color
clarity

#JOTW Acinom's colors

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Niel|1442698323|3929617 said:
Would you do something that small?

If so, what would you be happy with that small?

I think it would be possible to add a larger stone as center stone while keeping the shank at middle width?
While I have a huge preference for larger sized stones, I would go small for a ruby or emerald:lol: And also for a special colored sapphire like Picante has, a Montana sapphire, but also for a gorgeous blue zircon

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
picante27|1442700311|3929624 said:
Acinom|1442696157|3929607 said:
Green Lake inspirations
Soo inspired by the flowing solitaire Picante just posted by Green Lake Jewelry Works and her stunning peacock ring.
I love these designs I found online...
Mmm, do I need a stone to set in a nature inspired Green Lake design?

Yay! :appl:
I had such a great experience working with green lake, and their craftsmanship is top notch. Do you have a Montana sapphire yet?

Picante: their work is top notch. The ring they made for you is a true piece of jewelry art. I do not have a Montana sapphire yet, but it's definitely on my list.

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
apacherose|1442719623|3929721 said:
Acinom|1442660018|3929446 said:
apacherose: thank you for your kind words about my collection.
The Marc Williams ring is so versatile! When I saw the progress pics I was afraid it would be too high but in real life the dimensions turned out to be perfect.

I agree! It really looks amazing on- I was afraid it would be too high, and I LOVE it. And, seriously, I know you have said it is not your favorite with your skin tone, but, I love you in yellow gold, too. That ring looks just killer on.

My goodness- I would only ever look at your rings in meetings. It would be borderline inappropriate, as I don't think I could tear my eyes away, lol.

Great group shots!!! :love:

Thank you apacherose: I have instantly added YG to my color palette again. In the future I would love a YG 3-stone ring from MW.
Had to laugh on your comments about the meeting :lol:

_34516.jpg

_34517.jpg

_34518.jpg

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Acinom|1442737371|3929762 said:
Niel|1442698323|3929617 said:
Would you do something that small?

If so, what would you be happy with that small?

I think it would be possible to add a larger stone as center stone while keeping the shank at middle width?
While I have a huge preference for larger sized stones, I would go small for a ruby or emerald:lol: And also for a special colored sapphire like Picante has, a Montana sapphire, but also for a gorgeous blue zircon

I'm afraid too much depth would throw this design off.

You could always do a Ruby or a color diamond

Or of course, just do a cab. Maybe do something with a visual phenomenon like a star Ruby or a cats eye?

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
[quote="Niel|1442750161

Or of course, just do a cab. Maybe do something with a visual phenomenon like a star Ruby or a cats eye?[/quote]

Oww, didn't think about that. Thanks Niel!
A ruby or color diamond would be above my budget I'm afraid. Great idea to use a cab!
I think Picante's design can accomodate more depth?
Picante: do you know whether Green Lake has similar designs in the same collection yours is from? I do not want to copy yours since your ring is so unique.

_34527.jpg

_34528.jpg

_34529.jpg

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Acinom|1442752634|3929794 said:
[quote="Niel|1442750161

Or of course, just do a cab. Maybe do something with a visual phenomenon like a star Ruby or a cats eye?

Oww, didn't think about that. Thanks Niel!
A ruby or color diamond would be above my budget I'm afraid. Great idea to use a cab!
I think Picante's design can accomodate more depth?
Picante: do you know whether Green Lake has similar designs in the same collection yours is from? I do not want to copy yours since your ring is so unique.[/quote]

I they have a lot of designs, and most of the ones with prongs could be adapted for more depth, but the particular bezel one you posted is almost a band, and I think any of their designs like that won't look the same with a deeper stone.

Do you have your own unique design they could do??

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
niel: I could never ever come up with a design like that!
I would love a design similar to picante's but enough different not to copy hers. For example with swans

picante27

Shiny_Rock
One nice thing about Green Lake is that almost all of their pieces are completely custom. Also, they help you design the ring around your stone's size and shape. When I first contacted them, I gave them a picture of silver spoons with peacocks engraved on them, ha ha. It just went from there. I picked out several of their designs that had elements I liked (vintage, engraving, intricate metal work) and they came up with my unique design. They made a wax and I was able to give feedback and fine tune the details. It really was a fun experience.
If there's things you like about my peacock ring (what a nice compliment! ) then you could provide a picture of it as the starting point and then add the elements that will make it your own. My designer was Amber Worley, she was wonderful to work with.
One thing to note:if you do not purchase your stone through them, they charge $500! to set it to cover their insurance deductible. I had David Klass set my sapphire since I got it from JW. I was going to get a Montana from GL, but the size i needed was very expensive, so it didn't work out. They do have a great selection of sapphires though as well as a gia certified precision cutter on staff.

