shape
carat
color
clarity

Healthy Living Thread

deegee

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Marcy-yay! I'm excited to see your ring. I hope you love it with your ering. I think my thinner bands look better with my ring than the one I wear, but I like it best. I have decided it looks much better in person than pics. Biscuits and gravy is one of my favorite meals ever. Yum. One of my friends on vacation with us has slotted Thursday morning for her delicious biscuits and gravy. Woo-hoo!

Rod- love the cars! I thought about the GLA, but I think I need to see it in person. I'm sure you'll take some good pics! The one I picked may be too big for what I want, so I may end up looking at the GLA. Attached is the pic of the one I'm considering-GLE350 4matic.

I haven't done much while on vacation. Just sleeping, slacking and drinking too much! We left our fabulous house for the first time today to get food to make for dinner. We had grilled steak and zucchini, baked potatoes and Caesar salad and cookies for dessert. It's so nice to relax and not have to do anything. Have a wonderful day tomorrow! (I have done nothing the last few days..I can't remember what day it is!)

_34172.jpg

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very excited for you Marcy. We'll be expecting pics tomorrow!

Deegee, I love the new GLE. It's more money than we want to spend and frankly, it's larger than we want too. We went with the GLA because we like the size AND we can get just about every single upgrade on it for a more reasonable price. Given that we're getting two new cars at the same time, we wanted to somewhat cost effective at the same time.

Yes, when we get them in October, I promise to post some nice pictures.

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Wednesday kids!

Rod, your and Charlie's new cars are going to be FABULOUS! It's too bad you won't have them by the time I visit next weekend. Can you ask the dealer to speed it up a little? :cheeky:

Deegee, that is a picture of one happy pup! Your vacation sounds marvelous. A nice house... good food... booze... YES!

Curby, can't wait to see you new band! And LOL on the water bottle.

Came home last night from six LONG days in NYC. My friend found a great place to buy and if all goes well she should close in about 30 days. I'll head out there again to help her take delivery of her furniture and arrange things. We ATE and ATE and ATE. My waist went away by day three of the trip... I was afraid to get on the scale this morning but it said I wans only up three pounds. We did walk FOREVER through; generally 6-8 miles a day. We covered A LOT of ground!

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The commercial that Grubhub filmed in my house came out over the weekend. One of my neighbors called me and said he saw it on the NFL network. Those poor actors must have been EXHAUSTED at the end of the day -- they played ping pong for HOURS!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KnT0XZqLleI

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

Deegee, I like all of my bands but this new one blends well with my ering. I guess I lean towards more symmetrical things. Enjoy your biscuits and gravy in the morning. Marty will be jealous. I am glad you are enjoying a relaxing, lazy vacation. Great looking Mercedes. That color will match your pretty sapphires.

Rod, I got a few pictures tonight with late sunlight. I’ll have to get some more pictures this weekend. You and Charlie should get a discount buying 2 Mercedes.

Dee Jay, your trip to NYC sounds like a lot of fun. That is great your friend found a nice place. Woo hoo for lots of walking. I will check out the commercial and watch for it on TV. How fun!

Yes my WF band arrived and I am very happy with it. The smaller diamonds don’t blend in with my diamond (making it a cluster) and the little diamonds in my ering seem to pop more.

I picked it up about 11, then met Marty on the opposite side of town from FedEx where he dropped off his truck to get a bed liner sprayed in (okay opposite side of town here is about 10 minutes but still). We had lunch then he took me back to work and he spent the afternoon at the doctor and getting X-rays. They think he has a cyst in his finger but wanted to X-ray it as well.

One of the bunnies was up to no good today. Bad Bunny!

Take care.
Marcy / Curby

img_9303.jpg

_34208.jpg

_34209.jpg

_34210.jpg

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This was taken earlier today in better lighting.

img_9307.jpg

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
DeeJay, how cool to see your own home in a commercial!

Marcy, the new band is beautiful. WF does such great work! I'm sure they'll give us a good deal on the two cars.

Long day today. I'm winding down and will be heading off to sleep soon.

I'll try to write more tomorrow.

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Thursday kids!

Curby, the new band looks GREAT with your e-ring! Be careful driving with that thing on, you'll blind yourself!

Rod, it is always interesting to see my space in the productions. At least this time I recognized it. Sometimes you can't even tell whether they were in my house or someone else's!

