shape
carat
color
clarity

need help about sapphire certification

kampungboy88

Rough_Rock
hi, im new to this forum and to colored gems. any help and pointer will be much appreciated.
i wanted to get my wife a nice anniversary ring and came across a blue sapphire ring at one of the local jewelry shop in malaysia.
the stone is certified by S.P Yu gems trading hong kong. its a 2.15 carat blue natural sapphire from sri lanka. there was nothing on the certificate that about the enhancement status. only something about the SW and LW ultraviolet which both was non reactive (i think). sorry i cant post a picture of the cert as the shop doesnt allow it.
my question is:
1. is this stone heat treated or natural?
2. anyone heard of this S.P. Yu company?

thank you very much.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh good, I see that you started a new thread for your questions, which more people will see and respond to accordingly.

1. SW and LW UV does not prove whether the sapphire is heated and whether it is natural.
2. I have not heard of S.P. Yu. and by that, I do not know their level of experience and skill, nor the equipment they have and use.

Sapphire has been treated in all sorts of ways and I would not trust just any lab to verify its treatment.

eastjavaman

Shiny_Rock
the name is SP Yu gem trading which does not sound like a lab at all. If you are serious to buy, you should ask them for GIA or GRS Reports, these labs are available in Hong Kong. Of course charges are at their discretion.

My bad, I misread the Malaysia part :cheeky:

kampungboy88

Rough_Rock
thanks for all the inputs, yeah i found out about the gem company but there is no official website. i guess its a small private firm. will scout around for other options then. tqvm

kampungboy88

Rough_Rock
anyone can suggest some reputable and trust worth website which sells loose untreated sapphire stones (certified) and can customize ring settings? very much appreciate it. tq

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results