kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Rate your life, overall.

1 = The Worst
10 = The Best

Amber St. Clare

Brilliant_Rock
Other than health issues I'm currently experiencing I'm pretty happy.

How about you, Kenny?

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm a 5.

tuffyluvr

Brilliant_Rock
7. I am generally a pretty positive and optimistic person, and while my life is not ideal, I try not to dwell on what I don't have.

What I DO have is a wonderful partner who is loving and supportive, a handful of very close female friends, a large circle of friends and acquaintances, my amazing dog, a fulfilling social life, physical fitness and hobbies.

My life would be better if I didn't suffer from a chronic health problem that affects my daily life, had a closer relationship with my family, was fulfilled in my career.

iluvshinythings

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I'm having a few health issues and so is my DH. Aside from that, everything is pretty good. Grandkids are adorable and happy. DH and myself are getting along fabulously. Job security could be an issue any time and it's causing some stress, but it's not really an issue, it's just a fear. Overall, my life is a million times better than it was five years ago.

Asscherhalo_lover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I chose 7, my circumstances could be better but overall I am happy. Circumstances can always change and I am working to make that change so I have good hope for the future.

tuffyluvr

Brilliant_Rock
kenny said:

Average ain't so bad... But are there any things you could do to improve your happiness? Do you want to improve that number, or do you feel satisfied?

I ask because some people could be content with a 5 while others would not and your answer is rather vague. Your choice to answer. Not trying to pick on you...

jordyonbass

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I went with 5, I've got a few things that I need to sort out in my life. But I'm also not in the worst place I have ever been either.

I might be bumped up to a 6 or 7 with the consideration that I've got some plans for my future to do things that I want to do rather than live the monotonous drudgery that seems to be going on for me at the moment. But there's a couple of bridges I need to cross before then.

ihy138

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I went with a 7. I consider myself to be incredibly lucky. I have a roof over my head, food in my belly and many, many other luxuries. I'm in a loving marriage and have great family (with a few exceptions) and friends. To be a 10, I'd like to pay off my student loans and purchase a home. I would also like to be healthier and in better shape. Overall, I feel pretty good. Maybe because I'm only 26 and I still feel like there's time to get the places I want to go. Although, I do feel pressure to buy a home because everyone my age seems to be diving in. That's my only complaint these days.

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I rated 8 - although I am largely happy with my lot, life can be better.

However, nothing to complain about.

DK :))

iLander

Ideal_Rock
I voted a 10! :appl: I posted this before, but I still believe it, so here it is again:

I am happy, and here are my basic requirements to be happy:

Be upright

Be sucking air

That's pretty much it. :)

I also realize that there a millions of people in the world for whom my life, simple as it is, is a dream come true.

I have a house with clean running water, food to eat, temperature control. That's crazy great.

I'm not addicted to a drug, I'm in decent health (both mental and physical), my family is great, I have a man that loves me, and children to care for. No one is in the hospital right now. That's verging on ridiculously awesome.

I have a reasonable job, I can pay my bills, I don't have to live from paycheck to paycheck. That's just ludicrously fantastic.

I can afford to pay my kids' college expenses, I have two (!) running cars, I have health insurance! I am lucky beyond all belief.

I could go on and on, counting my blessings. Which I often do. I'm the luckiest woman in the whole damn world. :dance:

So yeah, I'm happy. :bigsmile:

ennui

Brilliant_Rock
iLander, I love your attitude and thank you for your post. :angel:

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
tuffyluvr|1442268163|3927745 said:
kenny said:

Average ain't so bad... But are there any things you could do to improve your happiness? Do you want to improve that number, or do you feel satisfied?

I ask because some people could be content with a 5 while others would not and your answer is rather vague. Your choice to answer. Not trying to pick on you...

My happiness with being a 5? ... I'd rate 10.

Long ago I would have rated my happiness much higher than 5.
Today I know that my reasons for the high rating were faulty.

Time and experience really changes things.

ennui

Brilliant_Rock
Rating happiness reminds me of an old anecdote about the Soviet Union ... visitor takes a cab, and asks the driver "are you happy?" and the driver responded "You must be an American. Americans expect to be happy." There are so many other things than "happy," and I doubt anyone is happy every minute of every day. Heck, I'm "happy" when I get a good parking spot.

tuffyluvr

Brilliant_Rock
kenny said:
tuffyluvr|1442268163|3927745 said:
kenny said:

My happiness with being a 5? ... I'd rate 10.

