shape
carat
color
clarity

Big Bling!!!!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
We were out of town this weekend and I was able to visit my favorite estate jeweler! If you see the items, you will probably understand why I only window shop there instead of buying!

First is the biggest diamond I have ever tried on outside of possibly one or two in Vegas. It is 10 cts, W-X color, in a halo! and over $100k. The champagne color was gorgeous and the setting was lovely! I really didn't inquire on pricing on any of these due to the fact that I knew they were out of my realm! Still SO much fun to see for a jewelry lover!

2015-10-24_12.jpg

2015-10-24_0.jpg

2015-10-24_1.jpg

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Next up is a 7 ct L color mrb with side baguettes, and then a cushion cut diamond that I think is not an antique at 5 cts.

2015-10-24_2.jpg

2015-10-24_3.jpg

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Ha! When I saw the title of this post, I thought you'd traded in your AVR for something bigger! :cheeky: So glad you didn't! While I wouldn't kick that 5 ct out of bed, I MUCH prefer your lovely ring! Fun to play in a jewelry box like that though!!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Next are some fabulous sapphire rings, blue, pink, and pale yellow. The blue was about the finest blue sapphire I have seen, and it was priced accordingly. I can't remember the specs but I think 7-8 cts. The pink and yellow were even larger.

2015-10-24_4.jpg

2015-10-24_5.jpg

2015-10-24_6.jpg

2015-10-24_7.jpg

m-2-b

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Those are some big door knockers, DS! I think you could easily rock any of them on your hand, lol! :sun: Keep the pics coming... :cheeky:

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
yennyfire|1445824777|3942121 said:
Ha! When I saw the title of this post, I thought you'd traded in your AVR for something bigger! :cheeky: So glad you didn't! While I wouldn't kick that 5 ct out of bed, I MUCH prefer your lovely ring! Fun to play in a jewelry box like that though!!

LOL!!! :lol: Now that would have been funny! It did have the effect of making the AVR look small again! That actually was good as sometimes I worry about it being too big...just definitely not in that particular place that we visit occasionally!

m-2-b said:
Those are some big door knockers, DS! I think you could easily rock any of them on your hand, lol! :sun: Keep the pics coming... :cheeky:

I needed you and Yenny to be there with me!!! So much fun!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This was a pear pendant with a large center. I don't think I looked at the size of this one, but I would say at least 3 cts for the center stone, not to mention several more carats in the necklace and halo.

2015-10-24_8.jpg

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade
diamondseeker2006|1445825076|3942125 said:

LOL!!! :lol: Now that would have been funny! It did have the effect of making the AVR look small again! That actually was good as sometimes I worry about it being too big...just definitely not in that particular place that we visit occasionally!

m-2-b said:

We definitely need to plan a GTG!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Those above were all the major pieces I tried on. They had many other big colored stone rings, yellow diamond rings, etc. My hubby was with me because we were looking at oriental rugs and I couldn't try on all I wanted to with him waiting!!! There were beautiful emeralds that I just didn't get pictures of, for example. These are just a couple of pics of a few things in the cases.

2015-10-24_9.jpg

2015-10-24_10.jpg

2015-10-24_11.jpg

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
yennyfire|1445825347|3942127 said:

m-2-b said:

We really should! I need to veer away from your hubby's birthday weekend and make it a time when you, m2b, and I can all go. They have great things during the summer season and this was the first time I have gone in October, but it seemed even better to me. October is probably the prime month in the mountains, though.

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade
diamondseeker2006|1445825603|3942130 said:
yennyfire|1445825347|3942127 said:

m-2-b said:

We really should! I need to veer away from your hubby's birthday weekend and make it a time when you, m2b, and I can all go. They have great things during the summer season and this was the first time I have gone in October, but it seemed even better to me. October is probably the prime month in the mountains, though.

October might just work for me. Summers are tough with the kids home from school and October in the mountains sounds amazing!

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful pictures but I can definitely say without reservation that they are all too big for you - lol! I'm usually pushing the size for you but not this time!

There really are some beautiful things in your pictures though - it's always fun to imagine! Thanks for sharing!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
MissGotRocks|1445826259|3942134 said:
Beautiful pictures but I can definitely say without reservation that they are all too big for you - lol! I'm usually pushing the size for you but not this time!

