shape
carat
color
clarity

WARNING: who should you take advice from?

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
drruby|1441804291|3925538 said:
drruby|1441764598|3925367 said:
I haven't attacked one user, haven't called anyone a name.

Yes I say my OPINION on labs and that's my opinion.

Libel is saying something that isn't true to harm someone

I state facts

In 2005 GIA was involved in the FBI investigation of how GIA graders were selling bumps in grades.

AGL was owned by a Collectors Universe which IMO means they're not a legitimate 'lab'.

AGS was founded by Shiple who founded GIA and it was meant to be a 'trade' organization not a 'lab' the GIA org was meant to be the 'lab'.

In CG circles most consider GIA certs irrelevant

So my OPINIONS on certs and CG is MY OPINION and not libel and it sure isn't an attack on any 'member' here

You need to have someone help you read and comprehend what I've posted here since you are so far off base it's pathetic and sad really.

So is ENGLISH your first language?

First, I came here seeking advice to IF any major labs were doing grading of high end color stones yet as to clarity, all I've been seeing is reports with the same info, maybe an OPINION on origin and type of stone, weight, dimensions, maybe an OPINION on color and most importantly any KNOWN treatments.

Someone said AGL, I've see AGL certs and on those I've seen they had no clarity grade, then after a few more posts I found out they have a high end report with grades a made up by them system about color clarity grading.

blah blah blah

I'm sorry, are you not understanding what "attacking another member" means?! You LITERALLY just asked someone if they need help comprehending, said they were pathetic and sad, and then expressed shock that English is their first language. :nono: :nono: :nono:

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Goodbye Marlow, sad to see you leave PG, and thanks for all your advice on CS.

DK :wavey:

jordyonbass

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I'm sad to see you go Marlow, I'm still looking for a Thorite for one of my bass guitars thanks to your suggestion!!

Take care my friend :wavey:

Rockinruby

Ideal_Rock
I am sad to learn you are leaving Marlow. I have enjoyed reading your advice & input in CS. Take care. :wavey:

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
If you still peep in, Marlow, I am another who is saddened to see another CS veteran leave. You are not only knowledgeable but often times bring in a different point of view and aren't afraid to share it. :bigsmile:

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
dk168|1441816341|3925642 said:
Goodbye Marlow, sad to see you leave PG, and thanks for all your advice on CS.

DK :wavey:

My bad, I meant PS, of course! :rolleyes:

DK :oops:

drruby

Shiny_Rock
lovedogs|1441815428|3925633 said:
I'm sorry, are you not understanding what "attacking another member" means?! You LITERALLY just asked someone if they need help comprehending, said they were pathetic and sad, and then expressed shock that English is their first language. :nono: :nono: :nono:

Read what they wrote, they stated I was defaming labs, they are CLUELESS as to what LIBEL and DEFAMATION is, so my 'attack' was not an 'attack' I merely stated facts, I DID NO SUCH THING as libel or defamation on any labs, I state FACTS and my OPINION as to how I interpret the FACTS.

I defended myself with that post against what can only be called CLEAR LIES, so they lied about what I said about labs, they labeled it with legal terms I am an expert on being an attorney, and the only only conclusion I can make is either English is not their first language so they are clueless as to the legal meanings of the words THEY ATTACKED me with, or perhaps they are just deluded.

When you say a FACT such as GIA was in a major SCANDAL with the FBI over pay to give me a better grade with large dealers, that is FACT, it is not defamation nor libel.

Now for someone with either no command of the English language or maybe a deluded mind to say that such a precise statement by me on FACTS is defamation is LYING and they need to be told clearly THEY ARE LIARS.

So what do you want me to call someone that LIES about what I have said and misrepresents what I have said, they have LIED and SLANDERED me by saying I am defaming large labs, I have done no such thing, every thing I say about labs is based usually on 100% FACTS and then I give my OPINION on what the FACTS means to me as a large collector of CG.

FACTS
GIA in 2005 was caught by FBI in major scandal due to graders being BRIBED to upgrade certs

OPINION
GIA is no longer a trusted lab.

FACTS
AGL was owned by CU Collectors Universe a company with major problems detecting fake ancient coins for their coin grading service and detecting fake sports cards made from original plates by modern forgers. So their reputation by elite coinists and sportscards collectors is suspect.

OPINION
AGL being owned recently by CU makes it not a trusted lab.

FACTS
ASGL was formed recently ASG was formed by the founder of GIA for Jewelers not to be a LAB, now ASG has broken away from the original founders intent and formed yet another lab and many consider ASGL grades to be BUMPS.

OPINION
ASGL is a new lab and the founder of ASG who founded GIA never intended ASG to be a lab, so I prefer to not use ASGL and I consider any grade they issue to be 'soft', my opinion.

I can look at almost any gem and tear it apart as to what is WRONG with the gem, just like I can look at any lab and figure out if I would consider it a trust lab.

Being heavily involved in CG for many decades I value these as top trusted labs for CG.

