shape
carat
color
clarity

Stitch Fix

amc80

Ideal_Rock
Has anyone on here tried Stitch Fix? I'm thinking about giving it a try and I'd love to hear feedback.

star sparkle

Brilliant_Rock
Yep, I've used it and I really like it! I've enjoyed adding pieces and styles to my wardrobe that I never would have picked out for myself but actually look great on me. I will warn you, though, that it can take a couple of Fixes before they're able to hone in on your style and get the sizing right. I sent back the majority of my first two Fixes (I think I only kept one item out of the first two shipments) because either the sizing was off or I just hated the clothes. My third Fix was a home run, and it's been so fun ever since.

amc80

Ideal_Rock
star sparkle|1446586166|3945278 said:
Yep, I've used it and I really like it! I've enjoyed adding pieces and styles to my wardrobe that I never would have picked out for myself but actually look great on me. I will warn you, though, that it can take a couple of Fixes before they're able to hone in on your style and get the sizing right. I sent back the majority of my first two Fixes (I think I only kept one item out of the first two shipments) because either the sizing was off or I just hated the clothes. My third Fix was a home run, and it's been so fun ever since.

What if you love something but the size is wrong? Can you exchange?

CJ2008

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This sounds SO interesting.

So star, do you feel they got your style/look right after a few tries?

What is the quality of the clothing?

(do you think you could post a picture of some the outfits they sent you? Only if you're 100% OK with this - I realize you might have a totally different sense of style then me, but I am just so curious to see what someone else pulled together!)

star sparkle

Brilliant_Rock
amc80|1446587115|3945285 said:
What if you love something but the size is wrong? Can you exchange?

You can ask for a different size, but it's up to chance whether or not they actually have it. I've asked to have an item exchanged for a different size on two separate occasions, and they could only do it for one of the items. The other one they didn't have the size I was asking for, but they sent something they thought was similar (which I hated, lol).

ETA--if they aren't able to exchange, you can also try to find the item yourself online and buy it directly.

star sparkle

Brilliant_Rock
CJ2008|1446589793|3945307 said:
So star, do you feel they got your style/look right after a few tries?

Yes, I do! I would say that if you're going to try it, definitely give it more than one shot because the chances are that the first Fix or two WON'T be to your style. But for every item they send you, they ask you to provide feedback stating what you like or dislike about it. I think the more feedback you give on what you love/hate about each item helps them narrow down your own style.

Funny enough, they got my style so right by my third Fix that they actually sent me a dress that I already owned!

What is the quality of the clothing?

I've been impressed so far! You're also able to select the price range for what you're willing to spend for each category (for example, you can say you're only willing to spend up to $40 or $50 or whatever on a blouse, but you're ok spending up to $60 or $70 on jeans. Or whatever numbers you choose.

I'm always curious about what they send so I often try to find the stuff they sent me online (because I'm curious, but also because they'll price match if you find it somewhere cheaper), and a lot of the things they've sent are brands that Nordstrom and other such stores carry.

(do you think you could post a picture of some the outfits they sent you? Only if you're 100% OK with this - I realize you might have a totally different sense of style then me, but I am just so curious to see what someone else pulled together!)

I personally haven't asked for any complete outfits, per se, though you can certainly do that if that's what you want. Like in my next Fix, I'm going to ask for only shirts/blouses because I feel like I'm really lacking in that department right now so I'd like as many choices as I can get. But for each piece they send, they include a little style card that gives you outfit ideas for that particular piece (like if they send a cardigan, they show you different outfits you could make with the cardigan). I might still have one of those style cards laying around from one of my fixes, I'll see if I can find it when I get home.

One of the things I really like is that you can totally request certain items, or to omit certain items, from each Fix. Or if you have a particular event, you can request something specifically for that. For example, I was going to a lunch party on a yacht this spring and didn't think I had anything appropriate to wear, so I mentioned the event and asked them to send something for it. One of the items they sent in my next Fix was a totally adorable dress that was unfortunately a bit too big (this was like my second shipment, so we didn't have the sizing nailed down quite right yet), but their note said they thought it was perfect for an afternoon on a yacht or some such comment. That's another thing I like - they actually READ your feedback and requests, and you can totally tell they're listening based on the comments they send with each piece.

CJ2008

Ideal_Rock
Premium
telephone89|1446592790|3945338 said:
If you have 5 days, here is a huge thread on them from TheKnot.com. I found this when I was looking and was interested in ordering. I decided not to because I'm SO picky, but I've been toying with the idea again.

http://forums.theknot.com/discussion/1062145/stitchfix-discussion-pics-and-item-details/p1

I am super picky too...but this is so tempting.

Star - thank you so much for answering all my questions! I might actually just have to try this (I kind of love that they HAVE to read and listen to the feedback - it's the only way this business is going to work!)

star sparkle

Brilliant_Rock
telephone89|1446592790|3945338 said:
If you have 5 days, here is a huge thread on them from TheKnot.com. I found this when I was looking and was interested in ordering. I decided not to because I'm SO picky, but I've been toying with the idea again.

http://forums.theknot.com/discussion/1062145/stitchfix-discussion-pics-and-item-details/p1

Yeah, I'm also quite picky and had reservations about trying it! But then I figured hey, if I really hate everything, I'm only out $20. And honestly, $20 lost isn't an amount I'd lose sleep over, so I took the plunge. Even though my first couple of Fixes were only slightly successful, it has drastically improved and I get so much wear out of the pieces I've purchased through them.

amc80

Ideal_Rock
I also like how you can give them the link to your pinterest board so they can really see your style. A quick look at my clothing board would make it pretty obvious as to what I'm looking for.