Last night I took my clients to see two houses and they decided to write an offer on one. We are now (once again!!!) in a competitive bidding situation. I really hope they get this one because the real estate season is winding down here in Chicago and I don't know how many more chances they will have before spring...

I was pretty good on the food front yesterday, except that I did have one glass of one (at my client's insistence!) but other than that nothing bad to report. The scale is exactly the same as yesterday, but given that all I did for six day in NY was EAT I can't be too disappointed!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

Rod, at least tomorrow is Friday. You’ll be getting your new cars before you know it. Whiteflash does a wonderful job.

Dee Jay, I just watched the commercial. Your place looks great. I will watch for that commercial on TV. Very cool. The sun was out today and yes I found myself looking at my ring more than I should. I hope your client’s bid wins out.

Thank you for your kind words about my new band. I am very happy with it. It really sparkles for small diamonds. I am pleased that the 2 rings look like a set or go together well.

I had my monthly training session today so got home about 3:30. I baked a cake for supper tomorrow night. My sisters and BIL’s are coming for dinner. That will be nice.

Take care.
Marcy / Curby

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Friday kids!

Curby, my poor clients are once again/still in limbo over the bid... the sellers have been so "overwhelmed" by the response to their place on the market that they are going to still host the open house this weekend as scheduled and then take best and final bids at 5 pm on Saturday. This market is crazy!

Last night the CB made flank steak and corn on the grill and then we sat outside and drank with 6 of my neighbors until after 11. It was fun, but I like to go to bed a bit earlier on a school night! Normally I don't come into the office on Fridays but since I was in NY the first part of this week here I am...

Tomorrow if our community association's last neighborhood clean up of the year. Hoping for a big turn out!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

Dee Jay, it sounds like there is a seller’s market in your area. I hope your client’s bid makes it to the final bidding. Your dinner and drinks the other night sounds like a delightful way to spend the evening. How was the community cleanup this weekend?

We’ve had a busy few days. My sisters and their husbands were here for supper Friday night. Marty was a good chef for us. He cooked most of the meal on the grill; woo hoo less dishes for me. My sister brought chocolate covered strawberries; they were delicious.

My sister and I were up until about 12:30. I was showing her how to use her new iPad. Marty and my BIL were up really early though so I got up at 7 after Marty left for golf. Short night!

Yesterday I was mostly lazy other than laundry and doing some stuff around the house.

Today we got Marty off to the airport and I watched football. Woo hoo! My team won – barely but they did. I am not doing badly on fantasy football either.

Do I really have to go back to work tomorrow?

Have a great week!
Marcy / Curby

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Monday kids!

Curby, my team lost (first NFL gave of the season no less!) but I guess there's still plenty of time to pull themselves together...

This weekend was a blur! Saturday we had the neighborhood clean and green. It was high 50s and raining. Miserable. Then I went out with a client to see a couple of properties and we are actually FINALLY under contract on one of them!!! The night ended by going over to a friend's house for their kid's 1 year birthday party. The baby was long in bed by the time I got there and the adults were pretty sauced -- ha!

Sunday I did some major bathroom cleaning, the CB and I shopped a little, and we went to dinner at a friend's house. Somewhere in all that I decided to paint my nails... with bright red polish... wearing a white crocheted lace sweater... you see how all this ends, right? I think it ultimately came out OK after soaking the spot in acetone and then washing the sweater in the washer but I just so damn may at myself! I NEVER wear anything nice when I do my nails, and I have NEVER gotten any polish on myself before, and yesterday was just the perfect bad storm. Ugh.

This week I'm headed to my dad's place in Florida.

ROD -- let's connect about a plan! Does Sunday work for you and Charlie?

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
DeeJay,

I guess I didn't realize it's this weekend you're coming down. This weekend won't work for us. My brother and SIL will be here this weekend. We have plans with them both Saturday and Sunday. How long will you be down here?

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

Dee Jay, you did have a very busy weekend. We are still having pretty warm days here but it’s chilly when the sun isn’t out. Is your team Chicago? I thought Cutler had a good game but didn’t see the final score. Congratulations that your client is under contract. Of course I never believe anything until I sign on the dotted line (many times with a VA loan) but I’m the nervous type. Crap that you got red nail polish on a white sweater. That’s great you were able to get it out okay. I spilled some bright pink on the carpet at our old house. I kept it covered up with this little bag I use for the astronomy club and Marty finally picked it up so I was busted. I’d been working on it every day then covered it up again. He wasn’t mad or anything but always gave me crap about painting my nails on the couch saying “you’re going to spill that”. He said he thought it was strange I left that bag on the floor because I never leave things lying around the house. At least it wasn’t the new rug we had put in there. Have fun in Florida. I know Red Lobster is waiting for you.

