shape
carat
color
clarity

Creating my dream paraiba ring

S

SparkliesLuver

Aw, thank you, SapphireStyle. :)

Thank you, arabella! :D I appreciate you reading through my thread, and I'm honored that my ring has inspired a future ring for you. Thank you again!

Thank you, Crystal. Every time I open the jewelry box, there just aren't any words. :)

Thanks, mysapphirelovingannie!! :D

Thank you, Lovinggems. I'm wondering when reality will hit me and I'll actually, finally realize this is my ring.

EvangelineG

Brilliant_Rock
I have visited these pictures many times this week. So beautiful! Just stunning! Sigh... :love:

This is definitely one for the PS hall of fame.

S

SparkliesLuver

So sorry for missing your comment, EvangelineG! Please forgive me.

I'm happy you've visited the pictures several times - it's so great sharing my experience with everyone. :) Thank you very much for your kind words. They mean so much.

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Definitely in my pantheon of best rings ever.

S

SparkliesLuver

Thank you so much, minousbijoux. :D It's definitely my favorite of the few I have. I look at it every morning when I'm deciding what to wear. :)

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
How do you evaluate your stunning ring after owning it for a short while? Have you been wearing it often.
Would love to see a group shot of your beautiful ring and stones

S

SparkliesLuver

I absolutely love it, Acinom. Every time I look at it I feel grateful for having found it. That might sound stupid, but I always dreamed of something like it. It turned out way better than I expected too! :D I absolutely love wearing it, but I am super cautious when I have it on my hand. As in, I put it in its box every time I get up from my desk. Although, the other week, I did take it out for a lunch date with my co-workers. I may have been rude because I was staring at it half the time. :lol:

Now that I have my red spinel back from AGL, I'll try to take a group shot this weekend or early next week.

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good to hear you are enjoying and wearing the ring and be super careful at the same time.

I am looking forward seeing your group pics!!

S

SparkliesLuver

Acinom, I'm sorry it took me so long. Life has been really busy! I have a lot more respect for your group shots now because it was HARD! haha I wish a few of the stones were more accurate for what I saw, but ... it's a start. :)

img_9777.jpg

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oooh! Amazing group pic Sparkliesluver. It's a very colorful and saturated stone party :love: :love: :love:
Thanks for sharing the group pic :wavey: You are acquiring such an amazing collection. Are you wearing some of them more often than others?

S

SparkliesLuver

Thank you, Acinom. :) I'm wearing my son's ring a lot, and I know when I set the red spinel it'll get worn regularly too.

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I always enjoy seeing your son's ring! I bet it is very easy to wear and also less vulnerable compared to the Paraiba and Afghan tourmalines?

S

SparkliesLuver

Aw, thank you. :) It is very easy to wear. The design is low-profile and the stone is quite durable. I'm exceptionally careful with my paraiba - more so because of what it is, not how high it sits - so it only comes out to play (for the whole day) on certain days; however, I look at it almost every morning. :) My green-blue sits up higher than any other ring I own, so I'm more aware when I wear it.

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I can totally relate to that as I am also babying my faceted Paraiba and my Afghan green. I do enjoy them to the max though.
Will your red spinel be set next?

S

SparkliesLuver

haha I believe it!! Yes, enjoyment to the max here. :)

I'd love for it to be but I'm not sure. I'm actually sort of working on something with Elle (https://instagram.com/p/9ri2-unqng/?taken-by=thegemstoneproject), so we'll see how that goes first. Honestly, I probably won't set anything until mid-2016. Right now I'm sort of collecting stones. :naughty: :Up_to_something:

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ah, you are up to something again :naughty:
Enjoy the designing and collecting process.

S

SparkliesLuver

Thank you, Acinom. :D

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
LOVE your group shot! So gorgeous, and I'm happy to hear you have more projects happening as well! :appl:

S

SparkliesLuver

Thank you, lovedogs. I learned it's difficult to take a group shot as some look pretty good and some do not. haha But at least I'm in good company. :) Yes, me too! :naughty:

lilmosun

Ideal_Rock
Premium
An ideal collection!!

S

SparkliesLuver

What words, lilmosun! Thank you so much - that means a lot coming from you. :)

Siameseroo

Brilliant_Rock
SparkliesLuver|1446747080|3946055 said:
Acinom, I'm sorry it took me so long. Life has been really busy! I have a lot more respect for your group shots now because it was HARD! haha I wish a few of the stones were more accurate for what I saw, but ... it's a start. :)

Gorgeous collection SparkliesLuver! I adore your paraiba ring.

picante27

Shiny_Rock
SparkliesLuver , your paraiba ring is absolutely stunning! :love: I love your group shot. Can you tell me about the green ring underneath your paraiba in your picture? I'm kind of new around here and haven't seen it before. It is breathtaking!

S

SparkliesLuver

Thank you, ricezo. My best friend came to visit this past weekend and she was super excited to finally see it in-person. I kind of wondered if it was going to go home with her! ;-) :lol:

Thank you so much, picante. Sure! That was my first real venture into CS. It's an Afghan green-blue tourmaline cut by Gene from Precision Gem. It's nearly 6cts and measures 11.1mm square. Somehow, someway I was the lucky first person who commissioned a stone from that parcel of rough. He'd been holding onto it for some time. Here's the long thread about my journey - I believe you'll see the stone around page 15:
[URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/how-would-you-set-an-asscher-cut-blue-zircon.204748/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/how-would-you-set-an-asscher-cut-blue-zircon.204748/[/URL]

There's another one about setting the stone, but I don't want to burden you with too much. haha

picante27

Shiny_Rock
Thanks for the info about your other tourmaline ring! I think the color is beautiful and also really really really love the setting :love: . I will check out your thread on it :read: , thanks again :wavey:

S

SparkliesLuver

You're welcome! Aw, thank you. :) I too love the setting and believe it came out really well. Let me know if you have any more questions after digging into things.

S

SparkliesLuver

Thank you, i_love_diamonds! :) I'm still quite humbled every time I wear it; I can't believe it's mine!

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am loving that hand shot...wowza!! :drool:
I really like seeing the color difference between your paraiba and the green tourmaline. Both such fantastic colors!

S

SparkliesLuver

Aw, thank you, elle. :) Yes, there is quite a difference between those two. I never imagined my green-blue glowing until the other day. The lighting must have been just right because when I looked down...! The picture didn't totally capture it, but it did enough. I fully understand the fascination around and attraction to glowy stones.

img_10387.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results