• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
iLander|1443060191|3931113 said:
kenny said:
jaysonsmom|1443055989|3931077 said:
I'm just wondering how anyone can get any sleep naked, especially if their SO sharing the same bed is also naked? :saint:

Uhm, clearly you've not been married very long. :D

I've been married 30+ years, and I do not get any sleep if I am naked. :naughty:

Wow! Lucky You!
Oh, and is your hunky hunky love-machine busy this weekend? :naughty:

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
iLander|1443060645|3931115 said:
But seriously, :D I sleep on a $9,000 mattress* (but heavily discounted) in finest silk pajamas. I wear 100% cashmere socks that are so light and fluffy, the knitter specifically states that they are not for walking in. Even then, they wear out in 6 months. I sleep on 2 pillows of the finest down, almost $200 each. The bedroom must be exactly 74 degrees and faintly lavender scented.

So, you can see there is entirely too much pomp and circumstance involved in my sleep to just plop down in my skivvies.

Wow!
Hubba Hubba ...

So are YOU busy this weekend? :naughty:

iLander

Ideal_Rock
kenny|1443060775|3931116 said:
kenny said:
I'm just wondering how anyone can get any sleep naked, especially if their SO sharing the same bed is also naked? :saint:

I've been married 30+ years, and I do not get any sleep if I am naked. :naughty:

Wow! Lucky You!
Oh, and is your hunky hunky love-machine busy this weekend? :naughty:

He's busy Every weekend! That's what I'm sayin . . . :naughty:

iLander

Ideal_Rock
kenny|1443060841|3931117 said:
iLander|1443060645|3931115 said:
But seriously, :D I sleep on a $9,000 mattress* (but heavily discounted) in finest silk pajamas. I wear 100% cashmere socks that are so light and fluffy, the knitter specifically states that they are not for walking in. Even then, they wear out in 6 months. I sleep on 2 pillows of the finest down, almost $200 each. The bedroom must be exactly 74 degrees and faintly lavender scented.

So, you can see there is entirely too much pomp and circumstance involved in my sleep to just plop down in my skivvies.

Wow!
Hubba Hubba ...

So are YOU busy this weekend? :naughty:

You know you only want me for my mattress. :$$): :$$):

dontaskme

Rough_Rock
Always if I could. I sleep with clothes on if I'm sleeping with a friend in a hotel or if the step kids are around. Otherwise always naked.

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love the feel of sheets on my skin so topless but not bottomless. Just seems icky.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
kenny said:

:lol:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
No but I sleep with a very lightweight sleeveless and short nightgown and a heavy soft comforter all year long and the bedroom is always a very cool temperature. I too love the feel of the sheets on my skin and what I wear to bed allows me to feel the sheets on my skin.

If we slept naked I would wash the sheets every day and who has the energy or time for that? If one sleeps naked and then doesn't change their sheets it's like not changing your underwear every day IMO (for those of us who wear underwear that is :cheeky: ).

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
missy|1443088595|3931195 said:
If one sleeps naked and then doesn't change their sheets it's like not changing your underwear every day IMO (for those of us who wear underwear that is :cheeky: ).
I see what you're saying, but if you're getting up and straight into a shower to get scrubbed clean for the day, I don't think there's a need to wash sheets every single day!

Just to ask the question, do you wash towels after one use? I had an ex-girlfriend who did that - it seems such a waste of cleaning products / water / energy when you are supposed to be scrubbed clean after a shower so are just taking water off and not making towels that dirty, if at all!

madelise|1443050831|3931038 said:
Always. I try to be as naked as possible during the day, too. Every time I bend over, my belly fat folds over, and I force myself to learn to love what 'flaws' I have. Every mirror I pass, I see that I don't look like the perfect celebrities' bodies. And I force myself to see it. This is normal. I shouldn't NOT be naked because the media worships one appearance over another. I plan on staying naked even after having kids. There's nothing wrong with naked bodies.
If we could 'Like' posts on here, I would be liking this one a lot 8-)

I sleep naked 99.9% of the time - I very occasionally wear very loose fitting shorts when sleeping at a friend's house, but TBH, I generally still sleep naked but keep underpants/shorts under my pillow for when I wake up :razz:

I think it's slightly weird how many western societies have issues with nakedness - we're born naked; we're all naked under our clothes; we all bathe naked; we are actually all pretty much the same really; it is not 'dirty' to be naked (that view is imposed on us by others); and being naked does not automatically equal sex (or if it did, bathing would be a lot more interesting... lol).

Children growing up with parents who are at ease with their bodies and who don't make being naked something that is secretive / furtive / associated with sexual behaviour only, instead showing it is just something that is entirely natural and (should be) without any implications, can only be good for kids' self-esteem, body-confidence, and acceptance of physical differences in others that so many closed-minded individuals pick on (and pass such behaviour onto their children, sadly).

At what point does being naked become 'wrong' in our western societies? As a child we very probably ran naked and free around the house or in the garden when it was hot or we'd just escaped our parents' grasp after being bathed, but it seems 99% of people end up never being naked as an adult apart from bathing, for sex (and even then not always), and perhaps a sneaky skinny-dip when we are absolutely, completely, 110% sure no-one else will be around.

