shape
carat
color
clarity

#TBT Penelope, 5ct Early Round Brilliant Diamond in a New Ring!

nala

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Re: Penelope, 5ct Early Round Brilliant Diamond in a New Rin

Love...love...love your ring. Do you wear it with a band? If so, can you post pictures? Pretty please....

Tourmaline

Ideal_Rock
Trade

nala|1420913600|3814583 said:
Love...love...love your ring. Do you wear it with a band? If so, can you post pictures? Pretty please....

Thanks! I have tried bands with it, but I wear it by itself. I wear a couple of bands on my right hand. Here are a bunch of pictures of the band I was intending to wear with it:

[URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/steven-kirsch-ruby-eternity-band.208580/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/steven-kirsch-ruby-eternity-band.208580/[/URL]

Tourmaline

Ideal_Rock
Trade

I just took this photo and I love the colors and glow. :)

ring-march2015.jpg

pregcurious

Ideal_Rock

Wow, 5 carats of blingy goodness. i love it as a solitaire.

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium

It's beautiful! [understatement]
and I love the photo of your hand with your Mom's. Very sweet.

azstonie

Ideal_Rock
Premium

5 ct?

More IS more!!!

I love the reset, no need to fuss around with melee when you have a *5* carater on your finger!!!

BTW, love your pics and I especially love FIRE shots and you sure have some fantastic fire shots!

Enjoy and wear a very long time! :clap:

Tourmaline

Ideal_Rock
Trade

Thanks, pregcurious, Jimmianne and azstonie! Here are two fire shots I took today.

image_3115.jpg

image_3116.jpg

azstonie

Ideal_Rock
Premium

You have the most fire shots!!!! We're not worthy!!!!!

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Ah, your last pics :love: :love: :love:
I always love this thread popping up. Great fire shots Tourmaline and I am so glad that your beautiful stone has found its home in this beautiful solitaire setting.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Love Penelope in this setting! Makes all the difference. :love: Her beauty just shines through! :appl:

Tourmaline

Ideal_Rock
Trade

Thanks Acinom and missy! I always love it when your ring threads pop up again, too! Also missy, I check out your NIRDI thread every now and then and wish I had been a part of it all this time! If there is a private FB group, please let me know (I have listings on loupetroop with username Amethyst).

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Tourmaline|1425736670|3843300 said:
Thanks Acinom and missy! I always love it when your ring threads pop up again, too! Also missy, I check out your NIRDI thread every now and then and wish I had been a part of it all this time! If there is a private FB group, please let me know (I have listings on loupetroop with username Amethyst).

Tourmaline, please come and join us. We are not cliquey by any means and everyone is welcome! We don't have a fb group but do share our emails etc with each other. I will message you on loupe troop and please come and hang out with us in the NIRDI thread. It would be so nice having you there with us. :wavey:

azstonie

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Yes, come hang! Love to see ya there!

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Somehow I wandered into the 5ct thread [eek! I should not have gone there!] and ended up here again, having a great time looking at Penelope. Wonderful that you're excited and enjoying taking photos even after the initial rush of meeting her. She is one of a kind and lovely to look at, even through the eye of a camera & on a computer screen. She must totally blow you away in person : )

Tourmaline

Ideal_Rock
Trade

Jimmianne|1426770034|3849469 said:
Somehow I wandered into the 5ct thread [eek! I should not have gone there!] and ended up here again, having a great time looking at Penelope. Wonderful that you're excited and enjoying taking photos even after the initial rush of meeting her. She is one of a kind and lovely to look at, even through the eye of a camera & on a computer screen. She must totally blow you away in person : )

When the thrill starts to wear off, I take off the ring for a few days, and then I am excited to put it back on. :)

It has finally gotten sunny here in the northeast!

image_3334.jpg

image_3335.jpg

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Just amazing :sun:

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Just read your post about resetting in RG Tourmaline. Is it for Penelope or a different stone?

Tourmaline

Ideal_Rock
Trade

Acinom|1448296650|3953121 said:
Just read your post about resetting in RG Tourmaline. Is it for Penelope or a different stone?

It is, indeed, for this one. I'm so fickle!

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Ooh! I loved this ring. But it's good to follow your heart and Penelope will look amazing in a red dress. Who is creating the setting for you?

Tourmaline

Ideal_Rock
Trade

Acinom|1448305840|3953205 said:
Ooh! I loved this ring. But it's good to follow your heart and Penelope will look amazing in a red dress. Who is creating the setting for you?

I loved it, too! But now that I have the band in 18k rose, the platinum solitaire seems cold (gray) to me. I thought about doing the exact same setting, but the prongs are thin and I would worry about the strength. I am having it made by the same company that made the other two solitaire settings for this stone. I'm going for a simple victorian solitaire look. It'll sit higher than it does now, and the bottom will sit nicely next to a band (so I can look married instead of engaged, haha).

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Looking forward to see your new ring! It will look fabulous.

liloette

Rough_Rock

Very much swooning over your second setting. What is the proper name for a setting like that? Basket setting? Also, what are the dimensions of your 5 carat? Curious of the top mm!

Tourmaline

Ideal_Rock
Trade

liloette|1489199767|4139130 said:
Very much swooning over your second setting. What is the proper name for a setting like that? Basket setting? Also, what are the dimensions of your 5 carat? Curious of the top mm!

I would call it an Edwardian style basket setting. My diamond is 11.5mm.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results