shape
carat
color
clarity

Any guesses on who will be the two final nominees ...

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think It will be Clinton and Rubio. I can't believe Trump is doing so well in the polls and find it scary that he is.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
AGBF|1444794447|3938061 said:
I have to say that I was far less impressed by Lincoln Chafee than I had thought I would be. I was also less impressed by Jim Webb, who once represented me (and technically still does), when I lived in Virginia. Governor O'Malley of Maryland was fairly intelligent. In fact I agreed with his positions more than I agreed with Hillary Clinton's. (Especially his position on restoring The Glass Steagall Act.) There was something overly hearty in his delivery that put me off, but perhaps that should not matter. Hillary Clinton has never been my cup of tea, but I assume she is electable, which is also why I voted for President Obama. I really don't like the politics of either of them. I have decided that I am in love with Bernie Sanders.

Deb/AGBF
:saint:
But he doesn't love me. Asian lives doesn't matter to him... ;(

My truck is getting old if Sanders become Prez will he give me a new car?... :read: I can also use a free 2.5ct RHR.. :naughty:

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
They spent a lot time talking about climate change if the Dems think they can control mother nature then they should come to Ca. and do a "rain dance". We can use about 20" of rain here in Ca.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think it's going to Hillary for the Dems. As for the Republicans? Trump or Bush.

I am a liberal. I don't like Hillary. But I will be voting against the Republican candidate, not for Hillary.

Would I vote for Sanders? Yes. But I don't think he can win the moderates. And they are the swing vote.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Calliecake|1444872065|3938373 said:
I think It will be Clinton and Rubio. I can't believe Trump is doing so well in the polls and find it scary that he is.
Yup, most likely.. ;))

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good news for Clinton now that Joe Biden is out.

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
I was really sad when Biden decided not to run, but I completely understand why.

iLander

Ideal_Rock
How's this presidential material?

Ben Carson says he's soft-spoken now -- but he hasn't always been so calm.

"As a teenager, I would go after people with rocks, and bricks, and baseball bats, and hammers. And, of course, many people know the story when I was 14 and I tried to stab someone," Carson said Sunday on NBC's "Meet the Press."

Why bring THAT up, in answer to this tame "attack"?

"Ben Carson is super low energy, right? He's super low," Trump said. "Super low energy. We need tremendous energy. We need tremendous energy."

So, let me get this straight: Carson says "I'm not low energy, I tried to stab someone and I used to go after people with baseball bats"? :???:

WHY does he think that's a good answer? WTH? :confused:

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
iLander|1445956572|3942545 said:
How's this presidential material?

Ben Carson says he's soft-spoken now -- but he hasn't always been so calm.

"As a teenager, I would go after people with rocks, and bricks, and baseball bats, and hammers. And, of course, many people know the story when I was 14 and I tried to stab someone," Carson said Sunday on NBC's "Meet the Press."

Why bring THAT up, in answer to this tame "attack"?

"Ben Carson is super low energy, right? He's super low," Trump said. "Super low energy. We need tremendous energy. We need tremendous energy."

So, let me get this straight: Carson says "I'm not low energy, I tried to stab someone and I used to go after people with baseball bats"? :???:

WHY does he think that's a good answer? WTH? :confused:

I heard this last night and had the same reaction you did ilander. Is this guy crazy??? Then I also heard him say that he didn't support abortion even in instances of rape and incest and it is his wish to have roe vs wade overturned. He made comments comparing abortion to slavery. Which I may agree with if he was saying that forcing a victim of rape or incest to have a child by the criminal who did this to her is unthinkable but no, he said quite the opposite. The woman didn't matter at all to him. When men make these comments I wish for one month they lived the life of a sexual assault survivor who just found out she was pregnant by her attacker. I think I need to volunteer to help the democratic nominee, whoever that turns out to be.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
At this point I think Rubio will be chosen to run against Hillary.

Trump and Carson are nutjobs.
What a pathetic commentary on America they are the front-runners :blackeye:

I think anyone with two brain cells know they could not beat Hillary.

