will be set by Alistair Kelsey
Dimensions have probably remained 10 x 8.7 mm as only the pavilion has been recut.
I have discovered zircon via PS and my PS friend Arkieb. I have one blue zircon ring in a VC 3-sided halo and I love it. I am so looking forward to see this zircon oval with my own eyes. I will not see it before it is set however. Chris Auletta's stone will be set in a beautiful setting with side baguettes by Alistair Kelsey.

_816.jpeg

_817.jpeg

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
:silenced: :silenced: :silenced:

DK :bigsmile:

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
dk: look who is (not) talking :lol: :lol: :lol:

BAN BREAKING EPISODE - altered wedding band
My wedding band was set with lots of gypsy set diamonds all around. Sadly, I managed to damage a lot of stones. I reused the diamonds and had a 'new' band made with the original WG and had 4 sapphires set in it: one for each family member. The smaller bands have the names of my kids engraved. I love wearing this band and set during holidays and active weekends.
The renewed band was made by Elsbeth from L*sieraden who also made my CS stackers.

As I am more into CS compared to diamonds, I love the outcome.

_819.jpeg

_820.jpeg

_821.jpeg

_822.jpeg

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
BAN BREAKING EPISODE - small elongated tourmaline by Doug Menadue...
Also, Doug Menadue from Bespoke Gems is currently cutting a tourmaline for me. Expected dimensions are 10x5 mm.
I am so looking forward to see the outcome!
Here is the rough:

_823.jpeg

_824.jpeg

_825.jpeg

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
the Doug Menadue tourmaline will be set in the 'Floret' setting by Alistair Kelsey

I love love love Alistair Kelsey's work. I love the clean and elegant designs. Alistair will make a design for the shank once the tourmaline is ready.

_826.jpeg

_827.jpeg

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow Acinom! You have been busy with some great projects! I love your wedding band update, and think it's so meaningful the way you've set it with a stone for each family member + having your children's names engraved in the other bands. So sweet. Also excited about the Alastair Kelsey projects! I've admired his work for a while, and if I do ever get something done with him (one of my 2016 goals), it will be in that type of design as well. Can't wait to follow along with these! :appl: :appl:

theredspinel

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Wow Acinom you have the most gorgeous gorgeous gems! I'm utterly besotted with your new blue zircon and if I didn't have my sights set on an aqua right now I would be forced to get a blue zircon after your pics!

This forum is so dangerous and I know I need to leave to save myself but is that gonna happen? Hell no.

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
lovedogs|1448134031|3952525 said:
Wow Acinom! You have been busy with some great projects! I love your wedding band update, and think it's so meaningful the way you've set it with a stone for each family member + having your children's names engraved in the other bands. So sweet. Also excited about the Alastair Kelsey projects! I've admired his work for a while, and if I do ever get something done with him (one of my 2016 goals), it will be in that type of design as well. Can't wait to follow along with these! :appl: :appl:

Aww, thank you for your kind words lovedogs.
It's so reassuring to read that you are a fan of his work as well! I hope you will work with him in 2016!
Will keep you updated. :wavey:

_828.jpeg

_829.jpeg

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
theredspinel|1448134983|3952529 said:
Wow Acinom you have the most gorgeous gorgeous gems! I'm utterly besotted with your new blue zircon and if I didn't have my sights set on an aqua right now I would be forced to get a blue zircon after your pics!

This forum is so dangerous and I know I need to leave to save myself but is that gonna happen? Hell no.

You are so kind theredspinel. I love your red spinel which is red as a ruby!! Hopefully you will find your ideal Aqua as well.
After the pavilion recut, gem cutter Dan Stair told Chris Auletta (the vendor) that the blue zircons now look quite similar like twin stones. And one of the stones is available, so in case you decide to look for a zircon first, you could contact Chris Auletta :naughty:

The CS forum is indeed a dangerous place to be!

_830.jpeg

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Acinom|1448143595|3952576 said:
theredspinel|1448134983|3952529 said:

You are so kind theredspinel. I love your red spinel which is red as a ruby!! Hopefully you will find your ideal Aqua as well.
After the pavilion recut, gem cutter Dan Stair told Chris Auletta (the vendor) that the blue zircons now look quite similar like twin stones. And one of the stones is available, so in case you decide to look for a zircon first, you could contact Chris Auletta :naughty:

The CS forum is indeed a dangerous place to be!

Yes, I hope someone from PS gets the other stone! Chris was kind enough to let me know about it being available, as I had inquired after seeing Acinom's first one from him (the one going in the Green Lake setting), but sadly I don't have the funds right now, so I'm hoping to live vicariously through one of you all :)

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock
Acinom I love your new additions. The wedding band remake is very special and meaningful.
The floret design is lovely! Do you mind if I consider it for my blue topaz suite?

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
lovedogs: more zircons will certainly come along and the right one will be there for you.

lovinggems: thank you for your kind words! And ooh! The Floret design would be amazing for your beautiful dew drop blue suite! Definitely something to consider.
I love about PS that we are inspiring each other with specific cuts, stones, pearls and jewelry designs.