In remote tribes in hot and sweaty jungles far from civilisation, and I imagine all the way through history, men, women and children are naked or wear just small loinclothes (for protection from the elements, I imagine). Is someone out hunting their tribe's next meal in the buff thinking 'ooh, I'm naked, how rude/wrong!'? No, being naked is just a practical way to 'dress' and has no negative connotations!

Personally speaking, I generally like to wear as little as I can get away with (or absolutely need to), be it at home or while away at a holiday villa / beach - sometimes it's nice to be snuggled in something fluffy when it's cold :D but au naturel sunbathing / swimming / sleeping feels so 'freeing' from the binds of societal conventions/expectations(/paranoia :roll: ) that clothes can represent! If we can't be naked in our own beds in our own homes, where on earth can we be true to ourselves and relax entirely?!

Why should I conform and have to wear clothes because others have engrained unthinking doctrine that associates not wearing them with 'wrong'? Is the sight of a naked body really that offensive? If so, it shouldn't be, for the reasons mentioned above. I would rather any children I do have find a naked body boring / of no particular note / interesting from a medical science point of view, rather than sniggering behind their hands or feeling scared and/or guilty on the few occasions they might otherwise catch a glimpse of one, either on the beach or on the TV or one of those appalling magazines that are 90% fabricated nonsense about celebrities. If we take away the 'mystery' of the naked body, we take away an aspect that makes nudity 'naughty'.

Yes, clothes are appropriate in many/most circumstances, but if one is on a nudist beach, we are all equal when we are naked, and it's refreshing to take people for who they are as a person rather than what they are wearing representing/signalling what we should apparently think of them - you can be a millionaire businessman or a famous personality, but when you're naked, you're just a naked guy/gal :sun:

I would recommend that anyone who has hangups about being naked book a villa holiday in some remote, warm location and spend some time just being naked - it might feel a bit 'naughty' at first, and you might feel a bit 'vulnerable' without whatever thin layer of material would normally form your clothes 'shield' in that situation, but you soon get used to not having anything on and just forget about it. I find wearing swimming trunks/shorts an absolute bind now, they either just drag me down into the water when swimming or squash things that shouldn't be squashed :shock: so I look forward to the seclusion of our usual villa with neighbours at least quarter of a mile away, so that I don't have to pander to anyone else's hangups and can just let it all hang out, so to speak! :tongue: :lol:

Anyway, I feel like I've gone off on some sort of rant and there's probably wayyyy too much information in there, so apologies... :oops: lol :lol:

In summary - embrace the nakedness, don't be afraid of your own body, and don't let others dictate how you see yourself or behave in the privacy of your own home (or elsewhere for that matter) :)

tuffyluvr

Brilliant_Rock
missy said:
No but I sleep with a very lightweight sleeveless and short nightgown and a heavy soft comforter all year long and the bedroom is always a very cool temperature. I too love the feel of the sheets on my skin and what I wear to bed allows me to feel the sheets on my skin.

If we slept naked I would wash the sheets every day and who has the energy or time for that? If one sleeps naked and then doesn't change their sheets it's like not changing your underwear every day IMO (for those of us who wear underwear that is :cheeky: ).

But you're not scooting your crotch and behind all over the sheets... Your underwear touches your body all day long, so I don't see the similarity here. I take a quick body shower each night before bed--just a quick rinse off and I thoroughly wash my feet, as I can't sleep if my feet feel even slightly dirty, so our sheets feel clean to me for 5-7 days, and that's the frequency I change them.

iLander

Ideal_Rock
I do NOT recommend being naked around kids. :wavey: Not that anyone mentioned that, just saying.

My hippy-dippy aunt was naked around her three sons a lot while they were growing up. Especially when pregnant. I used to go to her house once in a while, and it was an eyeful for pre-teen me. :shock: I think it warped their ideas about body image and parents versus sexuality. They talked (to me only) about how they wished their mom was "normal" and "like other moms".

Now none of her sons are married, and they're all approaching 50. The oldest sleeps with everything that moves, as long as she's under 30. He's talked about when they pass 30, the woman's skin gets saggy and loose and he doesn't like it. I'm not sure what the connection is, but I think the loss of "innocence" affected them somehow.

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
iLander|1443113609|3931316 said:
I do NOT recommend being naked around kids. :wavey: Not that anyone mentioned that, just saying.

My hippy-dippy aunt was naked around her three sons a lot while they were growing up. Especially when pregnant. I used to go to her house once in a while, and it was an eyeful for pre-teen me. :shock: I think it warped their ideas about body image and parents versus sexuality. They talked (to me only) about how they wished their mom was "normal" and "like other moms".

Now none of her sons are married, and they're all approaching 50. The oldest sleeps with everything that moves, as long as she's under 30. He's talked about when they pass 30, the woman's skin gets saggy and loose and he doesn't like it. I'm not sure what the connection is, but I think the loss of "innocence" affected them somehow.
Just to clarify, when I said about being naked around kids is fine, I didn't mean parading around the house all day in your birthday suit, especially not when they have visitors round :shock: LOL :lol:

I just meant there's no need to hide everything when going for a shower and getting changed etc!

