shape
carat
color
clarity

Talk to me about cancer in uterus

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you everyone for the support, good wishes and your personal stories about this surgery.
It does help to know many of you have come through this ordeal and are still riding the bicycle of life. :dance:

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My sweetie got out of surgery an hour ago.
She tolerated the surgery well.
They removed her uterus with the canteloupe-sized growth, all her reproductive organs, her appendix and other parts that were clearly/visibly affected.

It's cancer.

I can't stop crying.
I don't want to lose her.
I love her so much.

In 10 days the full pathology report will be in and they will know the best way forward.

FVCKING FVCK! :angryfire:
I'm pissed, though there is nobody/thing to be pissed at, just as there is nobody/thing to be thankful for at Thanksgiving ... being an atheist, and all.

momhappy

Ideal_Rock
Oh no! Your friend is so lucky to have you, kenny. I'm sure that you will offer her all of the support that she needs right now. I'm sorry to hear the she (and you) is going through this.
My husband ran into a friend of ours tonight who mentioned that she was having surgery (for lung cancer). Another acquaintance of ours was there as well and they proceeded to tell her to "think positive" and she replied that she really didn't feel like being positive any more because this is her third cancer diagnosis.... Cancer sucks :((

chemgirl

Ideal_Rock
So sorry to hear this.

Screaming and throwing things will help. Not even jokinga little bit.

Rockinruby

Ideal_Rock
Kenny, so sorry your friend is going through this. I'm sure she appreciates how much you care. You are a wonderful friend! :wavey:

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh Kenny, I am so so sorry. Hugs, hugs and more hugs. I'm sending all the healing dust there is to send someone for your friend. We are all here to support you.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm so mad.
All I can think of is how unfair it is.
She's so wonderful.

What my mind is doing is 100% not rational, but here I go. :knockout:

Thanks, all.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am very sorry to hear that it is cancer, kenny. The surgery will have knocked her through a loop, too. Physically, I meant. We all know that emotionally it will be a huge blow. She is, indeed, lucky to have you. You have a huge amount of empathy. Please keep talking to us.

Big hugs,
Deb
(((kenny)))

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Kenny, I am so sorry about your friend. I hope that the pathology report shows that this can be beat and that she recovers fully. Keeping her in my thoughts and sending healing vibes her way. I am so sorry.(((Hugs))).

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am very sorry - I hope her surgical recovery goes quickly for her. There are great strides being made every day in treatments so we'll hope that they are able to lay out a meaningful and fruitful therapy for her.

I don't blame you for being mad - it is so maddening and frustrating when someone we love gets this diagnosis. It's also scary and we want immediate answers but the wheels don't turn that quickly unfortunately. She is indeed lucky to have such a caring, loving friend - I'm sure that means the world to her right now.

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Kenny this made me cry. I had my surgery October 27, 1998, to the day my grandmother passed away the year before because of complications of cervical cancer which had spread. In my case, I also had cancer of the colon, of which they had to remove a significant amount. Thankfully we humans have lots of colon that we can stand to lose some. At the time I was in my 20's very healthy, high muscle mass and no other known problems aside from allergies. Heck I was doing physique shows! But none of that matters. Even healthy people get cancer. Cancer mutation is more about genetics than health.

Be there for her. Thats what you can do. My best friend who was there for me gave me the kick in the butt when I needed it, but was also my shoulder to cry on. Since then I have lost friends and family to cancer of all types. Cancer in all its forms is a disgusting disease. My sister is now battling Leukemia, which wasn't found until her mid 40's.

Your friend (and you) are in my heart today. ((hugs))

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm so very sorry, Kenny. However, I know that you will be there for her and that she needs that most right now.

iLander

Ideal_Rock
Oh, Kenny. So sorry . . . :((

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm so very sorry kenny. She's lucky to have you in her life, I'm sure your love and support will help her very much. I know you are devastated, this is such a hard thing and I will be keeping you and your dear friend in my thoughts. (((hugs)))

KaeKae

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm so very sorry, Kenny. I have lost several family members to cancer, and a couple others have successfully been treated. I am hoping and praying that your friend's treatment is successful.

She is very lucky to have you on her side. I know you are stunned and hurting for her. That's okay. I also trust that you will find your way in giving her all the support you can. You love her too much not to.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
She was pissed when she learned it was cancer.

But the day after her surgery she's doing well, in good spirits, and already almost completely off pain meds.
The doctors said her being an athlete means she's springing back amazingly fast, especially for being 59.

Thanks again, all. :wavey:

Yimmers

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
kenny|1446082243|3943251 said:

But the day after her surgery she's doing well, in good spirits, and already almost completely off pain meds.
The doctors said her being an athlete means she's springing back amazingly fast, especially for being 59.

Ha, she's a fighter! I'm very sorry that it is cancer. But you are a great friend and she's lucky to have someone like you in her life. Sending lucky dust her way.

rainydaze

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm sorry, Kenny.

JaneSmith

Brilliant_Rock
I'm so sorry Kenny, for you and your friend. :(

I say this with compassion: the why of cancer and any other disease is that we are biological organisms, we evolved to survive as a population long enough to reproduce successfully, not to live forever in perfect health as individuals. We are biologically complex and mistakes occur. A misreading of DNA during cellular mitosis, a wonky gene inherited from an ancestor, it's all just random chance as to who gets what. We are the product of small changes in populations over time. Evolution has no direction, no upward striving goal to create a 'perfect' human species. Look at how prone the lower back is to injury, the spine has evolved as a horizontal structure, walking upright isn't that great for it; or how easy it is for a woman to get a vaginal infection because her lady parts are so close to her butt and the reproductive act involves another human putting their excretory organ in her lady parts. Biology is messy.

The fact that your friend is fit and otherwise healthy will help her hugely in her recovery and subsequent cancer treatments. I'm glad she has you and other wonderful friends, plus a seemingly understanding employer and good healthcare coverage. She is in as good a position as one can be to fight this.

Here are a couple of links you might find useful. One is the Secular Therapy Project, it is a database to link people with certified counsellors who are secular. https://www.seculartherapy.org
The other is a group called Grief Beyond Belief, it's a support group for non-religious people. www.griefbeyondbelief.org There is also a Facebook page that you can join via that site.
It helps to talk to people at times like this. I'm pretty sure you know that already.

We need a hug emoji! Hugs.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you much, Jane.

Yes, hugs indeed!

Mayk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
So very sorry Kenny. I'm very sad to read how extensive the surgery was. I will keep her in my prayers.

Rockinruby

Ideal_Rock
kenny|1446082243|3943251 said:

This is good news! Thanks for sharing!

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
I'm so sorry Kenny.

ksinger

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm so sorry Kenny. I have an idea of what you're going through since my beloved young SIL is battling stage 4 colon cancer. Cancer does a job on many more than just the person who actually has it. It is an enormous heartache and strain to those who love that person.

She's lucky to have you as a support....

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results