Chris received a photo from Dan Stair. I know from the 'peaock' stone experience that Dan's photo's are hard to read, but I will share for the faceting.
The blue in the middle is mine. I have opted for the greenish one on the left as well if it is not too similar to the peacock stone. Yes... I might have 2 zircons from Chris Auletta:twisted:. (Lovedogs: you probably originally opted for either the one on the right or the one on the left? Chris will have more in the future so I am sure you will get your ideal stone). The greenish on the left and the blue in the middle were cut with Portuguese style pavilions. The blue the right (which is available) has a modified brilliant pavilion.

The left greenish one is 4.37ct and the middle is 5.61. The blue on the far right is 4.83ct.
Chris will snap pics once he has received them on Monday. Looking forward to see his pics!!

_831.jpeg

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Would normally not combine these but today I wanted to see how the sapphires combine:

_834.jpeg

_835.jpeg

_836.jpeg

_837.jpeg

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think you should wear them together more often! They look beautiful together!

Also, thanks Acinom for the kind words. I am sure I will find a zircon from Chris that I love at a time I can afford it :) Until then I'll enjoy your sparklies!

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The Alistair pieces are fantastic! :appl:

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock
The sapphire ring and band combo is amazing, the colour of the sapphire just pops.
In Dan's zircon photo, the colour is pretty different from Chris', do you know which is more accurate?
Thanks Acinom for the floret inspiration and it's very gracious of you to share the design with me. I like your description - dew drop blue suite! I'm looking for a pair of non-pierced huggies right now and if I find it I can ask Alistair to make earring charms with the small pair.

mochiko42

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm a bit late to the party.. but did I hear "BAN POSTPONED"?? :naughty:

Acinom, you have been a busy bee! what a treasure trove of lovely pieces you have been working on lately. I can't wait to see the finished peacock ring (that zircon is aaaaammmaazing!).

I am saving up for some diamond items + setting my existing CS, so no more purchases for me for a while. Although, there is a big jewelry and gem show in Hong Kong this week. :cheeky:

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
lovedogs: to my surprise I love the combo as well. Different styles but the colours come to together so well and it makes the blue pop!
It will be worth it to save for the right stone and when the time is right you will be extra happy with it.

Chrono: Alistair is super talented and is seems to be such a friendly person.

Lovinggems: yay for the charms! Alistair creates such beautiful pieces and his pricing is affordable, also due to the current exchange rate.
I will wear the sapphire combo again today!
Dan's photo's are not accurate in terms of colour. I posted the pics because of the faceting. See the example below with the peacock stone. Chris will send me realistic pics today when he receives the stones back.

mochiko: stone buying bans are great for saving up and concentrating on setting stones. Just like you I am almost there with my ban :lol: . Enjoy the HK show. Thank you for your kind words on the peacock stone! Will have the setting made in the beginning of 2016.

_845.jpeg

_847.jpeg

_848.jpeg

_849.jpeg

picante27

Shiny_Rock
Acinom, you have lots of exciting projects in the works! I really love your sapphire band, it is so classic and beautiful!

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
picante27|1448302306|3953174 said:
Acinom, you have lots of exciting projects in the works! I really love your sapphire band, it is so classic and beautiful!

Thank you for your kind words picante :wavey: I enjoy wearing the band.

Chris informed that the stones were posted by Dan on Monday so it might take a while before he receives them, since Thanksgiving is Thursday. Looking forward to see his pics.

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock
Thanks for the new photos, I like it regardless it's more green blue, looking forward you new ring!

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lovinggems|1448357118|3953496 said:
Thanks for the new photos, I like it regardless it's more green blue, looking forward you new ring!

Thanks Lovinggems :wavey: The last pics show the peacock green zircon. I've posted these to show the colour difference between Dan's pics and other (more realistic?) pics. I expect the real life pics of the new stones by the end of this week hopefully.
I am looking forward to work with Alistair. I love his designs.

When are you planning to set your suite of dew drop blues?

apacherose

Brilliant_Rock
Acinom, you have been busy!

Your blue zircon is beautiful. I am excited about your long tourmaline- and the Alistair projects are going to be stunning.

I actually love your band and sapphire ring together, too. The sapphires you chose are lovely; you really have the eye for blues.

Thank you for sharing, I love following along :)

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
You are always so nice apacherose. Thank you for the kind words. :wavey: I love your new tour by Ryan Quantz :love: :love:
:love:
Mine has just been cut by Doug!

GREEN TOURMALINE UPDATE
Doug Menadue from Bespoke Gems has just finalized the cutting of the tourmaline. I love the 2-tone ecfect: on one end a soft and delicate green, moving to firm green on the other end. Wish I could see it with my own eyes!!!

The specs: Bicolour Tourmaline, Emerald Cut, 11.58x5.62x4.67mm, 2.79ct
It came out a little bigger than expected. Looking forward to let Alistair do his magic on the setting.

_863.jpeg

_864.jpeg

_865.jpeg

_866.jpeg

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Some more pics:

_867.jpeg

_868.jpeg

_869.jpeg

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congrats on your new tourmaline, but your sapphire :clap: :clap: :clap: and your new band - visual perfection!!!!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results