Random pictures/stories of our furbabies

• Thread starter Deactivated member 42515
  • Start date

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Re: Random pictures/stories of our furbabies

jordyonbass|1442687138|3929562 said:
I've always wanted a Savannah cat, however my biggest worry would have to be play time. If they are anything like my 2 cats then play time may possibly end with a hospital visit to put me back together. One of my cats always gets carried away and leaves scratches, I could imagine that a savannah cat would tear out chunks.

All cats have the capacity to get over-stimulated during play which results in unacceptable roughness. For any cat I've ever had, I never let their play escalate to the point where I'd get severely injured. A scratch here and there is expected. I started the training when they were kittens. If play got too rough, I'd give them a toy to redirect their attention or just leave the room. Another technique is to squeal or yell really loud which is what their cat-mates do to signal that things are getting rough. Using a firm "no" trains them a verbal cue that they've crossed a line. They soon learned that if they want to play, they have to be gentle.

None of my SVs use their claws on humans during play. Atticus, having 52% serval genes, gets a bit cheeky when I discipline him and will occasionally haul off and slap me but never with claws extended.

azstonie

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Matata|1442693250|3929594 said:
jordyonbass|1442687138|3929562 said:
I've always wanted a Savannah cat, however my biggest worry would have to be play time. If they are anything like my 2 cats then play time may possibly end with a hospital visit to put me back together. One of my cats always gets carried away and leaves scratches, I could imagine that a savannah cat would tear out chunks.

All cats have the capacity to get over-stimulated during play which results in unacceptable roughness. For any cat I've ever had, I never let their play escalate to the point where I'd get severely injured. A scratch here and there is expected. I started the training when they were kittens. If play got too rough, I'd give them a toy to redirect their attention or just leave the room. Another technique is to squeal or yell really loud which is what their cat-mates do to signal that things are getting rough. Using a firm "no" trains them a verbal cue that they've crossed a line. They soon learned that if they want to play, they have to be gentle.

None of my SVs use their claws on humans during play. Atticus, having 52% serval genes, gets a bit cheeky when I discipline him and will occasionally haul off and slap me but never with claws extended.

Ha, yes, but does Atticus flip you the bird then???? He sounds like a teenager, heehee.

Every now and then my female Westie seriously will cuss me out. There is no doubt what she is saying.

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium

azstonie|1442694938|3929600 said:
Ha, yes, but does Atticus flip you the bird then???? He sounds like a teenager, heehee.

He is deep in his teens, a phase that is lasting far far longer than I'd hoped. Sweet and snuggly one minute, rebellious and getting into trouble the next. When I scold him for something and try to move him into time-out, he falls to the floor and starts making this nnnngowwww noise and waving those incredibly long front and back legs in my face. He also keeps his body completely limp because he knows it's impossible for me to pick him up. So I slide him across the floor and put him in another room for a few minutes. I am so happy I have vinyl plank floors. I can give him a good shove and he'll slide clear down the hallway where I can then stuff him into the laundry room :lol:

NOYFB

Ideal_Rock

Matata|1442377731|3928279 said:
Atticus and his dad playing with a cardboard tube from heavy duty aluminum foil, cause the 200 toys from the pet store aren't interesting enough :rolleyes:

Holy SH!T! Atticus is a giant! A big, beautiful giant!

NOYFB

Ideal_Rock

Peanut, trying to blend in with the orange couch and blankets.
somuchorange.jpg

And, being vain, staring at a picture of himself. This pic makes me :lol: so much
vainpeanut.jpg

And, finally, my beautiful Tinkerbell, looking like she got busted. She 's totally allowed to be on the counter, as that is where we have to feed her now to make sure Peanut doesn't eat her food since they're both on Rx diets.
tinkiecounter.jpg

I love my kitties!

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock

I don't think I have shared my 3 furry babies, so I will meow.

Jiji

img_0107.jpg

img_0800_1.jpg
*when he got tangled in the Christmas tree netting last year.

The Kitten

fullsizerender_109.jpg

img_0295_0.jpg

Muta

img_1129.jpg

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium

This diet thing sucks. FEED ME, I'M HUNGRY. If only I had thumbs, I'd open it myself.

https://youtu.be/jl9C3UUpoMI

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock

I realized I never introduced our newest addition.

Introducing Penny. Named for the copper color of her eyes.

She's a spazzy little girl who hasn't decided who she wants to be yet. She's exploring all her different options... sometimes simultaneously and with chaotic results. She's so full of life. She plays with ANYTHING and is so floppy and silly, when she plays she's just all in without any dignity. Also, she pees on mommy when mommy is in bed. So she is banned from the bedroom. Which has made bonding a slow process. But she gets along very well with her siblings and has since the first day they were introduced.

Her loves are: styrofoam, leather fringe toys and paper towels. Especially the paper towels. We have get a video. It's like catnip for her.

11536758_10205666851102547_8879147069827190556_n.jpg

img_20150812_170617410.jpg

img_20150722_162643190.jpg

img_20150812_170557971.jpg

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock

Matata|1443153932|3931563 said:
This diet thing sucks. FEED ME, I'M HUNGRY. If only I had thumbs, I'd open it myself.

https://youtu.be/jl9C3UUpoMI

Aww so cute. I love your videos of your kids!

bbziggy

Shiny_Rock

Beautiful kitties! All of them! Penny ... your eyes are mesmerizing :)

azstonie

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Great pics, ckrickett!!! My fave is DinoKitty, heehee :lol:

Penny is a hoot!!!! That is one flexible kitty!! Do you think she's marking you as hers re the peeing?