makeable

Shiny_Rock
I haven't stopped by in a while and it looks like I've missed a lot! I love the new rings (the Marc Williams makes a stunning statement). Each piece has it's own personality and all are stunning. I think you need more fingers :lol:

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
picante27|1442769624|3929870 said:
One nice thing about Green Lake is that almost all of their pieces are completely custom. Also, they help you design the ring around your stone's size and shape. When I first contacted them, I gave them a picture of silver spoons with peacocks engraved on them, ha ha. It just went from there. I picked out several of their designs that had elements I liked (vintage, engraving, intricate metal work) and they came up with my unique design. They made a wax and I was able to give feedback and fine tune the details. It really was a fun experience.
If there's things you like about my peacock ring (what a nice compliment! ) then you could provide a picture of it as the starting point and then add the elements that will make it your own. My designer was Amber Worley, she was wonderful to work with.
One thing to note:if you do not purchase your stone through them, they charge $500! to set it to cover their insurance deductible. I had David Klass set my sapphire since I got it from JW. I was going to get a Montana from GL, but the size i needed was very expensive, so it didn't work out. They do have a great selection of sapphires though as well as a gia certified precision cutter on staff.

Thank you for sharing these insights picante!! I really appreciate this.
We must share the same taste: when Jeff White first posted your stone on his FB, I was immediately mesmerized by the color and contacted him. I even posted the photo in this thread as 'ban breaking beautiful'
Good to know about the personal approach as well as the setting fee. It's great DK could set your stone as 500 USD is a hefty sum for having a stone set only.
Thanks again :wavey:

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
makeable|1442770575|3929874 said:
I haven't stopped by in a while and it looks like I've missed a lot! I love the new rings (the Marc Williams makes a stunning statement). Each piece has it's own personality and all are stunning. I think you need more fingers :lol:

Aww, thank you for your kind words makeable
I enjoy every single piece. And all are made possible because of the Acquired inspiration here.

_34535.jpg

_34536.jpg

picante27

Shiny_Rock
Acinom|1442779577|3929914 said:
picante27|1442769624|3929870 said:

Thank you for sharing these insights picante!! I really appreciate this.
We must share the same taste: when Jeff White first posted your stone on his FB, I was immediately mesmerized by the color and contacted him. I even posted the photo in this thread as 'ban breaking beautiful'
Good to know about the personal approach as well as the setting fee. It's great DK could set your stone as 500 USD is a hefty sum for having a stone set only.
Thanks again :wavey:

You are very welcome ! I feel the same way about your garnet, the color is just so beautiful. :love: I'm actually getting a fat little pear cut from the same rough. I look forward to seeing what kind of design you decide to go with.

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Picante :wavey:
A fat little purple garnet pear? Yay! That sounds great :appl: I cannot wait to see it.
I am glad I have some time to contemplate on how to set my purple garnet. So many great options!!

picante27

Shiny_Rock
You do have a lot of options for your garnet. I love how helpful the CS forum is with setting ideas! I am following your thread and can't wait to what you decide!

_lovesvintage_

Brilliant_Rock
Acinom, this is a super big request. I was wondering if you could start a thread that just has pics of your gorgeous rings with a link to each one that has one or two. :) So a thread with pics only...like a photo library of sorts.

Any news about your decision on how to set that gorgeous purple garnet?

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
picante27|1443200407|3931756 said:
You do have a lot of options for your garnet. I love how helpful the CS forum is with setting ideas! I am following your thread and can't wait to what you decide!

Thank you Picante! The PS community is indeed super helpful and inspiring.
Still undecided on the purple garnet though.

And I just cannot get your peacock setting out of my head :love: :love: :love: Not for the purple stone but for a future blue or teal stone.

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
_lovesvintage_|1443555181|3933237 said:
Acinom, this is a super big request. I was wondering if you could start a thread that just has pics of your gorgeous rings with a link to each one that has one or two. :) So a thread with pics only...like a photo library of sorts.

Any news about your decision on how to set that gorgeous purple garnet?

