shape
carat
color
clarity

Catch all thread - talk or better yet show us

Sungura

Brilliant_Rock
Re: Catch all thread - talk or better yet show us

Qubitasaurus I love it. I love everything about it. Together with Ricezo's it is the nicest east west I've seen. Can you tell us more? Dimensions, custom? Design challenges.

qubitasaurus

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

Sparkliesluver I'm touched. I almost passed out when I first saw the original office shots of your new paraiba.

Thank you Sungura :). I think you and I have something in common, I am also a huge fan of Ricezo's ring. I think my tourmaline is something like 6.4 by 4.5 mm. The basket is 14 kt white gold (it is open at the bottom), and the shank is 18 kt rose gold. It was a custom piece, made through a local pricescope recommended jeweler in Singapore (it's fantastic, so happy I found pricescope). Sorry not to be more helpful but I'm supposed to be packing (haha so of course I am reading pricescope) and stuff is being thrown everywhere and consequently I can't find anything!

S

SparkliesLuver

qubitasaurus said:
Sparkliesluver I'm touched. I almost passed out when I first saw the original office shots of your new paraiba.

Aw, thank you. That's very sweet. I can relate; I almost passed out when I saw the finished pictures from DK.

teklit

Rough_Rock

Well, this looks like a good place to post a setting I ran across, I think it's pretty. Someone needs to get something like this!!

_34882.jpg

lovethis2.jpg

S

SparkliesLuver

That's weird, teklit. So weird. I ran across this last week and saved it. :lol:

smallpear.png

teklit

Rough_Rock

Ha! Glad I'm not the only one who found it intriguing.

One thing I was wondering about... do you think the "head" would flip upward, or do you think it would lay flat against the finger like depicted?

S

SparkliesLuver

haha Nope, you're definitely not alone. I even have the perfect stone for it. Well, one that I'm eyeing. :naughty: I'd assume everything would lay flat against your finger like the picture shows...or as flat as your stone is. Just depends on the depth.

teklit

Rough_Rock

oooo, what color is the stone you're eyeing?
If it's anything like the color in your avatar or a light blue, ocean colors. The piece would definitely have an aquatic feel with that setting, I bet that would look amazing. Putting the drip in dripping with jewels.

arabella

Shiny_Rock

Oh wow, teklit and SparkliesLuver, I love that setting!! How unique!

teklit

Rough_Rock

Arabella, I agree.

Unique, but there is an understated-ness to the design. Nice flowing lines, but not wispy.

S

SparkliesLuver

Aw, thank you, teklit. :) The color is actually more of saturated bright blue. I'm kind of on a self-imposed ban right now, but it's really calling my name. :lol: :wall:

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Prima posted some lovely red spinel on their isnta and I had to inquire. I bought one oval and a pair of smaller ovals. The smaller ones won't do me, so I'm sending them back for the pair of this little devil. The undertones are orange rather than pink, which is what I prefer. I'll wait until the perfect 1ct oval falls into my lap and make a 3 stone, I think they are about 4*5

imag6120_1.jpg

kb1gra

Brilliant_Rock

I took the plunge and bought...

a pink diamond (gulp)

It's being set by Leibish as we speak...

pink_diamond_in_box.png

Lisa Loves Shiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium

My first garnet purchase! A Loliondo Spessartite with sugar inclusions. Jerry re-cut this for me and it is now 2.27 carats. I love how glowy and sunny these garnets are.

019_2.jpg

021_0.jpg

Sungura

Brilliant_Rock

lisarn the loliondo spess looks great. Nice color and nice fat oval shape - welcome to garnets. It's a big colorful world out there

kb1gra gulp is right. Congrats on the pink diamond. Any hints to share about the setting?

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

LisaRN, I could look at orange all day long. Love the color of your stone. The fact that its precision cut is such a plus.

kb1gra

Brilliant_Rock

Sungura|1445615241|3941346 said:
lisarn the loliondo spess looks great. Nice color and nice fat oval shape - welcome to garnets. It's a big colorful world out there

kb1gra gulp is right. Congrats on the pink diamond. Any hints to share about the setting?

Platinum double halo with rose gold basket. A la tiffany soleste.

The stone is quite large for a pink - 0.59ct - so I'm just hoping it all works out. Ring should arrive here by the 6th of November.

Siameseroo

Brilliant_Rock

Niel|1444847410|3938238 said:
Prima posted some lovely red spinel on their isnta and I had to inquire. I bought one oval and a pair of smaller ovals. The smaller ones won't do me, so I'm sending them back for the pair of this little devil. The undertones are orange rather than pink, which is what I prefer. I'll wait until the perfect 1ct oval falls into my lap and make a 3 stone, I think they are about 4*5

I can't wait to see this ring!

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

ricezo|1445735885|3941800 said:
Niel|1444847410|3938238 said:

I can't wait to see this ring!
Ugh. Well. The pair came and had a noticeably different tone to it so I sent them back. Told them which of the two I preferred. Maybe I'll try again if they have a better match.

