shape
carat
color
clarity

Show us your green garnets!

Sungura

Brilliant_Rock
This three just keeps getting better and better.

Katharath: yes the 5 stone is from Yvonne. It was premade: mint, tsav and tourmaline. It was my first green garnet not counting beads. As for your gorgeous beaded green necklace I think shiny gold would help the stones pop more. The silver blends in and looks more casual

Limonsun- I have more beads from Yvonne too. I need to get stringing and knotting ;-)

lilmosun

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sungura|1441559780|3924314 said:
This three just keeps getting better and better.

Limonsun- I have more beads from Yvonne too. I need to get stringing and knotting ;-)

Sungura - You will need to show me when you finish...I need some more inspiration to get motivated!

mochiko - love your ring....wish I could do dainty :sigh:...Yvonne's tsavs are small but speak loudly, don't thought (my smaller ones minous commented on came from her too)

TL - love the cab!!

Lisa Loves Shiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
So many beautiful green garnets on this thread. :)

amyek

Rough_Rock
O. K. I'll play too. :angel:

8.77 ct. Mint Garnet by Roger Dery
1.76 ct. Mint Garnet from Yvonne Raley
Mint garnet earring studs
Tsavie earring studs
Mint & Tsav band in Rose Gold

garnetmerelanimint.jpg

il_233.jpg

10717712_10204542478312651_1526712595_n.jpg

10543811_10204188195575804_70741283_n.jpg

katharath

Ideal_Rock
Sungura and mochiko - love that style of Yvonne's, so simple and classic, very wearable. Your rings are lovely :)

I keep seeing pics in here and then recalling more stuff that I have, lol!!

Seeing the last green cab made me remember that I have a mint cab too, here are pics...

It's about 4.5 cts, a nice size, and definitely included. Got it from Prima (and while I do have a lot of gems that came from Prima indirectly, I actually did get this one straight from Prima, hence my distinction :) Picked it up at the JCK show on impulse). Don't have exact mm but it's right about 8 mm each way, nicely domed and a bit chunky, I really like it. (I got a 10+ ct tanzanite cab at the same time too, just for fun).

I don't mind the inclusions at all in this cab, they cause little iridescent rainbows and some of them look glittery in the sun. Kind of a fun departure from the usual! I was able to get one pic that shows a bit of rainbow if you look closely, it's in pic 3. I want to set this one very simply in a gold solitaire style with prongs, I think I have an inspiration pic...

_34073.jpg

_34074.jpg

_34075.jpg

_34076.jpg

katharath

Ideal_Rock
Oops forgot the inspiration pic(s) for the setting, here they are...I think this is from an etsy seller but can't remember for sure which one!

And it's not a mint but at least it's green ;-). (Pretty sure it's a peridot).

_34077.jpg

_34078.jpg

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
katharath|1441570216|3924379 said:
Sungura and mochiko - love that style of Yvonne's, so simple and classic, very wearable. Your rings are lovely :)

I keep seeing pics in here and then recalling more stuff that I have, lol!!

Seeing the last green cab made me remember that I have a mint cab too, here are pics...

It's about 4.5 cts, a nice size, and definitely included. Got it from Prima (and while I do have a lot of gems that came from Prima indirectly, I actually did get this one straight from Prima, hence my distinction :) Picked it up at the JCK show on impulse). Don't have exact mm but it's right about 8 mm each way, nicely domed and a bit chunky, I really like it. (I got a 10+ ct tanzanite cab at the same time too, just for fun).

I don't mind the inclusions at all in this cab, they cause little iridescent rainbows and some of them look glittery in the sun. Kind of a fun departure from the usual! I was able to get one pic that shows a bit of rainbow if you look closely, it's in pic 3. I want to set this one very simply in a gold solitaire style with prongs, I think I have an inspiration pic...

ooo Katharath I love that green cab :) The inclusions give a lot of visual interest here, and make it look special and unique. I like the inspiration pics too! Hope to see more pics when you set it!

katharath

Ideal_Rock
Thank you lovedogs, glad you like it! I will definitely post pics when I set it, but it may be a little while. I recently set a few things and I'm taking a little break for now.

ilovegemstones

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Love this thread!

This is my mali garnet and spinel pendant from Yvonne. Stone was originally from Jim McCormick. I love this piece!

20140525_1.jpg

Sungura

Brilliant_Rock
Oooo Ilovegemstones, the color combo in that pendant is delicious!

ilovegemstones

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you Sungara! That is how I feel about your avatar colour combo but I actually like yours more!

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
ilovegemstones|1441669837|3924761 said:
Love this thread!

This is my mali garnet and spinel pendant from Yvonne. Stone was originally from Jim McCormick. I love this piece!

I love these colors together. I like the way Yvonne's jewelry plays with color like this. Gorgeous! :love:

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Crikey I'm not a green garnet lover but seeing the beauties in this thread I could change my mind! Here are my two contributions.