Hi Lovesvintage :wavey: Thank you for your request. I feel very flattered. Not sure whether I should do this though as I am already cluttering up this section with this giant thread :shock: I promise I will think about it.

Rather sunny weather in this part of the globe! My natural blue topaz looks like a drop of blue water!

_418.jpeg

_419.jpeg

_420.jpeg

Siameseroo

Brilliant_Rock
Your natural blue topaz is stunning! Any updates on the purple garnet? I can't wait to see that set!

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
ricezo|1444215207|3935721 said:
Your natural blue topaz is stunning! Any updates on the purple garnet? I can't wait to see that set!
Thanks Ricezo :wavey:
It will take a longer while before I will have my purple garnet set. Perhaps around the beginning of 2016. Not 100% sure yet on how to set it.

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
ban breaking beauty

Middle of the night here, but I just had to share my new additions which made me break my ban before it has even started!
Bought this beautiful stone from the wonderful Chris Auletta!! It has just been recut by Dan Stair and I just received the 'after' pics from Chris. I love the colour! Chris had the recut done as the pavillion was quite deep. Dan managed to do a pavilion only recut.

Chris send me a video as well as some quick iPhone pics:

_518.jpeg

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Specs!
Zircon
4.59ct
8.99x7.69mm (depth now 6.7mm)

I love the color. It's very green, Dan noted it is quite dichroic. in some lights it shows golden green flashes.

It's great working with Chris Auletta. He is very patient, gives great explanations and has a super customer service. A very charming and professional vendor. Thank you Chris!!!

_520.jpeg

Siameseroo

Brilliant_Rock
Lol I can't believe you broke your ban already!

Gorgeous stone though! Are you planning on setting it anytime soon?

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That zircon is lovely!!! I saw it on FB and would have jumped at it if it weren't already spoken for ;-)

So happy it went to a PSer so I can see more pics! I just love all the flashes of different blue/green tones from the pictures. Congrats--and I think this stone is worthy of ban breaking :)

picante27

Shiny_Rock
Beautiful zircon! I love the color!

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you picante, ricezo and lovedogs :wavey:
You are so right ricezo about breaking my ban already, but I just could not resist. I will have it set at the beginning of 2016 probably. picante has been super generous and I can actually use her peacock ring design. I am thrilled!!

lovedogs: I saw a photo of the stone before the recut and I contacted Chris about it. It was actually just before the recut by Dan Stair and Chris allowed me to reserve the stone while I could decide after the recut. I am really happy with the outcome. About 1 mm was cut from the pavilion and it's now a brilliant pavilion (adapted for an oval) instead of a step cut pavilion. The crown already had a good cut so the spread could remain the same.

Thank you picante! I am glad you like the zircon. I am super happy with the cut and colour. A huge thank you for allowing me to use your beautiful design. I cannot believe how generous you are. Amber seems to be a very nice person to work with. Looking forward to have it set.

_525.jpeg

_526.jpeg

_527.jpeg

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
lovedogs|1445083369|3939195 said:
That zircon is lovely!!! I saw it on FB and would have jumped at it if it weren't already spoken for ;-)

So happy it went to a PSer so I can see more pics! I just love all the flashes of different blue/green tones from the pictures. Congrats--and I think this stone is worthy of ban breaking :)

lovedogs: it's such a huge compliment that you were eyeing this stone as well. If you are still interested please contact Chris: according to his FB he is working on more stones like these.

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
As I said before, ban, what ban?! :lol:

Lovely zircon, and I look forward to seeing the finished ring.

DK :bigsmile:

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Acinom|1445100298|3939284 said:
lovedogs|1445083369|3939195 said:

lovedogs: it's such a huge compliment that you were eyeing this stone as well. If you are still interested please contact Chris: according to his FB he is working on more stones like these.

Aww, thanks Acinom! I will definitely be following him on FB for more of these. It helps that he lives in the same city as I do right now, so it would be easy to preview a stone!

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
dk168|1445175283|3939528 said:
As I said before, ban, what ban?! :lol:

Lovely zircon, and I look forward to seeing the finished ring.

DK :bigsmile:

Thank you DK!
I seriously feel the ban has now begun! :naughty: No more new stones, only setting the few stones I already have 8-)
Any news from your side DK?

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
lovedogs: ah, that's great that you live in the same city as Chris which allows you to review stones with your own eyes.
wish I lived closer to the one or more PS vendors.

I love love love your new set from Sally. Curious to see your new future additions.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results