shape
carat
color
clarity

Calling all the Pregnant PS''ers

dani13

Ideal_Rock
JG, I just wanted to check in to see how you're doing??! I hope all is well, post when u can!!:)

Asscherhalo_lover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes JG let us know! I didn't even realize how much time has passed, I hope all is well!

blackpolkadot

Shiny_Rock
Guess it's time for me to hop over here from JPB. I'm 13w3d due May 6! We are team green (as we were with our first). Hope to follow along with the rest of you ladies!

JGator

Brilliant_Rock
Hi, sorry for the long delay. I haven't had access to my computer till now to post. Baby Neel Alexander was born last Monday at 1135am via c-section as planned. He is healthy with a full head of dark brown/black hair like his sister. He was 8 lbs and 8 oz. He had some excess amniotic fluid in his head/chest so he was spitting up and coughing a lot for a few days. Also, by 2 days old he had lost more than 10% of his body weight. This happened with our daughter also so we went through a little stress over this, and we have been supplementing with a little formula to help him gain back the weight. My milk seems to be coming in okay - we have weighed him before/after feeding, and I think he's getting about 40-50ml per feeding from me so that area is going a little better than last time with K. It does hurt though, and I did get LV's suggestion of the Mother Love nipple cream which is amazing! We decided on the name the night before pretty much - it was down to only a few names that work for both the Indian and American sides of family to pronounce spell - Neel/Neil, Jay, and Samir/Sam. We wanted a longer middle name with a short first name and Alexander sounded good to both of us with Neel. Also, he's sleeping like a champion for now - please knock on wood for me that this stays! He slept for 3-4 hour stretches the last 2 nights. K is doing well and more excited than jealous so far. She turned 3 the day we brought N home from the hospital.

img_9752.jpg

img_9754.jpg

Loves Vintage

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh my gosh! He's gorgeous!! :love: Seriously, love him in the second photo -- well done, mama!! I love his name too! I wondered when you and your DH would decide on his name. Too funny! What a perfect gift for your daughter's birthday!! Hang in there with the breastfeeding. It is so hard/time-consuming in the beginning, but it does get so much easier as time goes on.

Enjoy your little baby boy! Yay!!

ETA: And, your daughter is so gorgeous, as always!

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh my gosh, they are both so beautiful!

Congrats on the birth of your son, Jgator! You must be over the moon happy.

NewEnglandLady

Ideal_Rock
A huge congratulations, JGator! Neel is so adorable--I really love that photo with K, so priceless! So glad to hear that so far things are going well and I hope he continues to eat and sleep well for you!!

Asscherhalo_lover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
So many congratulations JGator! I hope all are continuing to settle in well and that you are recovering well. What a beautiful couple of kiddos!

Welcome BPD! I hope you are feeling well and enjoying the second trimester! I know I sure miss it!

dani13

Ideal_Rock
Congratulations, JG!!! Beautiful!!!:)

Bella_mezzo

Ideal_Rock
CONGRATS!!!!! K looks beautiful as always, just stunning, and your little man is so precious. Best wishes and hope that sleep and nursing both get much easier for you! What a long journey to little Neel and I am so, so very glad that he is here!

Sha

Ideal_Rock
Congrats, Jcgator!! What a handsome little man and beautiful girl you have! Glad everything went well.

April20

Ideal_Rock
Oh goodness, he is so handsome. Your daughter looks like she is very proud of him!

I hope the sleep stays with you. At least for a bit.

Congrats to your family!

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulations JGator! You really produce the most beautiful children :love: Hope you're recovering well! x

kama_s

Ideal_Rock
Premium
JGator, congratulations! Neel is absolutely adorable, as is your older daughter. Love his name too! In hindi it means blue. Which means clearly you must get a sapphire piece of bling to commemorate :wink2:

monkeyprincess

Ideal_Rock
Congratulations, JGator! He's just precious. I lost track of time and didn't realize he'd arrived last week! I hope you're all doing well and look forward to chatting with you more soon! So happy for you that he's here!

JGator

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you all for the congratulations on baby N. I did know his name means Sapphire Blue in Hindi, and I do plan to milk that for all it's worth in the jewelry department as I do love sapphires! My husband's name means Sky so we thought it was a nice combination. We also liked the Irish meaning of the name Neil which is Champion or Passionate. N is 2 weeks old today, and I think he surpassed his birth weight this weekend so things are looking up. I will move over to the baby thread - good luck to you AHL and everyone else here.

hippi_pixi

Brilliant_Rock
Hello Ladies :wavey: I'm joining this thread now that I am 13+3 weeks pregnant. I'm due May 22. I just had my first scan today, everything is perfect :)

Asscherhalo_lover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congrats! I hope you are feeling well and that any first trimester torture is subsiding!

hippi_pixi

Brilliant_Rock
its been pretty tortuous! morning sickness to me has been my existing motion sickness on steroids. I've spent the last 2 months pretty much lying on the couch eating every hour. If i move around i vomit. so my house is an absolute pigsty. But the nausea has eased up now so I'm able to do little things like grocery shopping and cooking dinner which is a huge relief. we booked a babymoon to Hawaii for my 15th week which is in a weeks time so finger crossed I feel better by then

how far are you now?

blackpolkadot

Shiny_Rock
So good to see you here hippi! Sorry the morning sickness has been so brutal. Mine hasn't been as bad as yours, but I'm 16w today and it shows no signs of letting up. Thankfully, every now and then I have a good day so I manage to keep the laundry going! My poor husband is ready for some home cooked food!

