shape
carat
color
clarity

How I Found My 2015 Ruckus Pearls

mapo

Shiny_Rock
I can't believe I just found this thread. Thanks Fly Girl for the insider's scoop! Those Burmese South Sea pearls are gorgeous!

Tucs

Brilliant_Rock
That was a fun read. I love the eye candy and your reports are always so entertaining. Thanks Fly Girl!

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
Thank you for sharing Fly Girl. It's a lovely read as usual, and with gorgeous eye candy. Love your new Burmese pearls!

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
icy_jade|1440834359|3920681 said:
Thank you for sharing Fly Girl. It's a lovely read as usual, and with gorgeous eye candy. Love your new Burmese pearls!
You are so welcome, Icy_jade. Thanks for the push to do the write-up. Here's hoping you can make a ruckus one year.

Tucs said:
That was a fun read. I love the eye candy and your reports are always so entertaining. Thanks Fly Girl!

Glad you enjoyed it, Tucs.

mapo said:
I can't believe I just found this thread. Thanks Fly Girl for the insider's scoop! Those Burmese South Sea pearls are gorgeous!

You are welcome, mapo. I keep waiting to see how the Burmese pearls will be offered for sale. Perhaps a future monthly sale?

Kay said:
Fly Girl, it was so much fun reliving the ruckus through your report and pictures. Your writing style is very entertaining.

Thank you, Kay. It's easy to write about fun times, fun pearls, and wonderful, fun people. I hope we are all able to meet up again next year.

4Ranch Girl

Brilliant_Rock
FlyGirl one of my all time favorite threads. Your pearl collection is just exquisite and beyond compare. Please post pictures when your new creations are finished.

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
Fly Girl|1440865767|3920809 said:
icy_jade|1440834359|3920681 said:
You are so welcome, Icy_jade. Thanks for the push to do the write-up. Here's hoping you can make a ruckus one year.

Thanks! I can dream... But with a toddler and another baby on the way, it will take a mini miracle for me to make it to a ruckus... But I do enjoy reading all the lovely write ups (including yours) and seeing pics of the events. ::)

CRDKeshi

Shiny_Rock
Icy Jade Congratulations on the "baby on the way" :)

Tucs

Brilliant_Rock
Congratulations, Icy Jade!!!

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock
Congratulations Icy_Jade! :appl:

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
Thank you Lovinggems, Tucs and CRDkeshi. It's a girl this time so here's to hoping that she will like mummy's pearl collection... :D

Kay

Ideal_Rock
Congratulations on your baby girl, Icy Jade! How could she not love your amazing collection?!

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
Kay|1441066093|3921889 said:
Congratulations on your baby girl, Icy Jade! How could she not love your amazing collection?!

Thank you. She may prefer other gems... I'm partial to diamonds myself... ;))

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Update on some of my ruckus pearl projects.

I left my ombre bracelet to be fitted with the small 14kt white gold Orbit clasp. I found that while the fishhook clasp looked great, and the bracelet fit me well, I seldom wore it because I had difficulty working the fishhook clasp myself. I received the bracelet back a couple of weeks ago, and I'm happy to report that I can actually get it on and off with one hand. I really enjoy wearing this bracelet, because the pearls are stunning, and due to the graduation of pearl sizes, it stays in place on my wrist.

aclasp_4617.jpg

aclasp_0996.jpg

aclasp_0995.jpg

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
I decided to have my larger 11mm Burmese South Sea pearl set into John Dwight's new Oracle ring design. It will be in 14kt white gold, and will probably take a few weeks to be made and sent to me.

aburmesestockphoto.jpg

6aruck_myburmese_0.jpg

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Progress has also been made in getting my Sea of Cortez pearls set. I purchased the two smaller SoC pearls at last year's ruckus, and held on to them until I could pick up a third larger pearl at this year's ruckus. My local jeweler is setting them into a pendant of palladium and diamonds. Here are photos that I snapped when I went into the shop to decide on pearl positions and orientation.

asocpendant_145225.jpg

asocpendant_150154.jpg

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
I got a call yesterday from my jeweler. Apparently he was drilling my pearls, and the big blue baroque pearl turned out to be a gas pearl. A real stinker. He wanted to know if I wanted to send it back? Heck no, so he is going to clean it and fill it with epoxy so that it can be set.

