shape
carat
color
clarity

Curprian Ring in the Works!

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am so excited that my cuprian is finally going to be set after sitting on it for more than 8 years. It will be a modified double halo, in a flower design. I have not decided whether to go with 18K rose gold or platinum as yet.

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
OOOooh that's so exciting, Chrono! Could you post pictures of the stone itself, or some inspiration pics? I can't wait to follow along as you start the project!

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is why CAD designers have a job. :lol: I am still figuring out the gallery design. Those who've been here the past few weeks will recognize the design as a mishmash of 2 rings.

mockup.png

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I like this idea, especially with the double halo + "petal" look. It's unique and elegant, but still lots of bling :) I'm excited for you!

ccuheartnurse

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Wow....that is seriously going to look beautiful! Great design. :appl:

pinkjewel

Ideal_Rock
I like the scalloped edges- they soften the "shield" look. Are you planning to bezel the cuprian or prong set it? And here we go again with the rose gold question when you have rose gold skin- I go thru the same dilemma every time, too. The platinum will be more stark if you know what I mean, but will stand out against your skin whereas the rose gold will give a softer look. Can't wait to see how this turns out- it will be beautiful no matter which you select.

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Do you have a pic of your stone I'm not sure I've ever seen it.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have asked that the petals be tilted a little downwards to give it a softer and realistic look. All ideas as to the gallery design are welcome!

ETA
PinkJewel,
I think I will go with chevron prongs for the centre stone.

208_after.jpg

cuprianmelees.png

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oooh! This will be a amazing project. You have a beautiful stone and I love the setting your have chosen for it.
Did you get your Paraiba melee from the same source as Sparkliesluver? That melee is an amazing find.

pinkjewel

Ideal_Rock
Chrono- have you received your melee? Mine has gone MIA in USPS... :(sad

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes, the little melees are from Yvonne. Oh no! Where is the last tracked location of the melees? Mine should arrive today.

_lovesvintage_

Brilliant_Rock
Wow! :love: This will be a stunning ring when done! I am definitely following this project too. Beautiful cuprian!!! I really like the idea of 18K RG and maybe platinum around the diamond melees. However you choose, I can't wait! I was guessing Yvonne in my head for the melees. :) I think PSers have bought up all her stock. :lol: I hope they make it to you today as scheduled!

S

SparkliesLuver

How exciting, Chrono! :D It's going to be a stunner. :love: I've loved that trillion design, so it'll be great to see it come to fruition for one of our very own PSers.

Do you have any initial gallery ideas or thoughts? How deep is your stone?

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have no idea of what the dimensions of the trilliant is. :oops:

fakering.jpg

S

SparkliesLuver

Chrono said:
I have no idea of what the dimensions of the trilliant is. :oops:

haha That's alright. Just wondered how much room we might have to work with. Are you going to ask the vendor (who is creating the ring) for help with the gallery design or do you hope to do that yourself?

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's no secret that the designer/bench is Davis Klass. He is open to ideas so it's open season, CSers! The stone is slightly over 2 cts so I think it's probably close to 7.5 mm.

S

SparkliesLuver

Oh, okay. Cool! Well then. :) Do you have any other views of your inspiration ring? Just curious how it attaches to the shank. Or do you know how you want that to be designed?

Take these as pure inspiration - not as stuff to copy directly. :lol: I'll keep thinking. :)

sapphire_and_diamonds_modern_halo_tulip_design_basket_engagement_ring__8548c0ee.jpg

trellis-ring-blue-topaz-design.jpg

ritani_forevermark_engagement_ring_1rz44002-default.jpg

S

SparkliesLuver

Or you could have no gallery - leave it completely open. I considered this option.

icm_61.jpg

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I like designs that make it easy for me to clean the pavilion. I find the original gallery uninspiring.

gallery.png

S

SparkliesLuver

Seeing that, I really like the idea of leaving it all open, but instead playing with the sides. I agree that it is pretty uninspiring, but it'd be neat to play with that part. Hmmm...

MJ_Mac

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Wow Chrono, I can't wait to see this ring once complete. I love seeing everyone's cuprians/Paraiba's.

I find it ironic that your design is very similar to what I had planned for my spinel trillion. But I guess there are only so many things a person can do with a trillion :lol: > I will be curious to see what you do with the gallery. I promise I will not copy your design.

pinkjewel

Ideal_Rock
Chrono|1443111539|3931297 said:
Yes, the little melees are from Yvonne. Oh no! Where is the last tracked location of the melees? Mine should arrive today.
they never left the New Jersey post office-they were supposed to arrive here yesterday. I have called USPS and they have given me a case number to research where they are. Yvonne doesn't seem to be too concerned, so hopefully they will turn up.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
SparkliesLuver|1443115367|3931331 said:
Seeing that, I really like the idea of leaving it all open, but instead playing with the sides. I agree that it is pretty uninspiring, but it'd be neat to play with that part. Hmmm...
I was thinking the same; leave the bottom completely open but have something at the sides. Not too busy though.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Poodles4me|1443116516|3931342 said:
I find it ironic that your design is very similar to what I had planned for my spinel trillion. But I guess there are only so many things a person can do with a trillion :lol: > I will be curious to see what you do with the gallery. I promise I will not copy your design.
Yes, there's only so many trilliant designs out there. :bigsmile:

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
pinkjewel|1443116727|3931347 said:
they never left the New Jersey post office-they were supposed to arrive here yesterday. I have called USPS and they have given me a case number to research where they are. Yvonne doesn't seem to be too concerned, so hopefully they will turn up.
You can threadjack to update the status of your melees. I hope they show up. Mine is supposedly out for delivery.

pinkjewel

Ideal_Rock
Chrono|1443117398|3931358 said:
pinkjewel|1443116727|3931347 said:
You can threadjack to update the status of your melees. I hope they show up. Mine is supposedly out for delivery.

oh yay- glad yours didn't get lost, too!!!
And, sorry- didn't mean to thread jack- just wondered if you had any problems with delivery since I'm assuming they were mailed from the same place.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I didn't mean to say or imply that you are threadjacking (I don't always select the right words ;( ); I meant that I don't mind discussing it here because I am concerned about your missing melees. When was yours shipped?

pinkjewel

Ideal_Rock
Chrono|1443117940|3931362 said:
I didn't mean to say or imply that you are threadjacking (I don't always select the right words ;( ); I meant that I don't mind discussing it here because I am concerned about your missing melees. When was yours shipped?
oh no problem :wavey: - I don't really want to take away from your thread, though. I'm a bit concerned,too. Shipment was sent on Monday via Priority Mail with delivery scheduled for yesterday. As I said Yvonne isn't concerned (yet) as it's happened with her Post Office before. So I will try to be optimistic. Please post a photo when you get yours!! I will have to live vicariously thru you. =)

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
yay, a new "Chrono Project!!" :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl:

I thought you were going to do your tsavorite next, but hey, better late than never!

It will be beautiful when done, as all your pieces are not just jewelry, but works of art.

derbygal

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Can't wait to see this.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results