shape
carat
color
clarity

The NEW August Tahitians sale thread

Tucs

Brilliant_Rock
Re: August Tahitians

Love it, Fly Girl! That's going to look beautiful.

CRDKeshi

Shiny_Rock

That is going to be so beautiful!!!

Pirard

Brilliant_Rock

Oh fly that looks amazing! The colors work well with the stones...I can't wait to see the finished project.

Kay

Ideal_Rock

Yingh, you have a wonderful collection of Tahitian necklaces! I would love to see a neck shot of the Tahitian/black spinel strand combined with the multi-color strand.

Fly Girl, I like where you are headed with this project. Look at those pearls glow on your project board!

fel

Shiny_Rock
Re: Why is the August Tahitians thread down?

I am attaching the pictures of 1167 here. Basically, there were about 4-6 pearls that had wonderful bright colors that I loved, but then a lot of pearls that were just not too exciting. I wanted all of them (or most) to have those bright colors. One Cherry pearl and one green one (see the middle of pictures 3 and 4) in particular were amazing. I also loved a pistachio one 4 pearls down from the cherry one. The luster on all of them was fantastic. But overall it wasn't my dream strand and I can't afford to have multiple similar strands.

If all goes well I will be getting my dream strand in a few weeks from another pricescoper.

pp_strand1.jpg

pp_strand2.jpg

pp_strand3.jpg

pp_strand4.jpg

pearlsngems

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I bought these round Tahitians for my college age daughter, so that she would always have something classy to wear to interviews and other events.
They are multicolor, 8.0 to 9.7mm, AA+, sharp luster, very light blemishing. 18 inches long.
Second photo is in shade outdoors. (They are on her young neck, not mine! :lol: )

strand_trn_1.jpg

trn_100-1578_in_outdor_0.jpg

strand_trn_100-1578_on_my_daughter_s_neck_in_light_0.jpg

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
Those are stunning! The colors just pop against your skin!

pearlsngems

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you, but the neck is hers! Mine is older and more wrinkly! :lol:

Hmm, as posts are being imported in chronological order, my photos may end up being a duplicate post. Apologies in advance. :oops:

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Yay! My garnet/quartz rondelle and August Tahitian ombre project photos are back. I'm still working on a pearl arrangement that I like so that the piece can be taken in for stringing.

cmd2014

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Fel,

I'll reply to your post here, even though it's in the other thread:

Can I ask what strand you are getting? I was thinking of you because I noticed that Ashley at Pure Pearls has a sister strand listed to my multicolour strand that I've posted for you. It looks beautiful (I have to admit it is tempting me! I could have two multi strands that I could wear as a rope....mmmmmm).

fel

Shiny_Rock
Cmd--

I had been eyeing one at Pure Pearls -- I wonder if it is the same one. The issue is they were just a touch too expensive for me at this time. My plan had been to stalk them until the November sale.

But then it came up that I could obtain Pkinew's multicolor 26". Very excited, but also melancholy about adopting them from someone else's treasured collection.

Fel

BWise

Brilliant_Rock
I sent back all three items for various reasons.

500-116 the oval necklace, is truly remarkable. It has very sharp luster and the peacock overtone is amazing. I debated long and hard, but eventually decided to send it back because it looks 80% similar to my round strand. I think it will be wiser to free up the funds for something else, something I don't have already.

1164 looks nothing close to the stock photo. I still need to post the pictures - they are on my flash card at home. I couldn't see multi-color from this strand and it looks mostly silver to me.

On the multi-color bracelet, I felt the pearls are on the smaller side for its price tag. After I selected it from three options that were offered to me, one pearl had to be removed from the finished bracelet to make the total pearl count an odd number. The bracelet I received was shorter than 15", between 14.5 to 14.75 inches. Honestly I did not like that fact. There is a very visible dimple on the center pearl. So although I was crazy about a few special pearls, it did not work out for me.

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
I spent some time today to put my smoky quartz/garnet (?) rondelles and ombre Tahitian pearls on a temp strand. I'll take it in for professional stringing this week.

tempstrand_1011.jpg

tempstrand_1001.jpg

tempstrand_1003.jpg

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
Thats beautiful fly girl!! I adore smokey quartz with pearls!

Tucs

Brilliant_Rock
Gorgeous, FlyGirl! I love the combination of colours. Very pretty!

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock
Very chic FlyGirl!

KittieCat

Rough_Rock
FlyGirl and Pirard, your creations are fantastic! :clap:
Pearlngems, your daughter looks beautiful with her tahitians!
And everyone's picture are great!