Long ago I would have rated my happiness much higher than 5.
Today I know that my reasons for the high rating were faulty.

Time and experience really changes things.

Lots of wisdom to be taken from this!

tuffyluvr

Brilliant_Rock
ennui said:
Rating happiness reminds me of an old anecdote about the Soviet Union ... visitor takes a cab, and asks the driver "are you happy?" and the driver responded "You must be an American. Americans expect to be happy." There are so many other things than "happy," and I doubt anyone is happy every minute of every day. Heck, I'm "happy" when I get a good parking spot.

This is great!!!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I rated my life as an 8. Nothing is ever perfect but overall my life is better than bad. I figure any day I wake up I am ahead of the game.

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
8. My life is great! I'm the problem.

Have a home.
Loving, wonderful DH
Awesome healthy kids
Both sets of grandparents relatively happy and healthy.
Employed. Like my job.
Can pay the bills.
Healthy, relatively.
Healthy DH.

The only certain thing is change. I'm not good at change, so I stress way more than is necessary. I need to grow and up learn to roll with it. :twirl:

azstonie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
A 4. Am failing on multiple fronts, the most important being responsibility to my true self.

Its an unfortunate position to be in. I blame no one but myself.

20 years ago I would have said my life was an 8.5 and like Kenny, only because my tools of measurement were so faulty.

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
azstonie|1442286324|3927870 said:
A 4. Am failing on multiple fronts, the most important being responsibility to my true self.

20 years ago I would have said my life was an 8.5 and like Kenny, only because my tools of measurement were so faulty.

AZ, I chose "10"...as in some days it's a one-zero - and some days it's a one OR a zero :lol:
I am bequeathing 5 points of these points to you, so you are now a 9!
Hang in there - hugs.

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
iLander|1442271133|3927762 said:
I voted a 10! :appl: I posted this before, but I still believe it, so here it is again:

I am happy, and here are my basic requirements to be happy:

Be upright

Be sucking air

That's pretty much it. :)

I also realize that there a millions of people in the world for whom my life, simple as it is, is a dream come true.

I have a house with clean running water, food to eat, temperature control. That's crazy great.

I'm not addicted to a drug, I'm in decent health (both mental and physical), my family is great, I have a man that loves me, and children to care for. No one is in the hospital right now. That's verging on ridiculously awesome.

I have a reasonable job, I can pay my bills, I don't have to live from paycheck to paycheck. That's just ludicrously fantastic.

I can afford to pay my kids' college expenses, I have two (!) running cars, I have health insurance! I am lucky beyond all belief.

I could go on and on, counting my blessings. Which I often do. I'm the luckiest woman in the whole damn world. :dance:

So yeah, I'm happy. :bigsmile:

Great post!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Jimmianne|1442396404|3928332 said:
azstonie|1442286324|3927870 said:

AZ, I chose "10"...as in some days it's a one-zero - and some days it's a one OR a zero :lol:
I am bequeathing 5 points of these points to you, so you are now a 9!
Hang in there - hugs.

Kristie, I am also sending you lots of points so you are at least a 9! Remember you have your good friends who love and support you. (((HUGS)))!!!!

This is a tough question and as Jimmianne wrote it varies. Some days I am at a 10 and some I am at a 1 but for the most part I am at a 9. I love my dh and he loves me. I love my family and they love me. I have lots of emotional support and good people in my life. We are relatively healthy and we are happy though life can be stressful. That is life and I am so thankful we get to enjoy our lives together and are doing well.

LLJsmom said:
8. My life is great! I'm the problem.

Have a home.
Loving, wonderful DH
Awesome healthy kids
Both sets of grandparents relatively happy and healthy.
Employed. Like my job.
Can pay the bills.
Healthy, relatively.
Healthy DH.

The only certain thing is change. I'm not good at change, so I stress way more than is necessary. I need to grow and up learn to roll with it.
:twirl:

Yes, LLJsmom, this is my problem too. Change is scary and I agree we have to roll with it and make the best of it because we cannot control everything. But it is challenging. I think it was Stephen Hawking who said "Intelligence is the ability to adapt to change." I have some work to do regarding this LOL but at least you and I are in good company!

momhappy

Ideal_Rock
Since life ebbs & flows, I can't say that I could accurately rate my life overall.
Right now, we've got some stuff going on that sort of sucks, so my rating would be lower than what it might be otherwise.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results