shape
carat
color
clarity

PEARL NEWBIE! MY 1ST PURCHASE!

ZestfullyBling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am so new to Pearls. Been on pricescope researching for the past week. There is a wealth of knowledge here. To pearl grading to vendors to types of pearls.

So from my research i have learned metallic pearls are a good 1st purchase. I decided to goto pearls paradise and Eric has be so helpful!!!

I prefer drop earrings, i choose these in 8-9mm. I understood the description states "iridescent silver-rose overtones". I preferred warmer overtones over cooler overtones so I emailed Eric my concern and he picked 3 sets of pairs for me to choose from. I was surprised I had the choice! Cool!!!

https://www.pearlparadise.com/p-3646-white-metallic-drop-pearl-french-wire-earrings.aspx

photo are my choices....

This is SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO exciting!!!!!!!!!!!!! :) :praise: :sun:

my_pearls.jpg

cmd2014

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love the top pair!!! To me they have the best luster and the warmest tones.

Edit: and those are great earrings. I have a pair and live in them.

krissy7

Shiny_Rock
Hi! I second cmd2014....top pair is good in poker and pearls.....haha!

ZestfullyBling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The person that assisting me at PP is Erin not Eric...my bad.

Thank you for your comments cmd2014 and krissy7.

Yes! Yes! I went with the very top pair. They were the warmest of the three to me. I also noticed a higher luster higher with the top pair as well.

Erin email stated:
"You will notice the top pair does have some gold in the overtone and the second pair indicates a bit of silver with lavender. The last pair in the photo are the closest to the silver/rose of all 3 pictured."

Im so happy!!!

ZestfullyBling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
cmd2014|1441216439|3922702 said:
I love the top pair!!! To me they have the best luster and the warmest tones.

Edit: and those are great earrings. I have a pair and live in them.

cmd2014 you mentioned you have a pair. What size do you have? Are they lightweight? Do you have a photo by chance?

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh wow, I love that style of earring! good for casual and dressy imo! And the pearls you selected are sooo pretty - can't wait to see these!

Kay

Ideal_Rock
I think you made a great choice. The top pair has the warmest overtones and great luster. Enjoy your first purchase, and make sure you post pictures when you receive them.

pinkjewel

Ideal_Rock
Good choice- number 1 would have been my pick, too. Best luster and warmest coloration!!! they'll be lovely

cmd2014

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The pair I wear most are 9-10 mm. They are very light and comfortable, which is why I love them so much. Plus, they go with everything. Here's a picture of them:

And with another outfit (this time paired with a metallic strand):

I also bought a white gold pair in 10 - 11mm (only because PP was out of the 9 - 10 mm at the time).

neck_and_1.jpg

close_9.jpg

9_-_10_mm.jpg

white_gold_1.jpg

ZestfullyBling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
cmd2014 our eaarrings are stunning!!! Gorgeous on you!!! Nice size too!! Your necklaces are very pretty as well.

Thank you for the photos!

Now Im ever more excited!!!

junebug, pinkjewel and kay I appreciate your comments!!

I will be stalking the tracking number anxiously waiting for my metallic pearls!!! :appl: :appl:

cmd2014

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think you'll really like them. The luster is great and they can go both casual and dressy.

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock
Wonderful choice, I am looking forward to more photos!

pearlsngems

Ideal_Rock
Premium
ZestfullyBling, you will find them very easy to wear and versatile!

I have an 8mm pair of drop metallic earrings that go with anything. Great for everyday wear.

Tucs

Brilliant_Rock
Lovely, I am on the waiting list for a 10-11mm pair myself :)

seaurchin

Ideal_Rock
Excellent choice! Here are my 10-11mm metallic drops in the leaf collection setting (from PP):

white_metallics1.jpg

white_metallics2.jpg

whitemetallics3.jpg

ZestfullyBling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
seaurchin|1441342161|3923456 said:
Excellent choice! Here are my 10-11mm metallic drops in the leaf collection setting (from PP):

white_metallics1.jpg

white_metallics2.jpg

whitemetallics3.jpg

seaurchin your metallics so pretty. I love the last photo, so much luster!!! Beautiful!!

cmd2014

Ideal_Rock
Premium
They really are pretty drops. There's a reason so many of us have some. I can't wait for you to get yours.

ZestfullyBling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you for all of your comments and support.

I received mine today! My camera doesn't capture the true beauty but hear is a photo..

pearl_earrings1.jpg

Tucs

Brilliant_Rock
Beautiful! They look great on you, the size seems just right.

baby nurse

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Really pretty :love: And the luster looks wonderful! I like how you have the dangle in the second piercing instead of the first.

Tucs

Brilliant_Rock
cmd2014|1441230252|3922828 said:
The pair I wear most are 9-10 mm. They are very light and comfortable, which is why I love them so much. Plus, they go with everything. Here's a picture of them:

And with another outfit (this time paired with a metallic strand):

I also bought a white gold pair in 10 - 11mm (only because PP was out of the 9 - 10 mm at the time).

Hi CMD! :wavey: I see you have these drops in both 9-10mm and 10-11mm and you prefer the former. May I ask why? I'm planning to get a pair to wear with huggies, I wonder if I should go for 9-10mm instead of 10-11mm.

cmd2014

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Tucs,

I think it's just because for me the 9 - 10 mm is a perfect size. I would have bought the same size again in WG if they had been available. Since they weren't I elected to go a size up.

The 10 - 11 mm are also beautiful, but I find the slightly larger size is maybe a hair less comfortable for me to wear...not in terms of weight, but in terms of scale. Part of it is that I have relatively small earlobes and large pieces tend to look particularly oversized on me. Part of it is that I am weirdly sensitive to my piercing holes stretching as I get older (especially my phone ear side) so I lean towards smaller and lighter earrings in general these days. Part of it is that I tend to wear my YG ones to work and they are the perfect size to be professional and dressy, but they don't read like a larger statement piece. They work well for both casual and dressy, and are a good scale with my strands. The 10 - 11 mm are also beautiful, but are just a smidge larger than I would probably reach for as every day wear (that said, I do wear them a whole lot, so clearly they don't make me feel that uncomfortable).

cmd2014

Ideal_Rock
Premium
ZestfullyBling|1441760100|3925311 said:
Thank you for all of your comments and support.

I received mine today! My camera doesn't capture the true beauty but hear is a photo..

Those look fantastic on you! Yay!

pearlsngems

Ideal_Rock
Premium
ZestfullyBling,
Those look perfect on you-- and I also like seeing them in the second piercing as well. It never occurred to me to do that with dangles, and now I'll have to try it. =)

Tucs,
10-11mm is also very wearable!
My SSP drops are that size, and they are neither heavy nor out of proportion to my [admittedly-large] ear lobes. I'm sure I could easily go larger still.

Tucs

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you CMD and pearlsngems!

CMD, I think the bigger ones look divine on you :)

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results