There really are some beautiful things in your pictures though - it's always fun to imagine! Thanks for sharing!

Haha! The AVR didn't seem big at all after trying on these! But I agree, those sizes are not for me, which is a good thing since I don't plan on paying $100k on one ring! :$$):

Veltiesmom

Shiny_Rock
Holy cow! I need to take a trip to that jewelry store. WOW!

Polished

Brilliant_Rock
It must have been an amazing experience to see those stones in person even if as jewellery pieces they were impractical.

Snowdrop13

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'd love to meet the people who can afford these huge pieces and then wear them! I just can't imagine that sort of lifestyle at all, maybe they'd just be for special occasions? Clearly they are not out doing the school run, or the shopping , or cooking dinner, ever!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My guess is that a lot of the ladies who had these pieces were older and basically lived in a world with big social events like charity balls, etc. where this kind of jewelry could be worn. The 10 ct rock would be fabulous as a cocktail ring, but I don't see someone wearing it to take kids to the soccer field. The 7 ct one looks more like an e-ring to me. There are younger women in there, too, and the only time I have seen someone actually purchase something was a couple maybe 35-40ish buying a $30k+ bracelet. I have seen an older lady come in to exchange something her husband bought, too!! I guess he didn't know our rule of only buying something she has approved first!

Green with Envy

Brilliant_Rock
What store was this? Name and location?
Great eye candy!

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
How fun to try on those incredible pieces - thanks for sharing with us. And I totally think you could rock that big beautiful blue sapphire!!!

Wendylynne

Shiny_Rock
Im going to kindly disagree... i find that a lot of girls that would buy the 10t are exactly the ones at the soccer field with them... then again - i live in the palm beach area.... FABULOUS jewels...

Boo247

Rough_Rock
I'm totally swooning over that sapphire ring!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Diamondseeker, what a fabulous and fun collection of jewelry you got to see and try on. That sapphire is gorgeous; it looks like that blue absolutely glows. I am glad you got to play with these treasures. :wavey:

Victoria10

Shiny_Rock
Oh my goodness this is an awesome thread diamondseeker.

Yeah they are definitely to big in caret size but the settings are all amazing. I will have to bookmark. Love the pear necklace and can easily see redesigning in less ornate blingy setting.

gregchang35

Ideal_Rock
Wow, so much fun and so mch to try on....

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I saw the photos before I started reading - I thought you were going to say you decided to go all out and replace the AVR with an even bigger stone :lol: Thank you for the wonderful pics!!! :lickout:

apacherose

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you for sharing these jewels with us!

What fun! Love the cushion and the blue sapphire- wow.

Oh- and these photos also reaffirm that I love MRB's so much in the HUGE carat sizes!

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a fun way to spend an afternoon. I'm really surprised you were able to get so many pictures with your husband with you.

I would have no problem wearing any of these rings to the grocery store. There would be quite a few people getting run over by the cart as I would be very busy looking at my ring.

ariel144

Ideal_Rock
Green with Envy|1445882046|3942273 said:
Great eye candy!

Yes please...name and location of this store?

what color was the 5c cushion? Love the faceting and with the RARE flower pattern under the table it most
likely is an old cut IMO. Price?

Thanks for posting these lovelies...definitely got my bling fix!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wendylynne|1445899379|3942371 said:
Im going to kindly disagree... i find that a lot of girls that would buy the 10t are exactly the ones at the soccer field with them... then again - i live in the palm beach area.... FABULOUS jewels...

FL or CA? Because the people who own this store are in Palm Beach, FL in the winter and a NC mountain resort in the summer and fall. I believe you about there being particular areas where big bling is worn casually! It'd just not the norm in most places!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
ariel144|1446082520|3943255 said:
Green with Envy|1445882046|3942273 said:
Great eye candy!

Yes please...name and location of this store?

what color was the 5c cushion? Love the faceting and with the RARE flower pattern under the table it most
likely is an old cut IMO. Price?

Thanks for posting these lovelies...definitely got my bling fix!

For those who asked, I'd rather not name the store here, but if anyone is going to visit western NC, please message me via loupetroop for info. I was there in the summer and they had a lot of different things when I went back in October, so it is a lot of fun going each time to see new treasures!

The 5 ct cushion was I VS2 and around $75k. I thought it was a lovely stone, too! I also think the diamond was old, but it was not in an original setting.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results