shape
carat
color
clarity

Fragrance of the Day Thread

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
A bit late to the game, but today I have on Daisy by Marc Jacobs. I am a perfume addict & have to spritz even if we're having a slobby day at home. My perfume box is pretty crammed! My hubby bought this one for our 8th wedding anniversary on Wednesday of this week, and I am AMAZED it has passed me by for so long! I think it might actually be my most favourite perfume ever :love:

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Nordstrom's opened their new store in Vancouver--and had the full line of La Lebo for the opening. I asked my sista to check out the Tubereuse 40 and she loved it. Hence, it is on it's way to me ....

cheers--Sharon

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
canuk-gal|1443553652|3933225 said:
HI:

Nordstrom's opened their new store in Vancouver--and had the full line of La Lebo for the opening. I asked my sista to check out the Tubereuse 40 and she loved it. Hence, it is on it's way to me ....

cheers--Sharon

And I am enjoying it! First blush is orange blossom and citrus. Dry down is very soft. I can smell the tuberose but not big like Carnal Flower. I am glad I have both--they suit very different moods.

cheers--Sharon

Sunstorm

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Lately I have been all Le Labo. I used Ylang 49 all summer and was crazy about it, so were many others smelling it on me, one of their best.

In September you could buy all city exclusives onlines but I did not dare as at those prices you really have to love them. By now I just want to own pretty much the whole line they have.:)))

I figured that I will try some of their exclusives in the respective cities and decide if they are worth the hefty price, otherwise for now I will stick to my regulars, the Ylang the Rose, etc.

I guess I should have ordered samples of all exclusives the beginning of the month and then order what I love, it was a great opportunity but I held back because if I end up loving a lot then I will be out of a small fortune.

I am now using Sabon PLV, addictive stuff, best body products and the scent yumm, never had that in body products, great thing is that they are not expensive. The Perfume is not bad either, at first I did not like it as much as it is not exactly the same scent as the body products but it really grew on me. The Perfume is Oneg, the Patchouli Lavender Vanilla deo is just delish and it has lasting power like crazy, almost as strong as a perfume. Sadly I think they are reformulating it now as you cannot get it anywhere.

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Today I'm wearing Van Cleef & Arpels Ambre Imperial. Love the smell though its slightly sweeter than I tend to like, and its perfect for today.

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
Arcadian|1444046590|3934951 said:
Today I'm wearing Van Cleef & Arpels Ambre Imperial. Love the smell though its slightly sweeter than I tend to like, and its perfect for today.

OOh I love that one! I haven't purchased it though. Its really lovely!

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
Bvlgari today, specifically Jasmin Noir. Love the undertones in this one the best!

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Amouage Fate Woman today.

I'm sitting here thinking what fragrances I'm taking on vacation (I should leave the damn things at home frankly...lol)

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I smoothed on a couple drops of lavender oil over coconut oil this AM. I wonder if other people can smell me. I can't smell the lavender anymore nowadays, but when I forgot something from the hotel room this AM and dashed back in, I was hit with lavender when I threw the door open. I hope it has a calming effect on my neighbors at work lol.

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
Today I am layering 2 scents

Le Labo Rose 31 and Bvlgari Rose Essentielle, I did this by accident once and I really liked the aroma so I have been doing it al to more frequently

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
PintoBean|1444753994|3937834 said:
I smoothed on a couple drops of lavender oil over coconut oil this AM. I wonder if other people can smell me. I can't smell the lavender anymore nowadays, but when I forgot something from the hotel room this AM and dashed back in, I was hit with lavender when I threw the door open. I hope it has a calming effect on my neighbors at work lol.

I love lavender oil and apply some before bed as I find it calming and soothing and beneficial for sleep. Hopefully it calms those around you too. :bigsmile:

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
ckrickett|1445190985|3939606 said:
Today I am layering 2 scents

Le Labo Rose 31 and Bvlgari Rose Essentielle, I did this by accident once and I really liked the aroma so I have been doing it al to more frequently

I did the same but not by accident--I am looking for more staying power! La Lebo Rose 31 and Aqua De Parma Rose.

Sadly my latest purchase of La Labo Tubereuse has no staying power: at all. The initial whiff is divine, but then gone. Oh well.

cheers--Sharon

House Cat

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Do any of you have a recommendation for a warmer, comforting scent for fall?

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
House Cat|1445217211|3939708 said:

I am a fan of Oud Cashmere Mood by Maison Francis Kurkdjian.

Its warm, woody, with beautiful vanilla notes

House Cat

Ideal_Rock
Premium
ckrickett|1445262317|3939823 said:
House Cat|1445217211|3939708 said:

I am a fan of Oud Cashmere Mood by Maison Francis Kurkdjian.