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Penny is gorgeous Gypsy. Do you have a feather comforter on the bed? If so, that may be why she's peeing on you. You'll have to get rid of the feathers. Also, if she's not spayed yet, her hormones may be kicking in and she's marking her territory.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock

Matata|1443198295|3931729 said:
Penny is gorgeous Gypsy. Do you have a feather comforter on the bed? If so, that may be why she's peeing on you. You'll have to get rid of the feathers. Also, if she's not spayed yet, her hormones may be kicking in and she's marking her territory.

Hi Matata, I do have a feather comforter on the bed. But once she peed the first time we switched to a regular comforter and she peed on that too.

She's spayed. And we had the vet run all the tests on her. She doesn't do it as a spray, the posture is wrong. She's not stressed either. She will be sitting or laying there purring and will just release her bowels. Strangest thing. We even put down plastic sheeting on the bed for a while. She peed on that too.

We even talked to the animal behaviorist about it. :confused:

No idea why she does it. But the only solution that worked is keeping her out of the bedroom entirely.

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Never a dull moment. I heard the toilet repeatedly flushing. There he was, waiting for it to fill up each time so he could splash all the water out. There is now a kid-proof lock on the lid but I don't think it will deter him for very long :rolleyes:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yc1zg_4Cwf0

Rockinruby

Ideal_Rock

Matata|1445913431|3942421 said:
Never a dull moment. I heard the toilet repeatedly flushing. There he was, waiting for it to fill up each time so he could splash all the water out. There is now a kid-proof lock on the lid but I don't think it will deter him for very long :rolleyes:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yc1zg_4Cwf0

Matata, thanks for sharing this! Atticus is an absolute riot! (Unless you have to wipe up the floor after he's done playing! :lol: )
I can't believe how inventive he is! He created a really fun way to pass the time. Love this! :appl:

Rockinruby

Ideal_Rock

Gypsy, your new kitty is adorable! Penny is such a cutie! :appl:

isaku5

Ideal_Rock

I'm sending a big kitty welcome to your newest family member. :bigsmile: She's a doll. :appl:

((((((( HUGS to Penny xo)))))) :wavey:

ac117

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Ahh I wish I found this thread earlier! Love all of your furbabies!!

Here are my baby boyssss!!! Dino and Toro :love: They are both just over a year old are such characters...DH and I love them to death and they are our babies before any actual offspring :lol:

_35047.jpg

img_9714.jpg

img_9715.jpg

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium

acano117|1445972963|3942672 said:
Here are my baby boyssss!!! Dino and Toro :love:

They are adorable! I've wanted a Frenchie for a long time. Been looking at rescue sites for a couple months. Who is your breeder? I am literally scared of making a commitment without breeder recommendations because of all of the health issues in the breed.

ac117

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Matata|1445973822|3942687 said:
acano117|1445972963|3942672 said:
Here are my baby boyssss!!! Dino and Toro :love:

They are adorable! I've wanted a Frenchie for a long time. Been looking at rescue sites for a couple months. Who is your breeder? I am literally scared of making a commitment without breeder recommendations because of all of the health issues in the breed.

Thank you Matata! We are very, very lucky with no health issues but you are correct and we did a LOT of research before. We went with BlueHaven French Bulldogs, who are a family operated breeder out in Utah. Really can't speak highly enough about them!! They even have a wait list for their pups because of their reputation. I follow a lot of breeders and rescues and I do like what I see from SD Bullies (who take in cleft palate puppies and provide round the clock care until they are old enough for corrective surgery) and Chicago french bulldog rescue (the stories are sometimes so sad, but so heart warming). These are just 2 that stand out to me but I'm sure there are plenty others. My husband and I talk about taking in a rescue in the future, but that will definitely be after these guys are out of their puppy phase!

Happy to answer any other questions you have or recommend others!
Btw, I seriously can't believe how long and beautiful your cats are! They are too adorable! :)

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium

acano117|1445974520|3942696 said:
We are very, very lucky with no health issues but you are correct and we did a LOT of research before. We went with BlueHaven French Bulldogs
Thanks for the info! I'll take a look at their website.

kgizo

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Happy Halloween to all the PS furbabies, especially the gorgeous black kitties in this thread from my Morgan.

_35127.jpg

Rockinruby

Ideal_Rock

kgizo|1446306593|3944178 said:
Happy Halloween to all the PS furbabies, especially the gorgeous black kitties in this thread from my Morgan.

Morgan is adorable!!! :appl:

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium

My silver boy Maliik looking ghostly this morning.

ghost_cat.jpg

december-fire

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Matata said:
My silver boy Maliik looking ghostly this morning.

What a handsome lad and a beautiful photo! Thanks for sharing.

Andelain

Ideal_Rock

rotten.jpg

Q

Queenie60

p3070164.jpg

This is my little guy - Quincy. He's my little love.

Andelain

Ideal_Rock

aaaaa_0.jpg

leashed4_0.jpg

throughtheplants_0.jpg

chillinginring_0.jpg

lambskin

Ideal_Rock
Premium

I love looking at these kitties -makes my day.

OreoRosies86

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Same modest, graceful Oreo as always!

_35608.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results