Hawaii for a babymoon sounds awesome! I hope you are feeling well enough to enjoy it.

How are you AHL? Is anyone else here?!

Asscherhalo_lover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Bleh I hope thing get better for you both! I'll be 32 weeks tomorrow so I kind of feel like I'm approaching the end. The baby is moving all the time and is quite big based on my last scan, 70th percentile. DH and I just finished our last Bradley class this week so we feel pretty informed at least of what are options are and how we can have an intervention free birth (safety first of course). I had my baby shower (family shower) last weekend so now we are starting all of the sorting and putting away.

I have had some pelvic girdle pain, specifically in the pubic area, from about 17 weeks on but it's actually improved some over the last few weeks. That just made way for my first hemorrhoids (sorry if TMI but just keeping it real). They're not too bad and I'm trying to treat them as best I can and really increase my fiber intake which I thought was good :/ Oh well. The joys of the third trimester! I do check here daily even though there usually isn't much posting going on, if you guys want to liven it up some post away!

Asscherhalo_lover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ugh DH and I got food poisoning from dinner sat night and I spent most of Sunday in L&D getting re-hydrated so my contractions would stop. That was not fun and yay for Zofran! We've been home since last night and after sleeping for nearly 12 hours (waking up every two to pee of course) we're both feeling much better. Phew!

hippi_pixi

Brilliant_Rock
oh no that sounds awful! lucky your labor stopped. pregnancy is just the last time you want to get sick like that

I'm so paranoid about haemorrhoids. I haven't had any problems at that end but I bought some prune juice today as a preemptive measure. I did get some stretch marks on my breasts, i've gone up 2 cup sizes, so i figure theres nothing i can do to prevent stretchmarks. but if prunes can prevent haemorrhoids than ill be drinking it regularly!

I've actually had some improvement on the morning sickness this week. as long as i eat super regularly then I almost feel ok. so fingers crossed

Asscherhalo_lover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
hippi_pixi|1448286312|3953063 said:
oh no that sounds awful! lucky your labor stopped. pregnancy is just the last time you want to get sick like that

I'm so paranoid about haemorrhoids. I haven't had any problems at that end but I bought some prune juice today as a preemptive measure. I did get some stretch marks on my breasts, i've gone up 2 cup sizes, so i figure theres nothing i can do to prevent stretchmarks. but if prunes can prevent haemorrhoids than ill be drinking it regularly!

I've actually had some improvement on the morning sickness this week. as long as i eat super regularly then I almost feel ok. so fingers crossed

The roids didn't hit until recently and they're likely just due to the pressure of his head, not much to do about them. Another later pregnancy joy!

blackpolkadot

Shiny_Rock
Glad you are feeling better AHL!

I had my first progesterone shot last night, and it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. I am sore at the injection site, but I guess that's to be expected. If all goes well, I'll take them weekly until 36 weeks.

4ever

Ideal_Rock
Hi everyone,

I know I've sort of fallen of the face of the earth lately as far as PS is concerned, however there's not been much going on, just keeping to myself and quietly growing a person!

I'm 22 weeks today with a little girl (yay!).
unfortunately we found out on Monday that she has a heart defect (TGA) which will need to be corrected with surgery soon after she's born. DH and I have had a tough couple of days but are felling much more positive now and still looking forward to meeting our little girl in March :)

bobbin

Shiny_Rock
4ever I'm sorry to hear about your baby girl's heart defect. I have this vague recollection that you are in Australia, is that right? Have you contacted Heartkids? I am sure they would be able to put you in touch with some support groups. I am glad you and your husband are feeling a bit better about things now!

4ever

Ideal_Rock
Hi Bobbin, we're in New Zealand and will get in touch with heart kids when we're a little closer to our due date.
At the moment there is nothing much we can do so we are carrying on as per normal, I'm just doing my best to continue to eat well and gain back my fitness so she can have the best start possible, because she'll need it.

I know I sound like a crazy for saying this but since early on in my pregnancy (before 12 weeks) I've said that I know it's a girl ( although we found out at 20 weeks) and that she has a problem with her heart. Although I'm not pleased to be correct in the latter, I'm just as convinced that she's as strong as the rest of the women in my family and will be just fine after her operation :))

How's everyone else doing?

Asscherhalo_lover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm sorry to hear that your baby girl has heart troubles but I'm so glad they discovered it with the scan and will be able to make the repair as soon as possible. It's amazing how strong a mother's intuition is.

I hope those progesterone shots aren't too painful, that's a lot of sticks to put up with to 36 weeks!

AFM I'm just getting bigger and incrementally more uncomfortable. We're busy getting everything ready and I'm just counting down my remaining days of work, 18 to go!

blackpolkadot

Shiny_Rock
I'm still here... just trucking along at 18 weeks. I had my third shot last night, and the past two have just knocked me out. The day after I feel so sick and tired I can barely function. :(sad Last week by Wednesday I was feeling somewhat better and was back to normal Thursday. I'm hoping that's the case this week, too. My two year old doesn't slow down just because I don't feel great.

Out big ultrasound is scheduled for January 4. We won't be finding out the gender, but we are excited about seeing the baby! I have been feeling kicks for a while now, and my husband has been able to for well over a week. My favorite part of being pregnant. :love: :love:

How is everyone else?

ETA: 4ever Sorry to hear about baby girl's heart condition, but glad they discovered it and can fix it!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results