shape
carat
color
clarity

Need advice for spess project

Rothschild55

Rough_Rock
Could you send Yvonne your spess and see what she thinks? Yvonne could take pics/give her opinion/and you could get feedback from PS

lilysweet

Shiny_Rock
Thanks Rothschild, I will talk to her about that option. I am leaning toward the yellow diamonds and Yvonne thinks Rose gold with that combo. Thoughts? Also, Sungura, tell me about your avatar please! :love:

lilmosun

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Nothing to offer but was wondering what you decided and glad you are still updating us :)

lilysweet

Shiny_Rock
Still trying but haven't found anything that I think will make it as bright as the diamonds. Any thoughts on the Rose gold with the yellow diamond/spess combo?!

lilmosun

Ideal_Rock
Premium
If your spess is as deep an orange and saturated as your hand shot, I would personally go with a more saturated stone. But then again, I don't have a very creative eye - folks here are always showing combinations that I wouldn't have thought would work but come out great!

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
lilysweet|1444276289|3936120 said:
Still trying but haven't found anything that I think will make it as bright as the diamonds. Any thoughts on the Rose gold with the yellow diamond/spess combo?!

All "hot" colours is too much for me. I prefer a bit of contrast where there is some "hot" with some "cold" colours, not necessarily all bright and neon though.

lilysweet

Shiny_Rock
Hi all, I decided to go with yellow,diamonds in 18k gold. Yvonne recommended the yellow gold,as,it is easier to work with and I am having the center spess set after I get the pendant (Yvonne doesn't set stones that weren't purchased from her). I am very excited, I think it will look like a sun and make me happy! I will post pics when it is finished. Thanks for all the input and help!

apacherose

Brilliant_Rock
lilysweet|1442463249|3928701 said:
I'm Am being completely honest when I say I am horrible with this and could end up with something that looks like a 4 year old made it looking for the most sparkly gems in the perler bead tub! What does everyone think about the yellow diamond option like the ring at the top of her etsy store?

This made me laugh :angel:

I can completely relate! I feel quite inept at all this :bigsmile: On a sidenote, I am working on a similar project with Yvonne- I wanted a ring with the same rubies I recently purchased in earrings... and I ended up with a spess/ruby camellia in the works.

So, I am not going to recommend anything but I am happy for you and your project- can't wait to see what you choose. I know you are in good hands.

lilysweet

Shiny_Rock
The camellia sounds like it will be lovely and that combo was one of my choices so I am hoping you will post pictures when it is finished! Also, can you post a pic of your earrings? I am looking for ideas! :appl:

apacherose

Brilliant_Rock
[URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/catch-all-thread-talk-or-better-yet-show-us.118956/page-154']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/catch-all-thread-talk-or-better-yet-show-us.118956/page-154[/URL]

If the link does not work it is on page 154 of the 'catch all' thread.

I saw on your other thread that you chose the tanzanite earring drops- that was my favorite of your choices and I am looking forward to seeing the earrings!

Keep us posted on where you are going with this project, too :angel:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results