shape
carat
color
clarity

what about this ebay ring....????

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

shoemortgage1979

Rough_Rock
Can I have an opinion on this item on ebay?? Item no. is 2690583046...(it''s a diamond marquise ring). Is this a good price? Is this good quality? Can this be trusted?? Any thoughts and opinions are greatly appreciated!!!
33.gif
23.gif

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Here''s the ebay link

73_1_b.JPG

I personally would not feel comfortabe buying expensive jewelery on ebay. For the amount you would spend on the ebay ring why not use it to buy a good stone from a PS vendor.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
If the cert is accurate it's a SI 2 which may or may not be eyeclean and with only a 7 day return policy it doesn't give you much time to have it checked out by an indepentant appraiser.

Here's one from whiteflash that is $2103 with the Pricescope discount. This would leave you $1000 for the setting based on the price of the ebay one.

here's another one from WF that would be $3050 with the discount leaving you some for a WG setting.

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
ebay is definitely not worth the risk
38.gif

diamondsbylauren

Brilliant_Rock
YOu guys probably know that I am going to say that it IS OK to buy high end items on eBay if you know the seller and are comfortable with the policies.
After all- we sell millions of dollars of diamonds every year on eBay.

Still, I see a lot of bogus offerings on eBay-
Here''s a few warning signs:

1) The diamond is referred to as "Certified"- although it does not have GIA report
2) Looking thru the sellers listings, it is clear that they are using stock photos- every prinncess cut uses the same photo- which means you can''t be sure the ring in the photo is the one you''ll get.

Misrepresentation thru photos or word is a big Red Flag

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
oh yes David, you guys and SignedPieces would be the only ones I would be ok with but If I was purchasing from either of you I would still contact you directly and skip Ebay for such a high dollar purchase. But that''s just me
1.gif
2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results