shape
carat
color
clarity

B2C Jewels - Buyer Beware

SYH1949

Rough_Rock
I've just had an unpleasant experience with B2C Jewels.

After much searching on pricescope, I thought I had picked out a great diamond for my girlfriend from B2C jewels. I had never heard of this company before so a quick search for reviews of this company came up with great reviews of customers who have had great experience with this company. I decided to go for it and called in to place the order.

8/11/15
I was helped by Simon when i first placed the order. He was polite and professional throughout my dealings with this company as were all the agents i spoke to. He explained the process of buying the diamond from them and answered my questions to my satisfaction. I had 2 options, purchase the diamond with a credit card or do a bank wire transfer to save some money. I decided to go with the bank wire as the difference in price was significant. Simon told me the diamond was available and that they would place the order that day. They would then email me with the wire transfer details once they have had their gemologist personally inspect the diamond to make sure everything was good.

8/12/15
the next day i received the confirmation that the diamond was inspected and everything was good to go. They sent me the email for the bank wire instructions and i sent the payment via bank wire later that day.

8/13/15
I received a "courtesy followup " email from B2C asking me to send the bank wire transfer for my order so i decided to give them a call and see what happened as i had already sent the payment. They tole me that it may not have gone through yet and to check back the next day.

Later that night, i received a call from them saying that my diamond was not available. They then tried to get me to buy a different diamond from them which i thought were inferior to the one i had originally picked out. I wanted the diamond i had picked out, the one that they said they had, the one their gemologist personally inspected. Frustrated, that with the whole situation, i accepted the fact that they couldn't deliver. They then canceled my order and said they would send a refund check. I told them that I had a deadline to get the ring made as i was planning a trip with my GF and was going to propose then. I needed to get the check from them asap. they said they would need to talk to the payment department the next day to see what they could do.

8/15/15
Simon calls me back and apologizes for the whole situation and says he would have the check overnighted to me on Monday ( 8/17) which would mean i would have the check on 8/18. I was still a bit upset at the situation but at least they were trying to make it right...

8/17/15
I call to check on the status of the check and to get a tracking number. As i did not receive any follow up call stating that my check had been sent out. I spoke to Rio and he told me that Simon did request to have the check airmailed but the check was sent out via regular mail on Friday 8/14 already and that i would be receiving it on Tuesday 8/18 or Wednesday 8/19 so they decided against stopping the check and overnighting me a new check.

8/20/15
I still have not received the check so i decided to give B2C a call to see what is going on. I spoke to Melvin who informed me that the check was sent out on Friday 8/14 and that it would take 7-10 days to get here. At this point I've already been felling like this company is giving me the run around. I told him that i was told i was told that i was supposed to have the check overnighted to me or at least i should have had it 1-2 days ago. He told me that i would have the check thursday 8/20 or friday 8/21, I told him that B2C has been giving me different dates over and over again and that I don't have any confidence in what they are telling me. After several times of being on hold as he reviews the order details / talking to the payment department he keeps telling me the same thing, the check was sent on friday 8/14 and I should receive it today or tomorrow. I asked him, what happens if I dont receive it by tomorrow? i dont have any confidence in the company and i want a check overnighted to me with a tracking number. He only told me that if i do not receive the check by tomorrow he would personally follow up on it.

This was not the experience I was hoping to have with this company, I feel like they screwed me on the deal and they didn't do anything to make it right. Because of this I cannot currently recommend this company to anyone.

NonieMarie

Brilliant_Rock
Did you receive the check?

Rockinruby

Ideal_Rock
NonieMarie|1441535606|3924217 said:
Did you receive the check?

I was wondering the same thing. :confused:

Diamond_Hawk

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
SYH1949,

As always, we hope that every customer has a great experience with B2CJewels. I have had several conversations with the sales-staff concerning what occurred and we have put safeguards in place to make sure that the timeline, production and delivery of refund checks are clearly explained. The check delivery of the 20th or 21st is in line with our normal practices and we are happy you received your refund - but are truly sorry it did not make it sooner.

We at B2C hope you were able to find the perfect diamond for your girlfriend and the ultimate result was positive for you.

It is only be listening to our customers or reading reviews such as this that we can improve our communication and processes. If we can be of any further service please let us know.

Sphene

Brilliant_Rock
The point is the company promised him an overnight check so he could continue with his search - that did not happen - when did he get his cheque ??

Diamond_Hawk

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
He received his check on Friday 21 Aug.

Simon tried to have it over-nighted Monday 17 Aug. The issuing department overlooked the overnight request, so it arrived on Friday, 3 days later than hoped-for, which we regret.

We also supplied him with a promo-code for up to $ 500 off a future purchase, should he wish to give us another opportunity.
Thank you for articulating the question, so I could clarify.

Sphene

Brilliant_Rock
Diamond_Hawk|1443464590|3932825 said:
He received his check on Friday 21 Aug.

Simon tried to have it over-nighted Monday 17 Aug. The issuing department overlooked the overnight request, so it arrived on Friday, 3 days later than hoped-for, which we regret.

We also supplied him with a promo-code for up to $ 500 off a future purchase, should he wish to give us another opportunity.
Thank you for articulating the question, so I could clarify.

Wow thats great compo for what to me is an insignificant delay kudos to your company - if I ever purchase from you I hope to have a delay too lol :appl:

akoya

Shiny_Rock
It's only insignificant if you have much time to spare
He has to source a diamond again
To put the buyer in a ? Environment where he might not know when will he actually get the cheque or if he will get it is not a gd experience many would want to go through for $500

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results