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
missy|1443088595|3931195 said:
If one sleeps naked and then doesn't change their sheets it's like not changing your underwear every day IMO (for those of us who wear underwear that is :cheeky: ).

Very reasonable question.
We shower before bedtime.
Actually this time of year I'll often take a second short shower for those southern parts in the morning after doing that bathroom thing. ;-)

If I'm 'wearing my skin' in the home during the day I only sit on white towels reserved for this purpose.
They are changed daily and laundered with bleach.
Actually, I buy large beach towels at Costco and cut them up into several pieces and hem the edges. Way cheaper than an equivalent number of hand towels.

If I need to have a second go in the bathroom later in the day I'll jump in the shower again.
I'm quite fastidious about the health-related aspects of 'wearing my skin'.

iluvshinythings

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I almost always sleep naked. The exception is when I'm a guest at someone else's house or when we have guests at ours. I get really hot at night and I hate it when my night clothes get twisted or stuck to me. I think I could sleep in full body armor and Mr Iluvshonythings would be trying to keep me awake.

I do wear pajamas daily though. When I'm done for the day and am ready to relax, I put on my flannel pj's. I shamelessly wear Christmas pj's year round. (my poor DH is not a fan of this habit but I did stop wearing them to walk the dog when we moved into a nicer neighborhood) They are carefully folded and placed on the bench at the end of the bed when I'm ready to go to sleep.

jaysonsmom

Ideal_Rock
Dancing Fire|1443056864|3931086 said:
J'smom

:Up_to_something: b/c some of us isn't as horny as you!... :lol:

Nope, it's the other way around. I would have to sleep with one eye open or else my husband might take advantage of the naked situation!

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
jaysonsmom|1443132041|3931429 said:
Dancing Fire|1443056864|3931086 said:
J'smom

:Up_to_something: b/c some of us isn't as horny as you!... :lol:

Nope, it's the other way around. I would have to sleep with one eye open or else my husband might take advantage of the naked situation!
:lol:

iLander

Ideal_Rock
OoohShiny|1443114618|3931324 said:
iLander|1443113609|3931316 said:

Just to clarify, when I said about being naked around kids is fine, I didn't mean parading around the house all day in your birthday suit, especially not when they have visitors round :shock: LOL :lol:

I just meant there's no need to hide everything when going for a shower and getting changed etc!

Oh, well that's a relief, :D because that's what my aunt did! :shock: Naked as a jay bird. I'm pretty sure that screwed them up pretty good. :D I often think that if they had neighbors close by, those boys would be normal today. :)

LoveLikeCrazy

Brilliant_Rock
I sleep ALMOST naked. I sleep in just undies (no bra). I work nights, and my husband works during day (when i am sleeping). I love the feeling of my silk bedding on my skin!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
OoohShiny, I launder our towels every 3 days or so. That works best for us. As for sheets every week.

Check this out and make sure to watch the cute cat video. LOL hysterical with the cat rubbing his butt all over the sheets. :lol:

http://www.prevention.com/health/how-often-should-you-wash-bath-towels?cid=NL_PVNT_-_09252015_bathtowels_hd

http://www.womenshealthmag.com/health/dirty-sheets?cid=isynd_PV_0915

http://giphy.com/gifs/cheezburger-cat-kitten-squee-TlK63EQERmiAVzMEgO4?utm_source=iframe&utm_medium=embed&utm_campaign=tag_click

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Are the results what you expected?

I'm amazed only half said never.
I would have guessed 90% would have voted never.

screen_shot_2015-09-26_at_9.png

EvangelineG

Brilliant_Rock
I said "3" because I'm not sure if socks count. Must have socks!

Surprisingly interesting topic. :lol:

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
EvangelineG|1443313531|3932243 said:
I said "3" because I'm not sure if socks count. Must have socks!

Surprisingly interesting topic. :lol:

Well ... according to this thread, sleeping in the buff can result in ... :oops: ... socksual activity.

NOYFB

Ideal_Rock
Interesting question....while I love the feeling of laying/sleeping in fresh laundered sheets all over my naked body, either in our home or at a very swanky hotel, I have only done it occasionally. My issue is the possibility of any creepy crawlies getting their way into open orifices down there... (I'm sure I just gave Packie a heart attach with that image). While I know the likelihood of this happening is very slim, it still skeeves me out enough to wear underwear in bed 97% of the time. I know that my fear is completely irrational, as my DH has pointed out on several occasions, but, yea, I just can't....

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think there are zillions of organisms/critters that live on the cleanest and healthiest person body.

I know. I know. ... LA LA LA LA LA ...

screen_shot_2015-09-26_at_7.png

GliderPoss

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Not unless it's mid-summer and boiling hot BUT it's honestly more to do with the possibility of the boogie-man getting me in the middle of the night... :lol: Same reason I cannot sleep with any doors/cupboards open and hubby has to sleep closest to the door.... :oops:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results