Gubelin
SSEF
GRS

A couple of Asian labs are great too.

I do not value any cert in CG from GIA, AGL or ASGL.

Yet in carbon despite the huge scandal GIA had, in the USA the GIA cert on common carbon (diamonds) is the gold standard unfortunately.

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
MARLOW?

MARLOW?

Please don't go. I've loved our interactions. I have no idea what's made you want to leave us but I'm genuinely sorry. Maybe just take some time out and come back when you feel like you want to? I'm really upset about this.

Lots of love from LD (aka Lady Disdain, Chrono, Minousbijoux, iLander, TL and the list goes on)! :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:

smitcompton

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi,

Marlow, please don't leave.! Do what the rest of us do. We get mad, stay off the boards for a while: we cool down, and post again.

I would never let a jerk push me off a board I liked to frequent. Admin walks a fine line, let the jerk write or seem to be too restrictive of opposing views. Its obvious Dr. Ruby has uninformed and quite narrow opinion guidelines on colored gems and labs,. Ruby collector? :lol: :lol: :lol:

I just love his carbon designation. I'm sure he is speaking about coal. At home I laugh at the carbon :lol: :lol:

Annette

eastjavaman

Shiny_Rock
This is what I call entertainment. :dance: :clap:

drruby

Shiny_Rock
Just think if my opinion became mainstream and people stop thinking GIA means anything

Then diamond dealers could all make dough again

Selling K I2 stones as G SI1

haha

As much as I dislike GIA in colored gems, they are a needed service in common carbon

At least a GIA grade gives very common carbon gemstones some impression of being 'rare'

The reality is carbon is carbon IT IS EVERYWHERE and with GIA certs

It has no real value IMO

Yet I may soon be doing carbon in a huge way and laughing all the way to the bank

Embracing GIA the whole time as the holy grail in schlok (carbon)

kimpnoth

Rough_Rock
Shhhhhh. I'm hunting wabbits. . . . . .

iluvshinythings

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
deskjockey|1441806929|3925547 said:
NKOTB|1441765716|3925379 said:
OMG, imagine Lady Disdain, Chrono and LD WERE the same person?!?! Holy, MOTHER OF ALL COLLECTIONS!!! :love: :-o :cheeky:

I'd pay admission to see that.

:dance:

I don't know if they could make a thread big enough for all that wonderful eye candy. (my leg hair is growing at the thought though)

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
iluvshinythings|1441905811|3926148 said:
OMG, imagine Lady Disdain, Chrono and LD WERE the same person?!?! Holy, MOTHER OF ALL COLLECTIONS!!! :love: :-o :cheeky:

I don't know if they could make a thread big enough for all that wonderful eye candy. (my leg hair is growing at the thought though)

I literally spat out my coffee laughing at this!

Well, if we are one and the same person then I want to wear Chrono's new coloured diamond ring. Oh hang on. I am Chrono. Or am I? Whose voice is that in my head? Lady D is that you? Where am I? Who's in control here? :-o

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
LD |1441916236|3926222 said:
Well, if we are one and the same person then I want to wear Chrono's new coloured diamond ring. Oh hang on. I am Chrono. Or am I? Whose voice is that in my head? Lady D is that you? Where am I? Who's in control here? :-o

What a wonderful way to end the work day. :lol:

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Let's look at the evidence:

"Chrono's" hand and "my" hand. We are clearly hand twins (think Joey from Friends) OR one and the same!

I believe that we can irrefutably state that we are ......... one and the same. Now then, let me take a photo of my other hand and maybe that one will look like Lady Disdains .................

chronos_hand.jpg

spinel_mahenge_1.jpg

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
LD |1441916236|3926222 said:
iluvshinythings|1441905811|3926148 said:

I literally spat out my coffee laughing at this!

:bigsmile: :bigsmile:
So this is what we've been missing over in RT... How's that leg hair?

WinkHPD

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Ella|1441764070|3925359 said:
We have been more than accommodating of trying to keep your different views on PS. If you want me to use my ban hammer due to namecalling you would also be on the list. This behavior is not what PS is about on either side.

If you want users to take you seriously I suggest spending some quiet time reading PS to find out what it's about, and stop insulting users and admin alike.

Sigh!

My Hero!

Wink

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
LD |1441893646|3926060 said:
MARLOW?

MARLOW?

Please don't go. I've loved our interactions. I have no idea what's made you want to leave us but I'm genuinely sorry. Maybe just take some time out and come back when you feel like you want to? I'm really upset about this.

Lots of love from LD (aka Lady Disdain, Chrono, Minousbijoux, iLander, TL and the list goes on)! :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:

I don't know who Dr. Ruby is, as I haven't been posting much lately, but I'm rather saddened to see Marlow go. He is a wealth of information.

texaskj

Brilliant_Rock
I think someone needs to learn the difference between libel and slander.

And Marlow, please think about coming back sometime in the future.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results