shape
carat
color
clarity

How do you wear your rings? ER first or WB first?

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Niel|1443190190|3931661 said:
The Trinity is my actual wedding band. (My poor husband trying to figure it out to get it on my figure at our ceremony was priceless)

img_20150923_114951.jpg

I love this combo - just gorgeous!

abbit

Rough_Rock
WB first, then ER (cos I take that off). If I'm lucky enough to get an eternity ring that'll go on the end

ZestfullyBling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think I like a little butter in the middle...white gold half eternity band, yellow gold twist band, wg ering. However, wearing just the half eternity with my ering is fine too. :)

zzc.jpg

zzb.jpg

Winks_Elf

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Normally my band goes on first, and then the e-ring, but I have my rings sized for the warmest time of the year (my fingers swell and contract frequently), so I have to wear them reversed in winter or my engagement ring will fall off.

Trionacat

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Wedding band first followed by engagement ring

foxinsox

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wedding band then engagement ring. Oddly before we were married, I wore my wedding band fairly often trying it and other bands out with my ering and at that point, I preferred it ering first then wedding band. It looks wrong to me now :lol:
IMG_1480.JPG

Matthews1127

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wedding band first. Engagement ring on top. Hoping to add an Anniversary Band to my set for our first Anniversary, in Nov. It will likely go in the middle, or sandwich my ER with my WR. Either way, as long as my WR is widest, it will remain first.
Once I complete my Asscher Anniversary Band, I will have to decide whether or not I will have to switch positions with my WR, due to width.
U.S. tradition is WR closest to the heart, and everything else gets stacked. ER is "supposed to be" on top.
I don't think everyone should HAVE to follow tradition; bling looks beautiful no matter the order!!!
There are some truly beautiful sets/stacks on PS, and this thread features MANY of them!! :love:

IMG_7718.JPG
IMG_7717.JPG
IMG_7710.JPG

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm the weirdo here, I don't, and never have worn a wedding ring, and I didn't have an engagement ring either. :lol: I only wear one ring per finger, so make sure it has plenty of finger coverage.

aac2013

Shiny_Rock
For me, it depends. I wear a plain platinum band that is about .25 sizes smaller than my diamond ring. In the summer when both rings fit perfectly, I wear my wedding band first. However I switch the order in winter because the wedding band adds just a little more security to my diamond when my finger size is smaller due to the cold weather.

doberman

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Currently I put the band on first, then the ER. The reverse order looks weird to me although it makes more sense chronologically. View attachment 528012

@Catmom Beautiful rings!

Last edited:

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium
For what it's worth "tradition" dictates you wear your ER on your right hand during the wedding. The groom puts a WB on a bare ring finger and after the ceremony you move the ER to your left hand. Personally I did this. I know people who've never removed their WB (plain I imagine), but take the ER off to clean, sleep, swim or whatever. I'm by no means suggesting this is THE way - just sayin'

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
For what it's worth "tradition" dictates you wear your ER on your right hand during the wedding. The groom puts a WB on a bare ring finger and after the ceremony you move the ER to your left hand. Personally I did this. I know people who've never removed their WB (plain I imagine), but take the ER off to clean, sleep, swim or whatever. I'm by no means suggesting this is THE way - just sayin'

This is what I did & do. My wedding band doesn't come off ever.

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

tkyasx78

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I generally just wear my ering. On days when i am worried it will fall off ( its about 1/2 size large) i wear one of my bands that is smaller on top so i dont have to worry about the ring falling off.
I rarely wear a second ring though as I like the single ring look .
My first ring was a set though and the band fit on the bottom.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results