Rod, have fun with your brother and SIL this weekend. I hope you and Dee Jay can catch up with each other. I should fly down too.

I was in bed by 10:30 last night. That’s early for me especially when Marty is out of town. I am glad I was rested for work though because wow was it heck. Oh well I get paid decent money to babysit and attempt to micromanage. I really want to tell them sometime your great line Dee Jay. People are generally micromanaged out of necessity.

I ordered some shoes from Road Runners Sports and the box was the right size but the shoes were not so I packed that up and dropped it off at the post office tonight. We’ll see if they send me the correct size next time. It is really smoky hazy here; my eyes are even burning tonight. I could see the smoke and haze when I was coming home from the post office. I can’t imagine how bad the smoke is near those fires.

Take care.
Marcy / Curby

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Tuesday kids!

Curby, I hate when I order stuff and what actually arrives is wrong!!! My team is the Steelers actually, not the Bears. Having grown up in Pittsburgh in the 70s where football was an *institution* (if not a *religion*!) I could never change teams!

Rod, I'll be there until Tuesday. Not sure how feasible Monday is though given your work schedules...?

So last night I did pretty much nothing. I was worn out from the non-stop weekend so we just had dinner and sat out on the veranda having cocktails. This morning I never went back to sleep after the CB left at 5:30. I hate those mornings! I should have just gotten up and cleaned the house a bit in anticipation of the being gone (yet again) this week. It's not a total mess, but it is a bit cluttered and I just having dedicated the hour it would take to fix that!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

Dee Jay, I remember now you are a Steeler’s fan. I got points from some of the Pittsburgh players. Woo hoo! I hate those mornings when you can’t go back to sleep. Marty gets up between 4:15 and 6 and I drift in and out of sleep. Like you said, I may as well get up but I try. You deserved a quiet evening last night after your busy weekend.

Not much new going on here today. It’s windy but still warm. Cooler and wetter weather is heading out way though.

Take care.
Marcy / Curby

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sigh....sniff.....sniff.......DeeJay, I feel really bad, but Monday night we have an association meeting and as President, I have to be there. We've finally negotiated the cable transition and now we have to roll it out. I'm actually dreading this meeting. Some people are happy, some aren't. The happy people never come to these meetings. The not happy people always do. Sigh........

I'm so sorry we won't be able to get together. I hope you'll give us a rain check on your next trip down here?

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Wednesday kids!

Curby, I'm glad the Steelers did you some good because the fine people of Pittsburgh certainly weren't very happy with them! And this morning I was *tempted* to do me some internettin' once the CB left but I went back to sleep!

Rod, I totally understand, really I do. Being the association president myself you have my full sympathy! I'll raise a glass in your honor on Monday night (you'll likely need it!). Next year for sure we'll get together!

Last night the CB and I went to our fifth Spanish class. Ugh. Hopeless, we are. A month and a half in and I can barely ask where the bathroom is, ha ha! Today I have my annual review. Everyone else who has had their so far seems pretty happy (no numbers discussed, just general emotional reaction) so I'm hoping for something good! And the Turkish prayer rug I bought is scheduled to be delivered today. I am VERY interested in seeing it!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

Rod, that is very true only the unhappy people will show up at association meetings. We went to our HOA meeting the first year we lived here and it was a total bitch session. We haven’t made it to another meeting yet. Rats you won’t get to see Dee Jay.

Dee Jay, I was awake off and one after 5 today myself. I feel asleep about 10 minutes before my alarm went off. Good luck with your review. Did you get your rug? Do you like it?

Hopefully we found someone to replace my problem employee. Woo hoo! The hiring process where I work takes forever but it’s an internal candidate so hopefully it goes quickly.

I worked until about 5:45 which meant less traffic in that stupid construction zone. That is one benefit to fall coming; less construction.

Have a great day tomorrow.
Marcy / Curby

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Curby, my rug came and it's pretty awesome! I am taking it tomorrow to get it cleaned and have a Velcro strip sewn on the back. I love it when I order random sh!t and it works out, ha ha!