I'm in the (horrible, long, slow) process of losing baby weight, and I think once I hit a certain mini-goal I'll reward myself with a subscription.

star sparkle

Brilliant_Rock
CJ2008|1446593230|3945340 said:
I am super picky too...but this is so tempting.

Star - thank you so much for answering all my questions! I might actually just have to try this (I kind of love that they HAVE to read and listen to the feedback - it's the only way this business is going to work!)

I hope you do! And if you do, update us on how it goes!

Not only do I love getting to try new things that I wouldn't ordinarily pick out for myself, but you also can't beat the convenience. It gets shipped to you, you get to try the pieces on in your own home, think about it for a few days, and at then package the stuff you're sending back in an envelope they've already provided for you! It really is so easy.

star sparkle

Brilliant_Rock
amc80|1446593386|3945343 said:
I also like how you can give them the link to your pinterest board so they can really see your style. A quick look at my clothing board would make it pretty obvious as to what I'm looking for.

I'm in the (horrible, long, slow) process of losing baby weight, and I think once I hit a certain mini-goal I'll reward myself with a subscription.

I never personally linked them to a Pinterest board, but I can see how that would be super helpful! Maybe it wouldn't have taken so long for them to figure out my style if I had done that.

When you first sign up, they also ask how adventurous you're willing to be with your wardrobe. Ie, how willing are you to try things OUTSIDE of your style. That could be fun someday.

amc80

Ideal_Rock
star sparkle|1446593687|3945348 said:
amc80|1446593386|3945343 said:

I never personally linked them to a Pinterest board, but I can see how that would be super helpful! Maybe it wouldn't have taken so long for them to figure out my style if I had done that.

When you first sign up, they also ask how adventurous you're willing to be with your wardrobe. Ie, how willing are you to try things OUTSIDE of your style. That could be fun someday.

This is my board-
https://www.pinterest.com/amc80/clothing/
I'd think just about anyone could pick good things for me based on it.

star sparkle

Brilliant_Rock
So here are a couple of the styling cards that were sent with some of my shipments. You can see that they show each item and then give you different outfit ideas for each.

uploadfromtaptalk1446597317767.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1446597337855.jpg

iluvshinythings

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I just received my 13th fix. I hate to shop and don't have a fashionable bone in my body so it's worked well for me. I also love the personal shoppers at Nordstrom but Stitch Fix is more spontaneous. They've definitely helped me up my game and try styles I would have avoided before. I found the sizing to be on the small side so just something to think about. Some of the quality is great and a piece here and there just plain sucks. I chose the cheaper end of the range so that may be my problem. I've always found something to keep out of every fix and haven't lost my styling fee yet. I've kept everything in a few fixes which I love. They give a 25% discount if you keep the entire shipment.

I've requested outfits for my daughters baby shower and a business casual holiday party. Both times they knocked it out of the park.

I haven't Been able to exchange for a different size yet so I think that's a drawback.

Unobuck19

Rough_Rock
Love Stitch Fix! It is wonderful! I am building a business casual wardrobe ( Im in Nurse Practitioner school ) so it has been really helpful. I have it linked to my Pinterest account and it really helps the stylist get a feel for your style and what you prefer. I've been doing since April and it is well worth it!!

CJ2008

Ideal_Rock
Premium
star sparkle|1446597362|3945374 said:
So here are a couple of the styling cards that were sent with some of my shipments. You can see that they show each item and then give you different outfit ideas for each.

star, so those are the actual items that they sent you?

And they show each item with some ideas for how to wear them?

Like for skinny jeans they're showing you 2 different ways to pair them up, right? (and then you look in your closet to see if you have items that resemble it, or at least you get inspired to try it in the way they show it...)

Wow - I'm tempted to try it just for the color coordination. I LOVE unexpected color combinations. I am not that good at doing color.

CJ2008

Ideal_Rock
Premium
iluvshinythings|1446661822|3945661 said:
I haven't Been able to exchange for a different size yet so I think that's a drawback.

So if you get something that doesn't fit the only option is to return (or keep and alter?)

star sparkle

Brilliant_Rock
CJ2008|1446662354|3945669 said:
star, so those are the actual items that they sent you?

And they show each item with some ideas for how to wear them?

Like for skinny jeans they're showing you 2 different ways to pair them up, right? (and then you look in your closet to see if you have items that resemble it, or at least you get inspired to try it in the way they show it...)

Wow - I'm tempted to try it just for the color coordination. I LOVE unexpected color combinations. I am not that good at doing color.

Yes, exactly.

star sparkle

Brilliant_Rock
CJ2008|1446662419|3945672 said:

So if you get something that doesn't fit the only option is to return (or keep and alter?)

You can try to exchange, I've been successful with that 50% of the times I've asked. But yeah, if they don't have the item anymore in the size you need, you can choose to keep and alter or return.

star sparkle

Brilliant_Rock
I found the sizing to be on the small side so just something to think about.

Interesting. I found it to be on the large side! All the stuff they were sending at the beginning in what I thought was my size was too big on me!

CJ2008

Ideal_Rock
Premium
If anybody asks what I want for Christmas, it's a gift card to try this thing out.

I am so interested in this.

iluvshinythings

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
star sparkle|1446663476|3945682 said:
I found the sizing to be on the small side so just something to think about.

Interesting. I found it to be on the large side! All the stuff they were sending at the beginning in what I thought was my size was too big on me!

Hmmmmm. Maybe the difference is in the brands? I buy stuff at Ann Taylor and they run large.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results