The pendant is made up of variegated Tsavorite. I'm not sure if the colour differential shows in the photo. The stone is a Tsav from Swala. It doesn't matter how much I photograph this stone, I can't get my camera to show you the true beauty so I'm attaching Swala's photo!

garnet_tsavorite_daylight3_1_1.jpg

Attachments

• tsavorite_garnet_1.bmp
    155.5 KB · Views: 680

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
LD |1441739576|3925134 said:
Crikey I'm not a green garnet lover but seeing the beauties in this thread I could change my mind! Here are my two contributions.

The pendant is made up of variegated Tsavorite. I'm not sure if the colour differential shows in the photo. The stone is a Tsav from Swala. It doesn't matter how much I photograph this stone, I can't get my camera to show you the true beauty so I'm attaching Swala's photo!

Ha, for the alleged "Queen of England" you sure don't have much in the way of green. So now I really doubt you are the queen! You imposter, you!!! :wink2:

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
amyek|1441570037|3924378 said:

Tsavie earring studs

wow that RD stone is just incredible. :appl: Thanks for the pics, all your pieces are gorgeous! But his stones always just "pop" to my eye because of his awesome faceting skills.

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
minousbijoux|1441742400|3925164 said:
LD |1441739576|3925134 said:

Ha, for the alleged "Queen of England" you sure don't have much in the way of green. So now I really doubt you are the queen! You imposter, you!!! :wink2:

Ahem, dear subject, I think you'll find I have plenty of green - just not of the Garnet variety! One has a rather formidable collection of Alexandrite that one feels trumps the garnets! Now be off with you before I decide to send you to The Tower!

deskjockey

Brilliant_Rock
I've posted this before and it's teeny tiny, but my itty bitty demantoid makes me happy so I'll just post it again. :tongue:

happy_little_demantoid.jpg
demantoidring.jpg

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Love green garnets so I love this thread! :appl: :appl: Here are mine.........

dsc_323.jpg

dsc_324.jpg

dsc_1183.jpg

dsc_1187.jpg

katharath

Ideal_Rock
LD - love both your gem and your finished piece. I can definitely see the graduated colors in the jewelry, that's beautiful!!

Desk jockey - great example of how a small stone with good color can pop, love the setting choice :). Looks like rose gold, no? I really like the gold color too.

Catmom - beautiful suite!! I especially love the ring.

InToTheMystic

Shiny_Rock
Man, I am loving these green goodies. I love blowing people's minds when you tell them they're garnets, not emeralds. It's incredible how the common perception is that garnets are just muddy red-brown rhodolites and nothing else.

My cute little tsav earrings (2 x 0.95ct)

And my 1.8ct Namibian demantoid ring, with a rose gold bezel and white gold everything else

tsavs_afternoon_1.jpg

_34357.jpg

_34361.jpg

_34368.jpg

colorluvr

Brilliant_Rock
Just got the head redone on my Tsavorite ring and I'm pleased with the results. It's not quite as dark as the center photo, but a bit darker than the first and last photo.

2015-09-03_13.jpg

tsavorite_new.jpg

2015-09-03_0.jpg

colorluvr

Brilliant_Rock
Merelani Mint Garnet from Prima Gems. 2.53 ct (8mm) This is through glass, so it dulls it a bit.

2013-09-12_21.jpg

ZestfullyBling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
tsavorite garnet about a carat from Multicolour

tavorite.jpg

tavorite12.jpg

tavgarnet.jpg

tavgarnet13.jpg

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock
That Roger Dery trillion makes me swoon every time.

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock
Rothschild55|1441504089|3924135 said:
Hi Jstarfireb,
I love your collection of greens, they are so pretty. May I ask where you got the setting for Gene's Tsav-2nd from the left-is it from Sally at Heart of Water? I think it is a really lovely setting;-)
Thank You!

I just saw this now - thanks! Yes, it's from Sally (her Iolani setting). I send my favorite rocks to her since I love her work so much!

picante27

Shiny_Rock
Wow, now that I've seen all these gorgeous green garnets, I've come to the realization that I NEED one for myself. Beautiful pics everybody!

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Colorluvr: Love the new head on your ring! The claw prongs are TDF!

IntotheMystic:
That ring! The halo plus the milgrain! I am swooning! Do you mind sharing who made it?

Great additions everyone! Now I have yet another stone on my wishlist! :)

GregS

Brilliant_Rock
amyek|1441570037|3924378 said:

Tsavie earring studs
Is the 8.77 ct. one he won the award with? Very nice regardless...

Garnetgirl

Ideal_Rock
I love all the green garnets on this thread. Here's mine, an African demantoid, 0.97ct in green gold:

demantoid__2_.jpg

RSargent

Shiny_Rock
Here is my 2 carat Merelani mint. I love the bezel setting and the mix of white and yellow gold.

_34444.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results