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm glad the rug met your expectations DeeJay. Thanks for understanding and we will absolutely get together on your next visit!

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Thursday kids!

Rod, next year, it's a date!

Today I was on the go non-stop! I went to see the rug man (more on that later), went to West Elm to look a bedding that I had seen in the store in NY (it won't be on display here until next week), went to Costco (bought sheepskin rugs in three different colors, all of which are going back), went to this furniture store up north that does a lot of Indonesian imports (I am now the proud owner of a teak stump to the tune of $88), and bought someone a pair of socks for Christmas (they have sasquatches on them dancing with disco balls). Whew -- It's been a full day! And I have yet to clean anything up or pack a single thing for my trip tomorrow... I leave for the airport in 13 hours...

So the rug man took one look at my new acquisition and said, "Madam, with all due respect, how did you happen to come into possession of this thing?" Apparently they are pretty rare (let's just say I powered through 16,000 plus rugs on ebay and only found 2). He said it is a "very very beautiful silk piece." I'm now paying twice as much to clean and having a rod pocket sewn on the thing as I paid for it... does that seem wrong somehow?!? Anyway, it should be ready in a couple of weeks.

Today I had a chocolate protein bar, a burger at Epic, two slices of rosemary bread toasted with butter, and a giant salad left over from dinner a few nights ago. I could really go for a nice glass of prosecco right about now but I don't have a bottle open and I hate to open one now and waste it since I'll be gone starting tomorrow. Hmmm... what to do...

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

Dee Jay, that’s great your rug looks awesome and turned out to be a rare find. We buy those non-skid pads to put under our rugs and those work well. We had to laugh when we cleaned out my parent’s house there was one of those large braided oval rugs in front of the kitchen sink and my dad had glued that suck down on their Pergo covered floor. We left it as a bonus with the house. You did have a busy day and got in a lot of shopping. As much as you travel you are probably a pro at packing. I threw out 2 bottles of white wine that only had one glass out of them. Marty prefers red wine. I should pick up some of those individual bottles of wine. Have fun on your trip.

Rod, I hope you are having a good week.

I saved calories on pizza today. I ordered one of those little personal pan pizza from Pizza Hut. I picked it up, was getting back in my car, knocked the box out of my hand with my door and the box hit the pavement, flew open and 3 of the 4 little pieces landed upside down on the pavement. That one piece that was left was the best pizza ever.

We are getting a thunderstorm with lots of rain right now. Cool. It’s been really dry here.

Take care.

Marcy / Curby

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

Dee Jay, I hope you are having a nice time visiting your dad.

Rod, I hope you and Charlie are having a nice visit with your brother and SIL.

Deegee, I hope you are doing okay.

Not much exciting going on around here this weekend. Marty got home Friday night. He played golf both days this weekend, we ran errands and bought groceries. Today is leftover day and watching football.

Is tomorrow really Monday?

Laters!
Marcy / Curby

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

My sister and BIL got here before I got home from work yesterday. They had a wonderful time on their visits to sapphire mines in Montana. They brought home 14 bags of rough (roughly 300 pounds in that little Toyota). They gave me one of the 25-pound bags. My sister found a few green sapphires and is so excited to go through everything. They explained to Marty how to rinse the rough for us to go through. I felt kind of bad because my sister is so excited about this and finding sapphires so I finally said “you know your sister here never liked to play in the dirt or with rocks, right?” She said I know but we knew Marty would help you. I told her a few weeks ago I only like to look over faceted sapphires. :lol:

My sister and I stayed up until about midnight and I showed her how to tell a better cut stone and we went through my gem jar showing her different types of gems. I got to bed about 1 am (goofing off on my iPad) and got paged from work at 6:30. Ugh. I love having a day off but still have to get up early to go to work. It was something that was inquired about on Monday but one of my team didn’t handle it correctly nor pass it on to me. Marcy will be nagging at them tomorrow. Sigh.

We went out to breakfast with my sister and BIL this morning before they headed home.

