color
clarity

The Official TTC Thread!

Asscherhalo_lover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Re: The Official TTC Thread!

So sorry RT.

EG, if the maca is clumpy or anything maybe you could try a blender bottle? I use those for protein powder or PB2 powder and chia seeds and whatnot, no clumps at all. Also, I going to guess that you did ovulate on the later date based on LP length, it took me months to figure this out before so hopefully now you can target things really well with the OPKs. Good luck on the upcoming cycle!

blackpolkadot

Shiny_Rock

Sorry for your loss, RT.

evergreen sorry this wasn't the cycle for you. Hope this next one is it for you!

I am in the TWW. Thanks for the idea about hiding the tests, evergreen! I didn't think to wrap them in something like that. I think I will wrap them in DS's diapers. Surely no one will open that to look! :bigsmile: I'm not sure if we will have our own bathroom or not, so that might make it a little more complicated, but it will be fine either way. I have a pretty busy week this week, so I am hoping the time will go by quickly.

evergreen

Brilliant_Rock

AHL, great idea. I shook it in a mason jar until my arm got tired but there are still lumps that won't go away... at least it tastes totally manageable this way (except the lumps which are gross)! Oh Amazon Prime, you enabler of my whims. Is there anything more to a "blender bottle" than the little whisk ball that goes in there?

BPD, I almost feel like you should let your in-laws overhear that you're testing & hiding the evidence in dirty diapers. Find out how badly they want to know if another grandkid is on the way. :knockout: :mrgreen:

ladyciel

Brilliant_Rock

Thanks, aviastar. I think this month was a bit of an emotional break for me - I pretty much detached myself from TTC, though I did at least take opks to give us decent BD timing, if not quantity. I think it was in part mental preparation for the upcoming US and possible news from that. Retail therapy was particularly helpful this month. I finally traded in my 17 year old camry, that I've had since the end of 2004, for a brand new Prius v. :appl: The v is a wagon with nearly as much hauling capacity as something like the rav4, but it gets over 40mpg. It estimates I averaged 49mpg on my commute to work this morning. It actually looks more like a short cross-over or tall wagon than a traditional prius, so I never even realized this model existed until a friend told me about it. I LOVE LOVE LOVE it. I got it in blue ribbon, which is a gorgeous metallic sapphire shade. Researching what I wanted and price shopping ate up a good part of this cycle, I just got it on Friday, drove it everywhere I could over the weekend, so now at 6dpo or so the fact I'm actually in my TWW is only really just sinking in. Of course, I'm spotting again (seemed like ov spotting but isn't going away) so I'm going to just try and focus on my pretty car.

evergreen|1439781637|3915440 said:
Hi, LC! It's good to see you and I'm glad you use this forum in doses that are consistent with your sanity etc. :) Does the saline ultrasound check your tubes like a HSG does? It's always funny to me how inconvenient doctor's appointments are, and yet I guess I can't imagine them doing it any other way... but boy it's lousy if you have other stuff, like life or work, in addition to looking after your health!

Thanks, everygreen. I'm not sure if the US with saline is as good as the HSG for checking for blockages of the tubes. What I understand is that my doc's goal is to check for fibroids or other abnormalities in my uterus that could explain my spotting. It will also give her a chance to check my ovaries, I'm assuming. Unfortunately, there aren't any appointments open next week after AF is due, so I had to push it back to the end of September and hope my cycle plays nicer with the timing. Obviously the best case would be a BFP before then, but I'm not holding my breath. In the meantime, I've got a msg in to my doc asking if there's anything else I can/should do, since the US scheduling is proving difficult. We'll see what she says, but I wouldn't be against trying to do bloodwork this upcoming cycle to check my hormones, reserve, etc.

evergreen

Brilliant_Rock

BPD, I did the math, it's been 10 days since you said you might be POAS in ten days! :bigsmile: Hope you're enjoying a lovely vacation!

blackpolkadot

Shiny_Rock

Thanks for thinking of me evergreen. I did start testing Monday. Today I got a BFP! actually, I got one yesterday, but didn't know because I was impatient and put the test away without waiting the full 5 minutes (and I had been since Monday, so who knows when I first got a positive test! Note to self: follow instructions!) It was waiting to be wrapped up in my son's diaper! I checked it this morning and saw it was positive. And on a test that expired in April! I took a non expired one and got a positive on that one, too. So we are cautiously optimistic this will be sticky bean. :bigsmile:

evergreen

Brilliant_Rock

Omigoodness!! Congratulations!! :dance: :clap: :mrgreen: dang, that WAS a short stay! :lol: lots of dust for a sticky bean! P. S. BFP stick pictures??