Its warm, woody, with beautiful vanilla notes
Oooo that sounds lovely!!! I am going to have to find it!! Thank you!! :bigsmile:

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Back from holiday, so I'm wearing Serge Lutens Chergui. Perfect for fall in the northern hemisphere. My bottle is very very old stock, it was when it was more of a greenish brown. I tried the new stuff because this bottle is about half gone, and its so thin smelling :( I won't repurchase because it doesn't smell the same.

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Okay, a fragrance amateur here. A few questions: how does one go about finding scents they think they will like? I would love to find a scent reminiscent of Christmas tree - at least has that as a component. But have no clue how to find something like that. And if you all go fragrance shopping, doesn't your nose get exhausted pretty easily from smelling various fragrances? I feel like I'm nose numb after about 4 scents. So how do you all learn about new fragrances and find what you like?

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
minousbijoux|1445917771|3942445 said:
Okay, a fragrance amateur here. A few questions: how does one go about finding scents they think they will like? I would love to find a scent reminiscent of Christmas tree - at least has that as a component. But have no clue how to find something like that. And if you all go fragrance shopping, doesn't your nose get exhausted pretty easily from smelling various fragrances? I feel like I'm nose numb after about 4 scents. So how do you all learn about new fragrances and find what you like?

Sampling is a way of life...lol But yes after about 4, you should be nose numb! Coffee beans doesn't clear it out, all that does is introduce yet another smell. There's 2 things that do; 30 minutes of fresh air. (that means go outside and clear out the nose), and then there the use of a saline nasal wash. Saline is neutral, and helps to really clear out the passages. Because those passages go into the throat, it pretty much clears the entire thing. But still, clean air seems to be the thing (its also not so messy)

Fragrantica has a very good pyramid to use where you can search by notes. But still, its good to TRY a perfume on skin. Just because it looks good on paper doesn't mean it will be on skin.

Luckyscent.com usually has sample packs if you sign up for their newsletter. You get to try some pretty interesting stuff that way for a few bucks (sometimes sample packs can be 30-40 dollars depending) You can also just order samples of what looks interesting to you.

Theres places that you can buy hard to find decants those these are small cottage type businesses; The Perfumed Court and Surrender to Chance.

Haunt the mall. Neiman's and Nordstroms have stepped up their game lately, so good places to sample scents. Saks5thavenue is another. Barney's is great they carry lots of niche stuff, highly recommended (I like going there tbh...lol). Sephora will give you samples usually to try out so they're worth checking on. They are also carrying some niche perfumes, but generally more designer than anything else.

I hate Macy's so can't recommend them.

If you're in NY
Aedes De Venustas
Twisted Lily
Phyto Universe (the Caron store!)
Barney's
MiN
Bergdorf (wish they had one here!!)

Here's some I consider christmas like:

Ginestet Botrytis fruit and booze (not terribly foody though)
Diptyque Eau Duelle smoked vanilla
Frederic Malle Musc Ravageur vanilla and spice
Geisha Rouge Aroma M lots and lots of clove and cinnamon
Serge Lutens Fille en Aiguilles (the pine is pretty heavy in this one at first)
Serge Lutens Arabie (dry spices with fruit)
Caron Nuit de Noel (so hard to find but try the Caron Store in NY)
Annick Goutal Nuit Etoilee (yes indeedy, pine smoke and christmas...edp only, don't like the edt frankly)

OreoRosies86

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I too am wearing lavender oil today, from Whole Foods! It's that time of year when you need the heat on in the morning and the AC in the afternoon. My system is going haywire and essential oils always soothe and calm my nerves!

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Elliot86|1445957833|3942553 said:
I too am wearing lavender oil today, from Whole Foods! It's that time of year when you need the heat on in the morning and the AC in the afternoon. My system is going haywire and essential oils always soothe and calm my nerves!

I bought my bottle from whole foods too!

For our first date anniversary, DH bought me Marc Jacobs decadence!

I sprayed it sniffed my wrist, meh, brought it back to my nose omg another layer of scent, that's better, shook my waved my wrist, brought it back, oh wow nice, waved my wrist one more time, brought it back to my nose, ooo pretty. Haven't worn it since we got it on Saturday. Sorry I'm no help with the notes bc I can't remember... Sieve for brain... But I tried Calvin klein eternity now that started out as a beautiful floral and then pickled on my wrist!! Ick!!! Daisy also pickles on me!!!

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Arcadian|1445957573|3942549 said:
minousbijoux|1445917771|3942445 said:

Sampling is a way of life...lol But yes after about 4, you should be nose numb! Coffee beans doesn't clear it out, all that does is introduce yet another smell. There's 2 things that do; 30 minutes of fresh air. (that means go outside and clear out the nose), and then there the use of a saline nasal wash. Saline is neutral, and helps to really clear out the passages. Because those passages go into the throat, it pretty much clears the entire thing. But still, clean air seems to be the thing (its also not so messy)

Fragrantica has a very good pyramid to use where you can search by notes. But still, its good to TRY a perfume on skin. Just because it looks good on paper doesn't mean it will be on skin.

