carat
color
clarity

Catch all thread - talk or better yet show us

_lovesvintage_

Brilliant_Rock
Re: Catch all thread - talk or better yet show us

jstarfireb|1442276695|3927803 said:
Managed to get a clearer shot of the demantoid when I was wearing it earlier today!

Love your new rings, but especially your demantoid. Congrats!

_lovesvintage_

Brilliant_Rock

lovedogs|1441472518|3924015 said:
_lovesvintage_|1441411034|3923802 said:
lovedogs said:
_lovesvintage_|1441403655|3923734 said:
Two stones arrived today! :) A recut 1.61 ct Nigerian tourmaline that I got off of LT by Select Gem and a 2.16 ct Spess garnet that is red orange from Steve of Westview Gems. He gave me a bonus included white topaz and the rough that the garnet was cut from. These are the best quick pics I could do.

Both are gorgeous, but that spess :love: :love: is just amazing. So gorgeous, and looks almost like a rubelitte or smilar to my eyes with that awesome red hue. Great purchases! How do you feel about them in hand?

Lovedogs, initial reactions are :love: , but especially the spess. I love how it looked so red to my eyes right out of the box. I still need to see them in other lighting though.

Glad you love them so far! Please show us more pics in different lighting--we'd love more eye candy!

Here are some more pics. One with it compared to my rhodolite garnet, in CFL light, and showing how red it can look.

img_20150908_013643.jpg

img_20150905_081922.jpg

img_20150914_215219.jpg

_lovesvintage_

Brilliant_Rock

puppyguts|1442035491|3926790 said:
20150907_140018.jpg 20150911_161504.jpg 20150911_161600.jpg 20150911_161800.jpg 20150911_161353.jpg
20150911_161345_0.jpg 20150907_140156_0.jpg

Hey you go. Phone photos only unfortunately

I love your pear chrysoberyl ring!

apacherose

Brilliant_Rock

I got new earrings today from Yvonne Raley: red cushion spinel studs to go with my red spinel ring (which I love and wear all the time-probably too much- the red is perfect for me)

And sweet little African ruby flower earrings.

Edit to add a profile of the ring.

_34665.jpg

_34666.jpg

_34667.jpg

_34668.jpg

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Your new earrings look stunning apacherose!!! And I love love love your spinel ring.

NKOTB

Ideal_Rock
Premium

I had those ruby flower rings favourited! They're lovely. I would love an ear shot if you get the chance! Your red spinels are great, too. I have a suite of five I need to set!

_lovesvintage_

Brilliant_Rock

Very beautiful apacherose! I think I favorited that spinel ring too! :) I am so happy it went to you. What fun!!! Matching studs and a flower ruby set too. :love: We have very similar tastes.

apacherose

Brilliant_Rock

With all of us Yvonne Raley fans one of us should start a show me thread for her. Thank you Acinom, Nkotb, and loves vintage, for the compliments! I have gotten so much enjoyment out of my ring I was so happy to get the studs. I will feel so put together now, lol. The flowers were such an impulse buy but i am happy with the purchase; they are very comfortable and easy to wear! They lie nice and flat whereas the scroll studs definitely stick out a bit.

I have new found respect for people who manage ear shots- this is the best I could do, lol! Nkotb I hope you share how you set your suite of 5. You have red rings that are saved in my folder- I know what you do will be fabulous. Red is my favorite.

Lovesvintage I am not at all surprised we share some likes as your screen name could describe me, as well.

_34671.jpg

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Apacherose: those earrings are so lovely! I love the shape, and the color, and everything about them!

jbkhere

Brilliant_Rock

apacherose|1443457221|3932777 said:
I got new earrings today from Yvonne Raley: red cushion spinel studs to go with my red spinel ring (which I love and wear all the time-probably too much- the red is perfect for me)

And sweet little African ruby flower earrings.

Edit to add a profile of the ring.

apacherose - I'm a sucker for three stones with the same stone, I love yours! I have a three stone tanzanite - I just LOVE that giant bunch of color you get from all three stones. And your earrings are TDF! Congrats!!

apacherose

Brilliant_Rock

Thanks, lovedogs!!!

Jkbhere- thank you and I am in complete agreement- I love the color from those suites. I am thrilled about lovedogs 5 stone sapphire- wow. Please post a pic of your three stone tanzanite the next time you pop it on!

jbkhere

Brilliant_Rock

I haven't been on CS in ages so I had to go check out lovedogs five stone. WHOA! you're right! I can't wait to see that one finished!
My tanzanite three stone is a couple of years old now. I'm sure I've got a post on it somewhere....
I can't stop checking out your ruby earrings - love them! :love:

Sungura

Brilliant_Rock

ApacheRose. I loved that 3 stone spinel ring in Yvonne's site and now I am loving it even more seeing it in your hand and as part of the suite. Such a beautiful clear and saturated red.

ilovegemstones

Ideal_Rock
Premium

I love those earring Apacherose! They look amazing on you!

userangl28212003

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

my new pink champagne diamond ring :)

pinkring3.jpg
pink7.jpg
pinkring2.jpg
pink1.jpg

Deathspi

Shiny_Rock
Premium

Userangl28212003, I love all the little details in your ring, and that diamond is beautiful! :appl:

NKOTB

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Dibs on those earrings if you ever sell, apacherose! ;-) And thanks for the compliment on my reds.

