shape
carat
color
clarity

Sangria recipes?

sugarpie honeybun

Shiny_Rock
Was wondering what are everyone’s favorite Sangria recipes? I’m sick my old boring “red wine/add some oranges” concoction. Looking to try something different (and easy).

Mrs Mitchell

Ideal_Rock
My best friend makes delicious sangria - 3/4 jug of light, fruity red wine, topped up with brandy and a splash of OJ, garnished with some sliced oranges, lemons and peaches. It''s fearsomely alcoholic but very, very nice. Her other recipe is 3/4 red, topped up with champagne. That''s also worth drinking.
2.gif

Mandarine

Ideal_Rock
We made a delicious Sangria for the boys'' baptism!. It wasn''t "easy" but it was delicious!!!

Cut up limes, lemons, oranges and apples
Sprite
Cointreau or Brandy
Red wine

Yum, yum, yum!

sugarpie honeybun

Shiny_Rock
Oh yum. The whole adding champagne sounds delish. I wonder if brandy and oj is similar to using Triple Sec, which seems to be commonly used in Sangria.

I will have to give your friend''s recipe a try. I''m also interested in white wine recipes. I''m thinking white wine with mango slices. Yummm.
18.gif

sugarpie honeybun

Shiny_Rock
Date: 5/3/2010 3:41:11 PM
Author: Mandarine
We made a delicious Sangria for the boys'' baptism!. It wasn''t ''easy'' but it was delicious!!!

Sprite
Cointreau or Brandy
Red wine

Yum, yum, yum!
Champagne or Sprite, similar effect (sort of
2.gif
)

Mrs Mitchell

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/3/2010 3:42:41 PM
Author: sugarpie honeybun
Oh yum. The whole adding champagne sounds delish. I wonder if brandy and oj is similar to using Triple Sec, which seems to be commonly used in Sangria.

I will have to give your friend''s recipe a try. I''m also interested in white wine recipes. I''m thinking white wine with mango slices. Yummm.
18.gif
My friend makes very nice drinks, of all varieties (except non-alcoholic...). Her white sangria recipe:
3 parts white wine (she uses very dry, Spanish or Italian) to 1 part champagne and three shots of cointreau and three shots of Galliano. Sprite would probably work fine, though.
3.gif
To be honest, there''s so much alcohol in there and enough strong flavours that the champagne gets a little lost. The touch of fizz just lightens it up a little. I''ve made it with just a single shot of the liqueurs and it''s still pretty powerful.

Mmmm. I want some sangria now. I''m highly suggestible!

dcgator

Brilliant_Rock
My mom''s famous Sangria recipe:

- One handle of "Real Sangria" (it''s a brand name mix)
- 2/3 to a full 2L bottle of Squirt or Wink soda (or another lemon/lime soda)
- 1/2 if a 1L bottle of gin or white rum (add more or less depending on taste preference)
- 4 Bananas (sliced)
- 4 or 5 Apples (diced)
- 4 or 5 Oranges (in thin slices, halfed)

Combine all the above ingredients and chill for at least a few hours. Serve over ice or without.

ENJOY!

Callisto

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 5/3/2010 3:43:34 PM
Author: sugarpie honeybun
Date: 5/3/2010 3:41:11 PM

Author: Mandarine

We made a delicious Sangria for the boys'' baptism!. It wasn''t ''easy'' but it was delicious!!!

Sprite

Cointreau or Brandy

Red wine

Yum, yum, yum!

Champagne or Sprite, similar effect (sort of
2.gif
)

Another bubby option I''ve seen used is sparkling lemonade, which I prefer over sprite.

Also if you''re ever in a big hurry (not that making sangria is that time consuming) but my mom always just buys the jugs of Carlo Rossi sangria and adds fruit and it''s actually pretty good.

Rachel9

Shiny_Rock
This is one of my favorites:

1/2 cup good brandy
1/4 cup lemon juice
1/3 cup frozen lemonade concentrate
1/3 cup orange juice
1 bottle dry red wine I have used Roja, Borsao Primizia and many Merlots
1/2 cup triple sec
1 lemon, sliced into rounds
2 oranges, sliced into rounds
1 lime, sliced into rounds
2 green apples sliced
1/4 cup white sugar (optional)
8 maraschino cherries --I often use 1 C raspberries or blackberries.
2 cups carbonated water (optional) ---I often use Sprite Zero ''if you want a fizzy sangria''

In a large pitcher, mix together the brandy, lemon juice, lemonade concentrate, orange juice, red wine, triple sec, and sugar. Add all fruit and refrigerate overnight for best flavor. For a fizzy sangria, add club soda just before serving.

princesss

Ideal_Rock
I stole (and then modified) this recipe from a sandwich shop I frequented when I was living in Spain:

red wine
gin
brandy
rum
vodka
sugar
OJ
cut up fruit (anything citrus is good, and strawberries are delicious)

Mix together, then pour in a glass that''s half full with 7 Up. It''ll knock you on your butt if you''re not careful, so make sure you hide the car keys! (For a party, I''ll usually make it the night before, then add more sugar and liquor the day of, take the old fruit out and eat it while I''m getting ready, and put fresh fruit in.)

lover in athens

Brilliant_Rock
this is from bobby flay and food network. it''s for the BEST pomegranate sangria ever!! we served it at my hubbie''s 40th bday and it got rave reviews. i like to freeze the grapes once they''re halved and then use them as ice cubes when it''s served...
Ingredients
1 bottle fruity red wine
2 cups pomegranate juice
1/2 cup brandy
1/2 cup Triple Sec
1/4 cup simple syrup (equal amounts sugar and water, heated until sugar dissolves, cooled)
1/4 cup pomegranate seeds
1 large orange, halved and thinly sliced
1 green apple, cored, halved and thinly sliced
1 cup red grapes, sliced in 1/2
Directions
Combine all ingredients in a pitcher, cover and refrigerate for at least 4 hours or up to 48 hours before serving. Serve over ice.

canyon

Rough_Rock
A lot of time since last post... but I want to sahre with you this delicious recipe. I try this recipe this weekend and I like it, here it is

Cider sangria
:lickout:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results