Doo dee doo, CD13 and temps still low. I'm 2000 miles away from DH for work and unless my ovary can hold off till Monday or Tuesday our BD timing is gonna mean this cycle is a bust. (Or one of those O-4, O-5 miracle babies :rolleyes: ) didn't bring opk sticks with me so flying blind except for temps! What do you think I should add next cycle? Fertilitea? Royal jelly? I'm liking the stepwise approach but I'd rather just pull a BPD BFP and get this done with. :tongue:

Got the blender balls... I think they help, but yech, so not amazing. Just gotta focush on the nice calcium I get with my extra morning cup of almond milk, I guess!

Asscherhalo_lover

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Blackpolkadot congrats and sticky dust to you!

Evergreen don't bother with fertilitea, I suggest just royal jelly (pills for the love of god!), since you already take the maca you should be good, as far as I researched the vitex was more for regulating a cycle and if you're regular isn't necessary. I took all of those things and I actually had more energy with the royal jelly and when I added the maca is when I got BFP (plus best timing). I was also taking baby aspirin to help with bloodflow and have continued it since BFP. Oh I had also started the CoQ10 although that likely didn't have enough time to actually have an effect you never know. It also may be worth your time to have DH take the royal jelly and maca, it helps them too :)

random_thought

Brilliant_Rock

congrats bpd! :appl: :wavey:

blackpolkadot

Shiny_Rock

Thanks so much evergreen, ahl, and rt!

As requested, here is a BFP picture. I haven't stopped POAS yet... The top one is Wednesday's that I almost threw away. Bottom is today's.

Hope y'all get your BFPs soon!

_33812.jpg

Asscherhalo_lover

Ideal_Rock
Premium

NICE progression! It took forever for mine to get that dark! Time to call the doc and set up for your first appointment :appl:

BrightSpot

Ideal_Rock

RT, I am so very sorry for your loss. Sending you a big virtual hug & lots of love. I'll be keeping you & your family in my thoughts & prayers.

Congrats, bpd!

blackpolkadot

Shiny_Rock

Thanks Bright!

I guess it's time to move to the Barely Pregnant Thread. Hope y'all will join me soon!

evergreen

Brilliant_Rock

Woohoo! Congrats again, BPD!!! :appl: Get thee to JBP -- hope to see you soon, though. ;-) :pray:

bobbin

Shiny_Rock

So we are preparing to start TTC, so I ordered some HPT from ebay.... accidentally had the postage address set as my parents' house. Whoops! :oops:

I have contacted the seller to ask them to change it, I hope they do, we haven't told my parents we are going to start TTC soon!

evergreen

Brilliant_Rock

Welcome, bobbin!! glad to have some company in here after bpd's short stay (but hey, may your visit also be short!) Hope the eBay seller gets your note... my parents would IMMEDIATELY open anything with my name on it that came to (their) house, are yours the same? :oops: ::)

AHL, I got the royal jelly (pills! yay! so much better although I have figured out an elaborate maca dissolving/taste-covering strategy that is, at least in the short term, sustainable) and started it today, fwiw. :) I would LOVE to find they give me extra energy, as you did!

Because of the intersection of DH's & my travel schedules, we had kind of poor BD coverage around O... FF has moved my O date to CD15 (from 14) based on this AM's temp. I think FF is wrong and I just have a slow rise, with O on CD14. FF is more optimistic about our chances if O was CD15 (BD on O) than CD14 (BD on O-3 and O+1). I, however, am thoroughly convinced this cycle is a bust and am planning to do better next month! Guess I'm in the TWW but whatever, TTC. You don't control me. :loopy:

screen_shot_2015-09-03_at_2.png

But, uh, the temp has been EXACTLY the same (97.44) for the last 3 days - is that weird? I took my temp after I woke up this morning and it was different, 97.68 or something, so it's not like 97.44 is burned onto the thermometer screen, and I am DEFINITELY reading it right (i.e. the date changes, the time changes slightly, but the temp is the same when I review the last 3 days!). It just seems improbable. :confused: Anybody had this happen? I'm using the Eudemon-brand BBT thermometer with the blue backlight.

bobbin

Shiny_Rock

I'm no help with charts evergreen. I haven't looked into the technical side of TTC much.

