shape
carat
color
clarity

Stunning piece of art from David Klass

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
It has literally been years since I've been inspired to post one of my projects here.....but this David Klass work of art has done the trick.

Living within driving distance of NYC, I've been fortunate to have access to a wide range of settings. I've done a few custom projects for diamonds, but colored stones are a different thing altogether. I've seen firsthand how much a setting can impact a colored stone's appearance - the right setting brings it to life, while the wrong setting (though beautiful on its own) can flatten and detract from it.

From that experience, I've always felt really strongly that I want to see my stones in settings before committing. I never thought I could get past that try custom for my gemstones, but after seeing some of the gemstone pieces David has made for other PSers, I decided to take a chance.

I am SO glad that I did; this ring is a piece of art. It fits perfectly, the proportions of the setting to the stone are spot-on, and his craftsmanship is exquisite. This setting manages to showcase my stone while still commanding attention in its own right. Better still, it's unlike anything else I own.

I found him incredibly intuitive and very easy to work with, but I'm pretty laid back when it comes to jewelry. I've walked around with stones unset for more than a year waiting to find the right setting, so I'm pretty chill within reason and don't need it now-now-now. I also had a good feel for what I wanted, so we covered that pretty well in a single phone call and then I left him to get it done. I think this made me a fairly well-matched client for him since internet work isn't his primary bread and butter - he's got plenty to do already!

His turnaround was great, and the lighted ring box was an added delight - it's clear he cares about showcasing his attention to detail.

I'm proud to own one of his pieces. :)

20151108-img_0.jpg

20151108-img_1.jpg

aac2013

Shiny_Rock
WOW, stunning ring design and equally gorgeous stone! Looks fantastic on your finger.

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Alj, I love this SO much. The use of the marquise in the halo is masterful, and that center stone is - mesmerizing, for lack of a better word. What a color! It's a one-of-a-kind show-stopper, period, full stop. Show us more pics!

thecat

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Wow, that's spectacular :love: :love: ! I haven't seen a halo like this before. Did you give him a detailed outline of your halo or just a few elements and he came up with that halo? I second the call for more photos. :love:

JDDN

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gasp! I love everything about this ring!! :love:

More pictures are a must :bigsmile: .

_lovesvintage_

Brilliant_Rock
:love: :love: :love:

More pics definitely required! :)

Rockinruby

Ideal_Rock
Stunning ring! :love: Your stone is absolutely mesmerizing against DK's innovative halo? :clap: Truly one of a kind! Congratulations! :appl:

Sphene

Brilliant_Rock
Stunning he truly is an artiste :appl: and what a beautiful stone good find :love:

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Breathtaking. It's a serious show stopper! :love: :appl:

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That setting really showcases the color of that stone beautifully! I am usually a very symmetrical person but I love that this halo is not - it makes the stone seem to have no definitive outline - gorgeous!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
GORGEOUS. :love: It is a piece of art and I see why you are in love with it. :love:
Please post more pics when you have the time and thank you for sharing it with us. :appl:

pinkjewel

Ideal_Rock
It is a gorgeous ring. I saw this on his Facebook page and I was mesmerized!!! The color of your stone is breathtaking and the setting is unique and stunning!! :love:

kathley

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Wow, beautiful! I would love to see profile pictures!

Lookinagain

Ideal_Rock
Premium
that is beautiful!

acaw2015

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Stunning! It really is a piece of art. I love that particular green too with the white diamonds! I think the shape of the halo enhances the cut of the main stone in a very beautiful way. Simply gorgeous!! Thanks for sharing!! :love: :love: :love:

//aca :wavey:

Veltiesmom

Shiny_Rock
Wow - this is so absolutely gorgeous!!!!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love it! :love: What more can I say?

FancyDiamond

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
This is a masterpiece. I am not a fan of colored stones, but this green stone looks superb in its setting.

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I would love to know more about that gorgeous green stone and also see a picture of the lighted ring box! (what?!)

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium
WOW!!!!!! :love:

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, thanks for sharing!

DK :love:

Asscherhalo_lover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
:appl: It doesn't get much better than that!

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
Circe|1447041703|3947187 said:
Alj, I love this SO much. The use of the marquise in the halo is masterful, and that center stone is - mesmerizing, for lack of a better word. What a color! It's a one-of-a-kind show-stopper, period, full stop. Show us more pics!

Circe and thecat, I wish I could take credit for this design because it is that lovely. I was inspired by another PS buddy who had one of her ovals set this same way (a much larger heart-stopping orange stone), and I literally gasped when I saw her photo. It was so different from most of the usual options that I immediately blurted "well, I'll DEFINITELY be doing that with a stone."

As luck would have it, I ended up in LA on business several weeks later, so I met up with her and another PSer; they took me to David's shop. Not only was she supportive of my imitation, she actually championed me to do it for this stone.

My version is slightly different from hers; hers has more intermingling of milgrained and smoothed lines, where I opted for fully milgrained. Also, her stone was much larger, but the general stone layout and shape configuration is straight up inspired by her lovely ring.

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
A few of you asked for more views/profile shots; these are pictures the vendor sent along as he shipped.

greenmarq4.jpg
greenmarq5.jpg
greenmarq9.jpg

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
Some of the loose stone; the second shows the blue secondary well (sorry for the replication for those of you playing along on the CS board)

img_9823.jpg
img_9824.jpg

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
In low light, the blue really comes into play....

img_9825.jpg

But much of the time, it is such a fireball the camera has a hard time taking it all in........
img_9826.jpg

This is directly from the camera - unedited - with all that swoonable blue
img_9829.jpg

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
A nice backlit hand shot
img_9831.jpg

usnwife

Rough_Rock
Wow. Beautiful ring.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock