shape
carat
color
clarity

Anyone ever been to Brimfield?

ihy138

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Has anyone here gone to the Brimfield Antique Show in Massachusetts? If so, any advice? I'm going on Friday and it's my first time!

azstonie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It looks amazing, I've seen several PBS shows on it. I hope you get some great stuff.

I've heard that the best and most collectable things go btw dealers before the public even gets in OR that anything left over from that goes in the first several hours of the first day.

Please do report back!

ihy138

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
azstonie|1441666921|3924742 said:
It looks amazing, I've seen several PBS shows on it. I hope you get some great stuff.

I've heard that the best and most collectable things go btw dealers before the public even gets in OR that anything left over from that goes in the first several hours of the first day.

Please do report back!

Thank you, azstonie, for your advice and well wishes! I thought Friday would be a good day to go because some folks are still at work so maybe it will be less busy than the rest of the weekend, and it's a day that all of the dealers I am interested in will be there. I'm sure most hot ticket items will be long gone, haha! I'm mostly in the market for jewels (duh!) and some interesting home decor. I'm hoping that it's far enough into the week that I will have some leverage for bargaining. :naughty: I will be sure to update with my experience!

azstonie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Look it up on Tripadvisor, there are recent comments and tips there. Just google Brimfield and pick the trip advisor hit!

ihy138

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
azstonie|1441686764|3924838 said:
Look it up on Tripadvisor, there are recent comments and tips there. Just google Brimfield and pick the trip advisor hit!

There really is a wealth of tips on there! Thank you so much!

ihy138

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I just wanted to report back with my experience in case anyone is following. I had SUCH a great time. There were so many interesting and beautiful things there. I got there early (8:30 am) and had no trouble finding parking in the J and J promotions lot. I paid 8 dollars for parking and 5 for admission to that field. Well worth it, if you ask me! The lot filled up in the afternoon. The J and J dealer lot was probably one of the best and its a good place to start. The other fields were free yesterday and you can just weave in and out. They have some high end jewelers, you just have to look. A lot of other jewelers had a mix of costume and fine pieces. Pretty much all vendors were willing to haggle. I purchased a Victorian paste stick pin for a song, but I don't think I can post pictures here because it's paste and not diamond.

My favorite moment was a vendor who was hoping to sell me an $8,000 ring, and I was just interested in the antique ring box it was sitting in. She was taken aback, but she agreed to sell it to me! I attached a picture.

_34303.jpg

azstonie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good to hear back! Glad you had fun and I love your treasure from the show, so cool with the colors and its antique/vintage aura :appl:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results