We have a 3 year old DD already and she was only half-planned (I know that sounds weird). We had made the decision to start TTC in 6 months time, and after we made that decision we took chances with contraception, so a month later I was pregnant!

I am planning to 'just try' for a few months without charting or anything, and then if we have no luck after that, I will do a bit more research and look into tracking temps etc.

I don't think my parents would open it, but they would be very curious about what it was. The sellers name was My Baby Born, so they would definitely ask. I am HOPELESS at lying or deflecting questions! The seller contacted me to say they would change it, but the shipping confirmation still had my parents address on it!

At this stage plan is to stop taking the pill on September 10th. We won't be actively TTc during September, to be able to have more accurate dates after the withdrawal bleed. We will start TTC the following cycle, I think. Dependent on a couple of answers we are waiting for from the bank for our home loan and DH's promotion!

evergreen

Brilliant_Rock

Maybe you could blame "My Baby Born" on DD... y'know, something adorable for your little girl, etc., she'll always be your baby. ;-) Hope the sticks arrived to the right place nonetheless! And fingers crossed for the loan & promotion; it will be such a relief to have that stuff settled when you start actively TTC!

I'm tellin' y'all, either my thermometer is messed up or I have got SCARILY consistent temps from day to day now that I've pushed my alarm back to 4AM. (Up until the week of O I was temping at 5AM, and then I moved a couple time zones away for CD 12-13 for a work trip, and after that started temping at 4AM... maybe that's why my post-AF/pre-O temps are so wacky, 5AM is too late for consistency?) But yes, 1-3DPO, and 4-5DPO were each the same temperature; couldn't temp on 6 DPO and 7DPO was back to almost-the-same. Dip today. Hopeful me says implantation! Realistic me says BD timing was kinda poor... and we enjoyed a fantastic trip to wine country yesterday, so weird temp things could be happening from that. I'm gonna see what my temperature does tomorrow & go from there, plans-wise. If AF would care to arrive 8 days early it would be delightful as I would prefer to be unencumbered for my vacation next week!

screen_shot_2015-09-08_at_4.png

bobbin

Shiny_Rock

I took the pill for the last time on Monday, so I have missed 3 pills so far. Normally, I miss 2 pills and get the withdrawal bleed on the 3rd day, so it should have been due yesterday. But nothing so far! I even POAS yesterday afternoon because it was strange - but it was negative (it would have been extremely unlikely for me to be pregnant). So I am just waiting right now. I'm giving it until Sunday and if my 'period' hasn't started I am testing again.

Oh and the HPTs showed up at my house today. Phew!

hippi_pixi

Brilliant_Rock

I posted here a few times early when I was TTC in Dec/Jan but I guess I thought it would happen straight away so the extreme excitement and disappointment was too much so I stopped posting to try and keep my mind off it.

I gave up this month after a negative pregnancy test 9DPO, after 9 months of trying, had a meltdown and booked an appt with my GP. i posted as much on the TTC 6 months or more recently. But I'm one day late, took a pregnancy test and its positive! I was also woken up by severe pelvic pain last night 2am so I'll keep the appt with the GP to discuss. Ive also been taking pseudoephedrine, panadol and ibuprofen so I'll stop now, hope I haven't done any harm.

Explains why I've been so tired and felt like i might be sick if I didn't eat breakfast soon enough on sunday. Also I've been uncontrollably emotional and had huge sore boobs which I thought was just PMS.

Anyway I was just busting to tell someone and I wont be able to tell hubby for another 5 hours!

edited to add: i just checked and the due date would be only 4 days off from my birthday in May next year!

_34397.jpg

Asscherhalo_lover

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Congrats HP! At this early point the little bugger is on auto pilot and you don't share a blood supply, not much will interrupt it now unless it's got its own issue (not what anyone wants to think about but almost any early MC is due to improper chromosome copying not anything YOU can do). I had very early round ligament pain as well, bad from about weeks 4-6 especially at night rolling over in bed and standing up from a chair. Most likely this is the culprit, don't worry! Congrats again!

April20

Ideal_Rock

Congrats! That's an awesome line.