The lovely woman I was working with was on vacation when my second stone was sent. I'm hoping it was just not a real pair becuase the shape seems off too. The last photos its hard to see the difference but I like the colors so I included the.

imag6152_1.jpg

imag6159_1.jpg

imag6187_1.jpg

imag6145_1.jpg

Siameseroo

Brilliant_Rock

Oh no that's annoying. Hopefully they can find the perfect pair for you. You need to set that spinel! It's lovely.

Lisa Loves Shiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Thank you Sungura and Minous! :) Buying a garnet was a big step for me. I seem to have a one track mind (spinels!). lol

kb1gra- I can't wait to see your pink diamond ring when it is done. Please post tons of pics.

Niel- That really is a nice spinel. I need to go back and look at when you originally posted it for stats.

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

LisaRN|1445785431|3941933 said:
Thank you Sungura and Minous! :) Buying a garnet was a big step for me. I seem to have a one track mind (spinels!). lol

kb1gra- I can't wait to see your pink diamond ring when it is done. Please post tons of pics.

Niel- That really is a nice spinel. I need to go back and look at when you originally posted it for stats.

Thanks! I don't think I ever made a post about it's stats.

As "dull" as the color is (gray with a large little lean toward violet) its really quite captivating

imag5461_2.jpg

img_20150918_142043.jpg

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Neil I love that spinel! It is definitely captivating, and the color is really interesting with the grey/violet hue, and how it "picks up" colors from stones it is close to. I am excited to see it set!

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Niel|1445788702|3941952 said:
LisaRN|1445785431|3941933 said:

Thanks! I don't think I ever made a post about it's stats.

As "dull" as the color is (gray with a large little lean toward violet) its really quite captivating

Great size and proportions. I bet it throws off great sparks of color. Chunky goodness and sparky all in one! :lickout:

Sungura

Brilliant_Rock

qubitasaurus|1444742087|3937785 said:
I promised a while ago to post pictures of the ring I had made, based on Ricezo's stunning ruby ring. I am really happy with how it turned out, the only problem is I'm insufferably enamored by it. First picture is Ricezo's ring, the following two are my precious (~.6 cts copper bearing tourmaline in rose gold) :) .

Qubitasarus I would love to see a profile shot of your East West cuprian ring. I come back to look at it a lot. I love the tapered shank.

_35046.jpg

Violetphoenix

Shiny_Rock

So...I posted pics of my new ring on another thread and I don't think it has gotten any attention...I'm moving it to this thread to show it off again. Forgive me if you've seen them and don't want to look at them again....Anyway, here it is again..

Besides spinels and sapphires, I've never seen any other colored gemstones in person, therefore I afraid to take risk of buying them online or has one custom cut. I've seen and drooled over many beautiful custom cut gemstones and custom rings on this forum in the last few months, I thought to myself I should splurge and go for it. Well, I didn't do the custom route. After googled tourmalines, I came upon a pink tourmaline ring and I was intrigued by its bod and free form design...so I went for it.

The ring, I purchased from Earth's Treasury website. The owner is Jeff Hapeman who is also a wry talented gems cutter. Btw, he has many beautiful cut stones on his FB page, though this particular stone was cut by Peter Torraca few years ago. Love Mr. PT, he's a kind hearted person, has went out of his way, and sent me a photo of the stone right after he cut it. I asked for it so I can post it here and also a proof of what I got.

This pink tourmaline came from Stewart Mine in Pala, California. Do I really know where that is...not really lol, but nevertheless it's a native stone, cut by a native cutter, and the ring designed and made in CA, USA!..that's I'm proud to be its owner.

It's an oval 3.1 cts bubble gum color (he got that description right for sure), I was told it's untreated. The mounting is 18K yellow gold. The contrast between two very strong color of the metal and the bright pink stone is fascinating! It's going to take sometimes for me to get used to this, as my taste is more neutral and mute.

For those haven't seen the post or the pics. Here are lots of pics. Hope you don't mind

_35072.jpg

_35073.jpg

_35074.jpg

_35075.jpg

Violetphoenix

Shiny_Rock

More pics

_35078.jpg

_35079.jpg

_35080.jpg

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

VioletPhoenix: I love that ring! So unique, and I like how it seems to flow. I am not a huge fan of pinks, but this has a "neon" type brightness that I really like. I think the pairing with the 18K is also a great choice and really lets the stone stand out :) Congrats on a great find!

Violetphoenix

Shiny_Rock

Thank you lovedogs, I'm also not a fan of bright pink or yellow gold so I was very surprised myself. It looks very clean and classy in person and not flashy..so I think I'll get used to it soon. Just put it on today for the second time since I bought it and I like it a lot already.

Lisa Loves Shiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium

My goodness Violetphoenix- That is one seriously gorgeous ring! Love the color of the tourmaline, and the yellow gold really sets it off. Unique design too. :appl:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results