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Thank you for your encouragement Kay, CRDKeshi, Tucs, Pirard, ckrickett, Lovinggems, and KittieCat.

I dropped off my mixed color Tahitian and rondelle strand for a professional finishing yesterday evening. T Lee, from whom I purchased the original gemstone rondelle necklaces that are being sacrificed for this project, says that the beads are tourmaline. :!: This makes sense to me, because when the sunlight hits these rondelles, they have a distinctly pinkish glow. The larger accent beads are probably smoky quartz. My project scheduled to be done in three weeks because they have to order the yellow gold crimps that I want.

So, I'm looking forward in a few weeks to wearing my Tahitian and tourmaline strand. :lickout:

cmd2014

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I really like how that turned out Fly Girl. Way nicer than the Tahitians in the 18 inch ombre strand IMO. They way you have them arranged really suits them.

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Thank you, cmd2014. I'm looking forward to this piece.

I adore an ombre pattern, but this strand didn't have the subtle color graduation that I love. If you look at the original strand the pattern is simply groups of four pearls of similar colors arranged one after another. But the luster on all of the pearls is quite intense, and every pearl has incredible flashy overtones, and the colors mix so nicely. So, I decided to try a gemstone rondelle necklace that I have been wanting.

cmd2014

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think what's amazing is how much the silver, blue, and cherry toned pearls pop with the new configuration, where you didn't see them as much in the original. I know I was initially unsure of how well the tourmaline color would work with the pearls, but I think they are fantastic together. I suspect you will end up wearing it a lot.

cmd2014

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I received a new piece in the mail yesterday. On the very last day of the Tahitian sale I decided to buy a 2nd bracelet (so I could lengthen 2 strands into a double longer rope if I wanted, or wear two bracelets together as a double bracelet). Mia was kind enough to create one for me to match the one I had bought earlier in the sale based on pictures and the file information they still had about my other one. I have to say that it's perfect. It's the dark blue/green body colour pearls that I love with beautiful subtle peacock overtones, matches my other bracelet really well, the luster is great, and there is nothing about it I don't love.

Today I'm wearing it as part of a suite with my blue-green Tahitian strand from last year's sale and diamond huggie drop earrings from American Pearl. I'm feeling fancy!

With strand:

American Pearl Huggies with Tahitian Drops (I love these earrings!):

Neck shot with earrings:

_34720.jpg

strand_and_huggies_right.jpg

ear_shot_ap_huggies.jpg

bracelet_and_0.jpg

cmd2014

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ok, so I have never thought of myself as a bracelet girl (and if I am being honest, I really only bought the bracelets to use to lengthen my existing strands), but I have been driven to distraction by wearing my bracelet on my wrist today. It is so much fun to be able to see the pearls I am wearing. I am so used to short strands and earrings that I can't see and I never realized how much less enjoyment I get from that.

Tucs

Brilliant_Rock
Beautiful bracelet, CMD! What a gorgeous set you have there, so pretty. The colours suit your coloration very well.

I have to admit I also ended up ordering a Tahitian bracelet. I haven't received it yet, but I am really looking forward to wearing pearls on my wrist. I am wearing my Tahitian pearl ring these days and I am really enjoy it for that same reason.

cmd2014

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks Tucs,

I love the blue-green Tahitians. I'd love to save up for one of the Rikitea blues some day (provided there are any left by the time I'm ready to buy one) but I can't seem to keep funds in my piggy bank for that. These wonderful small distractions keep side-tracking me!

Of course now you have me thinking about a ring....

Frost Me

Brilliant_Rock
I would love to see the two bracelets together cmd2014!! :love: :love: I love wearing my double freshadama pearl bracelet nearly everyday, just to see the pearls too, plus I feel like I am really dressed! So glad the second bracelet turned out beautiful and all is blending well together, still loving the diamond and tahtitian earrings.

Tucs

Brilliant_Rock
Here is my drop bracelet from the sale! I'm posting glamour photos and IRL photos. I apologize for the low-quality IRL photos, it was overcast when I received it and I haven't had a chance to take more photos since. In reality the colours are intense green body and overtone variation with lots of blues, pinks and greens. It is a great match for my strand which I got earlier in the year and I love the intense colours and overtones. As usual, Erin was super patient and very accommodating.

tahitian_bracelet_customer.jpg

tahitian_bracelet_on_purple.jpg

2015-10-07_16.jpg

2015-10-07_0.jpg

cmd2014

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That's beautiful Tucs! It matches your strand perfectly!

Pirard

Brilliant_Rock
Gorgeous pearls Tucs! You did well.

Tucs

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks CMD and Pirard!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results