shape
carat
color
clarity

A wrong pill is in my Rx bottle.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

CJ2008

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I actually don't disagree with you kenny.

I am saying it that way because part of me says "well, if this was the first mistake, etc., etc. maybe just bring it back and alert them."

But...

You have no way of knowing if this this happening randomly to other people, who either don't know they took a wrong pill, because they didn't check, or they report it and nothing changes (because safety procedures go unchanged or not changed enough) or they just don't say anything because they forget to, etc.

For all the reasons you mention I think it's actually smart to report it to the agency/government.

ETA: and the thought crossed my mind, it could be a malicious person working behind the counter, too, even though that's unlikely and may sound over dramatic. But things do happen...

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think it is a little hasty to go so far over this. *IMO*. It's happened to me once in my entire life. Never to my kids, never to JD, and honestly, I can think of maaaaybe a couple other times I've heard someone say it happened. We switched pharmacies afterward and when people would ask, b/c people are nosy, and we're in the Midwest and it's boring and there's nothing to do but talk--yes we are *that* lame of a people haha--"I had to stop by the pharmacy yesterday and saw so and so" "Oh I haven't seen her in forever. What pharmacy do you go to?" There's two. :rolleyes: :lol: I would tell them "we were at X but they messed up my prescriptions once and were dicks about it so we switched to Y" "Or really? Yeah we don't go there anymore either b/c they're just rude" and then we'd talk about what they did w/the pills and how some of them look so damn similar blah blah..

There never has been and never will be, Jesus behind the counter of any pharmacy. There's not a person on this planet who hasn't made a mistake, and there's not a person on this planet who could do a job and *not* screw something up at some point. I think the pharmacy is the first place to report. The way the gov't works, they'd go oh yeah uh huh gosh wow yeah we'll toooootally fix this mmmhhhmmm yep. And then file it under "someday". Then the pharmacy doesn't know. And then the pharmacy can't look into anything and they can't possibly find out they have an employee mucking shit up or find out it was a random mistake. You can't fix what you don't know about.

iluvshinythings

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
A pharmacy tried to kill me too. I had a kidney stone and the ER doctor gave me a couple of prescriptions from a pharmacy that I don't normally use. It took them 36 hours to fill my scripts even though they are a 24 hr pharmacy. When they finally did, one of the bottles said take 11 pills daily. (the medicine was Flomax). Luckily, I have common sense and the ER sent me home with written instructions and I didn't take 11 pills as instructed by the pharmacist. I called the pharmacy and raised nine kinds of hell. They refunded my money, which wasn't the point, and called several times to check on me.

A different time I ran out of one of my meds too soon. It's a one pill a day medication and I get all my regular meds filled at the same time. I called the pharmacy and the pharmacist accused me of taking too many and when I explained that I didn't, asked me if I kept my meds locked up in a safe. I was livid and had to call the doctor's office for an emergency supply. A few days later the pharmacist called me back like we had never talked before and told me that they didn't have the full amount in stock when I originally picked up my meds and that they had the rest ready for me.

I'm just glad I had the common sense to not take 11 of anything. I've been paranoid ever since and now I count and check my pills each month.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results