carat
color
clarity

Luxury chocolate brands?

CJ2008

Ideal_Rock
Premium
OK...so I'm indecisive...

Can't decide between the milk chocolate and dark chocolate.

All my life I've only liked milk chocolate...but in the past year or so I've cut down on my sugar intake significantly and I am afraid I may actually find the milk chocolates too sweet.

But I'm afraid I'll find the dark too bitter...or just regret not getting the milk

(and no, before you say it, I can't order a box of each! ::) )

I know this is highly subjective...but I'm hoping someone who's actually tasted either or both can help.

CJ2008

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks chroman.

I'm not looking for chocolate options any more (although I do like finding out about them anyway, so glad you posted it) - I ended up getting the person a plant ::) because yes, the shipping was killer...

I am going to order from Leonida's FOR ME to take advantage of their sale...ETA just having a hard time deciding between milk and dark chocolate.

chroman

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Doh - I totally read "jun" as september and didn't notice that you'd bumped a thread from a while ago. Oh well! :)

partgypsy

Ideal_Rock
Premium
If you are still torn, I would get an orchid.

CJ2008

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I ended up getting them a plant...

The chocolate is for me now :bigsmile:

jazzoboe

Shiny_Rock
Thanks for the heads up! I may have just ordered myself 2 pounds of chocolate... don't tell my DH! I have been in love with Leonidas since I tried it in Belgium 11 years ago, and I get it maybe once every two years. Nothing else measures up for me, and I am a serious chocoholic (it's heredity) so I am super excited to have these headed my way!

CJ2008

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh, I'm so glad jazzoboe! :appl:

Do you like both their milk chocolate and their dark? I'm not sure which one to get (I need to pick one! haha) I'm afraid I'll find their milk chocolate too sweet but the dark too bitter (although this is probably a problem in lesser quality chocolates not sure).

jazzoboe

Shiny_Rock
I got the general assortment that has both. I do like dark chocolate, so it's hard to say, but I don't think theirs is too bitter compared to some.

CJ2008

Ideal_Rock
Premium
jazzoboe, I am so glad you let me know this because it prompted me to look for the general assortment! (it does not come up as one of the items on sale when you click through the links on their home page, so I thought maybe only certain items were available for the sale price.)

So I am so happy right now I found the general assortment and it IS on sale! :appl: I just ordered it. :appl:

Miss Stepcut yesterday I went to Whole Foods and at the checkout register there was a bunch of little square chocolates by Lake Champlain and I remembered that was one of the brands that someone had recommended - so I got 2 of them to try...delicious. Expensive (it was $1.25 for a little tiny square) but really really good.

jazzoboe

Shiny_Rock
My chocolate came yesterday. Sooo good!

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lillie Belle -- yummy chocolates and awesome owner.

Cocotutti -- strawberry balsamic truffle. Mmmm. Plus others, that was just my favorite.

Lots and lots more. Northwest Chocolate Festival was this weekend. We got in free because we volunteered. So many amazing chocates all in one place! Look up website for exhibitor list. There weren't any I didn't like. A few really stood out as amazing.

CJ2008

Ideal_Rock
Premium
jazzoboe mine is scheduled to come tomorrow! :appl:

(I am way way too excited about this!)

When I told DH I was a little afraid he'd say something like "you spent $50 for chocolates?" but instead he said "good we won't have to eat Goobers for a few weekends." (or something to that effect). He's so awesome. So now I'm looking forward to them even more.

Hi TP! :wavey: Sounds like a delicious afternoon!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results