Picked these two rings up today. My two Jeff White stones, green in Julia B setting and purple in preloved.

_415.jpeg

Sungura

Brilliant_Rock

Oh oh oh is that your vanadium beryl NKOTB? I've been waiting to see that set. We need more pics. I'm going to start a purple garnet show and tell thread tomorrow so hopefully you will add more pics of your JW purple garnet there

I love love love seeing those two colors on the same hand. All your gems are so saturated and glowing!!

apacherose

Brilliant_Rock

NKOTB|1443578708|3933342 said:
Dibs on those earrings if you ever sell, apacherose! ;-) And thanks for the compliment on my reds.

Picked these two rings up today. My two Jeff White stones, green in Julia B setting and purple in preloved.

Well, wow- beautiful stones and rings- I agree with Sungura- those colors are incredible together, and the stones look so vivid. I'll have to look up what they are. The Juila B setting is gorgeous! Gorgeous.

lilmosun

Ideal_Rock
Premium

A ring is on it's way for the Yvonne show me thread that apacherose suggested (Is it allowed? So many of us have wonderful pieces from her).

A hauynite ring with one of Barry's moonstones that I bought from a PSer.

yvonne.jpg

Sungura

Brilliant_Rock

Wow wow wow Lilmosun!!! I can't wait to see more pictures of that ring. I have never seen so many hauynites in a jewelry piece before. I'll bet they look spectacular with the moonstone's blue. I hope you will be able to capture it in pictures for us

As for the Yvonne ring thread...I think is ok. I've seen a "show us your David Klass rings" thread. But I'm still very new here. Hopefully some experienced PS'ers will advise

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

lilmosun|1444095823|3935231 said:
A ring is on it's way for the Yvonne show me thread that apacherose suggested (Is it allowed? So many of us have wonderful pieces from her).

yvonne.jpg

That is stunning! Unbelievably beautiful. I want.

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Sungura|1444099698|3935251 said:
Wow wow wow Lilmosun!!! I can't wait to see more pictures of that ring. I have never seen so many hauynites in a jewelry piece before. I'll bet they look spectacular with the moonstone's blue. I hope you will be able to capture it in pictures for us

As for the Yvonne ring thread...I think is ok. I've seen a "show us your David Klass rings" thread. But I'm still very new here. Hopefully some experienced PS'ers will advise

I'm certain you can. Over in SMTB there are all sorts of threads for specific designers.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

lilmosun|1444095823|3935231 said:

yvonne.jpg

Everyone is posting such beautiful projects!

I had to give a shout out to this one though because moonstones are a particular favorite of mine right now.

Lilmosun,
Please post more pics when you get it. It's really lovely.

S

SparkliesLuver

lilmosun, please, please start a new thread. That's a stunning ring. :love: I've wondered about that combination; it works so well together. Can't wait to see it on your hand and TONS more pictures. :D ;-)

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

limosun that is spectacular! I adore the combination, and the overall ring is beautiful! +1 to the suggestion to start a thread for it so we can see more pics!

lilmosun

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Thank you for all the kind words!

This is actually an extension and completion of my hauynite ring endeavor which turned into two projects. Originally, I purchased some hauynite melee from Yvonne as sample stones. I immediately fell in love with the bright little blue stones - so purchased more to make a ring. A little backwards, and in hindsight harder, than starting with a center stone. On a mission, I drove Yvonne crazy as we looked for a center stone to use with my hauynites in her Camellia setting. The powerful bright blue simply clashed with or overwhelmed many stones and/or brought out any modifiers. We finally settled on a paraiba cab and while I totally love the outcome, the hauynes ended up playing more of a supporting role to the glowy paraiba. While this moonstone isn't ideal, like TL's, it seemed like a perfect foil for the hauyne with its blue adularescence. So I decided to make another attempt at a hauynite ring. I'll take a handshot when it arrives :)

puppyguts

Shiny_Rock

Just bought this pink fire quartz (covellite inclusions) from TGT it's a buff top oval. I'm thinking champagne diamond millgrain halo split shank rose gold
qc12.gif photo_2_138.jpg photo_1_149.jpg

Moonstone was going to be my next project for my birthday but I can't find one I'm happy with. I do really like this stone. Can't wait until it arrives.

qubitasaurus

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

I promised a while ago to post pictures of the ring I had made, based on Ricezo's stunning ruby ring. I am really happy with how it turned out, the only problem is I'm insufferably enamored by it. First picture is Ricezo's ring, the following two are my precious (~.6 cts copper bearing tourmaline in rose gold) :) .

ricezo_s_ring.jpg

ring_228.jpg

ring_229.jpg

S

SparkliesLuver

Congratulations on such a pretty ring, qubitasaurus! I love the proportions and the orientation of everything. It came out wonderfully! And you know I'm a fan of that color ... :love: :lickout:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results