shape
carat
color
clarity

rusting La Pousette backings

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Arnel_Regina

Rough_Rock
Hi,

About a year ago I bought some diamond studs - white gold with La pousette backings. She wears them all the time-days, weeks, even months at a time. She took them off recently (because of a new T & Co purchase by moi ;)) and noticed to her horror that her earrings looked almost bloody!! I think it was rust. I soaked them over night and the next morning the soapy water was discolored with particles floating in it.

Should this happen? what can I do? buy new backings? keep soaking and rinsing?

thanks in advance!
A

Arnel_Regina

Rough_Rock
Thanks for the response.

Well, here''s the strange thing. R soaked it using an old contact lens case a couple of days ago. She used hot water and a drop of liquid soap. She just opened up the case and the water is not clear, but orange-red. She freaked and tried cleaning/rinsing for the next 20 minutes or so. I told her to let it soak over night.

What are La Pousette backs made of? Could there be a possibility that a tiny part inside the backings can rust? I don''t want her wearing these earrings if there''s a possibility for the backs to fail. Are they pure white gold? or some other metal?

thanks again,
A

luvmysparklies

Brilliant_Rock
Arnel-
The posts on a pair of La Pousettes is thicker in circumference than regular post earrings and has that groove that the backing "locks on." I think (because its happened to me) that what you saw is very old blood. Usually the piercings in the ear are not as large as the posts are on a La Pousette and when she first put the La Pousettes in her earlobes, the holes probably "stretched" a little to accomodate the posts. After a while, its no problem and the piercing accomodates. If she has been wearing them constantly, then the blood just dried up and when you cleaned/soaked them that's what accounted for the red that you saw. I highly doubt its rust. My La Pousettes are white gold as well. The pain we go through for our sparklies!
1.gif

Luv

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results