shape
carat
color
clarity

Question about price for Parti-Sapphire round cut?

katharath

Ideal_Rock
I like this one from blazen gems. Might be too high budget wise, but I thought I'd include it ($2575), and 2.35 cts. It's pricier but it actually IS precision cut, and by a well respected cutter. Their photography isn't great so I don't know how much you can rely on that, but the description sounds very good and it's cut by one of our recommended vendors, he's really a great cutter and well respected over here.

So it's definitely something to keep in mind! At the very least it gives you a decent comparison - this one is 2.35 cts , guaranteed UNheated/untreated, and precision cut, with supposedly good color according to vendor (and not too dark).

Link and copied description below:

http://blazengems.com/retail/shop/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=83_53_54&products_id=918

DISCRIPTION THIS IS A KILLER ONE OF A KIND SAPPHIRE. IT IS ALL NATURAL EARTH MINED , WITH NO TREATMENT OF ANY TYPE. IT HAS INCREDABLE LUSTER. IT WAS CUSTOM FACETED BY MASTER CUTTER JERRY NEWMAN @ GEMART SERVICES. HE DID A EXCELLENT JOB. THIS SAPPHIRE IS THE BEST POSSIBLE. IT IS A SCREEM'IN BLUE/GREEN COLOR IN LOW LIGHT AND A BABY BLUE IN BRIGHT LIGHT. THIS WOULD MAKE AN UNREAL BEAUTIFUL WEDDING RING OR A RING FOR ANY OCCASION. ALL I CAN SAY IS "WOW" THIS SAPPHIRE IS A PERFECT EXAMPLE OF WHY MONTANA SAPPHIRES ARE SOME OF THE BEST IN THE WORLD. PLEASE EMAIL US FOR MORE PICTURES. WE JUST RECEIVED THIS SAPPHIRE BACK FROM OUR CUTTER.
WE OFFER HELP WITH SETTING OPTIOINS
ALWAYS A 10 DAY MONEY BACK INSPECTION PERIOD

TYPE: SAPPHIRE > CUT : FANCY ROUND (CUSTOM CUT) > COLOR : MEDIUM BLUE BLUE/GREEN (AQUA) > WEIGHT : 2.35cts. > SIZE : 7mm CLARITY : VVS > LUSTER : EXCELLENT > TREATMENT : NONE > HARDNESS : 9 POLISH : EXCELLENT > ORIGIN : MONTANA (ELDORADO SAPPHIRE MINE)

_34277.jpg

katharath

Ideal_Rock
Another from blazen

$2500

http://blazengems.com/retail/shop/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=83_53_54&products_id=1310

THIS IS A TOP PICK. IT IS SO BEAUTIFUL. IT HAS A DEEP BLUE COLOR WITH A HINT OF GEEEN THAT MAKES THE COLOR POP. THIS IS ONE OF THOSE SAPPHIRES THAT WE WISH WE COULD ALWAYS FIND AND SELDOM EVER DO. IF YOU ARE LOOKING FOR A TOP QUALITY SAPPHIRE. LOOK NO FURTHER. THIS WILL MAKE THE MOST INCREDABLE RING.
DISCRIPTION

TYPE: SAPPHIRE
CUT: ROUND
COLOR: BLUE/BLUE/GREEN
WEIGHT: 2.41ct.
SIZE: 7.5mm.
CLARITY‎:VVS
LUSTER: EXCELLENT
TREATMENT: NONE
ORIGIN: MONTANA
HARDNESS: 9

_34278.jpg

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
katharath|1442014385|3926736 said:
I like this one from blazen gems. Might be too high budget wise, but I thought I'd include it ($2575), and 2.35 cts. It's pricier but it actually IS precision cut, and by a well respected cutter. Their photography isn't great so I don't know how much you can rely on that, but the description sounds very good and it's cut by one of our recommended vendors, he's really a great cutter and well respected over here.

So it's definitely something to keep in mind! At the very least it gives you a decent comparison - this one is 2.35 cts , guaranteed UNheated/untreated, and precision cut, with supposedly good color according to vendor (and not too dark).

Link and copied description below:

ooooh this one is beautiful!!! OP, I might "spring" for this stone if possible. It is definitely from a more reliable vendor--I've spoken with Blaze multiple times and he is great to work with, always honest about prices, options, etc, and honors his return policy completely. I also prefer this color to the one you posted, since it has more visual interest (IMHO)

EDIT: Just saw Katharath's new post--that one is even better!

katharath

Ideal_Rock
Lovedogs - I like them both, lol! I think the photos may have been taken in very low light, which could make the gems look darker than they usually appear in normal daylight - but I'm just guessing here. That's why I'm relying more on the descriptions in this case. Your info about the vendor is helpful, I've never dealt with them but only heard good things.

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
katharath|1442015361|3926745 said:
Lovedogs - I like them both, lol! I think the photos may have been taken in very low light, which could make the gems look darker than they usually appear in normal daylight - but I'm just guessing here. That's why I'm relying more on the descriptions in this case. Your info about the vendor is helpful, I've never dealt with them but only heard good things.

Agreed that both are great, but that second one just grabs me. I almost prefer that his pics are in lower light, because then I am confident that they'll be brighter IRL rather than looking "dead" compared to photos.

Just FYI to everyone I contacted Blaze at one point about a blue tourmaline, and he was really helpful, showed me lots of pics, and assured me that he would be happy to send it to me to see it in hand and then decide if I wanted it or not. I decided it wasn't quite bright enough for me, and he was completely understanding and easy about the return, refunded me quickly, etc. I have nothing but good things to say about him even though I didn't end up with the stone. And if I had the $$ for one of his Montanas I would snatch it up in a hot second!! :)

Jajabis

Rough_Rock
I would actually get the 2nd stone if I could put it on layaway! It's exactly what I would want. Too bad he isn't in Minnesota.

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Jajabis|1442025179|3926775 said:
I would actually get the 2nd stone if I could put it on layaway! It's exactly what I would want. Too bad he isn't in Minnesota.

Did you email him about potentially doing payments or something? I know some vendors (of course not all) allow people to pay over a few months as long as they put enough $ down. He's a really nice guy, so its worth shooting him an email just to check

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium

deskjockey

Brilliant_Rock
Jajabis|1441989018|3926603 said:
I do feel it's priced high and she did piss me off when she said that the price might be different today than when she quoted me last week due to market price. I think I'm going to look around more and find something that I think will be perfect in relation to price. I sent Micheal E a email to see if he could find another gem like the one linked above. If anyone sees a Round Parti-sapphire/ Montana Sapphire bi-color that is 1.7-2.2ct I'd appreciate a link. :tongue: :tongue: :tongue: thanks for all the help.

This one is reserved, but it is totally worth contacting the vendor to see if she has others:

https://www.etsy.com/ca/listing/240277438/reserved-genuine-montana-sapphire-teal?ref=shop_home_active_11

Her pictures are pretty good but the stone I got was cut better and had more "shift" than I realized from her photos (it goes a light silvery steel blue in some lights, brilliant blueish green in others). She does cut pretty deep, my stone is 1.8ct and 6.5 mm across, and barely fits in the setting we found for it.

She has a couple other interesting ones, though a bit outside your parameters. I like this one:
https://www.etsy.com/ca/listing/240246096/genuine-montana-sapphire-cushion-cut?ref=shop_home_active_10

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results