I wanted to go out to lunch with Marty today but it didn’t work out. Marty had chicken fried steak for breakfast so he wasn’t even hungry at lunchtime. I had 2 pieces of French toast so I was hungry by noon. I ate a banana. We went to the mall about 2 pm and I got this years Kay’s teddy bear. We were wandering around Dillards and Marty’s phone reminded him he had a meeting at 3 so we ran home. I finally fixed some steak sandwiches and oven French fries for us for supper. I always bring home ½ of my steaks when we eat out and I don’t like them heated up in the microwave so we started slicing them and putting them in diluted gravy to heat up and then making kind of French dip sandwiches out of them. They turn out pretty good and that way I don’t waste ½ of a steak.

Take care.
Marcy / Curby

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Wednesday kids!

Curby, it's cute that your sister is so excited about the sapphires. Maybe you'll end up with a fellow gem lover in the family!

Got home about 11 last night because my flight was, of course, delayed. Spent four days sitting by the pool, playing bingo, eating dinner super early, and drinking cheap while working on a 1,000 piece jigsaw puzzle with my father's wife. Typical Florida family vacation! I did go to the gym every day (where I saw my Grubhub commercial on TV twice) and spent a few hours at the outlet mall buying not much of anything, but my exercise app said I walked almost seven miles that day so that's a bonus!

Now back at the office where I have a group of nice normal people to interact with. Ah, it's great to be home!

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yet another quick flyby. Beyond busy these days.

The weekend with my brother and SIL was nice. They flew back to Maryland yesterday to get the two remaining cars, and got on the car train back to Florida tomorrow morning via the train. Now they'll be here full time. I'm happy and pensive. They don't know anyone here except us. And as much as I love love love them, I'm fearful they'll want every weekend together. Time will tell.......

DeeJay your weekend down here sounds, uh, nice, but uh, dull. I'd much rather have had dinner with you Monday instead of the tongue lashing I got from the mal-contents who always come to board meetings to complain, but never offer anything constructive or help.

Sigh........

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Thursday kids!

Rod, having family around can be a blessing and a curse (in the case of my family, mostly a CURSE!). I'm sure your brother and SIL will make friends and find stuff to do after not too long, and maybe you can help them in that regard. A little gentle nudging toward community stuff, etc., might not be a bad thing to help get them out of the nest!

Last night the CB picked me up and we went to our Spanish class. I was good food-wise all day, but we've gotten in the habit of stopping for a pizza on our way to this class. We didn't eat the whole thing this time, like we usually do, so I guess that's a good thing!

I just found out yesterday we're moving downstairs again, back to the floor we came up from in July. Oy. I get a much better office though so I'm not complaining (too much!).

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

Dee Jay, my sister has always liked jewelry but only recently felt like she should buy herself some jewelry. She has quite a few of my hand me downs. Your flight home was delayed? That never happens to Marty. Ha! Your vacation sounds like a typical family vacation; they generally don’t have those best time ever moments. You are certainly checking out different offices and floors at work; hopefully your better office has a great view. I keep telling people at work the reason I get moved around so much is they are trying to find somewhere they can get me to work.

Rod, I bet as your brother and SIL settle in to every day life there you won’t see them all the time. At first they’ll probably keep you busy though. I hope you will enjoy having them close. Sorry your board meeting was full of mal-contents. We’ve gone to one HOA meeting and there was a guy who stood up and complained about quite a few things one of which was people coming around the corner too fast in front of his place. Marty guns the car every time we drive my his place.

One more day of work to go. I met Marty for lunch that naturally was the highlight of my day. Not much exciting going on here.

Have a great Friday and then it’s the weekend. Let’s here it for a beautiful weekend!

Marcy / Curby

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Friday kids!

Curby, HA! I would use that line about them moving me around until they find a place where I will work but I'm afraid they'll believe me!

Last night I dropped some paperwork off at my real estate office for a deal that closed while I was in Orlando and then the CB and I went to a Chinese place near my house for dinner. I like their green curry, but the most redeeming quality is that it's BYOB. :cheeky: Today I have to pack up some personal things in my office so the movers can take my stuff downstairs over the weekend. They are always so adamant that they will move everything, but I feel weird asking them to handle my drawer full of pantyhose and hairspray and my pink pony coin bank and my 1:64 scale 911 and the Nemo spoon I got out of the box of frosted flakes...

So I remembered the CB's 49th birthday six weeks after the fact... and I celebrated his 50th last year in the Virgin Islands...with my best traveling girlfriend... This year I am actually in the continental US *and* I remembered (well, ok, he reminded me...) so I'm trying to get our core group of friends together for dinner tomorrow night. Short notice and a lot of things are booked but I hope something works out!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results