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don't feel sorry for him.. he's anti everything I believe in.

I do think it's difficult to be black and conservative absolutely.

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I agree totally with the below.

kenny|1445971650|3942658 said:
At this point I think Rubio will be chosen to run against Hillary.

Trump and Carson are nutjobs.
What a pathetic commentary on America they are the front-runners :blackeye:

I think anyone with two brain cells know they could not beat Hillary.

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dancing Fire|1444883564|3938417 said:
They spent a lot time talking about climate change if the Dems think they can control mother nature then they should come to Ca. and do a "rain dance". We can use about 20" of rain here in Ca.

If you study up a bit on climate change, you would see that forecasts dont just change temperature and extreme weather phenomena, but thee location and amount of precipitation in the US. So, if youre concerned about water is CA, wouldnt hurt to talk about climate change in the republican camp, either.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Niel|1445995006|3942809 said:
Dancing Fire|1444883564|3938417 said:

If you study up a bit on climate change, you would see that forecasts dont just change temperature and extreme weather phenomena, but thee location and amount of precipitation in the US. So, if youre concerned about water is CA, wouldnt hurt to talk about climate change in the republican camp, either.
Only the Dems can change "mother nature"... :wink2:

adele_h

Shiny_Rock
Oh goodness. I'm from Australia, and we get updates on how the campaigns are going from time to time on our news telecasts.. such colourful characters! I was very surprised to hear that Trump was rating so well, but it's reassuring to know that most on here seem to think someone else is likely to be selected to run against Clinton..

Just to help a girl out, could someone give me a very, very brief summary of how your elections work in the US? My (ill-informed!) understanding is that it seems like almost anyone who can fund a campaign and rally enough public support can run for election... How are the final party candidates selected? We hear about the debates, but are the final two chosen by vote, or popularity? Who votes for them, other party members or the public? Then the two final candidates face off in what seems to be a quite a lengthy battle / campaign, culminating in a non-mandatory vote.. How many people tend to vote? We get fined if we don't, it would be really interesting to see how many of us would choose not to vote if it wasn't mandatory..

TIA for any help :)

Snowdrop13

Ideal_Rock
Premium
adele_h|1446019828|3942922 said:
Oh goodness. I'm from Australia, and we get updates on how the campaigns are going from time to time on our news telecasts.. such colourful characters! I was very surprised to hear that Trump was rating so well, but it's reassuring to know that most on here seem to think someone else is likely to be selected to run against Clinton..

Just to help a girl out, could someone give me a very, very brief summary of how your elections work in the US? My (ill-informed!) understanding is that it seems like almost anyone who can fund a campaign and rally enough public support can run for election... How are the final party candidates selected? We hear about the debates, but are the final two chosen by vote, or popularity? Who votes for them, other party members or the public? Then the two final candidates face off in what seems to be a quite a lengthy battle / campaign, culminating in a non-mandatory vote.. How many people tend to vote? We get fined if we don't, it would be really interesting to see how many of us would choose not to vote if it wasn't mandatory..

+1 here! We get lots of updates too but it always seems to be quotes of the most outrageous comments made by some of the candidates. Mainly Trump in fact.........

iLander

Ideal_Rock
CNBC's debate kicks off at 8 p.m. EDT tonight, Wednesday, October 27 :wavey: :wavey:

I watch these things in hopes that someone will say something stupid. I am usually not disappointed. :D

iLander

Ideal_Rock
adele_h|1446019828|3942922 said:

1) "anyone who can fund a campaign and rally enough public support can run for election" Yes, this is true. We used to limit it to just those born in the US, but for some reason, Ted Cruz, who was born in CANADA :cry: is running. WTH? :confused:

2)How are the final party candidates selected? We have what are called primaries in each state, individually, and whoever gets the most votes in these, "wins" the party nomination. The first couple are Iowa and New Hampshire, which is why you'll hear those words a LOT in the next few weeks. The selection is announced at the party convention.When registering to vote, each member of the public picks republican or democrat, some choose independent, etc. However they register determines which primaries they can vote in, for instance in a republican primary, only republicans can vote.