Luckyscent.com usually has sample packs if you sign up for their newsletter. You get to try some pretty interesting stuff that way for a few bucks (sometimes sample packs can be 30-40 dollars depending) You can also just order samples of what looks interesting to you.

Theres places that you can buy hard to find decants those these are small cottage type businesses; The Perfumed Court and Surrender to Chance.

Haunt the mall. Neiman's and Nordstroms have stepped up their game lately, so good places to sample scents. Saks5thavenue is another. Barney's is great they carry lots of niche stuff, highly recommended (I like going there tbh...lol). Sephora will give you samples usually to try out so they're worth checking on. They are also carrying some niche perfumes, but generally more designer than anything else.

I hate Macy's so can't recommend them.

If you're in NY
Aedes De Venustas
Twisted Lily
Phyto Universe (the Caron store!)
Barney's
MiN
Bergdorf (wish they had one here!!)

Here's some I consider christmas like:

Ginestet Botrytis fruit and booze (not terribly foody though)
Diptyque Eau Duelle smoked vanilla
Frederic Malle Musc Ravageur vanilla and spice
Geisha Rouge Aroma M lots and lots of clove and cinnamon
Serge Lutens Fille en Aiguilles (the pine is pretty heavy in this one at first)
Serge Lutens Arabie (dry spices with fruit)
Caron Nuit de Noel (so hard to find but try the Caron Store in NY)
Annick Goutal Nuit Etoilee (yes indeedy, pine smoke and christmas...edp only, don't like the edt frankly)

Thank you! Everyone has a different idea of what christmas smells like - for me, its all about the balsam tree smell so that is what I hoped to find. I've tried various sites and put in "balsam" as one note/component, but I have no idea what else should be in there. I guess I should just pick some other scents I like and add them into the mix and see what, if anything, pops up in the way of a fragrance. :))

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Fragrance of the day Comme des Garcons Daphne. I remember after testing it, I never whipped out a credit card so fast in my life...lol

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Today wearing Aramis Calligraphy Rose Yummy :love: I like this one anytime of the year frankly.

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This morning I reached WAY back in on the shelf and decided to wear Bath and Body Works Black Currant Vanilla. This isn't the sugar bath you get over there these days, and man, I miss being able to buy the candle :(

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
I am wearing a sample today.

Sephora sent me some samples of Atelier Cologne Vanilla Incensee, and it is really nice. its warm, sweet, and has a very slight brown sugar scent to it. I really like it and will probably end up buying a bottle.

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
I have been wearing this scent for the past few weeks,
Amouge - Beloved Woman

Beautiful Hints of Lavender, Musk, sandalwood and amber

kama_s

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Has anyone come across Ex Nihilo's 'Fleur Narcotique'? I am really digging it, but hubby isn't a fan. I love the floral mixed with the musky woodiness. It has the perfect balance of being feminine, but classy. The longevity on it is excellent too!

The only down is the cost, at ~$300 for a 50ml bottle...ooff.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
ckrickett|1450194807|3961698 said:

Sephora sent me some samples of Atelier Cologne Vanilla Incensee, and it is really nice. its warm, sweet, and has a very slight brown sugar scent to it. I really like it and will probably end up buying a bottle.

This is a lovely perfume. I used to have a FB of it. Just in case you didn't know you can get this from LuckyScent and they send a few samples of your choice with each purchase. Their selection is wonderful for niche perfumes so if something is FB worthy I like getting it from Luckyscent so I can sample other hard to get perfumes and find new favorites. :appl:

http://www.luckyscent.com/product/51006/vanille-insensee-by-atelier-cologne

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
missy|1460725620|4019658 said:
ckrickett|1450194807|3961698 said:

This is a lovely perfume. I used to have a FB of it. Just in case you didn't know you can get this from LuckyScent and they send a few samples of your choice with each purchase. Their selection is wonderful for niche perfumes so if something is FB worthy I like getting it from Luckyscent so I can sample other hard to get perfumes and find new favorites. :appl:

http://www.luckyscent.com/product/51006/vanille-insensee-by-atelier-cologne
I Love lucky scent!

I wish they offered samples of Tom Ford. I love Black Orchid, but I want to try others before I commit to 250-400 a bottle

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I know what you mean Crickett. My dh has a FB of the Tom Ford Azure Lime and he enjoys it but he says for the price there are better longer lasting fragrances that are very similar to that one. If you get a FB of the Atelier Cologne Vanilla Incensee you can then get some Tom Ford samples from LuckyScent. They give Tom Ford samples if you place an order with them (for any FB doesn't have to be Tom Ford) so though they don't have those samples available for purchase they do have those samples available with any FB purchase. I think.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results