Tourmaline

Ideal_Rock
Trade

Yay, hipi_pixi! I've been watching your story about your irregular cycles and I'm so happy for you!!

evergreen

Brilliant_Rock

Congratulations, Hippi!! :D :appl: (& thanks for coming back from TTC6+ to share your good news!) Hope your GP had/will have reassuring news for you and that it's smooth sailing from here.

hippi_pixi

Brilliant_Rock

thanks guys :) we haven't told any friends or family yet so its nice to be able to tell someone! I am 1 day shy of 5 weeks pregnant, due May 22nd. I've peed on a few more sticks to be sure and seen a GP. I'm turning down the early dating scan and blood tests, just organising the best choice for antenatal care.

I've been feeling fine so far just had permanent PMS symptoms, sore boobs, fatigue, emotional and mood swings, physically sometimes it feels like I have my period but no bleeding or spotting. All this is fine but I've suddenly got insomnia. I'm waking up in the middle of the night every night and I'm just wide awake and unable to get back to sleep. Which is so weird for me.

Tourmaline my cycles have evened out over the year, I think because I reduced my stress levels and my cycles have been getting shorter and shorter and closer to normal. This cycle I ovulated CD14 which is the earliest ever and would have given me a perfect 28 day cycle which I have never had since puberty. I suspect it might be the first cycle I have ovulated properly. The reason my cycles have evened out this year is because I was able to dramatically reduce my stress levels by taking some time off work. We moved cities and we decided I should delay finding a job to see if lower stress levels would help, I guess they did :)

Tourmaline

Ideal_Rock
Trade

hippi_pixi|1442618430|3929357 said:
Tourmaline my cycles have evened out over the year, I think because I reduced my stress levels and my cycles have been getting shorter and shorter and closer to normal. This cycle I ovulated CD14 which is the earliest ever and would have given me a perfect 28 day cycle which I have never had since puberty. I suspect it might be the first cycle I have ovulated properly. The reason my cycles have evened out this year is because I was able to dramatically reduce my stress levels by taking some time off work. We moved cities and we decided I should delay finding a job to see if lower stress levels would help, I guess they did :)

How wonderful!

And I'm sorry I spelled your PS name incorrectly above (left out a "p").

bobbin

Shiny_Rock

Well, I definitely wasn't pregnant! Period started on Saturday 12 September. Then I had a 21 day cycle, which is shorter than I think I used to have but I didn't ever really track them too much.

We are not trying this month though. I was made redundant! I had a second job (contracting) anyway, but the opportunity was there for me to start my own firm as they let me take 12 of my files and I have an income coming in from contracting, so as of a week or so ago I am now running my own law firm from home! I decided to put off TTC for a few months to get it up an running. I would like to leave it longer to get established, but DD will be 4 in April and we don't want a much bigger age gap than we will have if we wait until December to TTC!

So back to wanting but waiting for me until December!

evergreen

Brilliant_Rock

Bobbin, sounds stressful but I'm thrilled they let you take your files and you're starting up on your own! Sometimes we need a push like that to make a change that I hope works out BRILLIANTLY for you once the dust settles. Congratulations on your transition!

AFM -- kinda talking to myself, here, I think... -- CD4, cycle 4 of temping. We haven't been able to time stuff well the last few cycles, because DH and I both travel for work at random intervals, but I'm hoping we can do better this cycle. At least my charts are behaving themselves, with O on CD12-15 and a 13-15 day luteal phase. Not exactly clockwork, but what biological systems really are?

I'd been really worried about going off my IUD, since I'd been on hormonal contraception since about 16yo for awful periods... and, in case it's helpful for someone, seems like in the intervening 16 years my body figured out what to do. AF is predictable with temping, lasts about 4 days, and is, like... no big deal. So, even though I went into this thinking must get pregnant asap because AF is horrible :errrr: I'm glad that that turned out not to be the case. Just, y'know... waiting. :|

kama_s

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Anyone experience crazy nausea even before taking a pregnancy test? I've been away for work so haven't been able to test, but I had crazy nausea since yesterday (9DPO). This morning I woke up, had a coffee and immediately threw it up...the only thing that helps is eating.

amc80

Ideal_Rock

kama_s said:
Anyone experience crazy nausea even before taking a pregnancy test? I've been away for work so haven't been able to test, but I had crazy nausea since yesterday (9DPO). This morning I woke up, had a coffee and immediately threw it up...the only thing that helps is eating.

Nope, mine never kicked in until 5-6 weeks. I would get horrible heartburn before even testing, though. And a cold sore. Every single time.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results