3) America is the land of the free not to vote. :lol: Voting is completely voluntary and most employers do not give the day off to their workers, which I think reduces the voice of the hourly worker. But the polls (election offices) are open from 7 am to 7 or 8 pm, depending on the state.

A little over half the people vote. See percentages below:
2008 57.1%
2012 54.9%

Hope that helps! Try googling "gerrymandering" and you will see the biggest problem America has with it's elections. Plus corporations can (and do) dump billions of dollars behind the candidate they think will represent them best. :rolleyes:

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Stick a fork into Buch b/c he's done!

smitcompton

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi,

I'm going to say Rubio vs Clinton. Rubio seems interesting to me.

Annette

smitcompton

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi,

I'm going to say Rubio vs Clinton. Rubio seems interesting to me.

Annette

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dancing Fire|1446102767|3943316 said:

I think you are correct regarding Bush. I can't believe there are still so many Republicans still running. I would have thought a few of them would have thrown in the towel weeks ago. It's kind of ridiculous to keep spendIng money on a campaign you have a snow balls chance in hell of winning.

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium

I think you are correct regarding Bush. I can't believe there are still so many Republicans still running. I would have thought a few of them would have thrown in the towel weeks ago. It's kind of ridiculous to keep spendIng money on a campaign you have a snow balls chance in hell of winning.

Why isn't Trump shouting about Cruz being born In Canada? We had to hear about Obama birth certificate for years.

iLander

Ideal_Rock
Calliecake said:

Why isn't Trump shouting about Cruz being born In Canada? We had to hear about Obama birth certificate for years.

Right?!! WTH?

When I earned my US citizenship, they specifically told me I couldn't run for President.

What's the deal?

iLander

Ideal_Rock
Why is John Kasich even running at all? :confused:

Does he think we all forgot about Lehman Brothers and their part in destroying our economy?

Ohio Gov. John Kasich loves talking about his record in office, his knack for balancing the budget and his controversial decision to back Medicaid expansion.

But there's one part of his resume he's less inclined to discuss: the years he spent as a senior executive at Lehman Brothers.

Kasich joined Lehman's investment banking division as managing director in 2001, working there until the firm's collapse in September 2008 unleashed global panic and served as the catalyst for the financial crisis.

Just because Ohio forgot about his time at Lehman doesn't mean we're all that forgiving. :(

http://www.cnn.com/2015/06/08/politics/john-kasich-2016-lehman-brothers-wall-street/

JaneSmith

Brilliant_Rock
I cannot believe how long and costly the election process is in the U.S. Bread and circuses except the performers eat all the bread.
It is a sad indictment of the cultural climate in the US that Trump and Carson are the frontrunners. Sadder still that many state that Trump is only saying what so many feel. So much sexism, classism, and racism. The Great Wall of Canada suggestion was particularly illustrative of the fearful retrograde xenophobic attitudes prevalent in these republicans.
I find it interesting how often Ms Clinton is referred to by her first name, whilst this is never the case for the male candidates.

I'm going to go ahead and cut to the final chase. Clinton will be president.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Racism and sexism are all out there this campaign if you analyze what is being said by the candidates. I had to do a bit of digging to understand why Cruz is allowed to run for president. As long as one parent is a US citizen, the child will be an automatic citizen, regardless of the place of birth. I think the term is "naturalized citizen"?

momhappy

Ideal_Rock
Clinton as president is a gross thought....How anyone can find her trustworthy is beyond me.....

Mayk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
There is a part of me that would love to see Hillary and Carly in a debate. Let CNBC pick the questions, they did such a good job of stirring the pot. :devil:

On the right I like Rubio, on the left I liked Webb. Too bad he dropped out.

Talk about nut jobs... IMO Sanders. Scary man! He and Trump would be an entertaining and loud debate.

momhappy

Ideal_Rock
^Yes, Sanders scares me too - about as much as Hillary.... ;-)

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results