My very own Sea of Cortez gas pearl! :bigsmile:

soc_1.jpg

Tucs

Brilliant_Rock
Fly Girl|1443224420|3931885 said:
I decided to have my larger 11mm Burmese South Sea pearl set into John Dwight's new Oracle ring design. It will be in 14kt white gold, and will probably take a few weeks to be made and sent to me.

I can't wait to see this, those are magnificent pearls! Do you have photos in natural light?

Tucs

Brilliant_Rock
Fly Girl|1443229011|3931911 said:
Progress has also been made in getting my Sea of Cortez pearls set. I purchased the two smaller SoC pearls at last year's ruckus, and held on to them until I could pick up a third larger pearl at this year's ruckus. My local jeweler is setting them into a pendant of palladium and diamonds. Here are photos that I snapped when I went into the shop to decide on pearl positions and orientation.

Very nice! So many projects, Fly Girl!

Tucs

Brilliant_Rock
Fly Girl|1443229256|3931912 said:
I got a call yesterday from my jeweler. Apparently he was drilling my pearls, and the big blue baroque pearl turned out to be a gas pearl. A real stinker. He wanted to know if I wanted to send it back? Heck no, so he is going to clean it and fill it with epoxy so that it can be set.

Oops, pardon my ignorance, what is a gas pearl?

Frost Me

Brilliant_Rock

Ooh, I love that setting "Fly Girl", perfection! :love: :love:

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Tucs|1443233755|3931953 said:
Fly Girl|1443229256|3931912 said:

Oops, pardon my ignorance, what is a gas pearl?

Douglas talks about them here. It is a pearl that is not solid, but is filled with a smelly liquid.

http://www.perlas.com.mx/blog/tag/gas-giant-pearl/

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock

I see that the loose Burmese WSS pearls are included in the October PP special. :lickout: In the meantime, I'm still waiting for mine to be set. I'll be sure to post photos when it arrives.

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
My Burmese White South Sea pearl ring is here. The setting is the Oracle ring setting from Pearl Paradise in 14kt white gold. The pearl has amazing luster and a rainbow of overtones, which the camera has difficulty capturing.

a5wss_1138.jpg

a6wss_1141.jpg

a7wss_1052.jpg

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
I also picked up my completed Sea of Cortez triple pearl pendant. Designed and handmade at Stephen Vincent Design of Minneapolis. Set with diamonds in palladium.

When I was there, Stephen Vincent was in the shop playing with his new birthday present. A handmade mouse armor with moving parts. Everyone needs one of those for their mouse, don't they???

a1soc_1161.jpg

a2soc_1155.jpg

a4mousearmor_151737.jpg

a3mousearmor_151744.jpg

SMC

Ideal_Rock
Fly Girl|1444862646|3938332 said:
My Burmese White South Sea pearl ring is here. The setting is the Oracle ring setting from Pearl Paradise in 14kt white gold. The pearl has amazing luster and a rainbow of overtones, which the camera has difficulty capturing.
Holy cow, this is amazing! If I had that thing on my finger, I would get no work done. I don't own any expensive pearl rings as I'm afraid it'll get scratched. Do you take it off when you wash your hands?

BWeaves

Shiny_Rock
I love the mouse armor.

(The pearls go without saying. Gorgeous.)

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
SMC|1444951157|3938705 said:
Fly Girl|1444862646|3938332 said:
Holy cow, this is amazing! If I had that thing on my finger, I would get no work done. I don't own any expensive pearl rings as I'm afraid it'll get scratched. Do you take it off when you wash your hands?
Thank you. I am careful not to rub it with soap. I don't worry about a few drops of water.

Don't worry about scratches. Just enjoy your pearls.

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
BWeaves|1445212390|3939690 said:
I love the mouse armor.

(The pearls go without saying. Gorgeous.)

Thank you, BWeaves. BTW, the mouse armor was created by Calgary artist Jeff de Boer. It was truly a treat to see this in person.

http://jeffdeboer.com/

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock
Amazing new additions FlyGirl. The mouse armor is adorable, :o

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results